wake14
    wake14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cris Arreola..

DOes anyone else like Azmak or whatever his name is in 2 weeks like I do????

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Tomasz Adamek -150
    Chris Arreola +110 (WillHill)

i was thinking of playing Adamek when they announced the fight but i can't believe he's the fav in this fight after his close win over Estrada in his 2nd fight at HW

1UP
    1UP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Adamek is the favorite here? That has to be an error.

Varker
    Varker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

I'm going with Arreola

rdo37
    rdo37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Adamek is moving up from cruiserweight for this fight and has a new trainer. I'll take Arreola fighting in front of his home crowd (Citizens Business Bank arena is 15 minutes from Arreola's hometown of Riverside, CA). I still think they want to turn Arreola into the big name, big fight American heavyweight that boxing needs. He's one of the first mexican-americans to have a heavyweight title shot and he's already a big fan favorite here in Southern California. If this fight is close and goes to the judges, they are most likely going to favor Arreola.

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9852

Adamek has a good resume on cruiserweight, at heavyweight destroyed a washed up Golota and had some problems beating Estrada, a fringe contender. Arrrola has beaten... hmmm... not many big names. Chazz Whitherspoon is a 2nd tier, maybe the most important name is Brian Minto, a fringe contender. In Arreola biggest fight (vs. Klitschko) he looked overweight and in poor shape. It is not a crime losing to Klitschko, the problem is his lack of commitment. It was funny that some has started to talk about Arreola - Klitschko as a reason to create a superheavyweight division, given Klitschko advantage in height and reach... problem is, Arreola weighted more than him. Duh.

About Arreola being Mexican, as some have tried to sell him here... well, he was born in USA, trains there, has never fought in Mexico... I doubt many Mexicans consider him a countryman.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33313

I think how fat Arreola is will come into play more here than in some of his previous fights. He has a significant height and reach advantage, but if he comes in out of shape he might get winded early and not be able to utilize his size advantage.

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines

So, if you like Arreola, wait until the weigh-in. If he comes in shape, you can take him... but if he comes over 250 lbs, I would pass.

1UP

Chris Arreola will never look to be in shape. He's probably at an Ihop right now.

Bottom line is, Arreola is the one with everything to lose. This is the biggest fight of his career now. Adamek is already a decorated fighter with several other outlets if he loses here.

No excuses for Chris. Both fighters styles match up well, and both are idiots who let lesser fighters tag them consistently. Difference being, one has a Heavyweight chin and the other doesn't. Adamek needs a prayer to win this. I don't care if Chris "rehydrates" at 280. If he cuts the ring off and presses early, he'll win 6+ rounds easily, with a good chance for a knockdown or two to widen the score.

Czu81
    Czu81's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5709

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    So, if you like Arreola, wait until the weigh-in. If he comes in shape, you can take him... but if he comes over 250 lbs, I would pass.
    agree. I give 50-50 chance to this fight, but I`m leaning to to mexican-american.

THE_LOCKSMITH

Chris Arreola weighed in at: 250.5 LBS.
    Tomasz Adamek weighed in at: 217 LBS.

THE_LOCKSMITH

more book releasing odds for this fight so if you like Adamek you can find him as a dog on some books

Bet365

Tomasz Adamek -105
    Chris Arreola -125

Czu81
    Czu81's Avatar SBR PRO

I bet on Adamek.... he is the better boxer. He will be smart and outbox the big fella.

OnkelChris
    OnkelChris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3243

imo best choice is the over 9.5.

THE_LOCKSMITH

Adamek +105 at BoDog

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines

Yes, lines way disperse. European books have Adamek as favorite, american ones have Arreola as fav. In my opinion, if the fight goes to the distance (big if), Adamek will win.

bruce_outside
    bruce_outside's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like arreola. he has the better chin, and the bigger punch. they both get hit cleanly but i feel arreola will hold up better.

THE_LOCKSMITH

Adamek takes the majority decision 114-114, 115-113, 117-111

close fight could have gone either way 117-111 was way off

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post

I didn't get to see the fight, but on the boxing forum I read everyone was saying that Adamek dominated the fight. People are calling 114-114 BS.

Whatever the case, Adamek looks like he's just jumped to the head of the line to face one of the Klitschkos. I'd love to see him win one of their belts.

