THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

UFC Fight Night: Gane vs. Tuivasa (September 03, 2022)

ESPN+ 3:00 pm ET
    Ciryl Gane vs. Tai Tuivasa
    Robert Whittaker vs. Marvin Vettori
    Alessio Di Chirico vs. Roman Kopylov
    Nasrat Haqparast vs. John Makdessi
    Khalid Taha vs. Cristian Quinonez
    Charles Jourdain vs. Nathaniel Wood

ESPN+ 12:00 pm ET
    Abusupiyan Magomedov vs. Dustin Stoltzfus
    Michal Figlak vs. Fares Ziam
    Joaquin Buckley vs. Nassourdine Imavov
    Benoit Saint-Denis vs. Gabriel Miranda
    Christian Quinonez vs Khalid Taha
    Ailin Perez vs. Stephanie Egger
    Danny Henry vs. Ricardo Ramos
    Jarno Errens vs William Gomis

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

Gane sub.

Brandt Moat
    Brandt Moat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2878

Going with Vettori. Odds have fallen a bit. Made some bank on Whittaker, just think he has made his last run to the top. I like Jourdain. He needs to put a full fight together. He is a full can of whip azz if he can stay on his feet. GL Will be sitting this one out. Got peeled last card-need to regroup.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11750

Prelim write ups - MMA MANIA

145 lbs.: Stephanie Egger vs. Ailin Perez

Stephanie Egger (7-3) pushed her UFC record over .500 with consecutive finishes of Shanna Young and Jessica-Rose Clark, the latter of which earned “Performance of the Night.” Then came a hugely controversial loss to Mayra Bueno Silva in which Egger was accused of trying to fake a tap.
    She steps in for Zarah Fairn on nine days’ notice.
    Ailin Perez (7-1) got off to a 5-0 pro start before a disqualification loss to Tamires Vidal in Nov. 2021. “Fiona” went on to go 2-0 in 2022, both wins via stoppage. Her five pro stoppage wins include four by knockout.
    I thought Perez had a very good chance of beating Fairn, who got dominated on the ground by Megan Anderson of all people. Egger, on the other hand, is going to crush her. Perez’s offense largely revolves around the clinch, where Egger’s judo reigns supreme, and “Fiona” hasn’t shown the Brazilian jiu-jitsu or striking chops to even the score elsewhere.
    Odds are that Egger comes out looking to prove a point, which is very bad news for Perez. In the end, Egger goes some ways toward erasing the memory of her last fight with an early throw and quick tapout.
    Prediction: Egger via first round submission
    Related
    Up Next! Gane Vs. Tuivasa In Paris!

145 lbs.: William Gomis vs. Jarno Errens

Once 2-2 in his professional career, William Gomis (10-2) enters the Octagon with six finishes in his last eight wins. This most recent of those came in June 2022, when he pounded out Jose Marcos in his Ares FC debut.
    “Jaguar” has knocked out six professional foes and submitted one other.
    The Netherlands’ Jarno Errens (13-3-1) saw a five-fight unbeaten streak come to an end in April 2022 when he lost a decision to former victim Mert Ozyildirim. He got back on track four months later, beating Alisher Abdullaev under the Brave CF banner.
    This marks a less-than-one-month turnaround for him.
    This really is a question of which Gomis shows up. The one who ran literal circles around the ultra-aggressive Tobias Harila last year almost certainly does the same to Errens, who’s on the wrong end of speed and power discrepancies. The one who plodded his way through his two 2022 bouts, backing himself to the fence and swinging for one-hitter quitters instead of setting anything up, eats 100 one-two combinations and loses a decision.
    I’ll be an optimist and say the former shows up because it’s a huge stage and Errens is the level of opponent Gomis puts in effort against. In short, body kicks, low kicks and constant lateral movement should seal the deal for “Jaguar.”
    Prediction: Gomis via unanimous decision
    Related
    UFC Paris Official For Sept. 3

