mcfugly
    mcfugly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 411

Espino vs Romanov - dispute

Hi guys,

I had a bet on to go the distance - Yes at +200 in the Romanov vs Espino fight.

The fight ended in the 3rd (1:05 of the 3rd) due to a knee to the groin by espino.

The bookie has graded it as a loss, which I don't feel is right whatsoever. Their rules state that the number of rounds must be fully completed. As the fight was past the 2:30 mark of the 2nd, and the knee was unintentional, fight went to a decision and the third round was scored. I feel that this counts as a completed round, as there was no TKO, submission, or DQ. To me this should be graded as a win, as the "number of rounds", which is 3, were completed.

The rules on my bookie's website for "to go the distance" are below:

Will Fight go the Distance?

If for any reason the number of rounds in a fight is changed then bets already placed will be void and stakes returned.

For settlement purposes the official designated number of rounds must be fully completed for bets to be settled as Yes.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I'm having issues with betrivers right now. They originally graded the ITD as a win and now they took my money back and have the bet open.

mcfugly

I feel that the fact that they state "number of rounds" must be completed, clearly means that this should be graded as a win. If it said "full time in all rounds", then I would agree with their judegment.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

If anything, all bets on the fight should be voided.

mcfugly

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I'm having issues with betrivers right now. They originally graded the ITD as a win and now they took my money back and have the bet open.
    Could you post the rules on your bookie? Curious

mcfugly

I can’t see how they can decide that the 3rd round was not complete, when the UFC rules state that if the 3rd round has begun, it will be included in the scoring of the fight.

Obviously in the case of a DQ, this is different. But the fight was scored as a decision (not a DQ), and all 3 rounds were scored. The 3rd was scored as well, based on action up to the point of the groin strike

mcfugly

The bookie got back to me and basically said that they have reviewed it and it is assessed as a loss. Is there any recourse I can pursue? I don’t feel that this is right. I’m not even bothered by the money lost, but out of principle I feel that this is at worst a void result. I will absolutely never be using them again if this result is not changed.

The book is bet365 by the way

Wohlford
    Wohlford's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Unless all 300 seconds tick off of every round, then, as worded, the round was not "fully completed."

Conversely, look into how your book scored the ITD bets. I don't think they should be able to have it both ways.