Jamie_UK
    Jamie_UK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will Hatton KO Mayweather or win by points?

I think a points win is most likely , although I would love to see Hatton put the Yank on his arse.

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

It very well could be one of those 12 second fights where there are 2 hits. Mayweather hitting hatton and hatton hitting the floor. If the revolutionary war is any indication is should be a blow out from start to finish with the american taking charge and not relinquishing the momentum until the other fighter simply quits.

Mayweather is roughly 4 times quicker with his hands and feet, and probably twice as powerful.

Jamie_UK

Boxing legend Bernard Hopkins has tipped Ricky Hatton to defeat Floyd Mayweather in Las Vegas this weekend.

Hopkins said he expected Hatton to "out-hustle Mayweather to a 12-round unanimous decision" in the early hours of Sunday morning, UK time.

"I see something in Hatton, I think he's the more focused fighter," Philadelphian Hopkins told BBC Sport.

"Hatton is going to throw more punches than Mayweather ever did. The busier, more aggressive fighter, will win."

Hopkins added the 30-year-old Mayweather, who will be defending his WBC welterweight belt, might be under-estimating his opponent.

"I don't believe Floyd thinks Ricky has what Oscar de la Hoya had or Zab Judah had," said the 42-year-old Hopkins, now campaigning at light-heavyweight.

Mayweather has bad mitts, and when you have bad mitts, you're always thinking, 'if I punch this guy, I've got to go eight more rounds with a sore hand'

Bernard Hopkins

"But what Ricky has that neither of those fighters had is constant energy, punching and pressure - and he's got good whiskers.

"Ricky is willing to be a slugger, but to throw punches in bunches, and that's rare in boxing today, and that's a dangerous guy because you can't keep him off you.

"That will be the difference in this fight. There will be some exciting moments early on, but at the end of the day, Ricky Hatton out-hustles Floyd Mayweather to a 12-round unanimous decision."

Hopkins also suggested that Hatton, also 30, might be the hungrier of the two and that Mayweather, a world champion at five-different weights, could be battling complacency.

"Floyd is considered to be the best fighter in the world, and I echo that. We all know he can fight. But can he still fight like a hungry man?" said Hopkins.

"Because I'm telling you, when that fire's not lit, you can't train the same, you go through the motions, you can't think the same, spiritually you're not the same.

"Who's going to be able to suck it up, forget about all the medals they've won, all the belts, all the pound-for-pound accolades and the 'zeros' on their records? That's going to be the biggest factor on Saturday night."

Mayweather has complained of fragile hands in the lead-up to the fight, and Hopkins said they could also play a big part in the outcome.

"Mayweather is a slightly bigger puncher, but he has bad mitts, and when you have bad mitts, you're always thinking, 'if I punch this guy, I've got to go eight more rounds with a sore hand'.

"Ricky Hatton throws so many punches, Floyd can't afford to hurt any knuckles on his hand."

Former light-welterweight king Hatton goes into the bout, billed 'Undefeated', with a 43-fight unbeaten record, while Mayweather is unbeaten in 38 professional contests.

The fight is expected to start about 0400 GMT, although it depends on the length of the fights on the undercard.

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Yea Hatton is such a bigger puncher and everything that he is over a 2 to 1 underdog in the fight. Yea he is the clear favorite.

You have to factor in that the brit has probaly fought against other brits and that makes for soft competition. This is big boy leagues now.

Jamie_UK

lol , your boys going down.

old threads
    old threads's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie_UK View Post
    lol , your boys going down.
    That is a phrase that Jamie_Yuk is accustomed to hearing I would bet.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Funny thread.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I took Mayweather Jr by decision. I think he could probably earn a TKO victory if he wanted to, but I think he'll be conservative and just consistently out-box Hatton. What has me worried is knowing this is a Golden Boy promotion, unless Mayweather clearly wins 9/12 rounds I smell a split decision victory. If Oscar has a hand in this he may want to make a rematch out of this. Hopefully there's no BS factor involved and Mayweather Jr. clearly wins the unanimous decision.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Mayweather is going to knock him out, This is like the great white hype.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Not happening, Jamie. At least you guys still have football. Oh, wait, you guys couldn't even qualify for Euro '08.

Jamie_UK

already booked the Hatton victory party, its like buying money.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

already booked the Hatton victory party, its like buying money.
    it is going to be a sad party

Jamie_UK

BBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM

Pretty boy on his arse.