THE_LOCKSMITH

Klitschko's will be way to big for him, Arreola kinda bullied him around in parts of the fight. Haye would be the best bet for a HW title fight for Adamek

1UP

He's not even close to a Klitschko fight. His resume needs Eddie Chambers/Povetkin and David Haye first. And David Haye has Wlad chasing him, so yeah...

I didn't really score the fight, but I may have had Adamek up 7 or 8 rounds. He controlled most of the fight, but I can see how people would think Chris offset some rounds. They were optical illusions though. He's done. If you can throw an effective jab, you'll destroy him.

Czu81
    Czu81's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post

YES! ADAMEK! what a weekend boxing wise (Froch-Kessler) Did not see the fight, can`t wait to watch, next week Mayweather vs Mosley!!!

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines

I scored it 116-112 for Adamek. In fact, if the fight could continue for a few more rounds, Arreola would be stopped.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by 1UP View Post
    He's not even close to a Klitschko fight. His resume needs Eddie Chambers/Povetkin and David Haye first. And David Haye has Wlad chasing him, so yeah...
    You mean kind of like how Kevin Johnson needed Devin Vargas on his resume. Or Albert Sosnowski needed a draw against Francesco Pianeta.

Adamek is probably the 2nd biggest money name for a Klitschko to fight after David Haye. Povetkin is highly unlikely to fight him anyway. Chambers probably would be willing, and Adamek may very well take another bout before fighting for a strap (even though he doesn't have to), but his resume is fine.

Czu81
    Czu81's Avatar SBR PRO

Despite this win I think Adamek need 1 or two match at heavyweight before the Klitschkos.

1UP

Well let's do the math.

Wlad, no. Vitali is likely retiring again. If he's fighting Sosnowski by CHOICE, then it should be obvious he's not desperate to fight Adamek. Nor will the WBC force him to.

Get real kid. He still has to beat Chambers, Povetkin, Valuev, or Haye.

Then on top of that, he probably has to wait for Vitali to take his mandatory and THEN hope he doesn't retire.

So yeah, Adamek does not have the resume, nor will he anytime soon. And the only "money fight" at Heavyweight would be Wlad and Vitali, so you can end that stupid theory. Imagine HBO charging for Adamek and Vitali.

lol
    Last edited by 1UP; 04-26-10 at 05:58 AM.

THE_LOCKSMITH

Adamek has the resume, former LHW and Crusierweight champion and now 3-0 against tp 20 HW's. They make this fight in Germany where Klitschko's are big and neighbouring Poland, this is a easy money fight.

1UP

That's the resume? A LHW campaign where he beat no one of significance, took over Cruiser after Haye left, and has beaten Chris Arreola and a washed up Golota?

You're blurring the lines between a career prize fight, and a fight that would sell because so and so is involved. No shit that it would sell out over there. Any Klitschko fight does, why do you think he rarely fights in the States? Because they offer the most money overseas to host any of his shitty fights, regardless of who he cherry picked.

A "big money" Heavyweight fight would be the Klitchko's, Lennox Lewis, and David Haye. Any combination of those four. In any corner of the world. That's it.

THE_LOCKSMITH

A "big money" Heavyweight fight would be the Klitchko's, Lennox Lewis, and David Haye. Any combination of those four. In any corner of the world. That's it.
    big money fight Lennox Lewis??? NEWS FLASH he retired 7 years ago, why not Klitschko vs ALi/Frazier/Foreman. As for Haye he is in the exact same position as Adamek, who has he beat at HW a washed up Ruiz (golota) and a freak Valuev (Arreola). The bigger of his 2 title fights at Crusierweight was against Mormeck who is comparable to O'neil Bell who Adamek beat at CW

To say Haye is a big money fight and Adamek has no resume is retarded when their path at CW and HW have been so similar

not to mention Boxrec.com has #3 Haye and #4 Adamek at HW and Fightnews has #3 Haye and #5 Adamek at HW. They are more alike than you think

1UP

How long have you watched boxing? Vitali Klitschko wants to fight Lennox Lewis. Foreman came back after 10 years, so what was your point there? Are you saying that a retirement is a binding commitment? Do you know what you're talking about?

I take it, no. Comparing records and "comparable" opponents is such a stupid argument. It's actually laughable.

David Haye is officially THE #2 ranked HW behind Vitali and Wlad. I know for a fact Valuev and Povetkin (among others) are still going to be in front of Adamek, and you're sourcing 3rd party media outlets that hold no weight. No wonder you're so convinced Adamek is so high in the rankings. All that matters is the WBC rankings, which Adamek is not even a blip on; and Vitali/Wlad's choosing. Which is not in favor right now.

