THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

UFC Fight Night: Eye vs. Calvillo (June 13, 2020)

ESPN 9:00 pm ET
    Jessica Eye vs Cynthia Calvillo
    Karl Roberson vs Marvin Vettori
    Ray Borg vs Merab Dvalishvili
    Andre Fili vs Charles Jourdain
    Jordan Espinosa vs Mark De La Rosa

ESPN+, 6:00 pm ET
    Mariya Agapova vs Hannah Cifers
    Kevin Aguilar vs Charles Rosa
    Julia Avila vs Gina Mazany
    Ryan Benoit vs Tyson Nam
    Jordan Griffin vs Darrick Minner
    Christian Aguilera vs Anthony Ivy

Last edited by THE_LOCKSMITH; 06-09-20 at 04:33 PM.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave THE_LOCKSMITH 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Unwritten Law gave THE_LOCKSMITH 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Possibly worst card of all time but appreciate the post up

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Not the best card for betting either but better than nothing
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave Hugo de Naranja 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

Dana White must have gotten fed up with big time fighters crying for more money and decided to fill the card with lower tier talent. ESPN contract probably pays the same regardless
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave hankcream 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Eye believe!

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Grateful for this event as an MMA fan!

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Usually it's cards like this I do good on.

frankieunits2685
    frankieunits2685's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2021

We will all complain about the card, but we will all watch the card.

PaperTrail07

Its like Browns VS Redskins on a Thursday night LOL....
    Quote Originally Posted by frankieunits2685 View Post
    We will all complain about the card, but we will all watch the card.
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave PaperTrail07 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Chicks back to back in the main events in the last card and now this card.. Come on man!!! ...

Weak sauce... Not the greatest card but still worth watching and betting on..

frankieunits2685

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Chicks back to back in the main events in the last card and now this card.. Come on man!!! ...

Weak sauce... Not the greatest card but still worth watching and betting on..
    At least the odds are closer. Nunes was the biggest favorite last weekend. That never entails for an exciting Main Event.

Demonata

I love betting main events that are basically pick ems

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

Brutal card..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    I love betting main events that are basically pick ems
    Lol! 50/50 chance.. Dem stick with it, cap hard and just think how the fight will play out.. Bet the props man as you see it playing out.. + odd prop hits get you up big early in events.. I can't tell you how many events I've been up early in past years and just sit back and then begin playing with house money..

I usually get burnt in the end with that house money when getting cute with hedges and live bets.. Still I bet the entire card and never really lose big if I do.. Spread out the bets and stay consistent with every fight. That's what I do and it works for me..

That's why I keep doing it year after year for the past 10 years or so.. If I was losing money constantly with every event I'd quite myself..

Change things up Dem if you are getting rocked.. Adopt a new gambling strategy.. Don't bet on gut feels, bet on fighter trends..
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

frankieunits2685

I love that we have another 3 card week in July! Saturday-Wednesday-Saturday!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I love that we have another 3 card week in July! Saturday-Wednesday-Saturday!
    Amen brother!!

Really the only American sport we can bet right now also with Corona..

I don't take it for granted. LOVE IT, UFC IS AWESOME!!!!
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

frankieunits2685

Amen brother!!

Really the only American sport we can bet right now also with Corona..

I don't take it for granted. LOVE IT, UFC IS AWESOME!!!!
    there's actually a top rank card tonight with Shakur headlining, but all of the betting lines are ridiculous, as they usually are in boxing.
    Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave frankieunits2685 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    eye believe!
    Here we go Evil here we go!

PaperTrail07

saw that on TV....didn't think it was live then saw the no crowd....checked line....went to bed...
    there's actually a top rank card tonight with Shakur headlining, but all of the betting lines are ridiculous, as they usually are in boxing.

