THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

UFC on ABC 2: Vettori vs. Holland (April 10, 2021)

ABC 3:00 pm ET
    Marvin Vettori vs. Kevin Holland
    Arnold Allen vs. Sodiq Yusuff
    Kyle Daukaus vs. Aliaskhab Khizriev
    Sam Alvey vs. Julian Marquez
    Nina Ansaroff vs. Mackenzie Dern
    Mike Perry vs. Daniel Rodriguez

ESPN+ 12:00 pm ET
    Jim Miller vs. Joe Solecki
    Mateusz Gamrot vs. Scott Holtzman
    Norma Dumont vs. Erin Blanchfield
    Ignacio Bahamondes vs. John Makdessi
    Jarjis Danho vs. Yorgan De Castro
    Hunter Azure vs. Jack Shore
    Jordan Griffin vs. Luis Saldana
    William Knight vs. Da Un Jung
    Impa Kasanganay vs. Sasha Palatnikov

Last edited by THE_LOCKSMITH; 04-08-21 at 02:41 PM.

frankieunits2685
    frankieunits2685's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2021

Thanks Lock, and Happy Easter.

I was thoroughly looking forward to Till-Vettori and also betting Vettori with much better odds... can't do anything about it now.

KingHawkins
    KingHawkins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21284

Bahamondes, Azure, Allen, Ansaroff, Daukaus and Gamrot all on my radar for action this card.

In One on Wednesday, I bought some Iuri Lapicus at +190 over an aging Eddie Alvarez, and this dude Oumar Kane (-350) should smash..
    Nothing for me on the Bellator card Friday, but should be a watchable card.

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7061

So quickly the odds turn on Holland after one mental, ugly loss... and Vettori should whoop him.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave magpie878 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

This is a pretty good card, hopefully they don't lose too many of these fights. Smart marketing by the UFC leading off the ABC card with Crazy Mike Perry. Yussuf vs Allen should be a great fight.

WolfTicketDealer
    WolfTicketDealer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7615

Going to probably just play props in the Main. Thinking Vettori by sub with a sprinkle on UD. Pretty tough stylistic matchup for Holland.

frankieunits2685

Quote Originally Posted by WolfTicketDealer View Post
    Going to probably just play props in the Main. Thinking Vettori by sub with a sprinkle on UD. Pretty tough stylistic matchup for Holland.
    Vettori by Sub, I like it.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by WolfTicketDealer View Post
    Agreed. Think people are overreacting to Holland's last fight a bit but this is a very tricky one for him. Kind of hoping Vettori dominates and we can get good odds on Holland KO/TKO against a lower level opponent sometime soon.

hankcream

I don't pay enough attention to the females in the UFC, but why is Mackenzie Dern an underdog?

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by hankcream View Post
    I don't pay enough attention to the females in the UFC, but why is Mackenzie Dern an underdog?

At least two of Nina Ansaroff's "losses" were straight up robberies.

frankieunits2685

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Which 2? I agree the Kish fight, most likely should have gone to Ansaroff.

hankcream

Do you think Ansaroff is better than that Jandiroba girl that Dern beat in her last fight? I don't recall any of Ansaroff's fights - I'll have to go back and watch them before pulling the trigger on this one. Mybe I'm missing something but Dern is a world champion in BJJ and did pretty well striking in her last fight, I just think the line is off, especially since Ansaroff is coming off a loss 2 years ago.

Sanity Check

Ansaroff is coming off a loss 2 years ago.
    A loss to the best wrestler in the division.

If not one of the best current wrestlers in all of woman's MMA.

Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Sanity Check 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

Do you think Ansaroff is better than that Jandiroba girl that Dern beat in her last fight? I don't recall any of Ansaroff's fights - I'll have to go back and watch them before pulling the trigger on this one. Mybe I'm missing something but Dern is a world champion in BJJ and did pretty well striking in her last fight, I just think the line is off, especially since Ansaroff is coming off a loss 2 years ago.
    She's not better than Jandiroba but it's a totally different style matchup.

Hugo de Naranja

A loss to the best wrestler in the division.

If not one of the best current wrestlers in all of woman's MMA.

The best and it's not even close.

