playa420
    playa420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rampage +105

Rampage +105: First off, I cant believe how ****ing soft this line is, rampage should be at least -200 and now the books have him as a dog.Rampage is pound for pound one of the best fighters in the world. He has vicious KO power and good wrestling. Rampage has faced and beaten some of the best competition in the world.Evans on the other hand is a fake ass fighter who hasnt done shit in the ufc.In his first title defense he got KTFO and in his last fight he got rocked late and wasnt very impressive.Rashad isnt on Rampages level, and hes getting knocked CLEAN OUT!!!!

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Collecting
    Collecting's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 609

Everyone's concerned with the time that Rampage has taken off, and been out of the ring... Hes never really been a workout champ, + with the time off we'll see how he handles it.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Either Quittin or Rashad at better than evens is only worth betting on...otherwise ther's no point...might as well go for red on roulette (no racism intended)!

playa420

Quote Originally Posted by Collecting View Post
    Everyone's concerned with the time that Rampage has taken off, and been out of the ring... Hes never really been a workout champ, + with the time off we'll see how he handles it.

At this point in Rampages career with almost 40 fights and over 10 years in the game, some time off will be a good thing for him. If he was coming off a layoff due to an injury id be alot more worried.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

Loved this at -120 if I can get +105 I would be even more excited

Cappy
    Cappy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 880

I love rampage, but I don't know, I don't think that you can say that he should be -200

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

close fight but i'm leaning with Rashad, I don't think Rampage wants to fight anymore. Looked bad against Forrest, was fortunate Wandy stood in the pocket and traded with him (rashad will move). His last fight was over a year ago a unimpressive win over Jardine who seems to get ko'd by everyone

vassman86
    vassman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I'm a big Rashad fan, but I think Rampage's experience will prove to be the difference.

westerner
    westerner's Avatar Become A Pro!

the bookies know whats up, and with all the Rampage retards out there they should be making a lot of coin with that line. I don't think this fight is that competitive, Rashad takes it as he can control the fight standing or grappling.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

so how much are you betting on rashad then westerner?

lol rashad can take it standing or grappling, that is just dumb to say, especially with him going against rampage. Rashad is not a striker. If you think he is, i suggest you rewatch his fights, especially the one with chuck, since chuck WON the first round. Then, of course, there is thiago. A guy who had a injured spine and rashad still did not stand a chance on the feet. And barely could hold thiago down.
    Last edited by brooks85; 05-24-10 at 04:54 PM.

playa420

Quote Originally Posted by westerner View Post
    the bookies know whats up, and with all the Rampage retards out there they should be making a lot of coin with that line. I don't think this fight is that competitive, Rashad takes it as he can control the fight standing or grappling.
    Rashad cant control shit, Rampage is gonna be able to stop his takedowns and expose his weak ass chin. This is just a tune up fight for rampage before he gets a shot at the title.

westerner
    westerner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by playa420 View Post
    Rashad cant control shit, Rampage is gonna be able to stop his takedowns and expose his weak ass chin. This is just a tune up fight for rampage before he gets a shot at the title.
    Rashad didn't try to takedown Chuck and that worked out fine. He also ate a few clean power right hands and left hooks from Chuck and he was fine. It took the best striker 2 flurries in a row to KO Rashad while he was already off balance. So no, saying Rashad has a weak chin is pretty much a discrediting of yourself. Rampage is strong but he is not fast, and he is not technical nor does he have as many tools as Rashad.

Want to see what happens when a guy with more tools (like Rashad) fights a guy with less but more refined tools (Rampage)? Watch Shogun KO Machida. That KO was a direct result of the fact Machida had to gameplan for way more things than Shogun did. This fight is gonna be similar, Rashad has too many tools, and also Rampage is with a crappy gym.

I'm not even a Rashad fan I just know that Rampage is a douche, he was a primadonna when he was staying in my city, being a douche to my friend on set, and he's a guy who has a history of quitting in fights and on his trainers. He has no class. Regardless of what I think its Rashad's fight to lose in reality and I don't see him losing it.

playa420

Quote Originally Posted by westerner View Post
    Rashad didn't try to takedown Chuck and that worked out fine. He also ate a few clean power right hands and left hooks from Chuck and he was fine. It took the best striker 2 flurries in a row to KO Rashad while he was already off balance. So no, saying Rashad has a weak chin is pretty much a discrediting of yourself. Rampage is strong but he is not fast, and he is not technical nor does he have as many tools as Rashad.

Want to see what happens when a guy with more tools (like Rashad) fights a guy with less but more refined tools (Rampage)? Watch Shogun KO Machida. That KO was a direct result of the fact Machida had to gameplan for way more things than Shogun did. This fight is gonna be similar, Rashad has too many tools, and also Rampage is with a crappy gym.

I'm not even a Rashad fan I just know that Rampage is a douche, he was a primadonna when he was staying in my city, being a douche to my friend on set, and he's a guy who has a history of quitting in fights and on his trainers. He has no class. Regardless of what I think its Rashad's fight to lose in reality and I don't see him losing it.
    Machida is a good striker,but hes not exactly known for having KO punching power. In rashads last fight he got got rocked by a shot from silva, but silva was injured and couldnt defend the takedown.Your machida/ shogun analogy doesnt make any sense, machida had just as many tools as shogun and even got a couple of takedowns before getting caught.Rampage has just as many tools as Rashad. Rashad has the better wretling,but rampage has the better boxing.Rampage can defend the takedown and go for the KO or get some takedowns of his own and do some ground and pound.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Playa, i wouldn't pay much attention to westerner. This is the same guy who said Rashad Evans was quicker and more athletic then Jon Jones.