PaperTrail07

Right he argued with me for going big on Dober bc it was a pickem.......I obviously thought different and that's why I'm going big on it....if I want to flip coins id go play American roulette in downton vegas lol.....1 green (1/2 cash back if green hit and betting outside)....
    Lol! 50/50 chance.. Dem stick with it, cap hard and just think how the fight will play out.. Bet the props man as you see it playing out.. + odd prop hits get you up big early in events.. I can't tell you how many events I've been up early in past years and just sit back and then begin playing with house money..

I usually get burnt in the end with that house money when getting cute with hedges and live bets.. Still I bet the entire card and never really lose big if I do.. Spread out the bets and stay consistent with every fight. That's what I do and it works for me..

That's why I keep doing it year after year for the past 10 years or so.. If I was losing money constantly with every event I'd quite myself..

Change things up Dem if you are getting rocked.. Adopt a new gambling strategy.. Don't bet on gut feels, bet on fighter trends..
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave PaperTrail07 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Right he argued with me for going big on Dober bc it was a pickem.......I obviously thought different and that's why I'm going big on it....if I want to flip coins id go play American roulette in downton vegas lol.....1 green (1/2 cash back if green hit and betting outside)....
    Yeah my bad if i argued? I don't remember.

PaperTrail07

Oh no worries....we go back and forth on fights for days lol... and there are plenty of days where I whiff and your right....anytime I think too highly of a fight it does help to remember the line and try to settle down a bit.....had a buddy pretty much fly to vegas to bet gunner nelson vs burns....we see how that ended.....he just could imagine a loss lol........pick for a reason.......don't go too wild as everyone can be wrong...
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Yeah my bad if i argued? I don't remember.
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave PaperTrail07 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

Ray Borg at +305 is tempting, he's got to be close to desperation mode and fighting for his future.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Prelim write ups. MMA MANIA>

125 lbs.: Mariya Agapova vs. Hannah Cifers

Mariya Agapova (8-1) attempted to become the first Kazakhstani woman to join UFC by taking on Tracy Cortez on “Contender Series,” only to struggle with her opponent’s wrestling en route to a decision defeat. She then took her talents to Invicta, smashing Alexa Conners and Marilia Santos in a round apiece.
    She has scored three wins each by knockout and submission.
    “Shockwave” (10-5) rebounded from a UFC debut loss to Maycee Barber with consecutive victories over Polyana Viana and Jodie Esquibel, defying more than 2-to-1 odds against the former. She’s since dropped two straight, most recently tapping to a Mackenzie Dern kneebar less than two weeks ago.
    She steps in for Melissa Gatto, who ran into travel restrictions, on five days’ notice.
    If these two women were the same size, Cifers would have a real shot at derailing another young prospect. Agapova’s striking remains worryingly rough, and shifting gears from the grappling-happy Gatto to the power-punching Cifers with less than a week to adjust preparations can’t be easy. Unfortunately for Cifers, they’re not the same size; Agapova will have five inches of height and a brutal eight inches of reach on her.
    Cifers still has the edge in kickboxing technique and could theoretically still hold her own on the feet, but she’s going to have a far harder time hurting Agapova than vice-versa. Power and aggression carry the day for the Kazakh youngster.
    Prediction: Agapova via unanimous decision
    Related
    UFC Poster Drops For ‘Eye Vs Calvillo’

