bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

UFC Fight Night: Till vs. Masvidal, March 16, 2019 at The O2 Arena in London, England

Official fight card[edit]

Main Card (ESPN+)
    Weight class Method Round Time Notes
    Welterweight Darren Till vs. Jorge Masvidal
    Welterweight Leon Edwards vs. Gunnar Nelson
    Light Heavyweight Volkan Oezdemir vs. Dominick Reyes
    Bantamweight Nathaniel Wood vs. José Alberto Quiñónez
    Welterweight Danny Roberts vs. Cláudio Silva
    Middleweight Jack Marshman vs. John Phillips
    Preliminary Card (ESPN+)
    Featherweight Arnold Allen vs. Jordan Rinaldi
    Lightweight Marc Diakiese vs. Joseph Duffy
    Middleweight Tom Breese vs. Ian Heinisch
    Featherweight Danny Henry vs. Dan Ige
    Women's Flyweight Priscila Cachoeira vs. Molly McCann
    Featherweight Mike Grundy vs. Nad Narimani

bjpenn85

Lets get this fakkin ball rolling. This is much better card for betting imo.Lets by offensive, Initial thoughts por favor!?

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Rocky and Gunner is a BRAWL.... Hienisch and Breese as well...

Penny2323
    Penny2323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Quietly this card is 🔥.... competitive fights top to bottom. Love the co main and main event Jorge getting no respect at the window.

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by Penny2323 View Post
    Quietly this card is .... competitive fights top to bottom. Love the co main and main event Jorge getting no respect at the window.
    If its a standup fight, Till will be pressing the action, winning over cerrone and ellenberger means nothing now. Tills Homefield advantage saw him win a unanimous decision win against thompson, so probably an easy win here as well. Not worth a bet though.

bjpenn85

And yes, this card is good entertainment wise + betting wise

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

I like Masvidal in that match up.. Masvidal has some damn good striking, I wouldn't rule him out on taking the fight to the ground and getting the sub win either if the striking isn't working out for him.. I'm sure he has better ground then Till anyways if all else fails..

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I like Masvidal in that match up.. Masvidal has some damn good striking, I wouldn't rule him out on taking the fight to the ground and getting the sub win either if the striking isn't working out for him.. I'm sure he has better ground then Till anyways if all else fails..
    Agreed. Masvidal is a BEAST!

bjpenn85

I agree, hopefully he will. Masvidal is not a smart fighter, or an individual. With a higher fighter iq/ cognitive iq, he would have been the champion by now. He still earns money and is happy, but im not betting on masvidal "should" take this fight to the ground, or that the judges in the UK is going to give this gangster a decision win. Not happening.

HurlSweatPants
    HurlSweatPants's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3367

Leaning with you here Jibbs for the reasons you mentioned. Masvidal has very good wrestling and TD defense, and crisper boxing comparatively. I assumed that Till would have a sizable reach advantage which might hinder Masvidal from getting inside, but that is not the case, as they have identical reach.

If you have a second, take a look at Masividals resume, he's 45 pro fights in, and has faced nothing but animals from pretty much day 1. He fought Assuncao in 2005 believe it or not. Also, Creepy Joe Lauzon, Edwards, Daley, Gil Melendez, and the list goes on. And those were several years ago, that is excluding his last 10 fights. Semi-recently, we are talking Chiesa (D'Arce choked him) Raging Al, Cowboy, Wonderboy, Benson Toothpick etc.

What is even more impressive is that fact that he has never been stopped by any of those I mentioned, and has only been stopped ITD since 2009, and that was to a sub artist in Toby Imada. He has been on the bad side 4 split decisions (which has to be a record)against Maia, Larkin, Henderson, and Al.

I know Till is young and hungry, but when it comes to experience there is no question who has the overwhelmingly huge advantage. I want to monitor the line, and also see if Till is even close to making weight, but for +200 its looking like its worthy.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Roberts ML (+145)

Well rounded guy who tends to gas later in fights a little and can be a little hesitant versus a very limited guy in Silva who is 36 years old. Silva will gas before Roberts if this fight goes long enough. Roberts just has to avoid the sub and he wins this fight in England with the home crowd going nuts.

Quinones ML (+185)

I got a little ahead of myself as I hit the first line available anywhere at 5Dimes. I just don't see how this fight isn't close to a pickem. Both guys are really aggressive on the feet and let it all hang out. Wood may be a little better wrestling wise, but I don't think he'll be able to hold Quinones down for long. I think Wood is extremely hittable due to him pushing such a high pace and his striking being fairly pedestrian at best. Give me the dog with the high fight IQ and really good cardio who keeps progressing fight to fight.

TPowell

Fight I looked at but will probably pass on is the McCann/Cachoeira fight. You may not think McCann should be -200 against anybody but watch Cachoeira's regional fights and tell me something she does good except swing from her hips and back weaker girls down.

TPowell

Slight lean to Heinisch at plus money as I made him a very slight fave against Breese. Hate to back too many non UK fighters in these type of events though. If the line hits +160 or so, I'll take a stab.

