GordonGekko1
    GordonGekko1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chuck is taking this fight. He's ripped and in better shape than he's EVER been. A six pack doesnt guarantee a win, but he's motivated. I've seen plenty of interviews with him about this fight and he's pumped. He genuinely seems excited to get back in there..

Franklin on the other hand seems like he's ready to pack it up and retire to FL somewhere. In his interviews all he talks about is "Yeah I wanted more time off, but Dana asked me to do him a favor by fighting" "I think I had enough time off" "I'm 35 and near the end of my career". Franklin usually has atleast some personality to him....he just looks out of it.

Get in on Chuck now if you like him because when the public sees how shredded he is at the weigh ins that betting line is only going down.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Quote Originally Posted by Eccocide View Post

I must've missed when Chuck and Vera fought, meanwhile them going to a decision....

If you are talking about the Couture/Vera decision, I'm not exactly sure what that has to do with Chuck. None of Chucks decision wins were anywhere close to questionable or where the judges felt they had to give it to him.
    No, the part you missed is when i compared to Chuck to Randy. And basically said Chuck is now at that level, where there's a chance you aren't going to get a fair shake form the judges against him. That's what you missed. It's basically just a common sense thing, sorry if you don't understand.
    Last edited by Tree Rollins; 06-09-10 at 01:33 PM.

Tree Rollins

I must've missed when Chuck and Vera fought, meanwhile them going to a decision....

If you are talking about the Couture/Vera decision, I'm not exactly sure what that has to do with Chuck. None of Chucks decision wins were anywhere close to questionable or where the judges felt they had to give it to him.
    I also missed the part where the judges are always completely fair and unbias. I missed that part. These damn UFC judges have been on a tear these last couple years. Haven't fuked up a single fight yet.

vassman86
    vassman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

All Chuck needs to do is tap Franklin's chin and it's lights out

Collecting
    Collecting's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 609

Quote Originally Posted by Retibol View Post
    Better stay away from this, could go either way
    Agree'd

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by vassman86 View Post
    All Chuck needs to do is tap Franklin's chin and it's lights out

how do you figure?

rich has never been ko'd because of his chin.

Eccocide
    2010 MMA Results: +69.3225 units
    Eccocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    No, the part you missed is when i compared to Chuck to Randy. And basically said Chuck is now at that level, where there's a chance you aren't going to get a fair shake form the judges against him. That's what you missed. It's basically just a common sense thing, sorry if you don't understand.
    lol don't get ur thong in a bunch buddy. I usually base my arguments on facts rather than making random assumptions and stating them as things that happened. So Randy wins one questionable decision and that somehow correlates to the judges will be backing chuck and franklin will have to thoroughly dominate to win a decision??? Quality logic!!! Wouldn't chuck have beaten Jardine then rather than chuck losing a close fight? What about BJ losing to Edgar or Tito losing to Forrest both in close fights??? Ur argument that legends or even fading legends has no basis other than a one fight sample of Randy/Vera

syn^
    syn^'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

IMO rich has seemed way more worn out then chuck. Rich looked terrible in his last 3 fights and chuck has very good accuracy with his hands unlike wandy who almost took rich out. Chuck will put rich to sleep.

ThisGuy
    ThisGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 636

What about BJ losing to Edgar or Tito losing to Forrest both in close fights??? Ur argument that legends or even fading legends has no basis other than a one fight sample of Randy/Vera

Forrest is the fan favorite, not Tito. BJ lost the decision cause he didn't look like normal BJ, he still shoulda won the fight but the judges were grading him against himself. OOOOO Frankie took BJ down!!!

Tree Rollins

lol don't get ur thong in a bunch buddy. I usually base my arguments on facts rather than making random assumptions and stating them as things that happened. So Randy wins one questionable decision and that somehow correlates to the judges will be backing chuck and franklin will have to thoroughly dominate to win a decision??? Quality logic!!! Wouldn't chuck have beaten Jardine then rather than chuck losing a close fight? What about BJ losing to Edgar or Tito losing to Forrest both in close fights??? Ur argument that legends or even fading legends has no basis other than a one fight sample of Randy/Vera
    You're comparing apples to oranges. Tito is a douche, he isn't going to have many people taking his side in anything. As far as BJ, he was on top for a long time, he wasn't coming off a retirement, he didn't have everyone pulling for him as a sentimental favorite, he isn't arguably the most popular and well-liked fighter in the history of MMA, and it's not like people were saying "wow, i really hope we see the old BJ tonight, i really miss that guy, he was so great". I'll put it like this, when Jordan came back to the Wizards, he got every call and always received the benefit of the doubt. The officials are supposed to be unbiased, but clearly, they aren't. And no one complained about it either, because it was MJ. Everyone wanted to see the guy succeed. He was so loved, and so many people yearned to see the MJ of old, they missed that guy so much, and if it took a couple of calls here and there to help him out, then so be it.