Sanity Check

Yap. Agree 100%.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Sanity Check 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

hankcream

Oops, didn't realize Ansaroff was Amanda Nunes wife/partner. Glad I didn't load up on Dern early. Ansaroff did just had a baby, so I'll wait to see what they look like on the scales.

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

Daukaus vs Khazriev fight off
    was looking forward to that one!
    hope we dont lose too many more along the way I like these big fight cards
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave sosawestbrook 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    Me too! Damn. Sounds like it will be rescheduled for a future card.

hankcream

Early start to this thing: Prelims - 9am, Main Card - Noon (Vegas time)

2 Dog plays so far: William Knight +118 & Mike Perry +137
    Perry looks and sounds like a sane person

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Early start I see. Hmmm?

Prelim write ups -

265 lbs.: Yorgan de Castro vs. Jarjis Danho

Yorgan de Castro (6-2) followed his massive upset of Alton Meeks on “Contender Series” with a one-punch knockout of Justin Tafa in the Octagon, securing “Performance of the Night” in the process. Subsequent bouts proved less successful, as both Greg Hardy and Carlos Felipe out-worked “The Mad Titan” down the stretch en route to decision victories.
    Five of his six professional victories have come by form of knockout.
    Syria’s Jarjis Danho (5-1-1) secured five finishes in five victories en route to the Octagon, where he dropped a technical decision to Daniel Omielanczuk in his debut. Then came Danish kickboxer Christian Columbo, who fought “Man Mountain” to a majority draw in Hamburg.
    This will be his first fight in 4.5 years.
    Danho was a bottom-of-the-barrel Heavyweight even before his massive layoff, skating by on raw physical strength and functional wrestling in lieu of any technical craft or cardio. All de Castro has to do to win is actually bother to throw punches, which is far from a given; the man threw 41 significant strikes in the first round against Greg Hardy and a combined 28 over the next 10 minutes.
    Even with de Castro’s bad habits, this is way too big a “gimme” for me to pick against him. Unless Danho’s spent the last half-decade fundamentally reinventing himself into a contender, de Castro chops him down with low kicks and power punches within five minutes.
    Prediction: de Castro via first-round technical knockout
    Related
    Up Next! Holland Has ‘Italian Dream’ In Vegas

135 lbs.: Hunter Azure vs. Jack Shore

Just two months after earning a UFC contract with a decision over Chris Ocon, Hunter Azure (9-1) started his Octagon career off right by doing the same to The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) winner Brad Katona. Though a subsequent bout with Brian Kelleher didn’t go his way, he grinded his way past Cole Smith to return to the win column in September 2020. He faces the slightest of reach disadvantages against Wales’ “Tank.”
    Jack Shore (13-0) battered Mike Ekundayo to claim the Cage Warriors Bantamweight title in 2018, then proved similarly dominant in his inaugural title defense against Scott Malone. His efforts sent him to the Octagon, where he’s choked out Nohelin Hernandez and Aaron Phillips.
    His 12 professional finishes are split 8:4 between submissions and knockouts.
    I genuinely consider Shore one of the best prospects in a division absolutely choked with talent, and while he hasn’t gotten the chance to prove that against noteworthy foes, that figures to change this weekend. He’s every bit the wrestler Azure is, but with the added bonus of far crisper striking and a much more dangerous submission game. Azure’s only hope is to try and grind him out from the top, and Shore is too damn seasoned and skilled to let that happen.
    Frankly, I see this as far more one-sided than the bookies do. In short, expect Shore’s experience, versatility and technical savvy to carry him to a middle-round finish.
    Prediction: Shore via second-round submission
    Related
    Holland Promises To ‘Step It Up’ Against Vettori