Penny2323

Nice points on Masvidal sweatpants. Jorge is as crafty as they come and also very well rounded let’s not forget he survived Maia hanging in his back for 15 as well.. not applicable in this fight however but dude is not an easy out for anybody. I’m really looking forward to the co main should be ultra competitive.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    If its a standup fight, Till will be pressing the action, winning over cerrone and ellenberger means nothing now. Tills Homefield advantage saw him win a unanimous decision win against thompson, so probably an easy win here as well. Not worth a bet though.
    Probably the worst decision of 2018. Not expecting anything different from awful British judges if this fight is even a little close.

Penny2323

Yeah I lost painfully that day... when I heard the scorecards announced I had a brief moment of relief thinking nice... no possible way Till could have won that many rounds.. sike. Be very cautious betting against the hometown guys this show..
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Penny2323 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Probably the worst decision of 2018. Not expecting anything different from awful British judges if this fight is even a little close.
    Their not brazilian judges but they come quite close sometimes, so i have a feeling Darren Till wins this fight.

Molly Mccann, looked into her yet Hugo? On the feet, it looks like an individual with boxing background in Mccann vs a brawler who likes to expose her chin and wing punches like a person who has been inside a boxing gym for 3-4 days. I see value down to -400 here, line is -200, and was -120. Its a gaping hole of a gash in the standup department for cachoheira. tdd is within 0-10%, but she never goes for td so if the fight ends up on the ground, she will most likely be on the bottom.

Still, both unproven fighters with weak records, so anyone shouldnt be superconfident in these two chicks, but if we isolate one area, like the standup, and assess, there is at least for me such a big disparity in skill, i think its betable.

t dog
    t dog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 704

I know Till is young and hungry, but when it comes to experience there is no question who has the overwhelmingly huge advantage. I want to monitor the line, and also see if Till is even close to making weight, but for +200 its looking like its worthy.[/QUOTE]

so let me get this straight. You will not put money on jds but will drop cash on Masvidal?? I might actually start fading you now and put a very small wager on Till. That fight is risky imo and I don’t want to touch it but now I might have to. I’m almost positive you made no money off mma in 2018. You and I are going to have some fun on this board sweat pants.

HurlSweatPants

Quote Originally Posted by Penny2323 View Post
    Nice points on Masvidal sweatpants. Jorge is as crafty as they come and also very well rounded let’s not forget he survived Maia hanging in his back for 15 as well.. not applicable in this fight however but dude is not an easy out for anybody. I’m really looking forward to the co main should be ultra competitive.
    Not only did he scrape him off, if the first would've went another 15-30, he might have finished that fight against Maia. Once he dropped him to the mat he was landing bombs.

After watching some more tape I also failed to mention how dangerous and underrated his leg kicks are as well. He's definitely going to be a tough out, and we'll see how Till bounces back from looking pedestrian on the ground.

PaperTrail07

Masvidal is the crisper stricker no doubt....and till walking forward SHOULD play into mas's hands...

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Till too big for Masvidal basically a 185er fighting a 155er, Till by decision

PaperTrail07

this much is true 100%....but if Till does not move his head.....goodnight.....Mas has great footwork but agree.....Till MAY have made some changes and will be WAY bigger.....
    Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    First come, first serve! As much as we all like Masvidal to win, Till takes this whether we like it or not.

t dog

After watching more footage of Till and Masvidal I believe this is a no bet or small lean on Till. Sweat pants take notes. Be very careful on Masvidal, I don’t want you to lose your ten bucks you were dropping on him.

Penny2323

T dog if your going to fire some heat at somebody sound relatively intelligent doing so... betting the juice on a guy with 1 good win under his belt against a proven top tier fighter is not the move...I’m including the size desparity Till should be thankful for especially in this bout... Dog or pass.

TPowell

Stay sharp guys. More fights than this till win via tight decision at home

t dog

Honestly penny the “intelligent” thing to do with this Till fight is not touch it imo. However if I threw a couple dollars on it, it would not be on Masvidal.

t dog

also penny let’s no act like Masvidal is some sharp play. I believe he lost to one or two Featherweights and now he is fighting a guy who could possibly fight at 185. This is a no bet/ very small play on Till because of the juice.

DavidGoliath5003
    DavidGoliath5003's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3319

My intial thoughts are Till is looking past Masvidal. Ill take a chance on Masvidal

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGoliath5003 View Post
    My intial thoughts are Till is looking past Masvidal. Ill take a chance on Masvidal
    Masvidal decision in London, when pigs fly

PaperTrail07

unless its the most 1 sided thing ever...have to agree.

t dog

Speak the truth. You would think after seeing all these bs decisions everyone in this thread would realize that and stay off this fight or bet with extreme Caution.

praisebuddha
    praisebuddha's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3488

Should be a banger! 2 dudes that just wanna throw

HurlSweatPants

Gotta respect Till, this fight doesn't really move the needle for him unless he wins convincingly. However, if Mas takes him out, it seemingly gives him one last run at the title.

Lets be honest though, if Till does lose, I wouldn't doubt the UFC gives him a can or 2 to make sure they don't put a dent in the international audience.

t dog

So who you putting money on gf???? Asking for Myself. I honestly need to watch more film on Masvidal so come on sweat pants help me out. Who gets your money on this card???

1234 ... Last