flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Jon Fitch vs Thiago Alves

What a fight this is going to be. I am not sure how they came up with Alves is the favorite. This is sure to be one hell of a fight... I just don't see Fitch losing this one.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

GSP already set the gameplan for Fitch. Take Alves down. But, GSP can take anyone down so I'll have to re-watch the Koscheck / Alves fight. I don't remember if Alves had improved his takedown defense or if it was Koscheck trying to showcase his stand up. Either way Fitch has a clear path to victory.

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I agree I think Fitch will be able to control the fight on the ground fairly easily

Preston09
    You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?
    Preston09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

This will be fun to watch. Alvez is raw power! and Fitch is a Machine!

36mafia
    36mafia's Avatar Become A Pro!

fight goes 3 round distance -200
    expect fitch to takedown at will and become human blanket

NicksPicks
    NicksPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is tremendous value in Fitch as an underdog I'm jumping on it straight up and as part of a small parlay! Fitch has not lost in 6 years (except for GSP) and is truly a warrior. Alves has holes and Fitch will exploit them. Fitch vs GSP would likely be the next fight.

sundin4prez
    sundin4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 36mafia View Post
    fight goes 3 round distance -200
    expect fitch to takedown at will and become human blanket

i agree with this 100%.... alves is not going to be able to finish fitch (did you see the beating he took from gsp and never quit) and fitch cant finish fights... seems pretty easy to me,....

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6172

Gotta love Fitch as an underdog here...too good to pass up.

cky312
    cky312's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Alves will win this fight, but you can't turn Fitch down based on value here. Alves is not the same fighter as they fought back in 06. He's gotten bigger, more technical, and gets off the ground better. While Fitch IMO has not evolved much, he still has the same relentless lay and pray decision win style. In fact for those of you that watched the Fitch Pierce fight, Fitch got caught more than once, and if Pierce had the gastank to get off the ground he could have beat Fitch. I see Alves as a big upgrade over Pierce, huge advantage standing, and he shouldn't have too much trouble getting back up if he was taken down. Though GSP made a UFC record in takedowns (20 some I believe) in the Alves fight, I think that just shows how good Alves is at getting back up. Note that BJ couldn't even get up from GSP's top control despite greasegate. I really think Alves is the clear winner in this fight, which bodes well for me since most people will hammer the Fitch line come closing time and I'll cash on the other end taking Alves (hopefully)

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by cky312 View Post
    I think Alves will win this fight, but you can't turn Fitch down based on value here. Alves is not the same fighter as they fought back in 06. He's gotten bigger, more technical, and gets off the ground better. While Fitch IMO has not evolved much, he still has the same relentless lay and pray decision win style. In fact for those of you that watched the Fitch Pierce fight, Fitch got caught more than once, and if Pierce had the gastank to get off the ground he could have beat Fitch. I see Alves as a big upgrade over Pierce, huge advantage standing, and he shouldn't have too much trouble getting back up if he was taken down. Though GSP made a UFC record in takedowns (20 some I believe) in the Alves fight, I think that just shows how good Alves is at getting back up. Note that BJ couldn't even get up from GSP's top control despite greasegate. I really think Alves is the clear winner in this fight, which bodes well for me since most people will hammer the Fitch line come closing time and I'll cash on the other end taking Alves (hopefully)
    I agree! Pierce would of TKOd Fitch if he'd had another minute in tht fight!

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by cky312 View Post
    ... I see Alves as a big upgrade over Pierce, huge advantage standing, and he shouldn't have too much trouble getting back up if he was taken down. Though GSP made a UFC record in takedowns (20 some I believe) in the Alves fight, I think that just shows how good Alves is at getting back up. Note that BJ couldn't even get up from GSP's top control despite greasegate. I really think Alves is the clear winner in this fight, which bodes well for me since most people will hammer the Fitch line come closing time and I'll cash on the other end taking Alves (hopefully)
    I tend to agree with this. Alves got up from GSP multiple times, and as such, I'm thinking he'll get up from Fitch, and work some stand-up. Depends on if he can keep from gas'ing and push the pace on Fitch to force a striking affair... I'm still somewhat torn on this one at this point. I may just lay off it and enjoy the fight.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Only way Fitch loses is if he gets caught... It could happen but I hope not. I am huge on Fitch. I also think that Gomi beats Kenflo!

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

I see Fitch winning this one.

playa420
    playa420's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is a tough fight to call at the current line. Alves got owned in the frist fight, but that was a long time ago and he showed really good takedown defense against Hughes and Koscheck.If Alves can keep the fight standing its gonna be a rough night for Fitch and, Alves should get the win.If the line comes down a little bit I will probably make a small play on Alves.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by playa420 View Post
    This is a tough fight to call at the current line. Alves got owned in the frist fight, but that was a long time ago and he showed really good takedown defense against Hughes and Koscheck.If Alves can keep the fight standing its gonna be a rough night for Fitch and, Alves should get the win.If the line comes down a little bit I will probably make a small play on Alves.
    Alves did not get owned! He rocked Fitch in first round and thn got caught by an up kick which happens 1 every 1000 fights!

RobbReport
    RobbReport's Avatar Become A Pro!

thiago wins this easily. watch.

playa420
    playa420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Alves did not get owned! He rocked Fitch in first round and thn got caught by an up kick which happens 1 every 1000 fights!
    Did you watch the fight? He rocked Fitch in the beginning of the first round, and then Fitch pounded on Alves for the rest of the round.Then fitch took him down in the second, and was doing good.Then Alves got up and Fitch up kicked him.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

can alves' short arms deal with fitch's height?

bluefish
    Update your status
    bluefish's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alves

bluefish
    Update your status
    bluefish's Avatar Become A Pro!

tough call though

36mafia
    36mafia's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    Only way Fitch loses is if he gets caught... It could happen but I hope not. I am huge on Fitch. I also think that Gomi beats Kenflo!
    big gomi fan but he just isnt the same fighter he used to be. former pride fighters especially japs are notoriously known to suck once they cross over into ufc

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 36mafia View Post
    big gomi fan but he just isnt the same fighter he used to be. former pride fighters especially japs are notoriously known to suck once they cross over into ufc
    i really hope gomi wins, itll add another much-needed challenger to bj's belt.