Eccocide
    2010 MMA Results: +69.3225 units
    Eccocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    well since ufc 60 there have only been 5 UFC's under 300K PPV buys, and 4 of the 5 were overseas where the time difference really cut into some PPV buys

So if a WEC event with its top stars, promtoed like a UFC PPV can't do more than 100K buys no doubt it will be i failure IMO
    I think ur way off here lock. 200 buys would be a massive success. Dana has stated they are hoping for 125-150k. U can't compare the 2. Two totally different animals. Brand power is everything. Wec Is new to a lot of ppl and not many have been exposed to it because it's on versus with little promotion and marketing outside the channel. U have to build up a fan base for it. UFC Is hoping their hardcore fans who purchase every ufc are willing to pay for a relatively unknown commodity. Anything over 100k will be acceptable to them as Dana has mentioned. And it's sad because ppl will actually getting their moneys worth with this card

tabletop3
    tabletop3's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big value in Faber here, really hope he pulls this one out.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Quote Originally Posted by Eccocide View Post
    I think ur way off here lock. 200 buys would be a massive success. Dana has stated they are hoping for 125-150k. U can't compare the 2. Two totally different animals. Brand power is everything. Wec Is new to a lot of ppl and not many have been exposed to it because it's on versus with little promotion and marketing outside the channel. U have to build up a fan base for it. UFC Is hoping their hardcore fans who purchase every ufc are willing to pay for a relatively unknown commodity. Anything over 100k will be acceptable to them as Dana has mentioned. And it's sad because ppl will actually getting their moneys worth with this card
    I don't know if i'm WAY off, you quoted my post where i said "So if a WEC event with its top stars, promtoed like a UFC PPV can't do more than 100K buys no doubt it will be i failure IMO" So if they expect 125-150 than getting under 100K is considered a failure

Facepunch
    Facepunch's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have not paid for a ppv for years.

Do people not know how to stream fights on the interweb.

NOLA42
    cal -3
    NOLA42's Avatar Become A Pro!

this ppv will get atleast 150K-200K buys I think

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by tabletop3 View Post
    Big value in Faber here, really hope he pulls this one out.
    My first reaction was that Aldo would smash Faber based on his technical ability and Faber's reckless style...

But if Faber utilizes his wrestling base and keeps his hands up, I do think there is value with him -- we've seen all the wrestling dominating fights lately. Not necessarily "fun", but effective. But will Faber be more interested in putting on an exciting fight for the WEC ppv debut, or in executing a gameplan??? (Or will it matter against Aldo???)

Hmmmm.

Eccocide

I don't know if i'm WAY off, you quoted my post where i said "So if a WEC event with its top stars, promtoed like a UFC PPV can't do more than 100K buys no doubt it will be i failure IMO" So if they expect 125-150 than getting under 100K is considered a failure
    Sorry, I meant more in turns of comparing it to even the weakest UFC cards. They have built in buyers that purchase no matter whose on the card. Thats where I was going with it lol.

syn^
    syn^'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

This is a GODLY card for WEC fans and a damn good card for any mma fan. Aldo should have no problem with Faber, his striking ability is on another level and will completely defuse fabers unorthodox striking. The only way I can see Faber winning is by out pointing Aldo but I don't think Aldo has any intentions going past round 3. Cerrone should finish henderson this time around. And wow so much value on manny... they are built pretty similar. Mike browns wrestling is on another level but I could see manny catching brown off guard with some power shots. If manny can tag brown I think he has a good chance to finish the fight.

knownone
    knownone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Facepunch View Post
    Have not paid for a ppv for years.

Do people not know how to stream fights on the interweb.
    It's kind of hard to get 15 or so people to come over to watch a stream... in fact people tend to complain if it's not HD!

RobbReport
    RobbReport's Avatar Become A Pro!

great card

Lion4Life
    Lion4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like Aldo in this one, great line up.

RobbReport

countdown tonight 4pm versus 7pm mtv2 12am spike.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

THE_LOCKSMITH

Quote Originally Posted by RobbReport View Post
    nice a countdown, they are going all out to promote this plus Goldberg and Rogan calling the fights it will probably feel exactly like a UFC PPV

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Cant believe how big favourites Jorgensen and Pettis are! I was expecting Jorgensen to be evens or -150 not -250! And Pettis -625 is mental...was expecting -300 max! Seriously messed up my proposed plays.

Educ8d Degener8

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Cant believe how big favourites Jorgensen and Pettis are! I was expecting Jorgensen to be evens or -150 not -250! And Pettis -625 is mental...was expecting -300 max! Seriously messed up my proposed plays.
    Yeah, when i saw the Pettis line, I

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

you guys really expected -300?? that's insane!! Alex is one of the biggest scrubs in the wec against arguably a top 3 striker

I keep hearing good things about Demetrious but can't find a single fight of his
    Last edited by illmatick; 04-21-10 at 05:55 PM.

bluefish
    Update your status
    bluefish's Avatar Become A Pro!

should be good

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

lot of big favorites but the fights should be good.

Educ8d Degener8

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    you guys really expected -300?? that's insane!! Alex is one of the biggest scrubs in the wec against arguably a top 3 striker

I keep hearing good things about Demetrious but can't find a single fight of his
    Don't get me wrong, I really like what I have seen from Pettis and think he's a good prospect, but -700 territory is a bit steep for my liking...

clarkd32
    clarkd32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

liking henderson at even money

playa420
    playa420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Should be a good card.Im really liking Anthony Njokuani +110, hes got some world class striking and should be able to get the KO. If the Aldo lines goes below -300 ill make a play on him as well.

cky312
    cky312's Avatar Become A Pro!

