View Poll Results: Do you think JON JONES embellished his injuries after his fight with Thiago Santos?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 52.63%
  • No

9 47.37%
    dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Do you think JON JONES embellished his injuries after his fight with Thiago Santos?

Thiago was obviously compromised for most of the fight due to a knee problem that Rogan talked about in the octagon afterwards. I wouldn't put it past Jones to act more injured than he was to make himself look better after a lack luster performance that brought some boos. Jones was basically carried out of the ring.

What do you think?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He looks finished

Not hungry

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

He did take a lot of kicks to his legs.

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

He isnt losing anytime soon.
    Way too talented all around . They get hurt , rough sport .
    Askren soul exits his damn body .
    Holms gets her skull kicked in .
    Rochhold sippin shit through a straw, with a broken jaw .

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

something seemed wrong he just cruised didnt fight right even with an injured guy in front of him

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    something seemed wrong he just cruised didnt fight right even with an injured guy in front of him
    he fought a woodley style conservative fight against a guy with sometimes wild tactics. his legs are tiny. he was obviously hurt from the kicks.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Don't ever bet against JJ.. He just wins.. Say what you want.. The dude just wins juiced or not..

dlowilly

No doubt he is a great fighter

I just wonder if the carry me out spectacle came from wanting to offset his opponents obvious knee issue during the fight

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

He looked like he was getting punished whenever he got hit/kicked. Sucks that Santos' knee was shredded. MCL/PCL/ACL/Meniscus - man's game!

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Don't ever bet against JJ.. He just wins.. Say what you want.. The dude just wins juiced or not..
    Thiago Santos fought most of his light heavyweight title bout with Jon Jones on essentially one leg.
    Santos tore the ACL, MCL, PCL and meniscus of his left knee in the UFC 239 main event Saturday night in Las Vegas, his manager Alex Davis confirmed with ESPN. Tests came back with that information Monday, Davis said.

such a clueless fukk

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    He did take a lot of kicks to his legs.
    He took tremendous leg kicks to his chicken legs.

And Won.

And that's that.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

He was hiding how gassed he was....same reason he didn't attack....roids are gone his muscle and cardio went to shit....people forget the roids REALLY increases the cardio........nobody was impressed with him cutting the cage off to a man with a wrecked knee then playing patty cake and tossing a leg kick.... I really feel he was ALL ROIDS ....

PaperTrail07

but yes.....yes I do.....he went from fighting fine to need carried....unless he cramped LOL...

dlowilly

Crazy that Thiago kept throwing kicks with what amounted to a floating kneecap

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Jones teammates carried him out of the cage after the 1st controversial fight with Gustafsson.

Thiago Santos leg kicks aren't Jesus, but they change peoples lives. People aren't the same afterward. Some of the hardest and heaviest leg kicks in MMA period.

CantFeelMyFace
    CantFeelMyFace's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

His thigh was extremely fukkin swollen and discolored. So, No.

PaperTrail07

walking fine in the 5th...to CARRIED out lol...come on
    Quote Originally Posted by CantFeelMyFace View Post
    His thigh was extremely fukkin swollen and discolored. So, No.

McCarthyFam
    McCarthyFam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    walking fine in the 5th...to CARRIED out lol...come on
    just pure adrenaline during the fight. doesn't set in until afterwards.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by McCarthyFam View Post
    just pure adrenaline during the fight. doesn't set in until afterwards.
    That definitely happens

He doesn't get carried out if Thiago's injury isn't talked about though IMO

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Remember the time Thiago Santos kicked David Branch repeatedly in the legs.

The pain was so incredible, it allowed David Branch to harness whatever superpower allows women to lift automobiles off of people in life or death situations. End result: the only KO win of Branch's career. Branch technically won that fight but was never the same afterward. Like the kid from the first IT movie whose hair turned white.

I don't think Jones was faking it. If they switch stances during the fight, they're hurt. That could be the tell we need but don't deserve.

PaperTrail07

I understand adrenaline....I don't understand casual walking....then being CARRIED out LOL.....not buying it personally...
    Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    That definitely happens

He doesn't get carried out if Thiago's injury isn't talked about though IMO

PaperTrail07

We have seen plenty of people take worse kicks....from men without knee injuries....and they walk out with nothing more than a limp.....Jon Jones is an arrogant piece of shit....don't think for ONE SECOND he was crediting Santos bc he believed it and was giving the guy tons of credit.......it was simply to shade his dogshit performance vs a guy on 1 leg.....this guy is so so tough and dangerous=good excuse for him not being aggressive at all.... I blame him-the lack of roids and his coaching for having a DONT LOSE mentality with the belt....

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

We have seen plenty of people take worse kicks....from men without knee injuries....and they walk out with nothing more than a limp.....Jon Jones is an arrogant piece of shit....don't think for ONE SECOND he was crediting Santos bc he believed it and was giving the guy tons of credit.......it was simply to shade his dogshit performance vs a guy on 1 leg.....this guy is so so tough and dangerous=good excuse for him not being aggressive at all.... I blame him-the lack of roids and his coaching for having a DONT LOSE mentality with the belt....
    Maybe he smoked a bunch of crack that week? Shit takes its toll!!

PaperTrail07

I'm simply convinced the steroid use fueled his whole career....was a hell of a fighter but was losig his edge around 2014-15......started to juice like crazy but managed not to get caught until 2017........also...why in the penetrate is there not a wheelchair next to the octagon.....both Santos and Jones apparently could have used one......Askren 100% needed one....
    Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Maybe he smoked a bunch of crack that week? Shit takes its toll!!

