shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

Direll/abraham on saturday reminder

should be good. its a part of the super 6 tournament. its on showtime which is also having a preview weekend so if you dont have SHO and dont stream fights, its available too.

1UP
    1UP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

More like The Super Fix tourney.

HBO also has a card on Saturday, more suited for the die hard boxing fans. Maidana/Cayo on the undercard, and a big re-match with Guzman and Funeka.

If anyone has odds on the HBO card, please post them.

Trixie
    Trixie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 230

Agreed on the fix. BOL to AA, but jeez talk about the deck being stacked against you

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33426

How is the deck stacked against Abraham? Yeah, I know the fight was moved to Michigan, but don't the tournament rules require judges to be from "neutral" parts of the world? Are they using huge gloves and fighting in a big ring or something?

1UP

The whole tournament is fixed from several angles. The 1st round was a joke, Dirrell was robbed; Froch and Kessler have been exposed. All of Ward's fights are in America. There are rumors Gary Shaw has assigned a Michigan ref (likely) and 3 Michigan judges (will likely be pulled if Abraham's camp is smart enough to screen them)...

The whole tournament is just suspect.

Abraham should win, regardless of where the fight is. He shells up a lot, Dirrell has a huge reach advantage and will easily steal rounds. But his stamina is extremely suspect and he's featherfisted. Abraham should never be in trouble here, other than potentially losing on points.

If he starts a lot faster than he usually does, cuts the ring off on Direll; he wins by decision, with a fair shot at a TKO.
    Last edited by 1UP; 03-25-10 at 02:03 PM.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by 1UP View Post
    The whole tournament is fixed from several angles. The 1st round was a joke, Dirrell was robbed; Froch and Kessler have been exposed. All of Ward's fights are in America. There are rumors Gary Shaw has assigned a Michigan ref (likely) and 3 Michigan judges (will likely be pulled if Abraham's camp is smart enough to screen them)...

The whole tournament is just suspect.
    What you describe does not mean the tournament is fixed. I do think that Dirrell should have won a close decision instead of losing a close split decision, but that doesn't mean the fight was fixed. Ward beating Kessler doesn't have anything to do with a fix either. Ward turned in an amazing performance against a very good boxer. If anything, it was Kessler who got the gift decision in the Ward fight because calling the fight a technical decision instead of a technical knockout (like it probably should have been) saved Kessler from losing a point in the round robin scoring. Ward fighting in America has nothing to do with a fix either. Shaw arranged home fights for him for less money, just like Jermain Taylor's promoter arranged European locations in exchange for more money. You can question the different promoter's wisdom in making such decisions, but saying that they're fixing the fights makes no sense.

1UP

You're putting words in my mouth. I didn't say anything about the Ward/Kessler fight being fixed. They didn't change the rulebook to the benefit of Kessler. The guy had a gash on his eye if I remember correctly. From a headbutt, technically (that's in Kessler's favor). The fight was stopped, you HAVE to go to the cards by rule. That's not a fix.

The tournament is fixed. Andre Dirrell should have never lost that fight, but it seemed Froch had the ref and judges in his favor. You have the undefeated European fighters with 4 or 5 fights in their hometown. You have Andre Ward never even leaving American soil. The tournament was not set up for the best fighter/anyone to win. It was set up for Abraham and Kessler/Froch to meet in the finals. The Americans were just pawns and it backfired when Ward and Dirrell gave them fits. But the shenanigans will continue eventually. I wouldn't be surprised if Abraham gets robbed on the cards tomorrow.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

I also thought Direll should have won that fight but lets not pretend he dominated Froch, I thought he won by two rounds but have seen far worse decisions than that in this past month alone, tourney is not fixed and I expect Arthur to get a fair shake here. If you want to see what fixed boxing looks like then I suggest you watch a few british promotions on Skybox

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9852

I love the super 6 idea, but looks like the format has its own set of problems. The fights are good, but with the postponements it may take 2 years to end. It is just too much time to be locked.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO

Another hole shot in the inane conspiracy theory that the Super 6 is fixed.

The ref is from Texas. The judges are from: Thailand, Italy, and Michigan respectively. The one from Michigan, Frank Garza, has a good reputation in boxing circles.

