Betpoints: 16650

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Trinaldo Fight is Off....Grrrrr
    FFS!!!!!!

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

just one of the best fights on the cards.....usual lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    FFS!!!!!!

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bethe 141 lbs

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    Rose has the footwork, reach , technique and submissions
    Andrade has the power , wrestling, brute strength , hometown crowd
    and i personally think Rose mentally can break very quickly, if shes down a few rounds getting mauled on the cage and Andrade taking her down at will, how will she respond???

Rose is the Anthony Pettis of womans strawweight
    I actually like that comp quite a bit

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by Teem View Post
    Thoughts on Thiago Alves/Staropoli? I reallllly want to take Alves here.
    Seems like it’s not a fight to go big on. Staropoli looked much better in his first UFC fight than his regional scene tape and salves didnt Win his last fight on my card. Staropoli’s cardio also looks pretty damn good in his debut.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I actually like that comp quite a bit
    basically the same skillset, flash strikers with very solid bottom games and no wrestling/ can be mentally weak but when theyre winning they are super elite ....
    this fight will remind me of Anthony Pettis vs RDA i think

time will tell

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Curious why you're on Correia. I'm on Aldana myself.
    I just don't think aldana should ever be that high against a decent female fighter. Aldana will tag her on the feet but she's awful hittable herself and you can't rule out the crowd going nuts early and influencing this fight. I think people underestimate bethe because she's rather quirky and weird and tends to take damage but she can make fights very close with much better strikers and I think aldana can shy away when push comes to shove like the Leslie Smith fight

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Fukk yeah! Miss Bethe Correia back in action, love this beautiful woman.

^^^ Notice how Big John taps that ass at the end of gif and gets away with it. Fukking lucky bastard! If that were me I would never wash my hand again.

jacharron17
    jacharron17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2608

Like Rose Namajunas at +115 and the over.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

Bethe 141 lbs
    dat ass

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

and i personally think Rose mentally can break very quickly, if shes down a few rounds getting mauled on the cage and Andrade taking her down at will, how will she respond???

if she was going to crumble it would have been the 2nd Joanna fight and she went out there like a pro and piece Joanna up. Lets not forget Joannna pieced Andrade and she will get pieced up even worse in this fight. when Rose realizes how easy it is to hit her she will most likely end up stretching her. All that wild swinging will faze Rose a little until she realizes how easy it is to get away from the punches and counter the shots. Just like it does to all the big punches who finally fight someone who knows how to box. And if she was so weak mentally why would she go to Brazil?

Thor4140

I'll do my 263 to your 250.
    deal Hugo. Just one question u guys all say you bet at five dimes but are all pinching me with the line. From my vantage point i was getting +105 for 100 yesterday. Now it is +110. Were did u guys see it was +100 for 100? I will settle for it tho. You guys won the battle but i will win the war. Bunch of pinching pricks

Thor4140

first of your post i quoted i kinda missed the part where u said" if she is down a few rounds" Yes i could possibly see that but the Pettis comment not so sure.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by jacharron17 View Post
    Like Rose Namajunas at +115 and the over.
    u see what i deal with on this site Jacharron. How they want to bet me but pinch me with my share? This Hugo guy does this a lot. He wants me to take McGregor over Tony and give him 4 to 1 odds. He thinks i forgot about that one

Teem
    Teem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3534

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    I just don't think aldana should ever be that high against a decent female fighter. Aldana will tag her on the feet but she's awful hittable herself and you can't rule out the crowd going nuts early and influencing this fight. I think people underestimate bethe because she's rather quirky and weird and tends to take damage but she can make fights very close with much better strikers and I think aldana can shy away when push comes to shove like the Leslie Smith fight
    I hear ya. What do you think of Alves/Staropoli? I'm so torn here.

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    Same here. Have some action on Andrade pre-bet, but I think we might see better lines after Round 1 where I expect Rose to look somewhat sharp and Andrade to find her range. Debating whether I should wait for live or keep adding as more Rose action comes in.
    Hugo and Turbo both? Looks like I have a fight to get to. Either of you wanna say how you see it going?

