ddream1
    ddream1's Avatar Become A Pro!

ufc 113 picks

took a beating last mma event(wec).
    ytd: 30W-20L +$392.00

machida -175 $25
    doesn't really matter who won last fight, neither really did much of anything to establish control. this time around i see machida having more weapons on offence and defence as he was able to see what shogun can bring. at no point was machida ever really in a KO danger and the ground was non-existent. machida can only be better this time around stocked with 25minutes of tape after eating a bit of humble pie. look for another 5 round dance with machida utlizing a whole different plan.

koscheck(-230) vs. daley opinion
    i will admit i banked daley early at +260 seeing a possible KO with kos always being open and sloppy on his feet. as the days went buy i was able to hedge out and will stick with that. however bottomline is koscheck has skills to be a force in this division, he isn't a gate keeper in my opinion BUT he needs to stop this striking crap and just start hitting fast and hard and then BANG TAKEDOWNS. kos has great takedowns, great top control and great ground and pound. he has nothing to prove anymore, he has improved his striking and he needs to just start dominating with his strengths. for me this fight goes down, kos will play smart and be effective. daley has no really answers and his conditioning is nothing and i mean nothing like koschecks. this fight ends later than sooner with koscheck wrapping daley up in a rear naked choke.

sam stout(-185) $100
    i like this matchup for stout. j.stephens is a strong young hungry fighter who has big punches and little technique. stout should be able to weather the early wild strikes and pick stephens apart with his slick combos and new found leg kicks. i love how he sets up the high kick with his hands and footwork. stout has a solid chin should stephens land some bomns and stout can take this down aswell if need be. in the clinch stout has great skills, this fight really is stouts to lose. only way is one lucky wild upper cut or hook. stout takes this home.

marcus davis(-450) vs jonathon goulet opinion
    hometown hero gets a chance to make the french crowd pop with a victory against dacis who is coming off some big time defeats(hardy and saunders). goulet will want to grind and clinch, get it dwon and work some ground attacks. davis will want to knock goulet to ireland. bottomline goulet gets mashed, he always does against strong strikers. davis is aging but is still very proud, all he needs to do is box and box. use smart footwork, scramble and he will be fine. not a bad parlay option.

alan belcher vs. patrick cote no play-opinion
    only fighter more popular than cote in montreal is GSP. cote is coming off a long recovery to his blown knee against anderson silva. if all is well and he has no ring rust he wins this fight but barely. belcher uses the ring well, has great muay thai and works the clinch well. all things cote does well. however cote has power and his takedowns are better. i like his camp and trainers and just think belcher has a better chance here seeing as we have no way to judge cote after his recovery. its a pass for some note taking.

j.hendricks(-440) parlayed with t.lawlor $50 to win $24
    hendricks is slowly becoming a solid ufc contender with his grwoing improvement and wrestling dominance. as most of u know i tend to favour wrestlers and usually always pull the trigger when they fight guys with only striking or bjj skills. i nthis fight grant is a bit well rounded for my liking but i feel just doesn't have the ability to control or neutralize hendricks for an entire fight. grant is dangerous off his back when he has openings but i think JH is just to strong and smart to give that opening.

matt mitrione(+110) $25
    i didn't like what i saw from kimbo against houston alexander. kimbo was moving but he wasn't really moving. he was just basically circling. he made no real attempt to cut the ring off and use angles. he just circles and cirlces and then when he throws he is completely flat footed. i remember the whole entire fight screaming at the TV to houston about throwing leg kicks and jumping in and out. mitrione will throw leg kicks that will chop kimbo off at the knee, and his reach and strong straight strikes should land at will. i see kimbo getting peppered here, and when he does he will not be able to move forward without getting killed. mitrione will gladly cirlce beating kimbo to the punch over and over again. only fear is cardio, i think they both gas and i worry if kimbo is still standing his heart will be bigger than matt's.

y.yoshida(-255) vs. mike guymon opinion
    well u know i like wrestlers, and on the flip i hate japanese fighters. they all suck to me when they come to the ufc. they all do one thing great but nver much else. there striking is always questionable to me. yoshida is a great looking fighter with what appears to be a solid foundation of striking, submissions and wrestling. however after seeing him get destroy by kos and johnson i learned he cannot rely on his striking when he fears he is out matched on the ground. against guymon i feel yoshida will have the confidence to let his hands go. he has the striking advantage and guymon isn't ko ing anyone in the ufc anytime soon so lets finally see what this japanese fighter really has.