Adamek and Haye/Valuev/Povetkin/Chambers/Arreola II will happen before the Klit's take him. Why? Because he does not have the resume to make the Klitchko's dump belts to chase him. Which defeats Adamek's purpose. Even then, they'll demand much bigger splits, which defeats Adamek's purpose.

Edit: Before you waste my time with more senselessness. Here's the official WBC rankings confirming everything I've said. Official as of March/April.
    1.- Odlanier Solis (Cuba) INTL
    2.- Nicolay Valuev (Russia)
    3.- Alexander Povetkin (Russia)
    4.- Denis Boytsov (Russia)
    5.- Chris Arreola (US)
    6.- Derric Rossy (US) FECARBOX/ABCO/USNBC
    7.- Manuel Quezada (US) CABOFE
    8.- Johnathon Banks (US) NABF
    9.- Samuel Peter (Nigeria)
    10.- James Toney (US)
    11.- Tomasz Adamek (Poland)
    12.- Albert Sosnowski (Poland) EBU
    13.- Francesco Pianeta (Italy)
    14.- Tony Thompson (US)
    15.- Juan Carlos Gomez (Cuba)
    http://www.wbcboxing.com/
    http://www.cbssports.com/boxing/rank...;pageContainer

Cuban-born, former Olympic gold medalist, Odlanier Solis, and former WBA heavyweight champion, Nikolay Valuev, of Russia, will meet in an eliminator bout ordered by the WBC on a date and at a site to be determined, with the winner being the mandatory challenger for WBC champion, Vitali Klitschko,
    http://boxing.fanhouse.com/2010/04/2...lis-agreed-to/

If Adamek emerges as the winner, he could be getting a big payday against Wladimir in 2011, as soon as Wladimir takes care of his fights against Alexander Povetkin and possibly WBA heavyweight champion David Haye. Adamek will have to stay busy after the Arreola fight by fighting someone else. Hopefully it would be against another top tier fighter rather than another 2nd tier heavyweight for Adamek.

Adamek can go after WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko’s WBC title once he retires in 2011 or 2012, but it won’t be easy. There are a number of quality heavyweights that he would have to deal with first, such as Odlanier Solis, Samuel Peter, Alexander Povetkin and Nikolay Valuev.
    http://www.boxingnews24.com/2010/04/...ayoff-tonight/
    Last edited by 1UP; 04-26-10 at 02:33 PM.

THE_LOCKSMITH

How long have you watched boxing? Vitali Klitschko wants to fight Lennox Lewis. Foreman came back after 10 years, so what was your point there? Are you saying that a retirement is a binding commitment? Do you know what you're talking about?

I take it, no. Comparing records and "comparable" opponents is such a stupid argument. It's actually laughable.

David Haye is officially THE #2 ranked HW behind Vitali and Wlad. I know for a fact Valuev and Povetkin (among others) are still going to be in front of Adamek, and you're sourcing 3rd party media outlets that hold no weight. No wonder you're so convinced Adamek is so high in the rankings. All that matters is the WBC rankings, which Adamek is not even a blip on; and Vitali/Wlad's choosing. Which is not in favor right now.

Adamek and Haye/Valuev/Povetkin/Chambers/Arreola II will happen before the Klit's take him. Why? Because he does not have the resume to make the Klitchko's listen yet.

Where do i begin "Foreman came back after 10 years, so what was your point there?" So one boxer comes back after a long retirment so this mean Lewis will back??? thats laughable

"comparable" opponents is such a stupid argument. It's actually laughable" Why you are arguing that one fighter has a much better resume, how else would i determine who has fought better competition then comparing there opponents

"David Haye is officially THE #2 ranked HW behind Vitali and Wlad" LOL, so he is behind Vitali and Vald so that makes him ranked #2, usually when you have two people ranked ahead of you, you would be ranked 3RD like i stated in my "3rd party media outlets"

"All that matters is the WBC rankings, which Adamek is not even a blip on" Yea #11, and guess who gets the next shot at the WBC title #12
    WBC rankings
    champion Vitali Klitschko
    1. Odlanier Solis
    2. Nicholay Valuev
    3. Alexander Povetkin
    4. Denis Boytsov
    5. Chris Arreola
    6. Derric Rossy
    7. Manuel Quezada
    8. Jonathan Banks
    9. Samuel Peter
    10. James Toney
    11. Tomasz Adamek
    12. Albert Sosnowski

1UP

I can't help but feel like I'm talking to a brick wall.

he's fighting Sosnowski by CHOICE
    Sheesh. I said this two or three posts ago.