TPowell

I hear ya. What do you think of Alves/Staropoli? I'm so torn here.
    I'm on Alves. I could be wrong and he may wilt under Staropoli's pressure but I think Alves will still be up for brawling and able to beat a super low level guy like Staropoli

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

If Irene Aldana's hands look half as good in her fight, as they do hitting pads here, I'll be impressed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxKl-NBHz3U/

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    I'm on Alves. I could be wrong and he may wilt under Staropoli's pressure but I think Alves will still be up for brawling and able to beat a super low level guy like Staropoli
    What makes Staropoli "super low level"? I think he has good striking output, variety, and cardio.

TPowell

What makes Staropoli "super low level"? I think he has good striking output, variety, and cardio.
    So before that Aldana fight, the guy was 7-1 and he had defeated a grand total of ONE guy with more than 1 win in their career pre-fight and that guy was 6-5 and was the last guy he fought before Aldana. The rest of the guys he fought were absolute bums that NEVER won a pro fight after that minus one guy who won a couple and his record is still 2-2 today. You can say that talent is talent and I agree with that to an extent but what are the chances this guy is actually a decent talent coming out of Argentina and fighting absolute bums?

Lastly, Hector Aldana was easily one of the worst fighters on the UFC roster. He won one fight on that awful TUF Latin America season and then was finished by Enrique Marin. He took over THREE years off after the TUF show and then mysteriously comes back to JOB to Kenan Song on a Singapore card. Less than 5 months later, the UFC decides to bring him in to fight Staropoli in his home country of Argentina to try and let the kid get a showcase fight. He wins the fight by decision easily but he shows he's willing to get into absolute WARS with jobbers like Aldana. That isn't a good sign regardless of how lopsided the fight was.

TPowell

That may not be the best answer but we can't really judge this kid too much until he gets in the cage with a half way competent fighter and he hasn't done that yet. This guy went from a slight dog against Aldana to a pickem against Thiago Alves in his next fight. Mind blowing stuff but I just can't imagine this kid has the goods to go into Brazil and fight a legend like Alves who is much more experienced and technical (maybe not as a distance striker but overall)

Hugo de Naranja

@TPowell Thanks for the response. We shall see

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

I was tempted to bet Alves too but sometimes you gotta just go with what your eyes see and forget about the records for a bit.

Everyone was on Aldana against Staropoli because he was a can crusher. The problem is that tape didn't show how much he improved. Aldana actually improved too but Staropoli came out looking like a very legit volume striker. Technically, it's hard to see too many things he's doing wrong. Great volume, great variety, has good movement, and can switch stances and looks equally good in both stances. He landed some very clean strikes on Aldana and Aldana ate them well.

Yes he hasn't fought anyone good and Aldana is not UFC level. But technically speaking, he seems to have the tools to win this fight against a very low volume Alves. Whether he does it or not I have no idea. I guess I would slightly favor Alves. But if this kid is still making improvements and you don't know what you're going to get, it's really hard to bet on the old man who has been through a war and been KO'd recently. Looks like a pretty clear pass to me.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave turbozed 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bjpenn85 gave turbozed 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Anyone think Rose Namajunas vs Jessica Andrade will resemble the Cory Sandhagen vs John Lineker fight.

I hope it doesn't, that was a judging nightmare.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

rooting for Rose big time and I think she will rise to the occasion assuming she does not get KO'd early...

Teem

Ended up only betting on Aldo and Silva. Good luck boys!

