bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Think of it this way.

Yoel Romero won a silver medal in the olympics for wrestling. Who was the guy that beat Yoel and got the gold medal? Yoel definitely is not undefeated in his wrestling career. He has losses in wrestling. He has losses in his MMA career. Some thought Jacare beat Yoel Romero when they fought even though Jacare doesn't look like the most imposting physical specimen.

A good percentage of Yoel being marketed as an invincible genetic freak is just hype.

Jon Jones dominated light heavyweight which is such a shallow division that two guys from middleweight: Thiago Santos and Anthony Smith moved up to 205 and essentially wiped out everyone there except Jon Jones.

Jon Jones has plenty of losses in his amateur wrestling career. He wasn't undefeated as a wrestler because his DNA was so great. A good part of the mystique surrounding Jones could just be hype and Jones competing in a shallow weight division. Kind of like Ronda Rousey.
    How do you know that the guys who beat Yoel Romero and Jon Jones WERE NOT genetic freaks?

I guess we have a discussion to which degree athleticism has something to do with performance?

I will say its a must to be athletic, but its not enough, you need to have superb work ethics, good coaches, skills you need a lot of things.

But especially at the top..lets say top 10 in the UFC in every div, i think its quite safe to say, that a lot of the individuals are way above average athletic.

Athleticism form a base, a platform to which your skilles can grow.

Will you agree with me that all champs in the UFC currently are super athletic? If not, pick a champ which doesnt fit.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Quote Originally Posted by jacharron17 View Post
    Over 1.5 for Jacare and Hermansson is my pick! Hoping it wins!
    Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Playing th eover 1.5 as well....LEGGGO
    Nice plays men.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave UncleChael 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    How do you know that the guys who beat Yoel Romero and Jon Jones WERE NOT genetic freaks?

I guess we have a discussion to which degree athleticism has something to do with performance?

I will say its a must to be athletic, but its not enough, you need to have superb work ethics, good coaches, skills you need a lot of things.

But especially at the top..lets say top 10 in the UFC in every div, i think its quite safe to say, that a lot of the individuals are way above average athletic.

Athleticism form a base, a platform to which your skilles can grow.

Will you agree with me that all champs in the UFC currently are super athletic? If not, pick a champ which doesnt fit.

Ben Askren says his best lifetime number for running the 40 yard dash is 5.9 seconds ^. (His monologue there is interesting & worth listening to.)

From the way he dominates with his wrestling ppl might think he's a genetic freak with superior athletic advantages. Its not necessarily the case.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

He talks about experience i guess?

I love listening to Askren drop knowledge, good video!

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Watch the UFC Fight Night: Jacare vs Hermansson Post-fight Press Conference following the event.

First ... 6789