shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

Tim sylvia +200 against nog

Anybody else loving this bet? Tim may not have the best skill set but its hard to beat him. he gets no respect which in turn gives him lines like this.

Im loving this line

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011
    ChuteBoxe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Don't get me wrong, I like Tim. He uses his weight and size well. And I know the bandwagon "I hate Tim Sylvia" crowd you're talking about. If it was just disrespect, the line would probably be +140, +150. It's 2-1 for a reason. It's not as easy of a fight as you may think. If Tim can keep Noguiera on his feet, the fight's over. He's just too big. The punches, the kicks, whatever, nothing special... But, he can just use his size and strength to lay on Nogueira, back him up to the cage, and stay in the clinch for most of the fight like classic Sylvia stalling, and connecting on knees to the body to score points with the judges. If however, Nogueira can get Tim on the ground, he's screwed. Don't forget that Nogueira trained Judo as a kid, so he's good with his throws too. Nogueira is one of the best grapplers in the fight game, he learned under Ricardo de la Riva Goded (Rated 5th Best BJJ Artist in the world by the Gracie Family). Nogueira also trained with the Brazilian Top Team with Bustamante, Sperry, and Arona, and now at Black House wth Anderson Silva and Vitor Belfort. If Tim winds up on his back AT ALL at UFC 81, he will leave Vegas with a broken arm. I'm not trying to sway your thinking at all, you can do what you want, and I advise you to go with what you originally thought. I just wanted to give you a little insight on the fight from someone who not only watches UFC, but international MMA a lot. To be honest, Pancrase and Pride when they were both in their heyday were wayy better than UFC. I also have trained BJJ and Muay Thai for 8 years. Hope Sylvia comes through for you though, he deserves a nice win, and maybe people will realize that he's actually a really nice down to earth guy. Good luck man.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

if you like this line, get it now because it will be going down

no way the line should be this high

this fight is practically pick em

shady610

I need to wait a bit first since id have to have my buddy in veags make the bet for me since i dont have an offshore.. I may go to the fight to, so if i dont make it down there, i can always bet more.

twtb19
    twtb19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

I agree with Chutebox, I think this fight is going to be very tough for Tim based on the grappling ability of Nogueira. He also has decent hands and is near impossible to ko. He took a huge shot from Herring in his last fight and was still able to recover and get the win. If you just saw that fight I can understand thinking Sylvia would win, but if you have seen him in Pride you would be wondering how Sylvia is only a 2/1 dog.

shady610

Sylvia shouldnt be +200 against anybody not named fedor. Monson may not be Nogs grappling level but slyvia beat him on the ground. I dont worry about skill as much as I do match up.

I have seen nog in PRIDE and yes he is impressive. But I said the same thing about Rua and he was beat by forrest. And forrest was +385 at the time.

I dont know how confident i am in Timmy winning as much as I love the value of the line.

twtb19
    twtb19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by shady610 View Post
    Sylvia shouldnt be +200 against anybody not named fedor. Monson may not be Nogs grappling level but slyvia beat him on the ground. I dont worry about skill as much as I do match up.

I have seen nog in PRIDE and yes he is impressive. But I said the same thing about Rua and he was beat by forrest. And forrest was +385 at the time.

I dont know how confident i am in Timmy winning as much as I love the value of the line.
    I see your points and a lot of the PRIDE fighters have struggled in the UFC, especially some of the top guys like Shogun. When I look at this fight I see it more like Mir vs Sylvia than Monson vs Sylvia, the reason being Nogueira goes for many more subs while Monson uses jui jitsu to position himself. He wins in adcc because he is strong and takes people down and wins on points. I think Nogueira will welcome anything on the ground and will snap his arm if he doesn't tap.