170 lbs.: Anthony Ivy vs. Christian Aguilera

After winning and twice defending the Fury FC Welterweight title, Anthony Ivy (8-2) took his talents to WXC, where he pounded out champion Willis Black to add another belt to his collection. He answered the call to face Gerald Meerschaert last Saturday when Ian Heinisch’s cornerman tested positive for COVID-19, but wound up being unnecessary after said cornerman was cleared.
    He has knocked out five opponents and submitted another three.
    A three-fight knockout streak carried Christian Aguilera (13-6) to a pair of LFA main events, where he fell short against Matthew Frincu and UFC veteran David Michaud. He bounced back with a knockout in another organization, then survived a late scare to take a decision over Eliziario on a January LFA card.
    He gives up five inches of height and three inches of reach to “Aquaman.”
    This fight will be as easy or as difficult as Ivy, who holds a considerable wrestling edge, decides to make it. If he focuses on maintaining top control and unleashing his powerful ground-and-pound, he should cruise past Aguilera without issue, as “The Beast” struggles to offer any meaningful resistance off of his back. If Ivy showcases his usual disregard for position or indulges in his strange obsession with losing back mount going for armbars, the heavy-handed Aguilera has the tools to violently punish “Aquaman’s” limited standup.
    While Aguilera’s power is a concern, Ivy’s indefatigable pursuit of the takedown and seemingly bottomless gas tank mean Aguilera will only have seconds of each round to find that game-changing blow. So long as Ivy just sticks to pounding his head into the dirt and not compromising position in pursuit of submissions, he pounds Aguilera out sometime in the second or third.
    Prediction: Ivy via second-round technical knockout

155 lbs.: Charles Rosa vs. Kevin Aguilar

Charles Rosa (12-4) — out of action for 2.5 years — returned in a big way with an upset submission of Manny Bermudez in Oct. 2019, earning his fourth post-fight bonus in the process. Things went a bit worse for “Boston Strong” last month against Bryce Mitchell, who continued Rosa’s trend of alternating wins and losses with a dominant grappling performance.
    Eleven of his 12 professional wins have come by stoppage, eight of them submissions.
    A shaky performance on “Contender Series” didn’t stop Kevin Aguilar (17-3) from joining UFC four months later and extending his win streak to nine with two consecutive wins. He has yet to recapture that momentum, dropping a decision to Dan Ige and suffering a stoppage loss to Zubaira Tukhugov.
    Though shorter by two inches, he’ll have four inches of reach on Rosa.
    If Aguilar’s still got it, this is his fight to lose. He’s much sharper and heavier-handed on the feet than Rosa, who will have all sorts of trouble getting “The Angel of Death” to the mat and keeping him there. After watching Aguilar get buckled repeatedly by Ige and Tukhugov, though, it’s not hard to imagine one clean shot from Rosa undoing all of Aguilar’s good work.
    Luckily for Aguilar, Rosa hasn’t scored a (T)KO in over six years, and while a similar drought didn’t stop Leonard Garcia from laying Aguilar out back in 2013, it’s reason enough to put faith in Aguilar’s boxing. His reach and overall technical edge win the day in a fun, fast-paced striking battle.
    Prediction: Aguilar via unanimous decision
    Related
    Up Next! Eye Vs Calvillo In Las Vegas!

135 lbs.: Julia Avila vs. Gina Mazany

After suffering her first professional defeat because of a horrifying compound fracture, Julia Avila (7-1) scored a pair of technical knockout finishes to earn a spot in the Octagon. Her debut saw her drop The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) veteran Pannie Kianzad twice on her way to a decision victory.
    “The Raging Panda” has knocked out three professional foes and submitted one other.
    Gina Mazany (6-3) — a TUF 18 competitor — left the Octagon after a technical knockout loss to Macy Chiasson capped off a 1-3 run. She returned to action last January, picking up her first win since 2017 with a technical knockout stoppage of Valerie Barney in King of The Cage.
    She steps in for Karol Rosa on just over a week’s notice.
    To paraphrase “ZooFights,” one of the best things to ever come out of SomethingAwful.com: I cannot fault Mazany’s bravery, only her results. As much as I respect her for stepping up at the last minute against one of the division’s strongest up-and-comers, her struggles in the Octagon suggest that she’s in serious trouble. Avila’s defensive wrestling is more than sufficient to keep it on the feet and she hits more than hard enough to repeat Chiasson’s successful efforts; Mazany needs to get top position to pose any sort of threat to Avila, but simply lacks the tools to do so.
    Avila has the power and skills to potentially challenge for the title before too long, and she’ll prove it by starching Mazany in the opening round.
    Prediction: Avila via first-round technical knockout
    Related
    Big Names In Short Supply As UFC Fills Up June / July Cards