145 lbs.: Luis Saldana vs. Jordan Griffin

Luis Saldana (14-6) went from losing five of eight to scoring three consecutive finishes, which set up a “Contender Series” opportunity opposite Vince Murdock. After two dominant rounds, he floored Murdock with a pair of front kicks to secure a spot in UFC.
    All of his professional victories have come inside the distance, eight of them by submission.
    Jordan Griffin (18-8) proved just as vicious as his nom de guerre would suggest on “Contender Series,” dropping Maurice Mitchell before choking him out in short order. He has struggled to find similar success in UFC, entering the cage this Saturday in the midst of a 1-3 skid.
    “Native Psycho” will have a 1.5-inch reach advantage despite being the shorter man.
    Watching Griffin struggle with a sharp, lengthy striker in Youssef Zalal, it’s hard to see him having much success against an even more technically savvy boxer. That said, Saldana’s takedown defense is something of an unknown quantity, and while Griffin isn’t the most reliable of takedown artists, he makes up for it with gusto. If Saldana isn’t prepared for 15 minutes of grind, this could go south for him in a hurry.
    Still, Saldana’s long-range striking looks sufficient to overcome Griffin’s blitzes and should keep him at too long a range for his wrestling to make an impact. Griffin’s tough enough to last the distance, but he’ll have to settle for that moral victory as Saldana pieces him up.
    Prediction: Saldana via unanimous decision
    Related
    Watch UFC Live Stream On ESPN+

205 lbs.: Da Un Jung vs. William Knight

Da Un Jung (13-2-1) announced his arrival in the Octagon with an upset submission of unbeaten Khadis Ibragimov, then took just 64 seconds to smash Mike Rodriguez his next time out. Sam Alvey proved a tougher nut to crack, holding Jung to a draw in Oct. 2020 and snapping a 12-fight win streak in the process.
    He stands six inches taller than William Knight (9-1) and will enjoy a 5.5-inch reach advantage.
    Though his initial knockout of Herdem Alacabek on “Contender Series” only earned Knight a developmental contract, he upgraded to the real thing with a first-round mauling of Cody Brundage. He kept his momentum up by defeating fellow series veteran Aleksa Camur in his Octagon debut, making his first trip to the judges in the process.
    He steps in for Shamil Gamzatov on short notice after two separate attempts to face Alonzo Menifield fell through.
    As I’ve mentioned elsewhere, Knight is a poor striker and a middling offensive wrestler, but makes up for it with this strange ability to make opponents want to initiate the grappling, at which point he wins the scramble and bashes them into submission with ground-and-pound. The boxing-focused Jung should hypothetically be able to avoid this pitfall, which automatically has me leaning his way. He tried for a few takedowns against Sam Alvey, yes, but Knight is a far less potent counter-puncher than Alvey, making it unlikely that “Knightmare” can similarly scare Jung away from the stand up.
    That leaves Knight at the mercy of a far taller and far rangier striker, one with serious power and enough craft to make use of it. So long as he doesn’t let Knight tee off on his lead leg with impunity and resists the siren call of takedowns, he boxes Knight into the ground.
    Prediction: Jung via first-round technical knockout
    Related
    Gina Carano’s Tweets Banished To A Galaxy Far Far Away

170 lbs.: Impa Kasanganay vs. Sasha Palatnikov

Though he left his initial “Contender Series” bout empty-handed despite a major upset of Kailan Hill, Impa Kasanganay (8-1) finally reached the Octagon with a decision over Anthony Adams. “Tshilobo” got off to a strong start by beating Maki Pitolo, but wound up on the wrong end of 2020’s “Knockout of the Year” against Joaquin Buckley.
    This will be his Featherweight debut.
    Sasha Palatnikov’s (6-2) UFC debut saw him make a two-month turnaround against Louis Cosce, who entered their fight as a colossal favorite after his impressive performance on “Contender series.” Undaunted, Palatnikov survived a wild first round to take over down the stretch and win their “Fight of the Night” via third-round technical knockout.
    Half of his professional wins have come by form of knockout.
    While Palatnikov deserves all the credit in the world for that impressive comeback, he’s still a very limited fighter who benefitted greatly from his opponent’s lack of a gas tank. He can’t expect the same from Kasanganay, who’s historically had zero issues fighting hard for 15 minutes. On top of that, Kasanganay has the wrestling skills to shut down Palatnikov’s usual takedown-heavy approach and can more than hold his own on the feet, essentially neutralizing all of Palatnikov’s potential avenues of victory.
    Kasanganay figures to be better just about everywhere; indeed, provided the weight cut doesn’t compromise his cardio, his usual blend of wrestling and power-punches should be more than enough to earn him a comfortable win.
    Prediction: Kasanganay via unanimous decision