1UP

Please stop trying to manipulate everything for a point. The final list for officials were literally released like, 12 hours ago. Did you know that you're not obligated to chime in if you don't know what you're responding to?

Quote Originally Posted by 1UP View Post
    There are rumors Gary Shaw has assigned a Michigan ref (likely) and 3 Michigan judges (will likely be pulled if Abraham's camp is smart enough to screen them)...
    http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=26343

Did you realize the rules of the Super Fix tournament clearly state the referee must ALWAYS be from a neutral country? (Are they experimenting?)

Did you realize the rules of the Super Fix tournament clearly state that one judge must be from the same country as each fighter? Well, America is represented, but not Germany...

BTW, the Texas judge? Laurence Cole? Have you ever heard of a ref advising a fighter to quit due to a cut, because he's up on the scorecards?
    "you're ahead on the scorecards"-Laurence Cole
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY0cV-BXGMY @ 2:30

Again, you're not obligated to respond if you're not fully aware of the situation.
    Last edited by 1UP; 03-27-10 at 08:20 AM.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10452

wow - i got robbed , in 11th he knocked him out cold but lost the fight DQ. dam i got robbed this shet why i dont like boxing so fixed

OnkelChris
    OnkelChris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3243

Brilliant fight of Dirrell until round 9. In round 10 he was in trouble and in round 11 Abraham delivered him the chance for some ugly and poorly acting. My favorite for the golden strawberry award 2010.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

when is the froch fight

OnkelChris
    OnkelChris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3243

24th of April.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

good acting by direll, arthur deserved the dq though

TheIceman
    TheIceman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ref didn't count a knockdown for Abraham for whatever reason , I believe if AA didn't totally knock out Dirrell in the remaining time he could have scored another knockdown , making it 30-25 in the last 3 rounds and I had him winning 2 of the first 9 rounds which could have ended in a very tight decision for Abraham with the ref ruling the one punch as the knockdown which he should .
    AA got DQ'ed rightfully tho but Dirrell was fading big time , running and wobbling all over the place when he felt AA's power in the 10th .
    I would love to see a rematch sometimes soon , Abraham will really be looking for a brutal KO win in his next bout tho I got a feeling .

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Wow. The fight was excellent up until the 11th round. Dirrell was not running like he usually does. I was impressed with him to start. The ref made a mistake in the 10th. That was a knockdown for sure. The punch in the 11th was illegal but sure looked like some acting by Direll. He got hit then it looked like he said wow and then pulled his hand to his face. And then he realized it was illegal so he fell down and started acting. If it knocked him out he would have been out. He was supposedly out like 3 seconds after getting hit.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO

The 11th round is up on youtube. I think the only people who are happy about the finish are people who bet the under. Sadly, I was on the over... must be fixed .

1UP

Again, if you don't know the sport or subject you're speaking on, you're not obliged to comment.

I think you just started watching boxing after JMM/Mayweather or something. First you think headbutt's that cause cuts should have gave a TKO victory in Andre Ward's favor... Now you think Vegas ran with your prop bet, because Abraham knocked a down fighter unconscious?

Your lack of common sense improves with age.

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines

Sad ending. The DQ is correct, but there is a chance that Dirrell will be affected by the punch. Fortunately, as Ward fight was delayed, he will have time to recover.

playa420
    playa420's Avatar Become A Pro!

First off, I dont know how anyone could have thought Dirrell was acting. He got hit with an illegal shot on the ground and had a delayed reaction, which happens. When he got up he was freaking out and obviously didnt know what the **** was going on. Arthur Abraham is a piece of shit, he showed his true colors during the post fight interview.

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines

Quote Originally Posted by playa420 View Post
    First off, I dont know how anyone could have thought Dirrell was acting. He got hit with an illegal shot on the ground and had a delayed reaction, which happens. When he got up he was freaking out and obviously didnt know what the **** was going on. Arthur Abraham is a piece of shit, he showed his true colors during the post fight interview.
    Totally agree. I know, people like spectacle and would like Dirrell to continue. But he was really affected by the illegal punch, continuing would be dangerous.

Dirrell was not acting. He was sad, thinking he was KO'ed. When the official result was announce, he did not smile. At the interview he was incoherent. Too much for acting.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO

Good news. Dirrell is okay. More info linked here from an article in the Detroit Free Press.