185 lbs.: Dustin Stoltzfus vs. Abusupiyan Magomedov

Dustin Stoltzfus (14-4) went from slam KO’ing Joseph Pyfer on Contender Series to losing three straight in the Octagon, two of them by submission. He finally returned to the win column in July 2022 with a unanimous decision win over Dwight Grant.
    He steps in for Makhmud Muradov on short notice.
    Abusupiyan Magomedov (24-4-1) carried a 10-fight unbeaten streak into the 2018 PFL finals, only to suffer a one-punch knockout loss to Louis Taylor just 33 seconds into the fight. He’s since gotten back on track with a pair of submission wins, the most recent of them over then-unbeaten Cezary Kesik under the KSW banner.
    Saturday’s bout ends a nearly two-year layoff for “Abus.”
    Stoltzfus’ problem is, as always, that his wrestling is a level below his top game. His jiu-jitsu and ground-and-pound skills aren’t worth much when UFC-caliber opponents can shut down his takedowns and put him on his back in return. He can get away with it against the likes of Grant, but not a grappler of Magomedov’s caliber. Even if they deadlock and switch to a striking battle, Magomedov’s got a clear edge in power.
    While Magomedov’s layoff is cause for concern, I’d favor even the PFL version of him to overpower Stoltzfus on the feet and on the ground. Indeed, “Abus” wrenches Stoltzfus to the mat and pounds him out before any potential cardio issues can crop up.
    Prediction: Magomedov via first round technical knockout
    Related
    UFC Paris Loses Fight Via Toilet Accident

155 lbs.: Fares Ziam vs. Michal Figlak

Unfazed by a UFC debut loss to Don Madge, Fares Ziam (12-4) worked his way back up the ranks with consecutive decisions over Jamie Mullarkey and Luigi Vendramini. This set up a clash with Terrance McKinney, who choked out “Smile Killer” midway through the first round.
    His professional finishes are split 5/4 between submissions and knockouts.
    Michal Figlak (8-0) — a former 10-2 amateur — picked up a pair of regional professional wins before returning to Cage Warriors. He ultimately amassed a perfect record (5-0) under its banner, including a decision over Agy Sardari in July 2022.
    He gives up two inches of height to Ziam.
    As we’ve seen, there are types of fighters that Ziam’s movement-heavy, low-output style can work against. However, Figlak isn’t one of them. That’s because between his relentless forward advance, rapid combination punching, and sneaky grappling game, “Mad Dog” has everything he needs to ruin Ziam’s day the way Madge and McKinney did.
    Ziam is still young and clearly has talent, but if he hasn’t fixed his lack of urgency by now, I’m not sure he ever will. In short, Figlak bullies and out-works Ziam to a one-sided decision.
    Prediction: Figlak via unanimous decision

155 lbs.: Benoit Saint-Denis vs. Gabriel Miranda

The UFC debut for Benoit Saint-Denis (9-1) ended in disaster, suffering one of the nastier beatings in recent memory at the hands of Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos. “God of War” dropped to 155 pounds for his second Octagon bout, a second-round submission finish of Niklas Stolze.
    All of his wins have come inside the distance, eight via submission.
    Gabriel Miranda (16-5) started his professional career 1-2 before embarking on his current run, which has seen him end all of his wins via stoppage. He currently sits at 7-1 in his last eight, most recently scoring a 75-second submission in Oct. 2021.
    He steps in for Christos Giagos on around two weeks’ notice.
    Saint-Denis erased the vast majority of my doubts in that win over Stolze, and he might have an even easier time here. Going by Miranda’s fights in Brave CF, Saint-Denis badly out-classes “Fly” in both the striking and the wrestling. Miranda’s key weapon is his Brazilian jiu-jitsu, but Saint-Denis is more than capable of keeping up with him on the ground, especially when “God of War “will be dictating where the fight takes place.
    Outside of landing an out-of-nowhere, quick-kill submission, Miranda’s avenues to victory are sorely limited. In short, Saint-Denis dominates wherever the fight goes.
    Prediction: Saint-Denis via unanimous decision
    Related
    Up Next! Gane Vs. Tuivasa In Paris!