155 lbs.: Jim Miller vs. Joe Solecki

Jim Miller (32-15) — who’d lost five of his previous six bouts — proved he still had something left in the tank with a 3-1 run that featured three submission finishes and two post-fight bonuses. Despite a hot start, he couldn’t quite make it 4-1, dropping a unanimous decision to Vinc Pichel in Aug. 2020.
    He stands one inch shorter than Joe Solecki (10-2) at 5’8,” though he’ll have a half-inch reach advantage.
    Solecki secured a spot in UFC by choking out James Wallace, setting up a one-sided debut victory over Matt Wiman five months later. He was even more dominant against Austin Hubbard his next time out, dispatching “Thud” via first-round rear-naked choke.
    The victory marked his fifth by rear-naked choke and seventh by submission.
    It’s become clear that Miller simply can’t push his customary pace for three rounds anymore. He needs an early finish to walk away with a victory, and unfortunately for him, Solecki’s too damn sharp on the ground for him to find it. Even if Miller’s experience and sneakily dangerous striking let him take an early lead, already a mighty tall ask, it won’t be long before fatigue swings things right back in Solecki’s favor.
    While he’s probably still skilled enough to avoid getting tapped, Miller just doesn’t have the tools to put Solecki away before his gas tank empties. An initially even fight grows increasingly one-sided as Solecki holds his own on the feet and puts Miller through the wringer on the ground to win a wide decision.
    Prediction: Solecki via unanimous decision
    Related

155 lbs.: Scott Holtzman vs. Mateusz Gamrot

Scott Holtzman (14-4) battled his way up the Lightweight ladder with a 5-1 run, including a “Fight of the Night” decision over Jim Miller in Feb. 2020. The fun wasn’t to last, as Beneil Dariush handed Holtzman his first-ever knockout loss six months later via spinning backfist.
    “Hot Sauce” gives up an inch of height and more than two inches of reach to Gamrot.
    Poland’s Mateusz Gamrot (17-1) established himself as one of Europe’s premier fighters with a dominant run in KSW, where “Gamer” enjoyed a lengthy reign as Lightweight champion and also claimed the Featherweight title with a decision over Kleber Koike Erbst. Despite the momentum, his UFC debut resulted in his first-ever professional defeat against Guram Kutateladze, though he did walk away with a “Fight of the Night” bonus.
    His nine pro stoppages include five by (technical) knockout.
    Though he’s improved leaps and bounds in that area since his early Octagon days, Holtzman remains vulnerable to the sort of takedown-heavy onslaught that is Gamrot’s bread and butter. To make matters worse for “Hot Sauce,” Gamrot can hold his own on the feet as well, further setting up his grinding takedown attack.
    Holtzman just seems incapable of recreating Kutateladze’s dynamic sprawl-and-brawl effort, being a more straightforward boxer with seemingly lesser scrambling ability. If Gamrot’s confidence remains intact after his first taste of defeat and he isn’t daunted by Holtzman’s ostensible weight advantage, a 15-minute grind puts him in the UFC win column.
    Prediction: Gamrot via unanimous decision
    Related
    Holland Promises To ‘Step It Up’ Against Vettori

135 lbs.: Norma Dumont vs. Erin Blanchfield

Norma Dumont (5-1) started her UFC career at Featherweight where she fell victim to a Megan Anderson right hand in her promotional debut. Though she missed weight in her sophomore bout with Ashlee Evans-Smith, she nonetheless managed to punch her way to a comfortable decision.
    She’ll enjoy a three-inch height advantage, though she possesses the shorter reach of the two.
    Erin Blanchfield (6-1) — whose grappling credentials include victories in NAGA and the Eddie Bravo Invitational — won three straight in the cage before losing a questionable decision to future “Contender Series” graduate Tracy Cortez. She’s since bounced back with another three-win streak that includes a head kick knockout of Victoria Leonardo in Feb. 2020.
    She steps in for Bea Malecki on less than two weeks’ notice.
    Between the short notice and Dumont’s considerable weight advantage, there’s a lot working against Blanchfield here, but I can’t bring myself to pick against her. “Cold-Blooded” boasts a much more impressive strength of schedule than Dumont, whose best win came over the profoundly mediocre Evans-Smith. She’s also got a clear edge on the ground and has improved her standup to the point where she should be able to keep up if the takedown isn’t immediately there.
    While Dumont’s size is a genuine issue, Blanchfield’s Brazilian jiu-jitsu pedigree and increasingly dangerous striking give her a serious shot at the upset. In the end, long stretches of top control win the day for the 21-year-old.
    Prediction: Blanchfield via unanimous decision
    Related
    Watch UFC Live Stream On ESPN+