125 lbs.: Ryan Benoit vs. Tyson Nam

Ryan Benoit (10-6) — who made his Octagon debut back in 2013 — has alternated wins and losses since that “Fight of the Night” submission defeat to Josh Sampo. His most recent effort say him return from a two-year absence to drop a narrow split decision to Alateng Heili in Busan.
    All but two of his pro wins have come by form of knockout.
    Tyson Nam (18-11-1) entered UFC on a 6-1-1 run, the only loss coming to FNG champion and future UFC signee Zhalgas Zhumagalov. He’s still looking for his first Octagon victory, though, losing consecutive decisions to Sergio Pettis and Kai Kara-France.
    He stands two inches taller than Benoit.
    This is do-or-die for Nam. The good news is that Benoit is among the more favorable match ups the promotion could find in UFC’s Flyweight division. That’s because in addition to not being a takedown threat, “Babyface” relies more on power and speed than technique when striking, which plays right into the counter-savvy Nam’s hands.
    In short, if Nam can’t win this, he doesn’t belong in the Octagon.
    From here, Nam’s significant striking edge looks more convincing than his tendency to let fights slip out of his fingers. He potshots Benoit for either a mid-round stoppage or close-but-clear decision.
    Prediction: Nam via unanimous decision
    Related
    UFC Poster Drops For ‘Eye Vs Calvillo’

145 lbs.: Jordan Griffin vs. Darrick Minner

Jordan Griffin (18-7) clubbed and subbed Maurice Mitchell on “Contender Series” to earn both a UFC contract and his ninth win in 10 fights. Though he fell short against both Dan Ige and Chas Skelly, “Native Psycho” came up big with his back against the wall by choking out T.J. Brown in February.
    He’ll enjoy three inches of height and 3.5 inches of reach on Darrick Minner (24-11).
    Minner rebounded from his “Contender Series” loss to Herbert Burns with two submission wins in a combined 2:30, setting up a late-notice UFC debut on that same February card. In his twelfth consecutive fight to end inside the distance, he ended up tapping to a rear-naked choke early in the second round. He’s defeated 21 opponents by submission and has not won by decision since 2015.
    These two first fought in March 2018, with Minner doing some good ground work early before getting caught in an armbar. The match up doesn’t look to have changed much — Minner’s the same submission-over-position attacker he’s always been and Griffin still has the edge in striking and submission defense.
    Minner’s strategy remains the same regardless of his opponent, so there’s no reason to think the sequel will be too different than the original. Hell, the guy’s so committed to forcing a jiu-jitsu match that he willingly tangoed with Burns on the mat. Griffin’s submission defense once again carries him through the rough patches until he can wrap up Minner’s neck or arm.
    Prediction: Griffin via second-round submission
    Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

frankieunits2685

Ray Borg has withdrawn from his bout against Merab Dvalishvili due to personal reasons.

PaperTrail07

Dear God LOL...... Dodging like FMM............
    Ray Borg has withdrawn from his bout against Merab Dvalishvili due to personal reasons.

PaperTrail07

frankieunits2685

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Dear God LOL...... Dodging like FMM............
    I didn’t think it was possible for this card to get any weaker lol.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I was thinking maybe Borg by decision in that fight.. Or atleast as a hedge.. Damn.. Scratch it..

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Ray-Borg-84752

PaperTrail07

You said it not me LOL...
    I didn’t think it was possible for this card to get any weaker lol.

Hugo de Naranja

Not cool

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Ryan Benoit & Melissa Gato also out.

Hugo de Naranja

This is the eighth time Ray Borg has pulled out of a UFC fight. He's also missed weight four times (including once at 135). Time to pull the plug on his UFC career. Very unreliable.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Ryan Benoit & Melissa Gato also out.
    Dana White scrambling now to fill the card. Last minute call ups, who wants to fight?..

Might make the card better now!!!

unitedlad
    unitedlad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7803

Damn I wish a couple of chick fights would be cancelled. Any point even watching this shit show of a card?

1234 ... Last