Yes, one boxer comes back, so that means another could. Just like many other boxers have. Just like how you think Haye/Mormeck translates to Bell/Adamek? (For the record, Lewis does not want to fight Vitali, but has made public statements about coming out of retirement for others. So there goes another one of your assumptions into thin air.)

And yes, David Haye is #2. I now understand you don't understand boxing so I'll help you out one last time --- usually how things work in boxing is, there is a undisputed or unified champion (Wlad) who are not given a numerical ranking; and then there are contenders, who descend in numerical value. Vitali is #1. David Haye is #2, Povetkin is #3... Make sense?

You're way over your head here. Stop speaking on something you clearly know nothing about. The necessary info has been provided. Arm yourself with this knowledge and maybe you and your friends will fare better next time.
    Last edited by 1UP; 04-26-10 at 03:00 PM.

THE_LOCKSMITH

I can't help but feel like I'm saying the same thing.

Yes, one boxer comes back, so that means another could. Just like how you think Haye/Mormeck translates to Bell/Adamek? (For the record, Lewis does not want to fight Vitali, but has made public statements about coming out of retirement for others. So there goes another one of your assumptions into thin air.)

And yes, David Haye is #2. I now understand you don't understand boxing so I'll help you out one last time --- usually how things work in boxing is, there is a undisputed or unified champion (Wlad) who are not given a numerical ranking; and then there are contenders, who descend in numerical value. Vitali is #1. David Haye is #2, Povetkin is #3... Make sense?

You're way over your head here. Stop speaking on something you clearly know nothing about. The necessary info has been provided. Arm yourself with this knowledge and maybe you'll know what fare better next time.
    Yes your knowledge about boxing is so great, when you make statement like "I now understand you don't understand boxing" and "Stop speaking on something you clearly know nothing about" makes you sound like a real bigshot know it all

but your statements show just how full of crap you are
    "All that matters is the WBC rankings" the same rankings which don't even mention your #2 ranked David Haye, these are the only rankings that matter??

get over yourself and all you boxing knowledge, all i ever said was Adamek had the resume to face a Klitschko, and the fight could sell in Europe. You seem to think that Klitschko/Haye is "A "big money" Heavyweight fight". By big money i'd have to sell PPV's which are driven my the US, where no one gives a crap about Klitschko, nevermind Haye or Adamek

1UP

More questions that I've given answers to a long time ago.

All that matters is the WBC rankings, which Adamek is not even a blip on; and Vitali/Wlad's choosing. Which is not in favor right now.
    Why did you leave that out?

Cuban-born, former Olympic gold medalist, Odlanier Solis, and former WBA heavyweight champion, Nikolay Valuev, of Russia, will meet in an eliminator bout ordered by the WBC on a date and at a site to be determined, with the winner being the mandatory challenger for WBC champion, Vitali Klitschko,
    Which may not even happen, because!

Vitali Klitschko says he plans on retiring this year in 2010 after a fight against WBA heavyweight champion David Haye. In an article at the Dailymail, the 38-year-old Klitschko says “I only have to win one belt [Haye’s WBA heavyweight title]. So this year I will hang up my boxing gloves. And I’ll stop visiting different cities to beat somebody’s face in.”
    http://www.boxingnews24.com/2010/02/...-in-2010-news/

If Adamek emerges as the winner, he could be getting a big payday against Wladimir in 2011, as soon as Wladimir takes care of his fights against Alexander Povetkin and possibly WBA heavyweight champion David Haye. Adamek will have to stay busy after the Arreola fight by fighting someone else.
    http://www.boxingnews24.com/2010/04/...ayoff-tonight/

Wlad calls out Haye. (April 12)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe-Z7QN_t6M

THE_LOCKSMITH

i feel like i'm talking to a brick wall, show me where i said Adamek is getting the next shot before Haye or Povetkin, agin all i said was he had the resume to face a Klitschko and it would sell well in Europe. You were the one who said he had no resume. and Yes i did compare both fighters CW moving up to HW

Haye 3 HW fights Barrett/Valuev/Ruiz
    Adamek 3 HW fights Golota/Estrada/Arreola

Very simialr HW resume

12 Last