bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I think he's the best Welterweight in the UFC and have bet him in his last five fights. Just think this is stylistically tougher than fights like RDA and Meek.
    And youre probably right about that

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    And youre probably right about that
    We shall see

SmellMyFinger
    SmellMyFinger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3316

i can;t give any of then an edge in the wrestling, an think that if twood dose not get the ko this will likely be a low volume striking match with some moments of woodley being held up against the cage and stuffing takedowns, but i do think even in that kind of a fight woodley will be landing the more impactful offence on the feet and get a decision. unless i'm wrong about the wrestling aspects of this fight and usman manages to consistently put tyrone on his ass and ware on him, i think the smart money is still on woodley, we have seen him deal with lots of different styles that tested him in various ways, and i can't say the same about usman, he has not shown us yet that his game can work without having a massive wrestling advantage over his opponents. woodley dropped a bit from the 1.62 (non yank odds) odds that i bet him on and if it goes lower i don't see any more value, but if late money comes on usman ill be adding more and a little bit on the ko prop.

also think we should drop a bit of coin on jeremy, zabit looked impressive but this is a huge stepup. he has a vicious low kick that i hope he will try to implement here vs a body type similar to holloways and if zabit lingers in the pocket for as long as he did in the bochniak fight.... he will likely wake up with a flashlight in his eye

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by SmellMyFinger View Post
    i can;t give any of then an edge in the wrestling, an think that if twood dose not get the ko this will likely be a low volume striking match with some moments of woodley being held up against the cage and stuffing takedowns, but i do think even in that kind of a fight woodley will be landing the more impactful offence on the feet and get a decision. unless i'm wrong about the wrestling aspects of this fight and usman manages to consistently put tyrone on his ass and ware on him, i think the smart money is still on woodley, we have seen him deal with lots of different styles that tested him in various ways, and i can't say the same about usman, he has not shown us yet that his game can work without having a massive wrestling advantage over his opponents. woodley dropped a bit from the 1.62 (non yank odds) odds that i bet him on and if it goes lower i don't see any more value, but if late money comes on usman ill be adding more and a little bit on the ko prop.

also think we should drop a bit of coin on jeremy, zabit looked impressive but this is a huge stepup. he has a vicious low kick that i hope he will try to implement here vs a body type similar to holloways and if zabit lingers in the pocket for as long as he did in the bochniak fight.... he will likely wake up with a flashlight in his eye
    Listen, if a guy is this good, hes good at any level. The level hes fighting at is only temporary, your making a big error to not see through that noise. Its noise those argument, hes unproven. Sometimes thats the correct angle, in the mickey gall, you can absolutely use that argument. In this matchup its not applicable imo.

Usman may get clipped, and if he gets clipped several rounds he may loose on the scorecards. If not i think he will at some point make Tyrone quit. Its a long time since we seen woodley scared and uncomfortable, i think we will see the old woodley that people doubted, who was passive, and didnt show any will to fight back, who was accepting loosing. If Woodley wins a 5 round decision here, man, i will be so impressed.

SmellMyFinger

i guess we have different standards for what good is when it comes to underdeveloped striking skills and a solid wrestling background than made up for it (so far). plus i give woodley the edge in footwork over usman , and footwork determines what takedown oportunities usman will be able to create for himself in the fight. i guess we'll see pretty soon who was right about this fight, but i still think my points stand and you bringing up gall as an example is pretty invalid in my view , gl on your bets

SmellMyFinger

also i think since wood started mixing in training with duke, his game went up several levels from what it was in the rory and shields fights, im not betting on someone putting in a wrestling clinic on him until i see it.

bjpenn85

it def will be interesting, good luck man

SmellMyFinger

definitely more interesting then the free money we got on the till fight gl all

also would like to hear more thoughts on the sharipov fight, my argument is that there is value on stevens, i think there is low chance for a sharipov ko mostly because its only 3 rounds, and i have a hard time seeing how he will be implementing his wrestling... so i think his path to victory is to out volume stevens, but as i mentioned i don't know how many times sharipov can stop stevens from closing the distance, because in boxing range i give jeremy the much higher chance of getting a ko
    Last edited by SmellMyFinger; 02-27-19 at 07:40 AM.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