Eccocide

Quote Originally Posted by ThisGuy View Post
    Forrest is the fan favorite, not Tito. BJ lost the decision cause he didn't look like normal BJ, he still shoulda won the fight but the judges were grading him against himself. OOOOO Frankie took BJ down!!!
    His argument said nothing about fan favourite. He spoke of legends of the UFC. He used a one-fight example of the judges siding with an unrelated fighter as his argument for Rich having to destroy Chuck to win a decision. Jumping to conclusions much based on 1 fight sample? You can pick one fight from the thousands of fights that have happened in the UFC and make massive assumptions all you want to fit your belief. Thats not hard to do.

If you want to talk about fan favourites losing close decisions, thats no problem either. Wanderei got one of the biggest ovations ever against Rich Franklin and still lost in a close fight, when everyone was hoping to see some vintage Wanderlei in a new weight class. The whole crowd was going for the Korean Zombie and he lost to Garcia. And theres still the most obvious choice that fits both categories in Chuck losing to Jardine who had just got knocked the **** out by Houston Alexander.

My whole point is judges aren't bias towards the fighter who is fighting. They are bias towards what they believe are the most important criteria to winning a fight. There is so much inconsistency from judge to judge due to incompetence/lack of knowledge about the sport. They all weigh things differently, they all come from different backgrounds in combat fighting and most of them arent even aware of what some of the criteria mean. Bad decisions have gone against the more known/popular/fan favourite just as much if not more than the other guy. This isn't boxing where the name gets the BS decision all the time (it may get there one day, but hasn't entered the terrority yet). If ppl want to debate about something, at least bring more than one example to the table.

Anyway, I've said my piece on the topic lol. ppl will believe what they want.

Tree Rollins

Lol. My thong is a bunch! you're killing me! harharharharhar

Tree Rollins

Yeah, i used 1 fight as an example. I didn't realize i had to lay out the entire history of judges fuking up for you to understand. Sorry, but i don't have time to write my thesis on this dumb shit.

Tree Rollins

And like "ThisGuy" told you, the Tito example was piss poor. Forrest is a fan-favorite, Tito is a douche.

Eccocide

I countered your judges fuking up with examples of them going against the legend or fading legend or fan favourite. Chuck could get screwed over by a decision just as badly as Rich could. The judges are incompentent, not favouring fighters they are hoping to return to glory lol.....conspiracy theory time! where's my tinfoil hat!!

Tree Rollins

I countered your judges fuking up with examples of them going against the legend or fading legend or fan favourite. Chuck could get screwed over by a decision just as badly as Rich could. The judges are incompentent, not favouring fighters they are hoping to return to glory lol.....conspiracy theory time! where's my tinfoil hat!!
    It's not a conspiracy. It's called being human. The same way MJ used to get all the calls, guys like Randy and Chuck will often get the benefit of the doubt. If every round between Rich and Chuck is dead-even, literally as close as it could be. I'd guarantee you at least 2 of the 3 judges give that round to Chuck.

Eccocide

It's not a conspiracy. It's called being human. The same way MJ used to get all the calls, guys like Randy and Chuck will often get the benefit of the doubt. If every round between Rich and Chuck is dead-even, literally as close as it could be. I'd guarantee you at least 2 of the 3 judges give that round to Chuck.
    Wait so now ur saying if the fight is razor close and could go either way, Chuck will win? Thats totally different then ur original argument that Franklin would have to dominate the entire fight to have a chance at winning a decision lol.

I agree with what you are saying there, but its totally different than a guy having to completely dominate a fight to get the judges to give it to him.

Tree Rollins

Eccocide- "His argument said nothing about fan favourite. He spoke of legends of the UFC."

Umm, nope, you invented that in your mind. I never even specified legends, don't even think i said the word. i just said "randy and Chuck". You've pretty much imagined all the rest.

