PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

5:1 -I guess the value was there on the KO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibbysdaddy View Post
    yup. cost me a perfect night cause i think most fans knew he had a puncher's chance but he landed it perfectly

PaperTrail07

I also think Blaydes suffered from bad coaching....I hate to even say that but Lewis had zero answer for the leg kicks or the distanced jab.....until lewis solved that problem-Blaydes should never have even put his head into the danger zone IMO....it was obvious enough that commentators over and over-watch out for the uppercut......like Volkov -he could have cruised to victory but his fight IQ cost him-not his skills....he SHOULD want that rematch...

frankieunits2685
    frankieunits2685's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2021

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    I also think Blaydes suffered from bad coaching....I hate to even say that but Lewis had zero answer for the leg kicks or the distanced jab.....until lewis solved that problem-Blaydes should never have even put his head into the danger zone IMO....it was obvious enough that commentators over and over-watch out for the uppercut......like Volkov -he could have cruised to victory but his fight IQ cost him-not his skills....he SHOULD want that rematch...
    I'm curious if Blaydes' corner started pushing him to go for takedowns after round 1. He may have tried to force it.

PaperTrail07

Agree-I think before the fight-it was tire him out then takedown ect.....but mid fight----they should have drilled that into his head...leg kicks and jab....footwork.....lewis legit wasn't moving is feet....Herb Dean was looking at him like WTF LOL....
    Quote Originally Posted by frankieunits2685 View Post
    I'm curious if Blaydes' corner started pushing him to go for takedowns after round 1. He may have tried to force it.

frankieunits2685
    frankieunits2685's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2021

Agree-I think before the fight-it was tire him out then takedown ect.....but mid fight----they should have drilled that into his head...leg kicks and jab....footwork.....lewis legit wasn't moving is feet....Herb Dean was looking at him like WTF LOL....
    I agree, Papes, I was thinking the same thing.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

It seemed to me Blaydes lost his mental composure and shot for a sloppy takedown.

Like Chris Weidman throwing that sloppy spin kick vs Luke Rockhold.

And Eddie Wineland chasing the KO finish vs John Castaneda.

PaperTrail07

You really think so? It was legit cruise control man......watch it again.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    It seemed to me Blaydes lost his mental composure and shot for a sloppy takedown.

Like Chris Weidman throwing that sloppy spin kick vs Luke Rockhold.

And Eddie Wineland chasing the KO finish vs John Castaneda.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

You really think so? It was legit cruise control man......watch it again.....

Gamblers who lose their composure make bets on emotions rather than logic.

Fighters who lose their composure tend to do the same thing.

Low fight IQ, bad decisions, sloppy technique, etc.

Sometimes it is the corners fault. If they call for the low fight IQ play.

I don't know that it happened here though.

First ... 4567