MMA Pros Pick

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by SmellMyFinger View Post
    definitely more interesting then the free money we got on the till fight gl all

also would like to hear more thoughts on the sharipov fight, my argument is that there is value on stevens, i think there is low chance for a sharipov ko mostly because its only 3 rounds, and i have a hard time seeing how he will be implementing his wrestling... so i think his path to victory is to out volume stevens, but as i mentioned i don't know how many times sharipov can stop stevens from closing the distance, because in boxing range i give jeremy the much higher chance of getting a ko
    I think youre right about that. I think that if Sharipov is dumb and willing to play stephans game, or, i think most fighters that choose that route is really stupid. One thing that comes around is that in all of stephans losses, his opponent has refused to play that game. Cerrone and Swanson and to some extent moicano was willing to trade, but they did so from the outside. Frankie and Oliveira wouldnt have anything to do with stephans close range fighting, as far as i remember, and took down stephans at will. So...this cerebral talented Zabit, he will find his own way, as everyone else did, and outsmart stephans. Because you can outsmart stephans, you can make him frustrated, and if you have good enough timing, you can also take him down if he gets a little bit to excited to land a hard shot, and wops there it is. So...i think youre right, there might be some value on Stephans, but when you look at his track record for solving, high level fighters, its an abysmal sight. He has lost to all of the good fighters, not once has he beaten a top level guy. He always fall short, why? Stephans doesnt have too much else to fall back on, if he doesnt land that haymaker.

I prefer to bet on these type of fights, because these high level guys, they have a tendency to come through against the stephans of the world, which kind of, is a one trick pony.

A damn fine one trick pony that is!!
    Points Awarded:

SmellMyFinger gave bjpenn85 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Teem
    Teem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3534

I want to take Sanchez so bad.

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by Teem View Post
    Ill say its a 50/50 fight, perhaps it is a 60/40 fight in favour of Sanchez. The odds are generous, especially for many of us that anally fakked the line at +285.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Gall will maul him IMO lol......2 guys going on opposite directions in the fight game....
    Ill say its a 50/50 fight, perhaps it is a 60/40 fight in favour of Sanchez. The odds are generous, especially for many of us that anally fakked the line at +285.

PaperTrail07

This is one of those "value on his side" that never cashes.....will he fight tough.....sure.....GALL will get his hand raised...

PaperTrail07

If we are talking dogs that are live i'm lookin more at:

Perez +165-I actually expect a finish , Perez is under rated
    Munoz +145-TJ took his soul....he may spiral like Barao...Garbrandt -170 is no Juice I would lay

Am I off here......IMO both should be pickem fights THOUGHTS?

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    This is one of those "value on his side" that never cashes.....will he fight tough.....sure.....GALL will get his hand raised...
    No, this is not that typical fight. I only bet underdogs if they have at least 50% chance of winning. I think Stamman will win, and i think Garbrandt will win. Perez is annoying, but quite good. But i cant shake the feeling he will loose if he expects to do.......ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, in this fight, because hes so penetrating inactive. Hes willing to do nothing, and has no urgency to put a stamp on rounds. Even if stamann doesnt really win with some half ass takedowns which isnt really a takedown because hes not able to hold his opponent for longer than 2 sec at a time, its still give the judges something....just anything to clinge to in terms of giving out points. Munhoz is always live as a dog, i guess. But standing, Garbrandt should have the faster hands, and have the better boxing. Im generally not agreeing with anything you saying, and i like it. We need a guy like you who turn upside down on things....i just dont agree with your viewpoints.

HurlSweatPants
    HurlSweatPants's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3367

If we are talking dogs that are live i'm lookin more at:

Perez +165-I actually expect a finish , Perez is under rated
    Munoz +145-TJ took his soul....he may spiral like Barao...Garbrandt -170 is no Juice I would lay

Am I off here......IMO both should be pickem fights THOUGHTS?
    I initially overlooked the Perez line, think it holds value.

