THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

UFC 261: Usman vs. Masvidal 2 (April 24, 2021)

Pay-per-view 10:00 pm ET
    Kamaru Usman vs. Jorge Masvidal (for welterweight title)
    Valentina Shevchenko vs. Jessica Andrade (for flyweight title)
    Zhang Weili vs. Rose Namajunas (for strawweight title)
    Chris Weidman vs. Uriah Hall
    Jimmy Crute vs. Anthony Smith

ESPN 8:00 pm ET
    Randy Brown vs Alex Olivera
    Dwight Grant vs Stefan Sekulic
    Brendan Allen vs Karl Roberson
    Tristan Connelly vs Pat Sabatini

ESPN+ 6:00 pm ET
    Dana Bartgerel vs Kevin Natividad
    Kazula Vargas vs Rong Zhu
    Qileng Aori vs Jeffery Molina
    Ariane Carnelossi vs Na Liang
    Johnny Munoz vs Jamey Simmons

Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14056

some pricey chalk here.

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7037

I'm going with all three champs, with Zhang probably being the closest.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave magpie878 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

2 units Usman inside the distance +250

magpie878

Quote Originally Posted by hankcream View Post
    2 units Usman inside the distance +250
    I think I'm doing a cheap bet on ITD. He's looking to finish him, and I fully believe this isn't just talk.

Of course, if Usman takes a few good shots, he may resort back to clutching and takedowns again

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Two chick fights should be very entertaining.

hankcream

Quote Originally Posted by magpie878 View Post
    I think I'm doing a cheap bet on ITD. He's looking to finish him, and I fully believe this isn't just talk.

Of course, if Usman takes a few good shots, herere may resort back to clutching and takedowns again
    Masvidal hasn't been knocked out in over 12 years, but he's 36 now and Usman is a beast & has heard too much shit about how his fights are boring, I think he's going all out for a finish. Same type of odds with his fight with Burns - I am going to hedge it with under 4.5 rounds- if Masvidal does win it won't be by decision

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Early leans on:

Andrade
    Zhang
    Hall
    Allen
    Crute
    Brown

TrevMargo
    TrevMargo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Not finished capping but...

Weidman -105 (1 unit)
    Weidman -109 (2 units)
    Usman/Masvidal u4.5 +175 (0.5 unit)
    Shevchenko/Zhang -110 (3 units)
    Shevchenko/Zhang -106 (1 unit)
    Shevchenko/Zhang/Usman +130 (2 units)
    Last edited by TrevMargo; 04-19-21 at 10:52 PM.

WolfTicketDealer
    WolfTicketDealer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7615

I'm not sure why people are thinking an Usman finish is all that likely, he's not going to brawl with Masvidal. Usman doesn't really go for submissions on the ground and Mas's durability makes a GNP stoppage unlikely imo.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave WolfTicketDealer 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

magpie878

Quote Originally Posted by WolfTicketDealer View Post
    I'm not sure why people are thinking an Usman finish is all that likely, he's not going to brawl with Masvidal. Usman doesn't really go for submissions on the ground and Mas's durability makes a GNP stoppage unlikely imo.
    I'm not saying it's LIKELY (as it IS plus odds), but I fully believe this time around, he's going to try for a finish. And I think it's worth small bet on that. I didn't think there was a chance he'd finish Burns, let alone that quickly. Plus having a much higher skillset. Things happen, things change, people age. It's possible.

Listed odds say it's more likely that Usman finishes him that Masvidal wins at all. Don't know what else to tell you.

frankieunits2685
    frankieunits2685's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2021

I agree with this completely. It will probably be an Usman by DEC bet or pass for me. Masvidal has not been finished in a VERY long time. Usman was unable to win inside the distance when Masvidal stepped in on like a weeks notice. Jorge with a full training camp this time around.

frankieunits2685

Masvidal hasn't been knocked out in over 12 years, but he's 36 now and Usman is a beast & has heard too much shit about how his fights are boring, I think he's going all out for a finish. Same type of odds with his fight with Burns - I am going to hedge it with under 4.5 rounds- if Masvidal does win it won't be by decision
    I don't think Usman is going to go "all out for a finish" especially after he finished Burns, he doesn't need to prove anything. Burns also dropped him early in the fight, so I really think Usman will come out and fight smart, with respect for Jorges boxing and power. As long, as Usman doesn't listen to the advice Ngannou will be giving him in the corner--"Hit him harder!."