155 lbs.: John Makdessi vs. Ignacio Bahamondes

John Makdessi (17-7) rebounded from a 2-4 skid with three consecutive victories, among them a “Fight of the Night” decision over Ross Pearson in Calgary. Win No. 4 proved beyond his grasp, however, thanks to a strong effort from hometown favorite Francisco Trinaldo in March 2020.
    “The Bull” stands seven inches shorter than Bahamondes and gives up nearly eight inches of reach.
    Ignacio Bahamondes (11-3) — the latest Chilean to join the world’s largest mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion — entered “Contender Series” having won six of his previous seven. He made it seven of eight in decisive fashion, smashing Edson Gomez with a front kick to secure a contract.
    The victory marked his eighth by knockout as a professional.
    On one hand, Bahamondes definitely still has some defensive lapses that a striking technician of Makdessi’s caliber could ruthlessly exploit. On the other, that’s a hell of a lot of height and reach to try and deal with, especially considering how adept Bahamondes is at punishing advancing foes with step-back counters. Bahamondes also appears to have more stopping power in his hands and feet, making it that much more difficult for Makdessi to make up the deficit in telling strikes during his brief windows of opportunity.
    Though he’s unquestionably a live dog and the best striker Bahamondes has yet faced, there’s just way too little going Makdessi’s way for me to pick him against a much bigger, much younger, and much more active fighter like Bahamondes. In short, “La Jaula” racks up damage at a distance to claim a comfortable victory.
    Prediction: Bahamondes via unanimous decision
    Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Main Card -

Middleweight: Kyle Daukaus vs. Aliaskhab Khizriev

Best Win for Daukaus? Dustin Stoltzfus For Khizriev? Rousimar Palhares
    Current Streak: Daukaus scored his first UFC win last time out, whereas Khizriev will make his debut at 13-0
    X-Factor: UFC jitters
    How these two match up: Don’t look now, but we might just have a fire Middleweight contest on our hands!
    Daukaus impressed in a losing effort in his UFC debut, taking the highly touted Brendan Allen to the limit on short-notice. He next righted the ship opposite Stoltzfus, showcasing a really well-rounded game between his ripping left body kicks, strong takedown chaining, and nasty back takes.
    Unlike a lot of “Contender Series” products, Khizriev made his name prior to stepping into UFC APEX. The former Fight Nights Global champion is an aggressive wrestler who focuses on ground striking, but he can definitely swing a big hook with power to help set up that takedown.
    This is likely to be a very competitive fight. Khizriev appears to have a rather high ceiling, as Russia’s “Black Wolf” has largely ran through his competition. However, a fair amount of his record amounts to can-crushing, and he seems a bit undersized at Middleweight.
    Picking against undefeated Russians is seldom a recipe for success in this sport, but I’m doing it here. Daukaus is a rough UFC debut for anyone, and he can fight anywhere and fight hard for three rounds. Even if he’s put on his back early, he’s unlikely to crumble beneath his foe’s pressure, and it’s going to be tough to wrestle a larger man for three rounds.
    Prediction: Daukaus via decision
    Related
    UFC Venum Fight Kits Are Now For Sale

Middleweight: Sam Alvey vs. Julian Marquez

Best Win for Alvey? Nate Marquardt For Marquez? Darren Stewart
    Current Streak: Alvey is on a five-fight winless streak — yet somehow, is still getting main card fights? — whereas Marquez returned to the win column last time out.
    X-Factor: Alvey is returning to 185 pounds after an unsuccessful stint at Light Heavyweight
    How these two match up: This is likely to be equal parts ugly and fun.
    Alvey ranks highly among my personal least favorite fighters to watch list. Let’s break it down: in the pros column, Alvey is extremely difficult to take down, and his counter right hook is deadly. Unfortunately, Alvey refuses to do much else besides wait for that hook to land, resulting in some truly painful staring matches over the years.
    Marquez, on the other hand, is a wild man. He charges after opponents and throws heavy punches-in-bunches, willingly exposing himself to big punches and takedowns to land his own offense.
    There is almost a 100 percent chance that Marquez runs directly into Alvey’s right hook. And he’ll probably do it more than once. It’s in his nature, and that punch is no joke — Alvey’s accumulated a tremendous 19 knockout wins largely because of that strike.
    Fortunately, “The Cuban Muscle Crisis” is a young fighter in his prime, and he’s thus far shown a very sturdy chin. Alvey is only four years older, but he’s also 40 fights deeper into his career, and he very much appears to be feeling that wear. In short, I’m not convinced that Alvey can finish when Marquez runs into his counter.
    Instead, Marquez likely endures, forces his foe into exhaustion, and pulls away with a higher work rate over time.
    Prediction: Marquez via knockout
    Related