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Hugo and Turbo both? Looks like I have a fight to get to. Either of you wanna say how you see it going?
    Rose with some sucess early. Moving around a lot early and hitting Andrade with long range strikes. Andrade just marching forwards, probably getting outstruck but landing a few of her own as Rose jumps in a bit too deep into the pocket with fencing like shots. At some point in early rounds, Andrade finds a way to back Rose to the cage where she starts having more success. Tide turns and Rose is less mobile and Andrade with increasing pressure starts getting better of exchanges. Andrade maybe hits some TDs at the end of rounds to maybe beats Rose up down there a bit. Maybe Rose gets a second win and makes a few of later rounds close but the optics of Andrade moving forward pressuring wins her close rounds in Brazil with the help of the crowd.

I expect some Rose success early since she always starts fast and Andrade has a habit of dropping the 1st round. Also, Rd1 will give us a good idea of whether she actually has learned to fight backwards. If she barely gets touched at all in Rd1 and Andrade has no success at all, then we should probably get big dog odds on Andrade and can choose to pass or take a stab. What I'll be looking for is Rose lateral movement and whether she can strike on the back foot without jumping into range and giving Andrade some opportunities to land after Rose has thrown. If Andrade is just barely missing on her returns early, then I'd expect those to land in later rounds.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bjpenn85, and SmellMyFinger

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    I was tempted to bet Alves too but sometimes you gotta just go with what your eyes see and forget about the records for a bit.

Everyone was on Aldana against Staropoli because he was a can crusher. The problem is that tape didn't show how much he improved. Aldana actually improved too but Staropoli came out looking like a very legit volume striker. Technically, it's hard to see too many things he's doing wrong. Great volume, great variety, has good movement, and can switch stances and looks equally good in both stances. He landed some very clean strikes on Aldana and Aldana ate them well.

Yes he hasn't fought anyone good and Aldana is not UFC level. But technically speaking, he seems to have the tools to win this fight against a very low volume Alves. Whether he does it or not I have no idea. I guess I would slightly favor Alves. But if this kid is still making improvements and you don't know what you're going to get, it's really hard to bet on the old man who has been through a war and been KO'd recently. Looks like a pretty clear pass to me.
    It isn't the record as much as its the lack of ANY competition faced. He did all those things you mentioned and I do think he's improving obviously but this is a massive step up in hostile territory against a legend in Alves. I don't know my geopolitics that well but I'd say it'll be VERY difficult for a guy from a border country like Argentina to get the nod over a native Brazilian in a fight that should be Staropoli's volume against Alves counter striking with more pop.

TPowell

I added 0.5 units on Araujo ML at +250. Meant to do this earlier but lost track. She's fighting up 2 weight classes here but she's probably got a slight reach edge as Bernardo is very short for 135. On the feet, Araujo should pick her apart with her long straight punches and she does have some pop on them. She picks her shots pretty well and doesn't just throw without setting things up. Bernardo could crash forward and take her down probably but Araujo's TDD has looked good so far against less than impressive competition and her ground game isn't bad. She has some decent back takes and ability to get dominant positions but she's very loose and will give up positions that she shouldn't at the wrong time. It probably leads her down the road of getting controlled on the mat here but her feistiness on the mat could also lead to her escaping and getting back to her feet or finding a rare sub late as Bernardo's cardio is very questionable. The only downside is that Araujo is on a weeks notice here herself

TPowell

Also a little sprinkle on Araujo by SUb at +1630

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!

Also 0.5 unit on Araujo!

Teem

Looking to cash out $500 bucks this event. I think Aldo takes this for various reasons. My only worry is Silva toying around with Cannonier and getting clipped.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looking to cash out $500 bucks this event. I think Aldo takes this for various reasons. My only worry is Silva toying around with Cannonier and getting clipped.
    Hes totally unreliable at this point, in one round he can fight evenly with Israel, the other he just doest throw any punches at all.

Its a reason why you dont see me betting Silva DESPITE how tempting it may feel.

Its hard...se..+120 +130 you know its a 50/50 fight...at the end of the day, this isnt a coin toss with 10.000 throws were you will get you 20-30% advantage.

You loose...you lost your money and thats it.

Be greedy, and and buy out.

Thats my opinion, obviously you can do what the hell you want.

First 123456 ... Last