frankieunits2685

Quote Originally Posted by frankieunits2685 View Post
    I don't think Usman is going to go "all out for a finish" especially after he finished Burns, he doesn't need to prove anything. Burns also dropped him early in the fight, so I really think Usman will come out and fight smart, with respect for Jorges boxing and power. As long, as Usman doesn't listen to the advice Ngannou will be giving him in the corner--"Hit him harder!."
    It was probably more of a "stun" than "drop" I should clarify that. Usman definitely ate a big right from Burns, though.

magpie878

He also doesn't "need" to prove anything by calling out Masvidal again. I don't think he called him out to repeat another 5-round clutch and stomp clinic, but maybe he did. He also (shouldn't?) have another broken nose. Of course the odds say decision, but stuff happens. Luque by sub? Aspinall subbing Arlovski?? Weird things happen all the time.

WolfTicketDealer
    WolfTicketDealer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7615

I'm not saying it's LIKELY (as it IS plus odds), but I fully believe this time around, he's going to try for a finish. And I think it's worth small bet on that. I didn't think there was a chance he'd finish Burns, let alone that quickly. Plus having a much higher skillset. Things happen, things change, people age. It's possible.
    Listed odds say it's more likely that Usman finishes him that Masvidal wins at all. Don't know what else to tell you.
    To each their own but I don't think Usman really cares about being perceived as boring. Burns also presented a much bigger threat on the mat than Masvidal. If you told me that Usman's going to try and strike with Masvidal, the value would be on Mas. But Trevor Wittman's a smart coach, and the gameplan is going to be a lot of wrestling and initiating the clinch. Personally think Usman decision, unanimous decision or -5.5 is the way to play this fight but best of luck regardless.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave WolfTicketDealer 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

magpie878

To each their own but I don't think Usman really cares about being perceived as boring. Burns also presented a much bigger threat on the mat than Masvidal. If you told me that Usman's going to try and strike with Masvidal, the value would be on Mas. But Trevor Wittman's a smart coach, and the gameplan is going to be a lot of wrestling and initiating the clinch. Personally think Usman decision, unanimous decision or -5.5 is the way to play this fight but best of luck regardless.
    Don't get me wrong here. I like Usman ML in parlays. I don't necessarily think he'll win ITD, but I think he's going to try, unlike other times. It's only worth a cheap bet to me. This is one of the rare times I believe what the fighter is saying leading up to the big fight.

hankcream

4 Chinese fighters on this card, Dana must have swung some sort of deal with the Chinese government. Hard to believe that a Chinese citizen would be allowed to purchase this PPV.

TrevMargo

Added

Connelly/Shevchenko -125 (1 unit)
    Crute -195 (2 units)
    Crute/Shevchenko -114 (1 unit)

Usman could get a late TKO similar to the Covington fight or I could see him really bring it to Masvidal early and reach for the stoppage. It’s just a terrible style match up for Masvidal once again and it’s just too quick to have this rematch. Usman improves his skills significantly every fight and I don’t see the same from Masvidal. There’s a reason Usman called him out and it must of caught Masvidal off guard, when does the challenger ever get a rematch this quick after getting dominated. Usman is coming for the finish and wants to showcase why he’s the WW GOAT while getting as much PPV points as possible.

I really don’t see any live dogs on this card which is frustrating. Maybe Liang? She’s gonna have such a big size advantage and Carnelossi has to be coming off a lot of gear.

TrevMargo

4 Chinese fighters on this card, Dana must have swung some sort of deal with the Chinese government. Hard to believe that a Chinese citizen would be allowed to purchase this PPV.
    I think the reason for that is the card was originally going to be in Asia because they couldn’t do fans in North America. When they got the go ahead for fans they switched gears.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Masvidal is not a complete clown....Usman will have to resort to takedown and the grind.....easy work

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Ive always wondered about that myself....like how do they have fans --

TrevMargo

Added

Rong/Usman -139 (1.5 units)
    Sabatini/Connelly u2.5 +165 (0.5 units)
    Liang +170 (0.5 units)