Back sunday to show you all how crap you are.

SBR Lou

I am not worried about an upset, I am most worried of how quickly that short fatty from England will cut. He better last the whole fight or I will seriously be pissed, if he's so tough it shouldn't be a problem!

Jamie_UK

Mayweather's hands are **** ed , its a 12 round points win for Hatton

Travis
    Travis's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hatton can win by KO only, I just don't see him outboxing Mayweather.

pico
    USC ml

Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    Hatton can win by KO only, I just don't see him outboxing Mayweather.
    that is correct. either hatton KO mayweather, or mayweather win by decision.

Jamie_UK

bollox

Diamondgeezer
    Diamondgeezer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post
    Yea Hatton is such a bigger puncher and everything that he is over a 2 to 1 underdog in the fight. Yea he is the clear favorite.

You have to factor in that the brit has probaly fought against other brits and that makes for soft competition. This is big boy leagues now.

If only that were true and I could get the 2/1. Hatton's odds are falling faster than the leaves off the trees. And now he has won the stareout I think he will be around 2.6 come fight time. It looks a lot more like smart money than punting money to me. And money talks.

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!
    Shark79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post
    It very well could be one of those 12 second fights where there are 2 hits. Mayweather hitting hatton and hatton hitting the floor. If the revolutionary war is any indication is should be a blow out from start to finish with the american taking charge and not relinquishing the momentum until the other fighter simply quits.

Mayweather is roughly 4 times quicker with his hands and feet, and probably twice as powerful.
    LMAO

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

I'm cheering for Hatton because I really don't like the Pretty Boy and his bling. Like I said in one other thread even if I don't bet this fight I want to see it. Unfortunately I'm not blinded by the fact that Hatton is facing by far his toughest opponent yet. I wish him luck, because I think he's going to need it.

Jamie_UK

First time I have seen something cheaper in the UK,

Hatton v T0sser PPV
    HBO $54.95
    Sky £14.95

Must be some sort of mistake

SBR Lou

Have to pay an extra $10 to get the HD broadcast in US. So really $64.95

vanman
    vanman's Avatar Become A Pro!

6000 hatton fans have turned up for weigh in 000`s more expected for the fight itself,it`ll be just like fighting at home for hatton.

SBR Lou

All you Hatton supporters, and I'm not saying you don't have valid points, I just simply disagree, how long do you realistically see the fight lasting?

I personally think it will go the distance. You don't get to be in Floyd's position with a glass chin, and he is a master defensively and the quickest boxer alive (we can all agree on his quickness), so I don't think he'll honestly take enough damage to not be able to continue. Conversely, I don't think he'll be so aggressive as to press Ricky all night trying to really hurt him, I think he'll out-box him and win on points pretty decisively.

pico
    USC ml

First time I have seen something cheaper in the UK,

Hatton v T0sser PPV
    HBO $54.95
    Sky £14.95

Must be some sort of mistake
    there is no tv tax in the states. that could explain the price difference.

vanman
    vanman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    All you Hatton supporters, and I'm not saying you don't have valid points, I just simply disagree, how long do you realistically see the fight lasting?

I personally think it will go the distance. You don't get to be in Floyd's position with a glass chin, and he is a master defensively and the quickest boxer alive (we can all agree on his quickness), so I don't think he'll honestly take enough damage to not be able to continue. Conversely, I don't think he'll be so aggressive as to press Ricky all night trying to really hurt him, I think he'll out-box him and win on points pretty decisively.
    We all think were right in our assumptions of how the fight will pan out.But i will say also they are both great fighters who IMO have proved themselves to be the best two fighters in their division.Every american keeps going on about hatton not having the natural power for this weight,neither has mayweather he`s a blown up featherweight so that will not cost either fighter winning.This fight is going to be a classic that either fighter can win.I personally think hatton will win,the only thing that can stop him is cuts.

Jamie_UK

Are you there, Ricky Hatton?
    Can you hear me, Ricky Hatton?
    A beautiful sight
    We're happy tonight
    Walking with the Ricky Hatton man

Jamie_UK

pico
    USC ml

Sat 12/8 101 Floyd Mayweather Jr -200 Over 11½ -250
    11:00PM (EST) 102 Ricky Hatton +170 Under 11½ +210
    Sat 12/8 103 Mayweather Jr/Hatton goes distance -220
    11:00PM (EST) 104 Fight won't go distance +180

30 cents difference for the last 1:30 minutes. does that make sense to you guys?