Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Quote Originally Posted by JuicedUp View Post
    explain how it was lucky, you haven't done that intelligently
    No honey, I have done that many times now but you cherry pick the same shit over and over again. You're slow but don't forget that you're special.

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6160

Quote Originally Posted by Allure View Post
    No honey, I have done that many times now but you cherry pick the same shit over and over again. You're slow but don't forget that you're special.
    never forget you can't answer

Allure

never forget you can't answer
    OK. Let me give you an easy example. One that even you should understand.

Now imagine a football game, or soccer if you need that wording. There is one team, let's call that team Usman ok? Now that Usman team has 50 shots on goal, can you believe that. Team Usman produced 50 shots on goal in 89 minutes while the opposing team, let's call that team Leon, alright? Now that team has done jackshit so far, is frustrated and can't even look their coaches in the eye. Darn it! And now it's the final 90th minute and team Leon has a shot on goal and it goes in, what a stunner! Wow! The final whistle is blown hurray. Team Leon wins in the final minute with only 1 shot on goal while Team Usman had 50. Man what a lucky lucky win.

Man that wasn't so hard to understand after all, was it?

JuicedUp

Now imagine a football game, or soccer if you need that wording. There is one team, let's call that team Usman ok? Now that Usman team has 50 shots on goal, can you believe that. Team Usman produced 50 shots on goal in 89 minutes while the opposing team, let's call that team Leon, alright? Now that team has done jackshit so far, is frustrated and can't even look their coaches in the eye. Darn it! And now it's the final 90th minute and team Leon has a shot on goal and it goes in, what a stunner! Wow! The final whistle is blown hurray. Team Leon wins in the final minute with only 1 shot on goal while Team Usman had 50. Man what a lucky lucky win.

this doesn't work for combat sports. 25 min fight, he got kicked to the next dimension. no so hard to understand, is it?

gym rat
    gym rat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2833

ok I think I understand what you are saying. But are you saying the better fighter won tonight or the better fighter lost tonight?

JuicedUp

he thinks that because usman was winning, leon had no right to win, but this is fighting, he was offended leon shit on his expected outcome. this is not lucky, its just usman getting kicked in the head

Allure

Quote Originally Posted by gym rat View Post
    ok I think I understand what you are saying. But are you saying the better fighter won tonight or the better fighter lost tonight?
    Let me quote Dana from the post fight press conference: "Usman fought the perfect fight, he did everything right but got caught by the head kick" - that's what I think as well. I had Usman winning easily by decision, someone please post the judges scores if theyre out already, I mean DC, Anik, Joe all said that Leon was broken and needs to let lose etc. I mean lets assume the kick didn't happen and it went the distance. Who had Leon getting his hand raised?

To answer if the better fighter won or lost. I think Leon is a much better striker. Usman is a much better wrestler, alright striker. Overall I think Usman is still the better man.

Leon won 10 fights, but let's not forget Usman could have tied the great Anderson Silva. Also Usman beat Colby twice, he beat Burns, he beat Masvidal twice. That is quite the CV that Leon doesn't have. Period.

THAT SAID, I actually enjoyed (and was shocked) Usman getting KOd clean but now I'm curious how and if Leon is gonna defend the belt. I want to see him defend it against Khamzat, Colby.

Allure

he thinks that because usman was winning, leon had no right to win, but this is fighting, he was offended leon shit on his expected outcome. this is not lucky, its just usman getting kicked in the head
    No, I never said Leon had no right to win. Why are you now twisting my words? I am also not offended by Leon winning because I don't know him, I am not emotionally involved like you very apparently are. Tell me about your educational background that will explain a lot for me.

JuicedUp

No, I never said Leon had no right to win. Why are you now twisting my words? I am also not offended by Leon winning because I don't know him, I am not emotionally involved like you very apparently are. Tell me about your educational background that will explain a lot for me.
    tell me how it was luck, ill tell you my background

JuicedUp

and nate might beat khamzat

Allure

tell me how it was luck, ill tell you my background
    Tell me about your academic background. Have you ever seen a university from inside, let's start there. Go.

