THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

UFC 238: Cejudo vs. Moraes (June 08, 2019)

Pay-per-view 10:00 pm ET
    Henry Cejudo vs Marlon Moraes (for bantamweight title)
    Valentina Shevchenko vs Jessica Eye (for flyweight title)
    Donal Cerrone vs Tony Ferguson
    Jimmie Rivera vs Petr Yan
    Blagoy Ivanov vs Tai Tuivasa

ESPN 8:00 pm ET
    Nina Ansaroff vs Tatiana Suarez
    Pedro Munhoz vs Aljamain sterling
    Alexa Grasso vs Karolina Kowalkiewicz
    Calvin Kattar vs Ricardo Lamas

ESPN+, 6:15 pm ET
    Angela Hill vs Yan Xiaonan
    Bevon Lewis vs Darren Stewart
    Grigory Popov vs Eddie Wineland
    Katlyn Chookagian vs Joanne Calderwood

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Long time til this next UFC event!!! ..

Liking Henry in the main, gotta go with Tony against Cowboy also..

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

I hope Moraes KOs Henry..

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Uh oh... He's back...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    Uh oh... He's back...
    Yes he is.. Get it now before those odds get jacked.. Cowboy will get smoked..

Odds are already -170 on dimes.. Probably be -275 by fight time..

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Your hourly reminder: Henry Cejudo won a gold medal in the olympics!

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think tatiana is the next champ but damn , nina been on a big run lately +700 seems like a bit much... i doubt she wins but a little sprinkle on that wouldnt hurt

we all know tony vs cowboy is the peoples main event though, gonna be fireworks

Baraldsson
    Baraldsson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 660

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Liking Henry in the main, gotta go with Tony against Cowboy also..
    Thinking along similar lines here. Do you see Tony by decision, by KO or by sub?
    Last edited by Baraldsson; 05-24-19 at 03:49 AM.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Many on this forum, myself included expected TJ to run over Henry. We were wrong, perhaps his chin was gone, maybe a combination of weight cut and weak chin, who knows. My point, Isnt Moraes on the same level as TJ when it comes to striking? Moraes outclasses very good fighters, just look how Sterling and Rivera got manhandled. Henry doesnt possess those skils standing up, and he doesnt do too much on the ground. What has really changed since the whole forum favoured TJ to win? Nothing...just a flash KO.

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7049

In the brief time I've been following MMA, I've only seen Cejudo and Moraes once each. I took Moraes in his last fight (I don't remember if he was a dog, or if I took a prop at +odds, but it was a guess, knew nothing about him other than what the broadcast showed).. and of course, saw very few giving Cejudo a shot, then beating TJ in seconds. I figured Cejudo would be favored here. I figured wrong.

I also don't think I've seen Cerrone lose since I've been watching, and he's been the dog in every match. Sounds like THIS time he may finally take the loss?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Baraldsson View Post
    Thinking along similar lines here. Do you see Tony by decision, by KO or by sub?
    Thinking by KO but I'll probably bet it ITD depending on the odds between those 2 props when they finally come out.
    Points Awarded:

Baraldsson gave JIBBBY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Baraldsson

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Many on this forum, myself included expected TJ to run over Henry. We were wrong, perhaps his chin was gone, maybe a combination of weight cut and weak chin, who knows. My point, Isnt Moraes on the same level as TJ when it comes to striking? Moraes outclasses very good fighters, just look how Sterling and Rivera got manhandled. Henry doesnt possess those skils standing up, and he doesnt do too much on the ground. What has really changed since the whole forum favoured TJ to win? Nothing...just a flash KO.
    Maybe I'm underestimating Moraes but I wouldn't agree that his striking is on the same level as TJ's. He's dangerous, no doubt about that, and he might very well win this fight, but I actually think Henry is the one being underestimated here. Just an initial lean at the moment, got more tape to watch before committing.

More than willing to learn from others though. Are you expecting a KO from Marlon, @bjpenn85?

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Ive never bet against Moraes-but I think I will here......Mini Cejudo takes it w wrestling IMO...
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I hope Moraes KOs Henry..
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave PaperTrail07 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

Cejudo
    Ferg
    Riv
    Tai
    Lewis

All $

Week off then fires right back up with (2) amazing cards.....

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Henry has been improving with every fight.. 4 fight win streak now. Hard to bet against him right now..

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Henry-Cejudo-125297
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

I 100% agree....Cejudo looks like he took roids as well and is in AMAZING shape....Moraes will have to catch Cejduo IMO with a KO to win this fight....and if he pulls that off.....HATS OFF, CONGRATS.....the pace of Cejudo is insane and I don't doubt MM cardio, but the last (2) times it has gone (3) it has been split decisions.....rounds 3-4-5 favor Cejudo IF it gets there IMO......Moraes has precision striking and timing that SEEMS lucky (def is not) so lets hope Cejudo watches out for knees and headkicks......amazing fight.....
    Maybe I'm underestimating Moraes but I wouldn't agree that his striking is on the same level as TJ's. He's dangerous, no doubt about that, and he might very well win this fight, but I actually think Henry is the one being underestimated here. Just an initial lean at the moment, got more tape to watch before committing.