135 lbs.: Christian Quinonez vs. Khalid Taha

Christian Quinonez (16-3) claimed the UWC Bantamweight title with a dominant decision over Donny Matos in Feb. 2021. Eight months later, he defeated Xiao Long on Contender Series to secure a UFC contract.
    “Problema” replaces local favorite Taylor Lapilus on nine days’ notice.
    Khalid Taha (13-4) bounced back from an unsuccessful UFC debut with two straight stoppage wins, only for a failed drug test to overturn one of them and force a yearlong stay on the sidelines. He’s yet to recapture that success, dropping consecutive decisions to Raoni Barcelos and Sergey Morozov.
    He fights for the first time in more than 13 months.
    Any reference to Taha’s poor UFC record has to come with the asterisk that he’s faced some serious competition. From moving up in weight to fight a smothering grappler in Nad Narimani to taking on top-notch Bantamweight threats in Barcelos and Morozov, he’s been very short on gimmes in the Octagon.
    I do, however, think Quinonez has a shot here. “Problema’s” footwork and output seem like solid weapons against Taha, who can be over-reliant on swinging big power shots. It’s easy to picture Quinonez tearing up his lead leg and peppering him with long punches between Taha’s bursts of offense. It’s also easy to picture Taha landing his own hard leg kicks and catching Quinonez as the latter tries to lean away from punches, but not as easy. In the end, Quinonez threads the needle for a narrow victory.
    Prediction: Quinonez via unanimous decision

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47622

Quote Originally Posted by Brandt Moat View Post
    Going with Vettori. Odds have fallen a bit. Made some bank on Whittaker, just think he has made his last run to the top. I like Jourdain. He needs to put a full fight together. He is a full can of whip azz if he can stay on his feet. GL Will be sitting this one out. Got peeled last card-need to regroup.
    Whittaker's movement will be too much for the plodding Vettori.

The only way I can see Vettori winning is if he can get takedowns and control him on the ground for a lay and pray decision or possible submission.

Whittaker by decision.

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

Buckley looked great in his last fight and he has better cardio than Phil Hawes who beat Imavov for 2 rounds but gassed out in the 3rd and still won the decision. At +220 Buckley looks like a live dog, he is a head case but I'm throwing a $100 on him.
    Points Awarded:

JC2008 gave hankcream 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JC2008

Egger sub +225

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Is the co main event a five rounder?

JC2008

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Is the co main event a five rounder?
    No.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I think Vettori at +190 is a solid dog.

Pavy may have a point in the above post but I think Vettori is tough as nails with an iron chin and always game in fights. Whittiker just got KO'd in his last fight. Whittiker may be rattled mentally and vulnerable now.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Memay finally legal in France ha?

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post

Pavy may have a point in the above post but I think Vettori is tough as nails with an iron chin and always game in fights. Whittiker just got KO'd in his last fight. Whittiker may be rattled mentally and vulnerable now.
    What Pavy? I do not see a pavyracer post in this thread yet. You mean jakepeavy21? That's not Pavy.

+ it's ok to quote him as there are many post inbetween in what you say above post. Get your fukking shit right..allz I'm sayin

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    What Pavy? I do not see a pavyracer post in this thread yet. You mean jakepeavy21? That's not Pavy.

+ it's ok to quote him as there are many post inbetween in what you say above post. Get your fukking shit right..allz I'm sayin
    Yes I ment Jake you liberal prick bastard. Thanks for the correction.

Brandt Moat

Good Luck! I don't have any skin in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Whittaker's movement will be too much for the plodding Vettori.

The only way I can see Vettori winning is if he can get takedowns and control him on the ground for a lay and pray decision or possible submission.

Whittaker by decision.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

It has been for a couple years now.

Bellator has had two events there since 2020.

JC2008

What? Whittaker's last fight was a decision loss to Izzy. After winning 3 straight decisions. I agree on the rest though. Vettori dec +350

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JC2008 View Post
    What? Whittaker's last fight was a decision loss to Izzy. After winning 3 straight decisions. I agree on the rest though. Vettori dec +350
    First fight my bad. I had a mental lapse there. I still like Vettori though as the big dog going in.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Early start time tomorrow which I hate. Get your rest in beeeeootches!