Allure

and nate might beat khamzat
    Ok thank you. That explains all.

JuicedUp

Ok thank you. That explains all.
    this same thing was said about leon, history repeats my friend

Allure

this same thing was said about leon, history repeats my friend
    Well even if Leon had lost, he'd still be considered an elite striker.

Khamzat is young, strong, hungry, has elite grappling, what does Nate bring to the table?

Also Peña beating Nunes was a mich bigger upset than Leon beating Usman, so not sure why there's some talk whether Leon is the biggest upset in UFC history.

Allure

By the way, was expecting Colby to tweet and thank the "first responders" for saving Marty.

How is he not tweeting this.

JuicedUp

Well even if Leon had lost, he'd still be considered an elite striker.

Khamzat is young, strong, hungry, has elite grappling, what does Nate bring to the table?

Also Peña beating Nunes was a mich bigger upset than Leon beating Usman, so not sure why there's some talk whether Leon is the biggest upset in UFC history.
    nate brings the stockton slap, its disrespectful and demoralizing. I don't touch women fighting, too many variables

Allure

Also Hats off to Leon for not jumping on Marty for some more damage. It was clear as day that Usman was out but there are still enough assholes who would still try to add more damage knowing the opponent is out cold.

JuicedUp

yea leon doesn't seem like the blood thirsty type.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16000

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Yeah man also Leon had won 10 fights in a row before the fight with plenty of knockouts. So no luck at all imo. His striking is crisp.
    There was nothing lucky about it but lets be honest here Leon was losing the fight and caught Kamaru with a perfectly timed head kick which was the only way was going to get his hand raised. I'm not taking anything away from Edwards he deserved to win but Usman made a huge mistake and it cost him the fight.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

Leon fought his worst fight and still won.

He took Usman down and got his back in round 1. He says he didn't feel right and his body wasn't firing for whatever reason, maybe the altitude? Point being, in the rematch expect a better overall showing from Edwards and I think he can beat Usman again.

Very happy for Leon after all he has been through these past years with cancelled fights and bad luck.
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave JAKEPEAVY21 20 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Brandt Moat
    Brandt Moat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2878

I wish they would place all the girl fights after the main event. Fight fans could go to sleep or move on with something more interesting then the watchin 2 fooks that have no idea how to fight. They always have at least a fight one the main card. You earn that spot on the card. You should get paid more for being on the main card. This Jew ran shit show UFC is what it is-a fookn greedy Heb company! I want to see one of these fighters crack Dana in the mouth. He is a douche bag. In the end I want to see the fighter leave for PFL. It will never happen. Next card.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

I was 2 hours late for work this morning after going to those fights lol

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

That KO prop of Usman paid out +500. ..

That head kick came out of no where. All Usman had to do is wrestle it up and grind it out in the last few minutes of the fight and he would have won the fight by UN decision. He got cute and tried to throw down hard and got caught. Low fight IQ cost him the championship! Next.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I was 2 hours late for work this morning after going to those fights lol
    Working on Sunday? What do you do Dem?

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Working on Sunday? What do you do Dem?
    Yeah man 40 hours a week. Private security.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Yeah man 40 hours a week. Private security.
    Cool.

gym rat

Also Hats off to Leon for not jumping on Marty for some more damage. It was clear as day that Usman was out but there are still enough assholes who would still try to add more damage knowing the opponent is out cold.
    I agree it was nice to see that Leon didn't try to land additional killer blows on an opponent that is already completely unconscious.

I'm kind of perplexed that more fighters like Derrick Lewis on Blades and Masvidal on Askren are not criticized more for this however it appears that majority of people seem to love seeing it and therefore in highlights it builds these fighter's popularity which will be incentive for more fighters to do it.