Had a tough time finding footage on Liang so had to put in her Chinese name from Tapology and a lot came up. Mostly fading Carnelossi after her long lay off/coming off juice. She looked good against Angela Hill but I think Liang is underrated, despite a lot of places having her height wrong. She’s only 5’6” but listed as 5’9” a lot of places lol

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

UFC background song.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Masvidal is not a complete clown....Usman will have to resort to takedown and the grind.....easy work
    Yup, Masvidal gets grapple focked and grinded on all fight again. Usman by decision is the call.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Prelim write ups MMAMANIA -

135 lbs.: Batgerel Danaa vs. Kevin Natividad

Mongolia’s Batgerel Danaa (8-2) — who defeated future UFC contender Kai Kara-France in his third professional fight — saw a three-fight win streak come to an end in an entertaining but unsuccessful Octagon debut against Alatengheili. His next effort proved quite a bit more successful, as he leveled The Ultimate Fighter (TUF): “Latin America” veteran Guido Cannetti with a vicious left hook.
    He stands an inch taller than “Quicksand” at 5’7.”
    Kevin Natividad (9-2) put together a five-fight win streak to earn a spot in the Octagon, knocking out three of his opponents in the process. Though a COVID-19 diagnosis scrapped a planned debut against Brian Kelleher, he made his first UFC walk a month later against Miles Johns, who knocked him out with an uppercut.
    He has knocked out five pro foes and submitted one other.
    This is a genuine sleeper contender for Fight of the Night, a clash between two close-quarters bruisers with enough wrestling chops to mix things up if needed. This will likely come down to durability, which seems to be on Batgerel’s side. Indeed, the Mongolian is as tough as they come, while Natividad is coming off a nasty knockout loss and once got stopped in nine seconds.
    Natividad has a shot if he can consistently get his takedowns going, but Batgerel’s no slouch at keeping it standing, so Natividad will likely be forced to trade hands. Expect an absolute slugfest with an abrupt ending as Batgerel turns out the lights.
    Prediction: Batgerel via second round technical knockout
    Related
    UFC Tickets May Lead To Death (Seriously)

155 lbs.: Rodrigo Vargas vs. Zhu Rong

Rodrigo Vargas (11-4) capped off a 7-1 run with an 18-second head kick knockout of UFC veteran Mike De La Torre to secure a place in the Octagon. “Kazula” continues to chase his first promotional victory, however, dropping a decision to Alex da Silva and illegally kneeing his way to a disqualification loss against Brok Weaver.
    All but one of his pro wins have come inside the distance, seven by form of knockout.
    China’s Zhu Rong (17-3) enters the cage this Saturday having won 10 straight since a 2018 loss to Guilherme Cadena. He last saw action in Jan. 2021, knocking out Bideliya for the ninth stoppage of his current streak.
    He’ll enjoy three inches of height and a slight bit of reach on Vargas.
    I tab Rongzhu as the most promising of the new Chinese signings — he’s remarkably polished and dangerous at just 21 years old. That said, this is far from a walkover, as his tendency to get backed against the fence seemingly opens the doors for Vargas’ takedowns. While Rongzhu has solid takedown defense and knows how to get up off his back, it’s not infeasible that Vargas could run out the clock with conservative top control.
    That’s a pessimistic view, admittedly; however, at the end of the day, Rongzhu is still the far more dangerous striker and has the tools to shut down Vargas’ grappling offense. Rongzhu’s power and engine allow him to control an increasingly one-sided striking match as his sprawl-and-brawl breaks down Vargas.
    Prediction: Rongzhu via unanimous decision
    Related
    Video: Countdown To UFC 261 Replay

125 lbs.: Qileng Aori vs. Jeff Molina

Qileng Aori (18-6) enters the cage this Saturday having won 10 of his last 11 and avenged the lone defeat in that span. His current six-fight win streak also saw him claim the WLF W.A.R.S. Bantamweight title in 2019.
    The “Mongolian Murderer” fights for the first time in 15 months.
    Jeff Molina (8-2) went from 1-2 as a professional to 7-2 in the span of three years, resulting in a Contender Series opportunity against Fury FC champ Jacob Silva. Molina would up out-striking Silva over three impressive rounds to secure a UFC contract despite the lack of a finish.
    “El Jefe” has submitted five professional foes and knocked out two others.
    Unfortunately for my attempts at analysis, I couldn’t find any footage of Aori’s fights since 2018. Based on what I’ve seen, he looks like a stalking puncher with a habit of throwing from the hip, which should give the highly mobile Molina plenty of opportunities to land his counters. While Aori is the bigger hitter, his defensive lapses make it likely that Molina lands the more telling blows.
    Aori could very well have made considerable strides these last few years, so writing him off is a bad idea, but the stylistic matchup is too far in Molina’s favor for me to pin my hopes on that possibility. In the end, Molina picks him apart at long range for a comfortable decision.
    Prediction: Molina via unanimous decision
    Related
    Latest UFC 261 Fight Card, PPV Lineup

