tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Quote Originally Posted by tokio View Post
    aldo is gonna WRECK faber.
    And I'll say it again, Aldo is a beast. i dont know why anyone even considered for a second that faber had a chance.

Eccocide
    2010 MMA Results: +69.3225 units
    Eccocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Looks like the early numbers for the PPV are proving to be very successful.

http://www.heavy.com/mma/mma-news/20...aldo-vs-faber/

"According to sources in the cable industry, early estimates indicate that the show did between 150,000 and 200,000 buys on pay per view, a number that has to be considered a resounding success internally. Bryan Alvarez has the same report in today’s Figure Four Weekly (subscription only).
    The success of the card makes it likely that we’ll see more WEC pay per view events in the future, even if they aren’t specifically WEC-branded."

cky312
    cky312's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wonder if they can keep up this business model though, loading up heavy on the PPV cards and leaving the non-ppv events something to be desired. So something like a Strikeforce / Strikeforce Challengers kind of deal? Unless UFC comes into play I'm actually not a fan, since I've always been watching WEC and they were FREE back then!

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by cky312 View Post
    I wonder if they can keep up this business model though, loading up heavy on the PPV cards and leaving the non-ppv events something to be desired. So something like a Strikeforce / Strikeforce Challengers kind of deal? Unless UFC comes into play I'm actually not a fan, since I've always been watching WEC and they were FREE back then!

This is true. They did essentially blow their entire roster's wad with that event save for Bowles, Benavidez and Torres... Coming back with a Varner headlined event is a bit of a let down. (Though I am interested in the Grispi v Davis bout)

I mean, I'll still be interested in their events of course. But the casual fan may not unless its another studded lineup like that.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by Eccocide View Post
    Looks like the early numbers for the PPV are proving to be very successful.

http://www.heavy.com/mma/mma-news/20...aldo-vs-faber/

"According to sources in the cable industry, early estimates indicate that the show did between 150,000 and 200,000 buys on pay per view, a number that has to be considered a resounding success internally. Bryan Alvarez has the same report in today’s Figure Four Weekly (subscription only).
    The success of the card makes it likely that we’ll see more WEC pay per view events in the future, even if they aren’t specifically WEC-branded."
    nice, i heard that Dana White was hoping to do double what Jones/Hopkins did, wich at the time he thought was 90K, but more recent esitmates are it did around 130K in PPV buys, So if WEC did over 150K i guess it is a success

First ... 2345