I'm not for it.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by gym rat View Post
    I agree it was nice to see that Leon didn't try to land additional killer blows on an opponent that is already completely unconscious.

I'm kind of perplexed that more fighters like Derrick Lewis on Blades and Masvidal on Askren are not criticized more for this however it appears that majority of people seem to love seeing it and therefore in highlights it builds these fighter's popularity which will be incentive for more fighters to do it.

I'm not for it.
    When there is bad blood between fighters most want to inflict as much damage and pain as possible on their opponents. It's called being an angry fighter. Hard to hold back.

Also some fighters get flash knocked out and pop right back up. Recovery time is quick! You need to keep punching until the ref pulls you off is the general rule. Coaches teach you that.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

High altitude fights in Utah and Colorado does take it's toll on a fighter's stamina and fatigue. Be cautious with your bets when UFC events are in these states.

Edwards predicted the knockout outcome of his fight a day before the fight:

bitcoinLuke
    bitcoinLuke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1336

Ya'll fighting about whether it was lucky or not instead of celebrating. SMH..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bitcoinLuke View Post
    Ya'll fighting about whether it was lucky or not instead of celebrating. SMH..
    It was lucky and I am celebrating hitting that KO prop to save my ass from losing this event and just breaking even to survive.

Keeping it real though Leon was dead in the river in that fight! He was a broken man and getting taken down easily and at will by Usman, his confidence was shot, he was gassed out a bit also but he hit the lotto jackpot with that well timed head kick at the last minute.

For the record - I don't like Usman at all and I'm glad he got kicked in the head and lost his belt though. I think Usman is a punk. I'd much rather hang out with Leon and have a beer and shoot the shit over stuff with him then Usman.

The 3rd fight rematch Leon will get smoked and broken again though. He should avoid fighting Usman at all costs in the 3rd match up and he should immediately start going to wrestling school and train 24/7 only on that and in his sleep thinking about Usman in that 3rd matchup. Even that might not be enough.

gym rat

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    When there is bad blood between fighters most want to inflict as much damage and pain as possible on their opponents. It's called being an angry fighter. Hard to hold back.

Also some fighters get flash knocked out and pop right back up. Recovery time is quick! You need to keep punching until the ref pulls you off is the general rule. Coaches teach you that.

I understand your point about inflicting as much damage as possible and bad blood and flash knockdowns however Fighters can tell the difference between a flash knockdown and a walk off.
    I know that everyone will have their own opinion so I don't expect everybody to be against the "extra strikes" on Ben Askren and Blades for example and in reality the general public really enjoys it so it is actually , helping fighters build their brand. It really helped shoot Masvidal to superstardom.

I personally kind of view the extra .strikes landed on what really is a "walk off" as an extension of the sucker punch. I don't like it but I completely understand that many absolutely love it.
    It's pretty devastating to the brain to be pounded with big shots after you are already completely limp unconscious and in a sport where they stress safety, I'm surprised more aren't speaking out against it like joe rogan, for example. Generally people love to watch it so it is what will most likely be the wave of the future.

Although one day, time will tell, I can see someone possibly being killed or comatose from a big shot like this. Especially by a Derek Lewis or Francis Nganou type heavyweight.

I notice that most fighters aren't into the massive blows on a limp unconscious fighter. They may follow down to the ground and land lighter shots so it isn't as common as it could be.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    High altitude fights in Utah and Colorado does take it's toll on a fighter's stamina and fatigue. Be cautious with your bets when UFC events are in these states.

Edwards predicted the knockout outcome of his fight a day before the fight:
    Wtf is this shit. You call that a prediction?

Going in there to knock the motherfukker out. Wow amazing

A day before the fight no less

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Wtf is this shit. You call that a prediction?

Going in there to knock the motherfukker out. Wow amazing

A day before the fight no less
    It's a lousy prediction but he called it and it happened.

WRMusic
    WRMusic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1289

Just curious if anyone knows what the odds were on an Edwards victory in round 5?

First ... 45678 Last