Eccocide

Oh okay. Next time I'll try not to attempt to put together your random thoughts and comparisons and try to make sense of them. This will just go in circles so I'm good to go. Gl this weekend lol.

Tree Rollins

Oh okay. Next time I'll try not to attempt to put together your random thoughts and comparisons and try to make sense of them. This will just go in circles so I'm good to go. Gl this weekend lol.
    Don't be a condescending little prick.

If you want to have a good-natured debate, that's cool. If you want to act like an arrogant little shit, then fuk off.
    Last edited by Tree Rollins; 06-09-10 at 07:19 PM.

Eccocide

You're a very bitter guy eh? I actually wished you good luck genuinely - I can have an argument without getting steamed and want the other guy to die....but anyway.

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

None of Chuck's decision wins were questionable? I don't know if that's completely accurate statement, especially with that fight with Murilo Bustamante. I've always felt he lost that fight, but it was a ridiculously close match.

Varker
    Varker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

Chuck's looking good.
    Last edited by Varker; 06-09-10 at 10:48 PM.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

Quote Originally Posted by Varker View Post
    Chuck's looking good.
    that shit was photoshoped, he paste his head on my body
    Last edited by phillybadboy; 06-10-10 at 01:57 AM.

phillybadboy

chuck lidell is a little girl

phillybadboy

Lol. My thong is a bunch! you're killing me! harharharharhar
    Tree Rollins wears a thong,

westerner
    westerner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Chairib View Post
    Very, very good observation. People seem to forget that Rich was fighting Vitor Belfort. Say what you will about the guy's heart, Vitor's never lost his power. A shot to the temple ended it but in a span of a couple of seconds I counted six or seven punches that landed on Rich's head. I don't know too many fighters who could survive one of those instances where Belfort can unload multiple punches.
    What is known though is that of the 2, Chuck is the only one with proven KO power, and while Rich looks good putting his lefty combos together they don't match well with Chuck's southpaw killer right straight. I think that says it all about this fight, Chuck's best punch is the worst punch for a southpaw and not to mention he is a better wrestler, bigger, and a better athlete. Also he looks to be on an actual proper diet for once which is way more encouraging than merely being shredded. He looks healthy... something he's really never looked

Collecting
    Collecting's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 609

The more i look and think about this, I think i like chuck, especially at +110

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

I think Rich takes a decision here.

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Holy shit you aren't kidding, he is cut. Never seen him look like that before.

actionaddict86
    actionaddict86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

cut the crap kids...lock it in
    iceman wins this hands down

GordonGekko1
    GordonGekko1's Avatar Become A Pro!

BIG swing in the odds tonight Liddell went from +120 to -105 on almost all the sites. Told ya it would happen and the weigh ins didnt even happen yet. Guarantee Chuck is the favorite by fight time. -105 is still a steal on Chuck....get him while ya can.

phillybadboy

i'm giving you guys two winners saturday MMA rich franklin and matt wiman

Shane
    Shane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Can hardly believe myself here, but I'm on Chuck now.

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by westerner View Post

What is known though is that of the 2, Chuck is the only one with proven KO power, and while Rich looks good putting his lefty combos together they don't match well with Chuck's southpaw killer right straight. I think that says it all about this fight, Chuck's best punch is the worst punch for a southpaw and not to mention he is a better wrestler, bigger, and a better athlete. Also he looks to be on an actual proper diet for once which is way more encouraging than merely being shredded. He looks healthy... something he's really never looked
    I don't know if Chuck's the only one with proven KO power. Many of Rich's wins have come by either TKO or KO, and unlike Chuck, Rich has shown the ability to take someone out with his kicks. His TKO/KO of Matt Hamil with a kick to body was pretty damned impressive. But out of the two, Chuck is the guy who has so speciailzed his MMA style down to the point where it's almost exclusively punching. Him and Rampage are very very similar in that sense.

Chuck's still a counter striker at heart, and while can initiate the offense on his own he's still at his best when the opponent is coming at him. Stylistically speaking, he's going to have the most success with guys like Wanderlei who wade straight in throwing punches. And with his reach advantage, he's going to land first with the hardest shots against a guy like that. Where he's had problems are those times where he's had to initiate his own offense, where that same reach can become an issue especially when it's combined with punch selection.

What makes this fight really interesting is what I've been hearing about Chuck's training as of late. He's focused on working more takedowns for his fight against Rich.

First 123 Last