115 lbs.: Liang Na vs. Ariane Carnelossi

China’s Liang Na (15-4) ran into future standouts like Liliya Shakirova, Juliana Velasquez, and Mariya Agapova before putting together her current 6-1 run. She last saw action in Jan. 2021, catching countrywoman Liu Mengnan with the fifth armbar of her professional career.
    Twelve of her 13 professional finishes came in the first round.
    Ariane Carnelossi (12-2) put a debut loss to Amanda Ribas behind her with 12 consecutive wins, eight of them by form of knockout. Her efforts set up a UFC clash with Angela Hill, who defeated the Brazilian via cut stoppage.
    This will be the first fight for “Sorriso” in 19 months.
    Like Aori, I couldn’t find any fights of hers more recent than 2018, but Liang appears to be one of the most single-minded submission artists you’re likely to see in the modern era. She’ll shoot within seconds, even pulling guard if she has to, before chasing armbars, chokes, and heel hooks with reckless abandon. Unfortunately, her style has consistently fallen short against capable opponents, and the ultra-violent Carnelossi definitely fits the bill.
    Liang surprising “Sorriso” with a quick-kill submission isn’t totally out of the question, but between Carnelossi’s power and takedown defense, she’s far likelier to get smashed on the feet or pounded out from guard while looking for armbars. Either way, Carnelossi polishes her off early.
    Prediction: Carnelossi via first round technical knockout
    Related
    UFC 261 Poster Drops For ‘Usman Vs Masvidal 2’

135 lbs.: Jamey Simmons vs. Johnny Munoz Jr.

Jamey Simmons (7-3) — who’d won five of six coming in — made a three-week turnaround to face Giga Chikadze on short notice. Though bold, the move failed to pay off, as Chikadze puts him away with a head kick and ground-and-pound late in the first round.
    He steps in for Mark Striegl on one month’s notice.
    After nearly one year on the sidelines, Johnny Munoz Jr. (10-1) stepped up to fight Nate Maness on short notice in Aug. 2020. Though he managed to dominate the opening round on the mat, he ultimately ran out of steam, allowing Maness to turn the tables and walk away with the decision.
    His pro finishes are split 6:2 between submissions and (technical) knockouts.
    Simmons’ first UFC fight pitted him against a significantly larger and exponentially more seasoned striker. His second pits him against a world-class submission artist with some wrestling chops of his own.
    Sometimes you’re the hammer, sometimes you’re the nail.
    To Simmons’ credit, he’s fighting someone closer to his size this time and has a shot if Munoz’s cardio issues flair up again. Unfortunately for him, it’s unlikely this even lasts long enough for that to come up. In short, Munoz wraps up his neck in the opening round.
    Prediction: Munoz via first-round submission

170 lbs.: Alex Oliveira vs. Randy Brown

Alex Oliveira (22-9-1) clawed his way out of a three-fight skid with consecutive victories over Max Griffin and Peter Sobotta, claiming his only decision victories since 2016 in the process. “Cowboy” failed to make it three straight, however, tapping to a Shavkat Rakhmonov guillotine in Oct. 2020.
    He’s ended 17 pro fights inside the distance, 12 of them by form of knockout.
    Randy Brown (12-4) rebounded from a destructive loss to Niko Price with impressive finishes of Bryan Barberena and Warrley Alves, the latter of which earned him a “Performance of the Night” bonus. This led to a clash with all-action slugger Vicente Luque, who handed Brown the second (technical) knockout loss of his career.
    “Rude Boy” will have four inches of height and 1.5 inches of reach on Oliveira.
    “Cowboy” definitely seems to be hitting the point of diminishing returns. He fades late with clockwork regularity and has struggled to find the early finish in recent years, instead relying on static top control when forced past the first round. That’s not going to cut it against Brown, who’s adept enough on the feet to survive the early blitz and has the motor to take over down the stretch.
    Oliveira could always catch Brown cold, but it’s increasingly difficult to put faith in the Brazilian after his recent defeats. On the contrary, Brown potshots his way to a progressively more one-sided decision.
    Prediction: Brown via unanimous decision
    Related
    UFC Tickets May Lead To Death (Seriously)