PaperTrail07

And if anyone thinks he was only on Tbol your penetrating kidding yourself...that shit alone LOWERS test so he was stacking ALL KINDS of steroids and Tbol was just the one they detected....have to imagine he had a few that were not even on the banned list....

2daBank

I'm simply convinced the steroid use fueled his whole career....was a hell of a fighter but was losig his edge around 2014-15......started to juice like crazy but managed not to get caught until 2017........also...why in the penetrate is there not a wheelchair next to the octagon.....both Santos and Jones apparently could have used one......Askren 100% needed one....
    Thing Is im pretty sure all the greats in that sport juiced at one point or another. When I want a cycle guess who I ask? Aspiring mma fighters!! Lol

You don’t have to be on them at time of fight to benefit. I havnt done a cycle in years now but still have extra muscle I put on w test.

PaperTrail07

100% agree.....but his TO ME is the most easily recognized outside of Vitor Belfort TRT use LOL....atleast you get it LOL......so true.....look at MLB...Melky Cabrera.....gets busted -year out--signed for 5X money....smashing the ball.....Bartolo Colon....ect....hate to say it but IAN HEINISCH.....never busted dirty pissing....but to say his size is not due to roids is insanity---guy admits past roids use....
    Thing Is im pretty sure all the greats in that sport juiced at one point or another. When I want a cycle guess who I ask? Aspiring mma fighters!! Lol

You don’t have to be on them at time of fight to benefit. I havnt done a cycle in years now but still have extra muscle I put on w test.

2daBank

100% agree.....but his TO ME is the most easily recognized outside of Vitor Belfort TRT use LOL....atleast you get it LOL......so true.....look at MLB...Melky Cabrera.....gets busted -year out--signed for 5X money....smashing the ball.....Bartolo Colon....ect....hate to say it but IAN HEINISCH.....never busted dirty pissing....but to say his size is not due to roids is insanity---guy admits past roids use....
    Oh yea you see it every year in mlb. Fukkin Dietrich for cincy a prime example this year, dude has never sniffed 20 bombs in a year and has 18 already!! Seems like every year some random second baseman has put on 15-20 lbs of muscle. There only 1 mfin way to do that in a offseason!!! Lol.,

Don’t get me started on all the pitchers throwing 95+, that ain’t natural!! I’m not saying anything bad about it, I’m all for the juice! You gonna make that kind of jack to entertain us I say do everything in your power to be the best you can be!! Let’s be fair, simply sticking a needle in your ass doesn’t make you good, you still have to put in the work and have talent!!

Don’t even get me started on the NFL, practically everyone in that league has did a cycle at one time or another!!!
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave 2daBank 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Thiago was obviously compromised for most of the fight due to a knee problem that Rogan talked about in the octagon afterwards. I wouldn't put it past Jones to act more injured than he was to make himself look better after a lack luster performance that brought some boos. Jones was basically carried out of the ring.

What do you think?
    Being hurt after spending 25 minutes in the cage with one of the best fighters in the world should be expected. Coming out of it without taking damage would make him look strongest.

PaperTrail07

100% I'm a reds fan I know whats up LOL....95mph and 100 at the end LOL....then not sore a bit after and pitches 2 days later LOL...
    Oh yea you see it every year in mlb. Fukkin Dietrich for cincy a prime example this year, dude has never sniffed 20 bombs in a year and has 18 already!! Seems like every year some random second baseman has put on 15-20 lbs of muscle. There only 1 mfin way to do that in a offseason!!! Lol.,

Don’t get me started on all the pitchers throwing 95+, that ain’t natural!! I’m not saying anything bad about it, I’m all for the juice! You gonna make that kind of jack to entertain us I say do everything in your power to be the best you can be!! Let’s be fair, simply sticking a needle in your ass doesn’t make you good, you still have to put in the work and have talent!!

Don’t even get me started on the NFL, practically everyone in that league has did a cycle at one time or another!!!

PaperTrail07

the "adderral exception" is also something they brushed under the rug....

2daBank

the "adderral exception" is also something they brushed under the rug....
    Another drug I’m a big fan of!! Lol

2daBank

100% I'm a reds fan I know whats up LOL....95mph and 100 at the end LOL....then not sore a bit after and pitches 2 days later LOL...
    lol. Yea the recovery aspect is huge!! They got that crazy shit now you just put under your tongue and it spikes your test levels just for a day or 2 to recover!!!

Stros are a great example, I love how they get praised for turning aging pitchers careers back around! And JV has the balls to complain about juiced baseballs!! Mfer did you notice the direction your career was going before being traded to stros and having a miraculous turn around? Baseballs not the only thing juiced on that team!! lol. Holy shit, I’m 35 and all s sudden my spin rate is thru the roof!! Crazy!!

PaperTrail07

not against it LOL...
    Another drug I’m a big fan of!! Lol

PaperTrail07

LOL crazy bc when I mention 95 into 100 JV is EXACTLY who I had in mind LOL....right....bro you were working your way outta the league before the juiced saved you LOL....
    lol. Yea the recovery aspect is huge!! They got that crazy shit now you just put under your tongue and it spikes your test levels just for a day or 2 to recover!!!

Stros are a great example, I love how they get praised for turning aging pitchers careers back around! And JV has the balls to complain about juiced baseballs!! Mfer did you notice the direction your career was going before being traded to stros and having a miraculous turn around? Baseballs not the only thing juiced on that team!! lol. Holy shit, I’m 35 and all s sudden my spin rate is thru the roof!! Crazy!!

12 Last