Women’s Strawweight: Nina Ansaroff vs. Mackenzie Dern

Best Win for Ansaroff? Claudia Gadelha For Dern? Virna Jandiroba
    Current Streak: Ansaroff lost her last bout in June 2019, whereas Dern has won three straight
    X-Factor: Ansaroff is returning from a long layoff and pregnancy
    How these two match up: This is actually a pretty great match up to see where both women are at.
    Is Ansaroff still a top contender? When she last competed, Ansaroff was in the title hunt, showcasing an advanced level of kickboxing with seriously stout takedown defense. However, at 35 years old following a nearly two-year layoff, one has to wonder if she still has it. On the other side of the spectrum, is Dern ready to break into the title mix? She’s come a long way since her loss to Amanda Ribas, but the Brazilian jiu-jitsu master’s kickboxing is still a work in progress, and her wrestling a bit unproven.
    Potentially over-the-hill vs. potentially not there yet — which woman proves herself ready for the top-tier of the division in 2021?
    As a general rule, it’s better to side with the young up-and-comer, but Ansaroff’s style is really perfect to diffuse Dern. She moves her feet smartly and puts together dangerous combinations. The gameplan she executed masterfully opposite Claudia Gadelha is the ideal strategy to take out Dern, who will need to pull off something spectacular to throw Ansaroff off ... assuming she’s still near the top of her game.
    Prediction: Ansaroff via decision

Welterweight: Mike Perry vs. Daniel Rodriguez

Best Win for Perry? Paul Felder For Rodriguez? Tim Means
    Current Streak: Both men lost their last bout
    X-Factor: Will Perry ever get his s—t together?
    How these two match up: A knockout is likely between these two sluggers.
    I am tired, dear readers. For years, I’ve written about how naturally talented Perry is as a fighter, a tremendously powerful puncher with great counter striking timing and an iron chin. Unfortunately, he continues to squander those gifts, and at this point, it’s tough to tell if any of that ability remains after years of poor dieting and punches to the dome.
    Rodriguez, meanwhile, found himself a bit flustered by Nicolas Dalby’s range strikes and refusal to trade last time out. Prior to that loss, however, Rodriguez picked up a solid trio of wins on the strength of his heavy hands.
    One year ago, I surely would have picked Perry to win this bout. He’s likely the better wrestler by a fair margin, and Perry’s jawline is iron. However, he’s just not trustworthy ... at all. Maybe Perry’s new camp will make all the difference, but at this point, it’s been several years since Perry knocked out anyone, and his cardio isn’t good enough to grind Rodriguez to a decision win.
    I hope Perry can put on a good performance, but I’m about hoping “Platinum” can pull it together. While he’s been screwing around, Rodriguez has been winning tough fights, and he’s going to seriously test his foe’s chin regardless of his focus.
    Prediction: Rodriguez via decision
    Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

frankieunits2685

Yes, early start time. I am assuming because the first night of Wrestlemania is 8pm EST on Saturday, too.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by frankieunits2685 View Post
    Yes, early start time. I am assuming because the first night of Wrestlemania is 8pm EST on Saturday, too.
    I'm never thrilled with early start times. I don't like spending my Saturday mornings watching the fights. Would rather watch them at night and drink.

hankcream

Fu** it, cashed in some Bitcoin profits, it's time to make a little $$ on this card:
    4.35 units Yusuff - 145
    2 units William Knight +118
    2.5 units Impa K ITD +175
    1 unit Mike Perry +137
    1 unit Parlay - Impa, Gamrot, Shore, +225
    . 25 units Holland by KO/TKO/DQ +425
    .15 units Holland by Sub + 1200
    .05 units Ansaroff-DuMont-Nunnes to have a threesome +369

GL fight fans
    Last edited by hankcream; 04-09-21 at 10:11 AM.

frankieunits2685

Weigh-ins are going smoothly, so far.

