bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

WTF Martin Kampmann was at +325

Can't believe the number he opened at for his fight vs Paulo Thiago. Congrats if you got it LOADS of value there. He's all the way down to +165 now.

I'm a big fan of Paulo Thiago and actually won money on him at + odds for his fight vs Swick but there's no way he should have been that much of a favorite.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

i guess your using the "show index graph" on bestfightodds, not sure what book they track the odds on (guessing BookMaker) but i dout the +325 lasted very long, wish i could have gotten in on it

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Good at those odds, but I still think he'll lose. He's pretty overrated IMO.

GordonGekko1
    GordonGekko1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Paulo Thiago is a beast and on a roll lately. Kampmann is on his way down. Thiago could get a title shot after this win, Kampmann doesnt have a chance.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    i guess your using the "show index graph" on bestfightodds, not sure what book they track the odds on (guessing BookMaker) but i dout the +325 lasted very long, wish i could have gotten in on it
    5dimes opened at +325. Opening numbers have been coming out at odd times, looks like the rest of the card was opened early this morning or late last night est time by bookmaker and they are moving fast, real fast. Not sure who is catching these lines, but you need to be on top of them 24/7 it appears. Used to be nice when you knew that you just had to be ready between 2-5 on wednesday. Now they are popping up all over the place.

36mafia
    36mafia's Avatar Become A Pro!

looks like they always open the lines in the early am now

3/1 is great odds for kamp if you got it. 2/1 sounds about right, thiago is just about better in all aspects of the game right now

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by 36mafia View Post
    thiago is just about better in all aspects of the game right now
    Thiago definitely has advantages in some aspects but he's not better in all aspects. Where have I heard this before?

bogbat

I give the edge to Thiago, the guy is a beast. Scrappy stand up with knock out power and an excellent ground game. Kampmann is quite well rounded though so I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he won this..

sundin4prez
    sundin4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!

i have thiago in this one.... i can see this fight playing out like the condit fight (very well matched thats goes back and fourth)... i just think thiago is overall better in every aspect of mma then kampman....

36mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Chairib View Post
    Thiago definitely has advantages in some aspects but he's not better in all aspects. Where have I heard this before?
    id say for atleast half the bouts on every card

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Quote Originally Posted by bogbat View Post
    I give the edge to Thiago, the guy is a beast. Scrappy stand up with knock out power and an excellent ground game. Kampmann is quite well rounded though so I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he won this..
    The guy has 2 TKOs on his resume. One due to injury and the other a questionable stoppage.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by urge2kill View Post
    The guy has 2 TKOs on his resume. One due to injury and the other a questionable stoppage.
    Which guy?!

bogbat

You think the koshcheck stoppage was questionable?

Also the swick submission was a result of a knock down on the feet, it very well could have been a tko if he opted to follow with some ground and pound.

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

kampman will not be a happy guy after this fight.

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

thiago will need less than one round to finish this fight.

Chairib

Nice to see someone here do a little research before he posts. Everyone knew the ref stopped that fight with Kos way too early, it's why they had a rematch set up for UFC 109. But Kos got hurt during training so they had Swick step in for him as a replacement.

That being said, Paulo's stand up striking however raw it still maybe is very powerful. It's really the one area where he's got a clear advantage on Martin. Both Daley and Marquardt showed how to beat Martin, over whelm him with strikes at the beginning and don't give him any room to recover. I think Thiago's best shot to win this fight is going to be with strikes in the first round.

If Martin wins this fight, it's going to be by getting the fight into the later rounds. Thiago's cardio is still very very questionable. You watch his fights and it's really evident how different of guy he is in the second and third rounds. And if you can get Thiago up against the cage during the later rounds, getting the takedown is a lot easier. Thiago's grappling is good but it's more geared towards sports BJJ not MMA. His top game is strong but it more about getting position than anything else. He's a very strong guy but if he gets into bad position on the ground, he'll just try to muscle his way out instead of trying to use proper technique.

ufcmma36
    ufcmma36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 787

Thiago wins

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Nice to see someone here do a little research before he posts. Everyone knew the ref stopped that fight with Kos way too early, it's why they had a rematch set up for UFC 109. But Kos got hurt during training so they had Swick step in for him as a replacement.

That being said, Paulo's stand up striking however raw it still maybe is very powerful. It's really the one area where he's got a clear advantage on Martin. Both Daley and Marquardt showed how to beat Martin, over whelm him with strikes at the beginning and don't give him any room to recover. I think Thiago's best shot to win this fight is going to be with strikes in the first round.

If Martin wins this fight, it's going to be by getting the fight into the later rounds. Thiago's cardio is still very very questionable. You watch his fights and it's really evident how different of guy he is in the second and third rounds. And if you can get Thiago up against the cage during the later rounds, getting the takedown is a lot easier. Thiago's grappling is good but it's more geared towards sports BJJ not MMA. His top game is strong but it more about getting position than anything else. He's a very strong guy but if he gets into bad position on the ground, he'll just try to muscle his way out instead of trying to use proper technique.
    HHAHAHA Koscheck's eyes rolled to the back of his head! Thiago would of killed him with ground and pound if the ref hadnt of stopped it!

Chairib

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    HHAHAHA Koscheck's eyes rolled to the back of his head! Thiago would of killed him with ground and pound if the ref hadnt of stopped it!
    Was I talking to you dipshit? Go run along now fanboy.

36mafia

shit in here gets hostile

Chairib

Quote Originally Posted by 36mafia View Post
    shit in here gets hostile

Nah he's just stupid, can't really do much about that.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Was I talking to you dipshit? Go run along now fanboy.
    ha blimey, dont like realising you're wrong do you!

Chairib

ha blimey, dont like realising you're wrong do you!
    I know reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, so I'll make this as simple as possible: you're a retard and a complete waste of my time.

Your responses have made it very clear that you lack even a basic knowledge of the sport.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I know reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, so I'll make this as simple as possible: you're a retard and a complete waste of my time.

Your responses have made it very clear that you lack even a basic knowledge of the sport.
    Amazing anecdote amigo!

Chairib

Amazing anecdote amigo!
    You really don't have much to offer do you?

syn^
    syn^'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I have to agree with the fact that koscheck was out when thiago hit him. He crumbled to his back and had his hands to his sides looking straight at thiago but dazed as hell and not able to cover. He was like that for a good 5 seconds too... if thiago just went straight down ala shogun with 1 punch koscheck would have really been put to sleep.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by syn^ View Post
    I have to agree with the fact that koscheck was out when thiago hit him. He crumbled to his back and had his hands to his sides looking straight at thiago but dazed as hell and not able to cover. He was like that for a good 5 seconds too... if thiago just went straight down ala shogun with 1 punch koscheck would have really been put to sleep.
    But Chairib cant be wrong...he's trained BJJ since 95'!

bogbat

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Congrats to all who picked Kampmann....Thiago sucked massively tonight...need a Barry win and Franklin decision big time.

bogbat

The odds makers make more mistakes in MMA than any other sport. Congrats all who took Kampmann.

Chairib

You guys are fags

Eccocide
    2010 MMA Results: +69.3225 units
    Eccocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Chairib

But Chairib cant be wrong...he's trained BJJ since 95'!
    Keep running your mouth fanboy. Unlike you, I've got some experience to know what the **** I'm talking about.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

LOL you mother****er charib!!!!!!!

you saved my ass on that with your Dunham write-up

I should have put more on Kampmann but he still made me a +2.25 unit profit

Chairib

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    LOL you mother****er charib!!!!!!!