mcfugly
    mcfugly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 411

Espino vs Romanov - bet dispute with b365

Hi guys,

I had a bet on to go the distance - Yes at +200 in the Romanov vs Espino fight.

The fight ended in the 3rd (1:05 of the 3rd) due to an accidental knee to the groin by espino. In the UFC the rules are as follows for these kind of circumstances (in a 3 round fight):
    - If the fight is past the 2:30 mark of the 2nd, it will not be scored a no-contest
    - If the 3rd and final round has begun (at all), this round will be scored based on the action up to this point in the decision result

The bookie has graded it as a loss, which I don't feel is correct. Their rules state that the number of rounds must be fully completed. As the final round had begun, and fight was past the 2:30 mark of the 2nd (and the knee was unintentional - negating a DQ result), the fight went to a decision and the third round was scored. I feel that this counts as a completed round, as there was no TKO, submission, NC or DQ. To me this should be graded as a win, as the "number of rounds", which is 3, were completed, as evidenced by the fact that all 3 rounds were scored. I feel that at the very worst, this bet should be settled as void and stake returned. Thoughts? What are my possible actions for recourse here? I have contacted them already and been told that it is a loss, despite explaining the rules.

The rules on my bookie's website for "to go the distance" are below:

Will Fight go the Distance?

If for any reason the number of rounds in a fight is changed then bets already placed will be void and stakes returned.

For settlement purposes the official designated number of rounds must be fully completed for bets to be settled as Yes.

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

I feel like it should be a push. If It was ruled a DQ then it should be a loss, but I don’t feel you can win for saying it will go the distance without the full 15 minutes being completed.

mcfugly

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    I feel like it should be a push. If It was ruled a DQ then it should be a loss, but I don’t feel you can win for saying it will go the distance without the full 15 minutes being completed.
    Thanks for your input. I would be fine with accepting a push result to be honest. But being graded as a loss, just feels wrong to me. I will 100% be moving on from b365 and never coming back if this is not changed. I have been with them for years and needless to say, have given them a lot. But out of principle, I will be done with them for good if this is not resolved.

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

I think it should be void based on the rules posted.

Although if I was betting on go the distance I would assume every round has to be fully played.

mcfugly

Does anyone know if there are any resources or contacts through SBR that can assist in cases like this? Or am I just subject to the bookie's decision and that's that? Clearly I'm not the only one that feels this should not be graded as a loss based on their own rules.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15015

WHat am I missing here....you bet the fight to go the distance, it didn’t & was graded a loss & they paid out

inside the distance
    wagers?

Unrivaled

Actually on further look it should be graded a loss. The number of rounds didn't change and it ended early.

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15077

The fight ended via technical decision which is inside the distance. You lost

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

You lost. Get over it.

mcfugly

Thanks for the input. I guess I kind of felt like a technical decision made at a point in the final round where that round is scored, would count as a completed round. I can see what you guys are saying though

Unfortunate because I predicted the fight to go exactly as it went, so pretty nice odds at +200. I guess I’ll have to consider that next time I make a bet on going the distance though

mcfugly

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    You lost. Get over it.
    Damn bruh, going through a rough time in my life, no need to be an asshole

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by mcfugly View Post
    Damn bruh, going through a rough time in my life, no need to be an asshole
    Charger's right but keep your head up McFuggs if you're going through hell.... just keep going

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    WHat am I missing here....you bet the fight to go the distance, it didn’t & was graded a loss & they paid out

inside the distance
    wagers?
    It was something that rarely happens and is not covered in the rules he posted. There was a knee to the nuts in the 3rd round but it was not illegal. Romanov couldn't walk from the hit. A knee from a heavyweight to your nuts can cause a lot of damage. So the fight couldn't contunue to go the distance due to an injury. But the fight was scored up to the point it ended because the hit was not illegal and it couldn't be scored NC (no contest).

So it should be graded as a push as this scenario is not covered in the book's rules.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

A technical decision means they are basing the fight on the scores of the previous rounds, the round in which the bout ended would not be included in the scoring.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19443

It didn't go the distance; that's a loss.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

A technical decision means they are basing the fight on the scores of the previous rounds, the round in which the bout ended would not be included in the scoring.
    You need to read the scorecard. They scored the 3rd round. This is why all judges had the fight 29-28 Romanov.

mcfugly

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    You need to read the scorecard. They scored the 3rd round. This is why all judges had the fight 29-28 Romanov.
    Exactly. Thanks for clarifying that for him pavy. To update, they actually refunded me the stake in good faith, so good on b365

mcfugly

Incorrect. If the round has begun, it is included in the scoring. Read the Unified MMA rules.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Exactly. Thanks for clarifying that for him pavy. To update, they actually refunded me the stake in good faith, so good on b365
    wow that's customer service nicely done b365

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

Does UFC themselves have anything on whether a round was "completed", if it was scored by the judges before the time limit? I would defer to that.

Without knowing UFC scoring rules, I would believe the no is the winning on "goes the distance", and the yes is the winner on "goes to a decision".

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 31712

bet365 top notch and always great customer service. Maybe best bookmaker in the world now

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Bubble gum book

TrevMargo
    TrevMargo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Wow good on them, they must have graded it as ITD for everyone who bet the other side so they prob lost some margin on this bet

Unrivaled

Yes, Bet365 is very fair.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

its a square book and they know you will lose 10x more so a good move

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!