DiggityDaggityDo

Let’s see how much I can lose this event.

Don’t forget to wake up early and make French toast tomorrow, fellas.

Or order McDonalds and get french fries delivered in a remote control heat box, JIBBY!!!

Copy/Pasta Al Tono from my thread:

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    This is my complete UFC Paris card.

UFC Paris

0.5u Ailin Perez +208

0.1u Khalid Taha in Round 3 by KO/TKO or DQ +1500

0.9u Wins Inside Distance - Benoit Saint-Denis -140

0.3u Wins Inside Distance - Michal Figlak +300

1.1u Jourdain -130

0.4u John Makdessi +201

0.1u Wins Inside Distance - Roman Kopylov +365
    0.1u Alessio Di Chirico by Points +190

0.4u Vettori +180

0.25u Tai Tuivasa by KO, TKO or DQ +600
    0.1u Ciryl Gane wins in round 3 +750
    0.1u Ciryl Gane wins in round 4 +950
    0.1u Ciryl Gane wins in round 5 +1250

1.15u Parlay
    Benoit Saint-Denis -275
    Abusupiyan Magomedov -270
    (-115)

0.75u Parlay
    Nassourdine Imavov -250
    William Gomis -225
    (+102)

0.80u Parlay
    Michal Figlak -212
    Vettori/Robert Whittaker over 2½ -280
    (+100)
    Points Awarded:

JC2008 gave DiggityDaggityDo 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

That's right clowns. Remote controlled heat box...Not robot.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

It has been for a couple years now.

Bellator has had two events there since 2020.
    Top answers on Quora:

The reason it was criminalized is 90% the French judo federation, which is radically against the sport of MMA. Why? Mostly because of business and personal interests. They are afraid that many promising students would prefer MMA over judo and since judo is one of the last traditional martial arts that the Frenchmen are having a good reputation at, they are afraid by MMA.

A few years back, the head of the judo federation even stated that if a judo teacher trains a MMA fighter, he’d be banned from judo for the rest of his life. They are ultimately afraid of losing relevancy in the world of sports.

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-MMA-ill..._ans=165531281

Brandt Moat

Nice to know. Sound like a buncha pucies. That's right they are! Except St. Denis he is a fookn monster!

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

jibbers i really liked this play too if it was five rounds but three is a risk. Bobby knuckles is hard to take down and that is the only way Vettori beats him by wearing him out. i figure in five he has the shot. i even bet him a month ago but seeing it is three if this JC clown is right, it means it is time to bail. good luck my good pal.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Ok up and watching! Let's go!

I'm going Gane by decision myself in the main. I think he will dance and move but not finish. Wild guess here. Trying to beat the odds in this bet. See what sticks?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

jibbers i really liked this play too if it was five rounds but three is a risk. Bobby knuckles is hard to take down and that is the only way Vettori beats him by wearing him out. i figure in five he has the shot. i even bet him a month ago but seeing it is three if this JC clown is right, it means it is time to bail. good luck my good pal.
    Thor being nice to me for once. I like that, shocked to see that..

Good luck man with your bets today on this card!

DiggityDaggityDo

Bout time Jibby woke up

JC2008

If I'm right? I have no action on the fight. But Denis round 2 +500 just cashed so that works.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by diggitydaggitydo View Post
    bout time jibby woke up
    Woke!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

French fighters fired up and representing.

DiggityDaggityDo

French fighters fired up and representing.
    Where were these guys during WW2?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Where were these guys during WW2?
    Lol.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

That was a steam roll by Mag.. Damn! Front kick to the face then dropped bombs. Over before it started..

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

oh shitt forgot this was on already....

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5354

Thor being nice to me for once. I like that, shocked to see that..

Good luck man with your bets today on this card!
    Lmfao only because it's UFC

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Lmfao only because it's UFC
    Probably..
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave JIBBBY 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

12 Last