The countdown was definitely a notch below the production qualities of UFC primetime shows, not to mention HBO boxing 24/7's. But good for WEC for putting some sort of promotion up for this monumental card.

RobbReport

i hope this second benderson/cerrone fight is another epic battle.

THE_LOCKSMITH

Posted this before butlets see if the trend continues
    6 of the last 7 WEC cards, the underdog in the main event has won the fight

WEC 47
    Brian Bowles -295
    Dominick Cruz +235

Joseph Benavidez +300
    Miguel Torres - 450

WEC46
    Ben Henderson +120
    Jamie Varner -150

WEC 44
    Mike Brown -135
    Jose Aldo +105

WEC 43
    Donald Cerrone -345
    Ben Henderson +275

WEC 42
    Brian Bowels +335
    Miguel Torres -435

WEC 41
    Mike Brown -110
    Urijah Faber -120

ufcmma36
    ufcmma36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 787

WEC 47
    Brian Bowles -295
    Dominick Cruz +235

Joseph Benavidez +300
    Miguel Torres - 450

WEC46
    Ben Henderson +120
    Jamie Varner -150

WEC 44
    Mike Brown -135
    Jose Aldo +105

WEC 43
    Donald Cerrone -345
    Ben Henderson +275

WEC 42
    Brian Bowels +335
    Miguel Torres -435

WEC 41
    Mike Brown -110
    Urijah Faber -120
    Nice stat! I would love to see Urijah pull it off

cky312
    cky312's Avatar Become A Pro!

My boy Jose will prove that stat wrong come Saturday

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

WEC 47
    Brian Bowles -295
    Dominick Cruz +235

Joseph Benavidez +300
    Miguel Torres - 450

WEC46
    Ben Henderson +120
    Jamie Varner -150

WEC 44
    Mike Brown -135
    Jose Aldo +105

WEC 43
    Donald Cerrone -345
    Ben Henderson +275

WEC 42
    Brian Bowels +335
    Miguel Torres -435

WEC 41
    Mike Brown -110
    Urijah Faber -120
    Indeed but Aldo was one of those underdogs!

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RobbReport View Post
    The countdown was awesome, cant wait for the fights.

tbird509
    tbird509's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3256

aldo will win in decession

illmatick
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by cky312 View Post
    The countdown was definitely a notch below the production qualities of UFC primetime shows, not to mention HBO boxing 24/7's. But good for WEC for putting some sort of promotion up for this monumental card.
    have to disagree, by far the best mma countdown show of the year so far imo
    Last edited by illmatick; 04-23-10 at 01:04 AM.

illmatick
    Update your status

how do you guys expect Jung to win this fight?? I know he has a kick boxing pedigree but his stand up seems way too sloppy imo, the guy was in very close fights against 7-6 omigawa and avg at best fighter Kanehara, not impressed with his take downs either, maybe he'll get one in the 3rd after Garcia gasses but still think Garcia will prove to be too tough to submit

seems most here are just looking to fade Garcia, in theory that seems like a good idea but I'm thinking he'll fight a much smarter fight with his back up against the wall, If fighting Roop to a draw doesn't motivate you for your next fight then I don't think anything would, seems like he's been training hard to help Cerrone get ready for his title fight

RobbReport

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    The countdown was awesome, cant wait for the fights.

hell yeah.

Eccocide

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    how do you guys expect Jung to win this fight?? I know he has a kick boxing pedigree but his stand up seems way too sloppy imo, the guy was in very close fights against 7-6 omigawa and avg at best fighter Kanehara, not impressed with his take downs either, maybe he'll get one in the 3rd after Garcia gasses but still think Garcia will prove to be too tough to submit

seems most here are just looking to fade Garcia, in theory that seems like a good idea but I'm thinking he'll fight a much smarter fight with his back up against the wall, If fighting Roop to a draw doesn't motivate you for your next fight then I don't think anything would, seems like he's been training hard to help Cerrone get ready for his title fight
    Garcia will gas before the 3rd. Jung's pace is very high and he mixes it up well. He uses all kinds of angles and Garcia's standup is extremely predictable. Jung's grappling is underrated and Garcia will expend a lot of energy on the defensive against it. I'm not fading Garcia based on his draw with Roop - I'm fading him based on his overrated skill set and the fact that he has looked bad in all 4 of his last fights. His only win is vs. Massouh and he didn't even win that fight IMO. Just don't see what upside Garcia has other than his power.

illmatick
    Update your status

at times he did show good footwork in his kick boxing matches, but too often I witnessed him just lunge in with a fury of wild punches, didn't do a good job at tucking his chin either, he was dropped a few times in one of his k-1 fights, certainly not trying to compare Garcia's striking to the k-1 level but I have a real hard time not seeing Garcia catching him on the way in, especially if he tries to come in with one of those flurries...... personally I don't think he's going to have that hard of a time defending Jung's grappling, I think he'll have a strength advantage and Manny had hell trying to get him down in their first round, the takedowns that Manny was able to get late in the fight were primarily due to how sloppy Garcia started to fight, I thought he could have easily won that fight but was more concerned with putting on a show for the fans.... I will say that those double legs that roop was able to get looked pretty pathetic on Garcia's part, but roop is huge for that weight and looked to be the stronger fighter that night

I might be thinking too hard for this one but I honestly feel Jung is going to get starched in the first round, I expect Garcia to be able to just eat Jung's punches and walk right through them

going to wait for the weigh-ins before I do anything stupid.....
    Last edited by illmatick; 04-23-10 at 12:54 AM.

First 12345 Last