Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Quote Originally Posted by Mase of Base View Post
    Lol he had a pretty deep choke for 5 seconds maybe, a legit jiu jitsu guy would of got close to finishing that possibly. Dustin used the cage and got top control and did a decent amount of damage but far from fight ending, Connor ended up getting up, game on. I'm not a big Connor fan just not into people throwing jabs from the couch. The only shots Dustin landed were from a sub attempt from his opponent, happens every card.
    I don't want to argue with you, but CM didn't get GNPd that bad by Khabib in the first round. It would be one thing if it was mid-3rd round and you could tell his mobility was limited. He was losing on the feet. He was losing on the ground...and Dustin is a slow starter.
    Conor lost the mojo. Its over. I could see it last night at the weigh-in. He was trying to convince himself that he still has it, but Dustin wasn't buying it. He's not going to be elite again. He should hang it up and enjoy his money. Quit spending it on yachts and crazy bullshit

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    I don’t get it. Why kick the leg at the knee or above when the calf is obviously so effective and you avoid getting checked by the knee?
    Kicking the knee:

Fred The Hammer

Lol he had a pretty deep choke for 5 seconds maybe, a legit jiu jitsu guy would of got close to finishing that possibly. Dustin used the cage and got top control and did a decent amount of damage but far from fight ending, Connor ended up getting up, game on. I'm not a big Connor fan just not into people throwing jabs from the couch. The only shots Dustin landed were from a sub attempt from his opponent, happens every card.
    So Conor might've come back and won the fight? When has he ever finished anyone past the 1st round? Alvarez, but he just played with him like a cat with a mouse. Did Dustin look like "Deer in the headlights" Alvarez? Dustin was stopping him again. End of story.

Fred The Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Kicking the knee:

So could that give Conor a legit excuse? Can't win trading on your feet or on the ground if your ankle is about ready to crumble. I'm still thinking DP wins 100% of the time

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JIBBBY

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    So could that give Conor a legit excuse? Can't win trading on your feet or on the ground if your ankle is about ready to crumble. I'm still thinking DP wins 100% of the time
    If Conor broke his tibia, I think he'll be out 6 months (minimum) just to recover.

Then another 2-3+ months to get back into fighting shape.

If there's a rematch it might not happen for at least a year.

Sean O'Malley had similar issues with leg injuries and came back strong.

I don't know if there ever is a legit excuse for anything. Shit happens. Its just part of the game.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

I'm glad I didnt bet this card lol

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7067

Had a bunch of small losses early, mixed with a few small wins on random bets. Went bigger on Maia.

Went biggest on main event not going distance, with a little mixed in on Poirier ML (DK had boost of either fighter +150 $25 max, was one of them) and tried Poirier by sub small. Either way, glad to see Conor have very little to say with Rogan slouched next to him other than start up on the wife comments again. Classy as always, a real shame to see him get hurt.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Don't know why everyone's piling on Connor so bad. He looked good for half a round then went for a as it turns out a gilliotune that played into Dustin's hands, he landed a few elbows but nothing too nasty. It was 5 seconds away from being game on again with Connor not taking that much damage.

It is all about Dustin just being the better fighter. Conner still beats 95 percent of these 155ers. I loved Dustin in this fight but that chin of his has me always worried. the improvement in his game is just fantastic. There is no place this fight could have went where Conor has the advantage. If i am Dustin i would demand a 50/50 purse for a fourth fight or tell Dana and Conor to take a hike. Than again Dustin knows deep down this is an easy day at work a fourth fight, and take the big payday. Dustin "the guys a dirt bag" lol. If i am Dustin but i don't have as much class as Dustin does, i would ask Conor how the stretcher ride was

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

That's what you get for fighting with a heavy kicking plan when you haven't been a really active fighter..

Gotta wonder if McAnkle didn't have enough to time build up his shin density also? That's an Anderson Silva and Chris Weidman break right there.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Thor4140

dont quite remember this last night
    [IMG] [/IMG]

Thor4140

[IMG] [/IMG]

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

1-1-1 end of story

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    1-1-1 end of story
    DP was on his way to beating McIrish's ass regardless of the ankle break.

2-1 DP....

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Conor:

John Kavanagh: "We win or we learn. Nobody is a bigger fan of learning than me."

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

First ... 5678