(here comes the part where westerner reads this post and replies by going off about how he can't believe i said Jon Jones is a better fighter then Rashad Evans and Rashad would kick his ass, even though i didn't say anything like that)

sundin4prez
    sundin4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!

all things aside like rampages layoff etc. i love rashad in this match.... i dont know why he doesent get much love either be the loss to machida, getting wobbled by silva or he general attitude but rashad is a very game fighter.... i can see rashad getting the best of the exchanges on the feet and i can see him taking rampage down a couple times later in the fight...

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

With everything to consider I think this is a no play. Takedowns, chin, time off, and one thing I think everyone is overlooking... the emotion that is going into this fight. Who can keep their emotions in check to fight a smart fight. Who knows, they may just run at each other and just have an all out brawl.

solepride
    solepride's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rampage takes this one

dooman14
    dooman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

fight fight fight

36mafia
    36mafia's Avatar Become A Pro!

deja vu.

suggested laying $$ on suga rashad when he was a dog @ +135 a few months back
    nothins changed except theres no value on either line now

Tree Rollins

My prediction- Rashad tries to stick and move and does a lot of circling and staying away early. He'll probably try a couple takedowns early, if he gets stuffed he'll spend most of the fight running and dancing like a pussy, hoping that Rampage gets tired and he can take him down in the later rounds and lay on him until the fight's over.

Tree Rollins

Rashad strategy = take rampage down and don't pass his guard.

36mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    Playa, i wouldn't pay much attention to westerner. This is the same guy who said Rashad Evans was quicker and more athletic then Jon Jones.

(here comes the part where westerner reads this post and replies by going off about how he can't believe i said Jon Jones is a better fighter then Rashad Evans and Rashad would kick his ass, even though i didn't say anything like that)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    My prediction- Rashad tries to stick and move and does a lot of circling and staying away early. He'll probably try a couple takedowns early, if he gets stuffed he'll spend most of the fight running and dancing like a pussy, hoping that Rampage gets tired and he can take him down in the later rounds and lay on him until the fight's over.

solid fight/fighter breakdown and analysis
    gameplan actually sounds like a winner..

suga rashad by sub +948 @5dimes
    ya heard it here first folks

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6148

can't get a read on this... but I hope rampage runs through this little beotch.

36mafia

all my hopes and dreams for a fighter i will never know on a personal level go out the window when theres money to be made

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6148

Quote Originally Posted by 36mafia View Post
    all my hopes and dreams for a fighter i will never know on a personal level go out the window when theres money to be made
    yea I want rampage to win so I am staying away from this fight altogether.

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    With everything to consider I think this is a no play. Takedowns, chin, time off, and one thing I think everyone is overlooking... the emotion that is going into this fight. Who can keep their emotions in check to fight a smart fight. Who knows, they may just run at each other and just have an all out brawl.
    exactly--stay away from this fight. way too much emotion to know who will handle it better. also rampages time off (does it hurt or help?) too many vaiables for me ...just my 2 cents

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Rampage will win. I GUARANTEE IT

36mafia

Quote Originally Posted by JuicedUp View Post
    yea I want rampage to win so I am staying away from this fight altogether.
    same with my local teams: cowboys, mavs, rangers, stars. when im on them they never show up, when its a no play they pull it off and cover

bittersweet

36mafia

Quote Originally Posted by stefan084 View Post
    exactly--stay away from this fight. way too much emotion to know who will handle it better. also rampages time off (does it hurt or help?) too many vaiables for me ...just my 2 cents
    the emotional aspect is something ive been thinking about for quite some time. believe rampage said it best when he categorized rashad as an athlete instead of a fighter, and that suits him. he knows how to handle himself, stick to the gameplan, and lets not forget rashad was a former juco national champ and d1 wrestler. competing in amateur wrestling at one of the highest stages of the game you have to know when's the right and wrong time to let your emotions get to you.

regardless of how retarded trees post was, he actually had a point. rashad is a counter fighter. he's going to be patient. he's going to move in and out. he's going to circle, bob, and weave. and most likely hes going to pinch his nipples and dance around to provoke rampage and get him out of his game.

rampage, i like the dude, but he got into a car chase after he lost the belt, and more recently he broke the door of TUF

Collecting
    Collecting's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 609

Im thinking the best bet on this fight is into a case of beer, and just sitting back and watching it. Dont really see alot of value on either side as it really could go either way.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33414

Where did you see +105? I did a lot of looking and couldn't find better than +100.

cky312
    cky312's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Where did you see +105? I did a lot of looking and couldn't find better than +100.
    You missed it, Bookmaker had Quinton at +105 on I think Saturday or Sunday

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

I'd love to see it at +105, not sure i will...

playa420

It was +105 at bookmaker yesterday, you can still find him at even or -105, which is still a really sweet deal

123 Last