tom lawlor(-485) $50 to win $24 parlay with j.hendricks
    lawlor gets replacement canadian and ufc veteran doerksen in a fight that he should win easily with just being smart. the real only threat is lawlor being careless on top and getting caught by the savvy veteran. i just don't think it gets there. joe will simply get rocked on his feet, and should he survive and maybe at some point pull guard lawlor will just pound him to a victory. this is a mis match.

tim hague(-216) $25
    beltran stepped in and received a gift against gracie last time out. this time he will have to go to war and fight a perfect fight to beat hague. hague is a rough and tough giant canadian with very little skill, he relies on size and keeping fights close to him where he can control the pace. beltran is a decent striker with average power and will need to fight much like a boxer to avoid being smothered. hague knows what he has with his size and beltran will be in tough doing anything but striking. look for hague to close the distance and grind beltran down.

j.salter (+146) vs. j.macdonald opinion
    canadian j.macdonald makes his comeback to the ufc on short notice against a very strong up and comer salter. i see salter as a similar fighter to j-mac down the road but with better wrestling and more power. with salter lacking in submissions and with me believing salter will get this down before j-mac does i only worry about his sub defence as mac is very good. macdonald is a good all around fighter who has fought some incredibly tough fighters. on paper j-mac wins a tough close fight but its to close for me as i think the power and youth will make up on the experience. this is a pure value play for anyone looking for a dog.

bol guys

dd11
    **excuse any grammar or spelling, never my strong point**

need4speed
    need4speed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Machida as a -185 favorite is just too good to pass up. He is coming off of hand surgery and we all know what happened to Rich Franklin after a similar problem. Machida should beat Rua to the punch and I believe Machida's great camp should be the difference here. There is alot of value in underdogs in MMA, but here all the value points to the Machida.

Stay away for me on the rest of the card, except a little money might be warranted on Mitrone. He has alot of skills and athleticism, but his mind would make me hesitate.

Good Luck all.

need4speed
    need4speed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Machida as a -185 favorite is just too good to pass up. He is coming off of hand surgery and we all know what happened to Rich Franklin after a similar problem. Machida should beat Rua to the punch and I believe Machida's great camp should be the difference here. There is alot of value in underdogs in MMA, but here all the value points to the Dragon.

Stay away for me on the rest of the card, except a little money might be warranted on Mitrone. He has alot of skills and athleticism, but his mind would make me hesitate. I just believe him to be superior at nearly all aspects of the fight game to the SLICE man.

Good Luck all.

Shane
    Shane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Nice write-ups. Best of luck.

westerner
    westerner's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys are nuts if you think Machida will be better just because he lost most of the last fight, and increasingly towards the end. Shogun showed strategic superiority, and he the fact is he has both more power in his strikes and more effective strikes in more ranges. Also, although Machida is very strong in the clinch and with jj, Shogun is better. He can only get better in this fight, it will be an extension of the last one with Shogun landing more powerful kicks, but this time he will have to defend more takedowns and will also probably push the pace more on Machida earlier in the fight.

BTW I got Shogun by decision, but thats not that manly. I could be a real man and say sub round 4 as its totally possible Machida gets desperate late and creates a scramble he gets tapped in.

JohnnyD4916
    JohnnyD4916's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 731

Good Luck with your picks

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Quote Originally Posted by westerner View Post
    BTW I got Shogun by decision, but thats not that manly. I could be a real man and say sub round 4 as its totally possible Machida gets desperate late and creates a scramble he gets tapped in.
    I wasn't aware of this negative correlation between your manliness and the likelihood of your prediction. I'm going with Machida via cartwheel kick KO in the 5th.

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6172

Nice picks, I love Stout here.

ddream1
    ddream1's Avatar Become A Pro!

thx guys

as for machida i believe his skill set will allow him to be more agressive for a win, and defence is already there its a matter of being able to join them effectively. i thought sho-gun fought a perfect fight as for planning, what will he do now, should be a great fight

smarmy
    SBR Lurker
    smarmy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 274

on Rua so bol to all.