Munoz is also live, although I think I will pass. Cody has excellent TD defense, and not sure Munoz has made enough improvement to his striking to stay there very long. IF it hits the ground and stays there, Munoz will choke him TF out.

Still think Misha is live, Walker has been phenomenal thus far but Misha is a different puzzle. I would also say Torres but she is even money now, still think Torres DEC might hold value. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by HurlSweatPants; 02-27-19 at 06:10 PM.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave HurlSweatPants 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

Better take him soon then.. Odds are dropping..

3 days ago.. I jumped on it..

$100.00 $285.00 Pending 3/2/19 8:00pm UFC Fighting 1801 Diego Sanchez +285* vs Mickey Gall

Now -

UFC 235 - Welterweight 3 rounds - T-Mobile Arena - Las Vegas, Nevada - ESPN
    Sat 3/2 1801 Diego Sanchez +225
    8:00PM 1802 Mickey Gall -265

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

They think they want some.. they don't really want none - Tyron Woodley

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Better take him soon then.. Odds are dropping..

3 days ago.. I jumped on it..

$100.00 $285.00 Pending 3/2/19 8:00pm UFC Fighting 1801 Diego Sanchez +285* vs Mickey Gall

Now -

UFC 235 - Welterweight 3 rounds - T-Mobile Arena - Las Vegas, Nevada - ESPN
    Sat 3/2 1801 Diego Sanchez +225
    8:00PM 1802 Mickey Gall -265
    Smart man

Hugo de Naranja

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Smart man
    Only if it hits Hugo..

Nightmare is old and washed up and I hate betting on aging fighters that are getting dropped lately.. Mickey Gall is a one trick submission pony on the ground and his stand up blows.. I know Diego is tough on the ground.. Standing it's anyone's fight..

At +285 I had to take a stab..

PaperTrail07

Love the conversation.......Munoz has only lost a SPLIT decision since 2014 and has not been KO'd in his career.....I think for +145 IMO it screams value.....Munoz wears him down and TKO's his ass....on the activity of Stamen....I will agree....he wants to win, knows how and has more HEART.....I just feel w all the tape on him he is predictable and beatable....A Stamen win would NOT surprise me but I think Perez has the tools....but like you said he could flat decide not to fight and I HATE guys like that...
    No, this is not that typical fight. I only bet underdogs if they have at least 50% chance of winning. I think Stamman will win, and i think Garbrandt will win. Perez is annoying, but quite good. But i cant shake the feeling he will loose if he expects to do.......ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, in this fight, because hes so penetrating inactive. Hes willing to do nothing, and has no urgency to put a stamp on rounds. Even if stamann doesnt really win with some half ass takedowns which isnt really a takedown because hes not able to hold his opponent for longer than 2 sec at a time, its still give the judges something....just anything to clinge to in terms of giving out points. Munhoz is always live as a dog, i guess. But standing, Garbrandt should have the faster hands, and have the better boxing. Im generally not agreeing with anything you saying, and i like it. We need a guy like you who turn upside down on things....i just dont agree with your viewpoints.

PaperTrail07

He is a 1 trick pony when dealing with someone difficult...that's not DS anymore....Gall owns a lot of advantages here IMO.....I just see this as a miracle win for Diego.....hate going against literally the whole forum but hey ....what the hell LOL....actually think Gall finishes the fight ITD.
    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Only if it hits Hugo..

Nightmare is old and washed up and I hate betting on aging fighters that are getting dropped lately.. Mickey Gall is a one trick submission pony on the ground and his stand up blows.. I know Diego is tough on the ground.. Standing it's anyone's fight..

At +285 I had to take a stab..

Teem

Maaaaan Sanchez at +200 now. Maaaaaan, shoulda jumped on it. He made me money his last fight.

Teem

Any read on the Byrd/Shahbazyan fight?

PaperTrail07

Anyone on Garbrandt SHOULD be loving the over 1.5 RIGHT? over 1.5 -155.... Seems like munoz is only +115 now.....that's more correct...