170 lbs.: Dwight Grant vs. Stefan Sekulic

Dwight Grant (10-3) followed up his successful appearance on “Contender Series” with wins in two of his first three Octagon bouts, the lone loss a controversial one to Zak Ottow. “The Body Snatcher” started strong against Daniel Rodriguez in his most recent effort, but ultimately succumbed to “D-Rod’s” power halfway through the first round.
    He’s knocked out seven opponents as a professional.
    After putting together an 8-1 stretch on the European circuit, Stefan Sekulic (12-3) stepped up on short notice to face Ramazan Emeev in the Octagon. Despite his best efforts, he struggled with Emeev’s wrestling en route to a unanimous decision loss.
    This will be his first fight in 2.5 years.
    The gap between Grant’s power and his willingness to actually use it continues to amaze and flummox me. The man can clearly crack, but his complete lack of urgency allows opponents free rein to put together their own offense. Worse, the way he punched himself out against Rodriguez suggests that he lacks the gas tank to actually throw a reasonable amount of volume.
    Though Sekulic is coming off a big layoff and wasn’t particularly eye-catching against Emeev, Grant’s own inconsistency and low output have me smelling an upset. This is more gut than anything, but I like Sekulic to grind his way to a narrow victory.
    Prediction: Sekulic via split decision
    Related
    Latest UFC 261 Fight Card, PPV Lineup

185 lbs.: Karl Roberson vs. Brendan Allen

Karl Roberson (9-3) bounced back from a 1-2 skid with consecutive wins over Wellington Turman and Roman Kopylov, handing the latter the first loss of his pro career in the process. Then came a series of attempts to pit him against Marvin Vettori, who ultimately choked Roberson out in their June 2020 clash.
    “Baby K” gives up one inch of height and reach to “All In.”
    After claiming and defending the LFA Middleweight title, Brendan Allen (15-4) punched his ticket to UFC by choking out Aaron Jeffery on “Contender Series.” He rattled off three straight wins to start his Octagon career, including a second-round finish of Kevin Holland, before falling short against the resurgent Sean Strickland.
    Thirteen of his professional wins have come inside the distance, eight of them by form of submission.
    While Roberson’s offensive wrestling remains a legitimate threat, the Vettori fight was the latest to demonstrate that his takedown defense isn’t up to snuff. That’s bad news against Allen, who boasts a lethal submission game and enough skill on the feet to hold his own until the opportunity to grapple arises. To make matters worse, Roberson seemingly lacks one-shot power despite his kickboxing pedigree, so he’s unlikely to hurt Allen enough to dissuade him from a takedown-heavy gameplan.
    Like Cezar “Mutante,” Glover Teixeira, Wellington Turman and Vettori before him, Allen has the tools to put Roberson on his back early and often. From there, it’s just a matter of time before he forces the tap.
    Prediction: Allen via first round submission
    Related
    Video: Countdown To UFC 261 Replay

145 lbs.: Pat Sabatini vs. Tristan Connelly

Pat Sabatini (13-3) claimed and defended the CFFC Featherweight title before losing it via arm injury just 46 seconds into his second defense. After bouncing back with a knockout of Jordan Titoni, he reclaimed his title by tapping Jesse Stirn in Dec. 2020.
    His 10 professional submission wins include seven by rear-naked choke.
    Less than two months after claiming the Rise FC Lightweight title, Tristan Connelly (14-6) moved up 15 pounds on short notice to face Michel Pereira. Despite the size disadvantage and a strong start from “Demolidor”, Connelly took over down the stretch with his wrestling to score a shocking upset.
    Saturday’s bout ends a 19-month hiatus for “Boondock.”
    Connelly really isn’t getting any favors here, going up against a similarly potent wrestler and submission artist with some decent standup skills to boot. To make matters worse, he’s coming off a lengthy layoff and is making his first cut to 145 pounds in more than a half-decade; Sabatini would be rough for him even at the best of times, and the unfavorable circumstances turn this from a tall task into a borderline insurmountable one.
    Sabatini is younger, at least Connelly’s match in most areas of the game, and has far less baggage weighing him down. In the end, his quality chain-wrestling carries him to Connelly’s back and a first-round tapout.
    Prediction: Sabatini via first round submission
    Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SmellMyFinger
    SmellMyFinger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3316