More than willing to learn from others though. Are you expecting a KO from Marlon, @bjpenn85?
    Points Awarded:

Baraldsson gave PaperTrail07 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

BJ to be fair, the "forum" was wrong lol....I was on Cejudo there and I know others were as well....I also don't think he manhandled Sterling--it was a scrappy 1 min with a scramble then AJ went in and got a KO'd by a knee......Moraes WILL be ready for this....he prepares like a champion....I just think overall pace goes to Cejudo and so does the wrestling.....obv moraes kickboxing is better but Cejudo is hard to hit....you act like Cejudo has zero skills and no chance here......GL

PaperTrail07

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Ive never bet against Moraes-but I think I will here......Mini Cejudo takes it w wrestling IMO...
    ya probably...cant stand cejudo, hoping moraes is Mr Sandman come Saturday..

bjpenn85

Im not too sure. In my mind before watching tape, i would favour Moraes because he is the more experienced striker. Moraes has had good striking for many years, Cejudos is also good but he became a good striker yesterday, so their not comparable imo. So basing on logical theory, i would then favour Moraes. But this is before watching tape which is unreliable, i need to see more tape first. However, i dont think i would bet this fight, because of x-factors, or the fight might be too close.

bjpenn85

BJ to be fair, the "forum" was wrong lol....I was on Cejudo there and I know others were as well....I also don't think he manhandled Sterling--it was a scrappy 1 min with a scramble then AJ went in and got a KO'd by a knee......Moraes WILL be ready for this....he prepares like a champion....I just think overall pace goes to Cejudo and so does the wrestling.....obv moraes kickboxing is better but Cejudo is hard to hit....you act like Cejudo has zero skills and no chance here......GL
    I agree with you fully. I just think Cejudo isnt quite yet there when it comes to the striking. My concern is though, that Cejudo seems to make improvements fight by fight, hes trainer is talking about him at some time back, turned a corner and has ever since just become better and better to a ridiculous level. Often those rumours holds water, and as a potential Moraes better i instantly back of, so this may be a fight were im going to pass up i think.

But what a fight ladies and gentleman, this is really the pinnacle of sports competitors. Top shelf athletes, these bodies were made for sport, these gentlemans genes are pure excellence!!!Even with bad fight iq, bad trainers and subpar diet, these guys destiny is at the very top!!

PaperTrail07

100% it really is......(2) guy that want nothing but the top of the mountain .......I expect the dirty boxing and the tie ups to favor Cejudo bc of the duration of the fight and new roid strength.........as long as he does not separate and get head kicked lol.....
    I agree with you fully. I just think Cejudo isnt quite yet there when it comes to the striking. My concern is though, that Cejudo seems to make improvements fight by fight, hes trainer is talking about him at some time back, turned a corner and has ever since just become better and better to a ridiculous level. Often those rumours holds water, and as a potential Moraes better i instantly back of, so this may be a fight were im going to pass up i think.

But what a fight ladies and gentleman, this is really the pinnacle of sports competitors. Top shelf athletes, these bodies were made forsport, these gentlemans genes are pure excellence!!!Even with bad fight iq, bad trainers and subpar diet, these guys destiny is at the very top!!

UncleChael

For the main event... Do you believe in Magic?

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Your hourly reminder: Henry Cejudo won a gold medal in the olympics!

jacharron17
    jacharron17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2608

Will Ferguson be able to handle Cerrone's leg kicks? Ferguson is coming off a knee injury so that may play a factor...
    Last edited by jacharron17; 05-29-19 at 05:09 PM.

jacharron17
    jacharron17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2608

I like Pedro Munhoz and Alexa Grasso on this card.

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by jacharron17 View Post
    I like Pedro Munhoz and Alexa Grasso on this card.
    After THAT performance from sterling,a munhoz bet is what youre left with???

What a surprising opinion to have.

PaperTrail07

Ferguson could back the devil into a corner and will die in there going for the W......fav fighter
    Quote Originally Posted by jacharron17 View Post
    Will Ferguson be able to handle Cerrone's leg kicks? Ferguson is coming off a knee injury so that may play a factor...

Baraldsson

Ferguson could back the devil into a corner and will die in there going for the W......fav fighter
    Ferg's legit crazy and never been in a boring fight. You could put him on any card, stacked as you like, and his is still the fight I'm most looking forward to seeing.

UncleChael

Fight of the year last year? Was the co main event to largest watched UFC PPV and he put a beat down on the dude... Ferguson vs. Cowboy is insane!!!! Champ shit only. Ferguson also follows me on the gram. He's the one you send to kill the fukking boogeyman

UncleChael

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    For the main event... Do you believe in Magic?
    Yes. I do believe in Magic...

Enfuego
    Enfuego's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2459

Cejudo
    Ferg
    Riv
    Tai
    Lewis

All $

Week off then fires right back up with (2) amazing cards.....
    Love all but Rivera.

bjpenn85

Like Moraes, Cerrone, Yan and lewis. Very confident in Yan, walk in the park. Cerrone got a 55% chance of winning, moraes perhaps 65%, Lewis will win every single sec of his fight, or alternatively win every sec until KOed.

Enfuego
    Enfuego's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2459

Like Moraes, Cerrone, Yan and lewis. Very confident in Yan, walk in the park. Cerrone got a 55% chance of winning, moraes perhaps 65%, Lewis will win every single sec of his fight, or alternatively win every sec until KOed.
    How does the underdog have a 55% chance of winning?

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post
    How does the underdog have a 55% chance of winning?
    How does the underdog have a 55% chance of winning? Implied is 41% (2.45), i cap it 55% chance of winning (1.81).

So im going with Cerrone. Still, fight is up for grabs so small play.

1234 ... Last