JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Thanks man - haven’t been as active here lately as I’d like. Life keeps me busy but I try to at least chime in once I’ve gotten most of my thoughts put together.
    I'm absent alot during the live events as well lately on these threads.. We do get busy doing other things at times.. I still make a point to chime in before events happen though.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

$40 unit for this card... I’m slowly working my way up but I tend to be very conservative with money, despite gambling. Got 2 kids, wife went part time, dumping all I can in retirement... this is just a fun past time for now. Real life shit taking precedent. Each year my goal is to max an IRA with gambling winnings ($5,500). Came close last year.
    I read this post. Thought it said you got two wives. 😆

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Sweet Carolineee "I'm the greatest fighter alive"

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

$40 unit for this card... I’m slowly working my way up but I tend to be very conservative with money, despite gambling. Got 2 kids, wife went part time, dumping all I can in retirement... this is just a fun past time for now. Real life shit taking precedent. Each year my goal is to max an IRA with gambling winnings ($5,500). Came close last year.
    2 kids? Then you got re-up that unit size brotha!!! Just joking, sounds sensible!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    Sweet Carolineee "I'm the greatest fighter alive"
    Lit him up!!! Slept him...

Sneaky quick right jab set up the left hooks to come..

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Lit him up!!! Slept him...

Sneaky quick right jab set up the left hooks to come..

Taking some notes as I watched this and I was writing how Jorge kept going southpaw but was doing nothing from the stance, and then...

I guess he set him up a bit and was just getting his reads. This was the first time he pulled the trigger all fight from Southpaw. He said in the interview it’s not something he goes to often so Till prob wasn’t expecting it. Jorge’s hands were looking fast though, weren’t they?

Shagdogy

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    I read this post. Thought it said you got two wives. 😆
    Haha - 2 kids is expensive no way I could afford 2 wives!
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave Shagdogy 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Shagdogy

Silva’s striking isn’t as fast or crisp that’s for sure, but Silva is actually decently quick himself. He is kind of a burst fighter where he will just rush forward and he’s very good at snatching a leg of a kick or with a quick single. Roberts does need to stick and move for sure but watch his fights he ALWAYS ends up fighting in close range at some point.
    Just re-upping this comment. If Roberts fooled you this time, let it be the last. Yes he’s long and fast and accurate with his strikes, but don’t ever again bet this guy if you think stick and move is his path to victory. He rocked Silva with pretty much every punch that landed and time and again he would get careless and march right into clinch/TD range or even worse he actually initiated tie ups and TDs. If he couldn’t see what he needed to do in this fight, he never will. Remember it.

Shagdogy

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Here's what I added since my original 3 plays. I wish I would have waited on Reyes/Volkan FGTD and just put the half unit on Reyes by DEC at +370. I don't think Volkan can win a DEC here

Duffy/Diakese FGTD at +100 for 1 unit
    Reyes/Volkan FGTD at +205 for 0.5 units
    Edwards/Nelson FGTD at -115 for 1.15 units
    Reyes by DEC at +370 for 0.5 units
    McCann by DEC at -110 for 1 unit
    Rinaldi by DEC at +210 for 1 unit
    5-1 on these, right? Nice work!

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Jorge’s hands were looking fast though, weren’t they?
    Definitely faster and more crisp than normal Masvidal. You can tell he's on the same program as Robbie Lawler whose hands looked very crisp when he fought Ben Askren.

Contrary to what jiu jitsu coaches like Firas Zahabi believe, how a person trains their striking can make a huge difference in terms of the power and speed of their strikes. When Joe Duffy has a jiu jitsu coach working his pads & kickboxing, its usually not a good sign.

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7071

Late as usual here... only things I did were the Grundy match to not go the distance and a bet for my UFC friend (who's on a bad streak), a cheap $50 bet on Till.

When I finally got home and settled, turned on the broadcast, I see Till basically just waking up... lol

Congrats to those who came out ahead.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Brett Okamoto, Dan Hardy and Paul Felder recap all the action at UFC Fight Night: Till vs. Masvidal from O2 Arena in London, with Hardy and Felder breaking down how Jorge Masvidal was able to stun the crowd and knockout Darren Till in the second round. (2:45) They also discuss where Till should go now after a second consecutive loss, (6:46) Leon Edwards’ win vs. Gunnar Nelson in the co-main event and (8:25) Dominick Reyes edging Volkan Oezdemir by decision.

With UFC London in the books, MMA Fighting’s Shaun Al-Shatti and Jose Youngs break down the top storylines coming out of Saturday night in London, England.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Crazy. Literally losing profit cause these guys. Can't believe this one.
    @danhotchocolate
    First things first, I would like to get one thing very clear: I did not submit, verbally or otherwise (play the fight/audio back). If I wanted to submit or tap out, I would have used my right hand -which was completely free at the time the referee ended the fight- to do so.

With every fight that I go into, I give my all. I make sacrifices. And I dedicate myself to the sport. The fans have seen that time after time, once I get into the octagon, I’m committed to continuing until the very end and giving the fans what they deserve. On Saturday, that opportunity was snatched from me and the fans.

I can understand that the referee may not appreciate the fact that if I ‘lose’ I get half of my money. I understand that the referee may not appreciate that I have a young family to take care of and provide for. I also understand that the referee may not appreciate, or even care, that I am trying to build something that is bigger than myself, a legacy. But what I can’t understand is how the referee made such a bad call? The @UFC is the top promotion in the world, I am a top-class athlete and, for me, it is only right that the standard of refereeing should be the same and I’m thankful for @danawhite’s comments on this situation.

‘No contest’ has been floated about but I want to avenge Saturday night properly and the only way to do that is by getting a rematch AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. This is more than fighting. This is my life and there are no tap outs. All due respect to Claudio but I’m ready to go again right now.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

UFC London: Claudio Silva Says Submission of Danny Roberts Was Legit: 'He Shouted Twice’

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post

UFC London: Claudio Silva Says Submission of Danny Roberts Was Legit: 'He Shouted Twice’

This guy is a MASSIVE fade plant. He's like the MUCH WORSE version of Sergio Moraes as his cardio is terrible and he doesn't have any striking outside of just throwing random wind up kicks.

First ... 10111213