idk how ppl can be comfortable parlaying usman atthis price when he gets clipped so often bi lesser strikers than masvidal
    i might be bias as a mas fan but usman is getting close to -500, masvidal stuffed A LOT of takedowns on short notice last time at +350 i think there is some value on him, if he wins 3 of 10 vs usman long term there is clear value here, usman has to win more than 82% of the time at these odds, and as dominat as he is on the gound, the skill gap on the feet is sifginicant enough for me to take a small shot
    best of luck to all

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Well if you think Masvidal can tap that chin the KO prop is around +400 on most books.. If Usman is wrestling and trying hard for take downs constantly for all 5 rounds he could gas late and maybe get clipped on the chin and dropped late. Big if though. It didn't happen in the first fight. Masvidal was on his back and gassing out himself.

Masvidal's kryptonite has always been strong wrestlers. Masvidal isn't getting any younger now at age 36 either.

I could actually see Usman pounding out or sub out Masvidal with a RNC late. Who knows though? The logical bet is Usman by decision again like in the first fight.

Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-23-21 at 02:15 PM.

magpie878

Quote Originally Posted by SmellMyFinger View Post
    idk how ppl can be comfortable parlaying usman atthis price when he gets clipped so often bi lesser strikers than masvidal
    i might be bias as a mas fan but usman is getting close to -500, masvidal stuffed A LOT of takedowns on short notice last time at +350 i think there is some value on him, if he wins 3 of 10 vs usman long term there is clear value here, usman has to win more than 82% of the time at these odds, and as dominat as he is on the gound, the skill gap on the feet is sifginicant enough for me to take a small shot
    best of luck to all
    The large ML is precisely WHY he's in parlays instead of straight ML bets in many cases. I've never read or heard anyone say "Usman gets clipped so often" until now, but you're entitled to your opinion.

And if the value's on Masvidal, who's only shot is a KO/TKO, why would you bet his ML? In case he tries a sub?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Usman got better with his standup since the last fight also. Might be able to hang with Masvidal standing this go around if need be.

frankieunits2685

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Usman got better with his standup since the last fight also. Might be able to hang with Masvidal standing this go around if need be.
    I don't think Usman is going to stand and bang with Masvidal like he did in the Colby fight.

209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

Nobody likes underdog cowboy oliveira here against Randy Brown?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by 209 Life View Post
    Nobody likes underdog cowboy oliveira here against Randy Brown?
    Never know which Cowboy shows up in fights? Hit and miss.. I'm giving him a chance in this one for sure. Randy Brown isn't a world beater.

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Alex-Oliveira-110143

SmellMyFinger
    SmellMyFinger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3316

masvidal by ko is +400 and ml got to +355 im not getting greedy on the prop just because i've seen to much crazy stuff happen in this sport and i dont thing the diference in covers the other possible outcomes + xfactors, also regarding the itd prop on usman, the price seems tempting, but i don't see mas getting finished here at all, most likey itd outcome for usman is doctor stoppige from cuts, if he gets constant takedowns and slices him up with elbows. other than that if he dances too long on the feet with masvidal i trust mas to shut his lights out, this is probably the last title fight of his career, would validate a lot of hard work that he done and bias as i may be im rooting for him
    Don't get me wrong here. I like Usman ML in parlays. I don't necessarily think he'll win ITD, but I think he's going to try, unlike other times. It's only worth a cheap bet to me. This is one of the rare times I believe what the fighter is saying leading up to the big fight.

Pinoy-T-X
    Pinoy-T-X's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21609

I really hope I am wrong on this one.
    I just realized that this fight is in Florida.
    It’s a recipe for disaster if the Usman vs Masdival fight goes to the scorecards.
    Masvidal having home court advantage with a combination of Florida corrupt judging.

1234 ... Last