Hugo de Naranja

He is a 1 trick pony when dealing with someone difficult...that's not DS anymore....Gall owns a lot of advantages here IMO.....I just see this as a miracle win for Diego.....hate going against literally the whole forum but hey ....what the hell LOL....actually think Gall finishes the fight ITD.
    At the end of the day, you’ve gotta trust your read. Fairplay to you if Gall gets the early finish.

PaperTrail07

Thoughts on this as a 1.5 hugO......most would have called this a 2.5 OVER/UNDER right? .....CG aint knocking him out in under 1.5 lol...hes half out thee to dance..
    Anyone on Garbrandt SHOULD be loving the over 1.5 RIGHT? over 1.5 -155.... Seems like munoz is only +115 now.....that's more correct...

Hugo de Naranja

Thoughts on this as a 1.5 hugO......most would have called this a 2.5 OVER/UNDER right? .....CG aint knocking him out in under 1.5 lol...hes half out thee to dance..
    Don’t love a side either way. Picking Garbrandt Decision but I think if he loses it’ll be an early Munhoz finish. Also wouldn’t be shocked if Garbrandt KOed Munhoz since Garbrandt is very powerful and Munhoz is hittable.

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7037

Need more Smith backers to pour in more money.... please.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Thanks to Hugo on this one. I hit it for 1u too.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave The HOFF 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Don’t like that I appear to be one of the few on Woodley. I think he can land his counter right big time in this fight. I think Usman will come forward and Woodley is good at moving back and then pouncing forward with a huge right counter. Also I don’t think Usman has the wrestling advantage here. There’s a pretty sizeable difference in DI and DII wrestling. Haven’t laid my bet yet with the line still dropping but might tone it down a bit with BJ and Hugo on Usman.

I’m all over Askren. Sizable bet for me.

Wanted to bet on Munhoz coming into the card but after watching some fights I just think he is way too slow to keep up with Garbrandt. Munhoz May pull out a KO though as I think Garbrandt is a little chiny after all the boxing experience and his last two KO losses. Probably passing on this fight.

Pumped for this card, but won’t be able to watch. Flying home on Sat night. FML!

bjpenn85

Love the conversation.......Munoz has only lost a SPLIT decision since 2014 and has not been KO'd in his career.....I think for +145 IMO it screams value.....Munoz wears him down and TKO's his ass....on the activity of Stamen....I will agree....he wants to win, knows how and has more HEART.....I just feel w all the tape on him he is predictable and beatable....A Stamen win would NOT surprise me but I think Perez has the tools....but like you said he could flat decide not to fight and I HATE guys like that...
    Munhoz doesnt have the best defence but hes definitely rounding out his game, his improving, while garbrandt....we will see if he has learnt anything after that stint with TJ, twice, he made the same mistake, hes not very sharp imo. But those hands are criminally fast, common cody, you can do it!

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    Don’t like that I appear to be one of the few on Woodley. I think he can land his counter right big time in this fight. I think Usman will come forward and Woodley is good at moving back and then pouncing forward with a huge right counter. Also I don’t think Usman has the wrestling advantage here. There’s a pretty sizeable difference in DI and DII wrestling. Haven’t laid my bet yet with the line still dropping but might tone it down a bit with BJ and Hugo on Usman.

I’m all over Askren. Sizable bet for me.

Wanted to bet on Munhoz coming into the card but after watching some fights I just think he is way too slow to keep up with Garbrandt. Munhoz May pull out a KO though as I think Garbrandt is a little chiny after all the boxing experience and his last two KO losses. Probably passing on this fight.

Pumped for this card, but won’t be able to watch. Flying home on Sat night. FML!

Youre probably right about Woodley though. Its def a cause for concern that Usman probably doesnt have the defence in place atm, while woodley has perfected moving backwards and explode forward with his back against the cage. Hes super good at it. put my money down when i saw +160 so the bet partially come to fruition based on a good price. Askren handicap with a small amount on Lawler tko is a great bet.

First 123456 ... Last