Hugo de Naranja

Dumont/Blanchfield cancelled. Dumont missed weight badly for the second time in a row. Blanchfield was willing to fight but the NAC pulled the plug.
    Last edited by Hugo de Naranja; 04-09-21 at 02:46 PM.
    Points Awarded:

frankieunits2685 gave Hugo de Naranja 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    This was the fight i was waiting for. Seems every card the one i want to watch the most goes down in flames. Look for Thug Rose to pull out of April 24h event.

hankcream

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Dumont/Blanchfield cancelled. Dumont missed weight badly for the second time in a row. Blanchfield was willing to fight but the NAC pulled the plug.
    That sucks I was looking forward to seeing Dumont’s big caboose in action

Hugo de Naranja

UFC on ABC 2: Vettori vs. Holland Picks:
    Impa Kasanganay Unanimous Decision (30-27 x3)
    Da Un Jung Round 2 TKO (Punches)
    Luis Saldana Round 3 TKO (Punches)
    Jack Shore Round 3 Submission (Rear-Naked Choke)
    Yorgan De Castro Round 1 TKO (Leg Kick and Punches)
    Ignacio Bahamondes Round 2 KO (Head Kick)
    Mateusz Gamrot Unanimous Decision (29-28 x3)
    Joe Solecki Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28 x2)
    Daniel Rodriguez Unanimous Decision (29-28 x3)
    Nina Nunes Unanimous Decision (29-28 x3)
    Sam Alvey Split Decision (29-28 x2, 28-29)
    Sodiq Yusuff Round 1 TKO (Punches)
    Marvin Vettori Unanimous Decision (49-46 x3)

Hugo de Naranja

UFC on ABC 2: Vettori vs. Holland

ESPN+ Early Prelims:

Fight #1: Kasanganay vs. Palatnikov
    No Bet

ESPN Prelims:

Fight #2: Jung vs. Knight
    Jung (-135) 1.25u to win 0.93u
    Jung Round 2 (+600) 0.3u
    Jung Round 3 (+850) 0.2u

Fight #3: Saldana (DEBUT) vs. Griffin
    Saldana (-140) 0.7u to win 0.5u
    Saldana ITD (+400) 0.15u

Fight #4: Shore vs. Azure
    Shore Round 3 (+1000) 0.25u

Fight #5: De Castro vs. Danho
    De Castro (-245) 1.02u to win 0.42u
    De Castro Round 1 (+200) 0.25u

Fight #6: Bahamondes (DEBUT) vs. Makdessi
    Bahamondes (-188) 2.25u to win 1.2u

Fight #7: Gamrot vs. Holtzman
    No Bet

Fight #8: Solecki vs. Miller
    Parlays

Main Card:

Fight #9: D. Rodriguez vs. Perry
    D. Rodriguez Decision (+220) 0.4u

Fight #10: N. Nunes vs. Dern
    N. Nunes (-133) 1.33u to win 1u

Fight #11: Alvey vs. Marquez
    Alvey (+164) 0.5u

Fight #12: Yusuff vs. A. Allen
    Yusuff ITD (+375) 0.6u

Fight #13: Vettori vs. Holland
    Parlays

Straight Parlays:
    De Castro/N. Nunes+Dern Over 2.5 (+124) 1u
    Bahamondes/Solecki (+127) 0.75u
    De Castro/N. Nunes (+131) 0.5u

Prop Parlays:
    Solecki/Vettori Submission or Decision (+115) 0.5u
    Jung/Ansaroff Decision (+334) 0.3u

frankieunits2685

Unpopular opinion: I love morning/afternoon cards!

frankieunits2685

UFC on ABC 2 Prelims:

Jung -141
    Saldana -134
    Shore RD 3 +900 (Draftkings FREE $20 bet) 0u to win 3.6u
    De Castro/Solecki Parlay -108
    Bahamondes -200

frankieunits2685

Lets get it going!!

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Fukk. Didn't realize that the fights started early today. My wife wants to go to Monroeville for the afternoon. Hopefully I can make it back for the main card.

1234 ... Last