bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    You're crazy if you don't think Henry Cejudo doesn't have a chance.
    He has a chance, but he doesnt have a chance in hell imo

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

You're crazy if you don't think Henry Cejudo doesn't have a chance.

PaperTrail07

is Te Edwards ready for a brawl with Bermudez? DB seems like a no brainer here at -125......coming off FOUR losses he NEEDS this win....
    he could just out-tough Edwards for a win......DB can also get up if taken down so Edwards cant lay on him......closer fight than it SEEMS considering but still think its the right side...

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    is Te Edwards ready for a brawl with Bermudez? DB seems like a no brainer here at -125......coming off FOUR losses he NEEDS this win....
    he could just out-tough Edwards for a win......DB can also get up if taken down so Edwards cant lay on him......closer fight than it SEEMS considering but still think its the right side...
    I just hate Bermudez chin, but my opinion after watching tape on Te edwards, was that he doesnt have enough game to stop Bermudez. I arrived at that conclusion after a very brief review as i kind of knew that i cant put any money on Bermudez chin anyway.

Perhaps a split dec victory coming his way this time around after three straight consecutive split dec loss lol?
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave bjpenn85 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

I just think its a bit much for Te and that he should be bigger than +120....say +160 ish.....Won easily in contender was was never tested.....got clipped in first UFC fight round 1..shit scramble....ended up with a TD to lay on the guy....then got rocked in round 2 for a TKO loss.......now IMO getting tested even more...big test for +120 Right?? am I off here?.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    I just hate Bermudez chin, but my opinion after watching tape on Te edwards, was that he doesnt have enough game to stop Bermudez. I arrived at that conclusion after a very brief review as i kind of knew that i cant put any money on Bermudez chin anyway.

Perhaps a split dec victory coming his way this time around after three straight consecutive split dec loss lol?

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

i promised myself id bet on Bermudez again and i have to stick to this... basically his last 4 losses he was better then his opponent but he finds a way to lose everytime... not sure if its his coaches gameplan, mental issues or something but he just doesnt have that winning quality... guys fighting a nobody and is -125 which seems SO tempting but not sure i can bring myself to it

bjpenn85

I just think its a bit much for Te and that he should be bigger than +120....say +160 ish.....Won easily in contender was was never tested.....got clipped in first UFC fight round 1..shit scramble....ended up with a TD to lay on the guy....then got rocked in round 2 for a TKO loss.......now IMO getting tested even more...big test for +120 Right?? am I off here?.
    Youre not off i think, its more of an educated guess. And thats mostly what were left with if a guy hasnt had 2-3 fight in the ufc. Any guy with decent power is a potential threat, and Te Edwards has power although he has Koed a bunch of bums on the regional circuit.

Im not confident to place money on Bermudez not getting tkoed even by a pretty random inexperienced dude from the regionals.

Im perhaps to cautious, but that worry comes from getting burned plenty full of times. Is that making me overly cautious? Maybe, but thats my 5 cent.

I think the odds are a reflection of that aspect, it doesnt really matter if bermudez is easily winning in all department if he gets tkoed. Then the odds showed that yes, this was the reason why the line was pretty low on Bermudez hes the better fighter but he has a gigantic hole in his arsenal that surpasses hes athtletic gifts and ufc merits.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

This isn't compelling logic Papes. I can see Bermudez winning this for sure but it will be because his skills are better. He "needed" a win when we was on a three fight losing streak and didn't get it. "Needing" a win does not matter at all and shouldn't be part of capping a fight imo

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Tj gets taken down by Dominick Cruz. Henry probably has better hands than TJ too tbh..
    Yeah messed up my wording in other post.
    Last edited by UncleChael; 01-09-19 at 07:50 AM.

bjpenn85

Tj gets taken down by Dominick Cruz. Henry probably has better hands than TJ too tbh..
    Nah i dont agree with any of that. Whole point why cruz gets takedown is that he is a master at setting them up, hes blending, and was pioneer in doing that.

Cejudo doesnt have the best striking all around. Doesnt matter if your boxing is marginally better. TJs movement, punch selection, going from striking to wrestling bla bla is overall better. And thats whats count imo.

bjpenn85

Starting to like Glover. I think he will use same strategy as against M.cirkunov.

Dont know if a bet it. I put glover inside dist in a parlay.

bjpenn85

Also have Ortix by TKO at 13.50. Ortiz start to rack up wins by TKO after understanding that ufc hates boring grinders. Benavidez bit more chinny than before. Got to play this

PaperTrail07

If you remember, we differ on this....you think it does not matter, I do.....Sean Strickland literally said after his last KO....I took more risks bc I needed a W and KO to keep my job LOL....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    This isn't compelling logic Papes. I can see Bermudez winning this for sure but it will be because his skills are better. He "needed" a win when we was on a three fight losing streak and didn't get it. "Needing" a win does not matter at all and shouldn't be part of capping a fight imo

PaperTrail07

A fighter with his back to the wall usually shows more heart IMO....esp veterans....not that a fighter does not bring his A game every fight....a LOSE AND YOUR CUT.....mentality CAN IMO....add a little fuel to the fire...

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

After Bermudez got KOD by Korean Zombie in a main event he shouldve had the back to the wall mentality ..... but then he lost a split decision to somebody hes much better then in Elkins.... then again he REALLY shouldve had that mentality after getting KOD and losing to somebody imo hes easily better then but losses ANOTHER SPLIT DECISION ... imo Fili has improved but he should win that fight as well..... 1 ko and 2 splits in a row man this guy should have the most fire ever and come in super hot.... nope losses ANOTHER SPLIT DECISION ??????
    now hes fighting some barely non UFC fighter who knows with this guy honestly, he finds a way to lose fights he should win, cant trust him, and saying his backs against the wall does nothing , sometimes it would even be worse adding on more stress
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave firekillex 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

bjpenn85 gave firekillex 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07 gave firekillex 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

Totally disagree. No one has ever held TJ down and Dillashaw definitely has better striking.

Let’s get some BetPoints cooking.

Hugo de Naranja

Also have Ortix by TKO at 13.50. Ortiz start to rack up wins by TKO after understanding that ufc hates boring grinders. Benavidez bit more chinny than before. Got to play this
    I like this quite a bit too. Think there is a solid value at this price.

bjpenn85

I like this quite a bit too. Think there is a solid value at this price.
    I knew you also liked this one.

What do you think about the underdogs here?

-Texeira, Cerrone, Sandhagen, Ortiz.

(Texeiria, old and washed up, maybe, still beat cirkunov. Cerrone, old and washed up, maybe, still beating up most dudes. Sandhagen, seems veeeeery god imo. Ortiz can easyily be as as good as benavidez by now @+ 200 or + 275 opener. Horrible line setting. ITS WRRRRRRONG. If i was setting the odds would open up with ortiz at +180)

UncleChael

Totally disagree. No one has ever held TJ down and Dillashaw definitely has better striking.

He got out struck and wrestled by Dominick Cruz. Facts.
    Im still living off the Rose Numajunas Bet points, but we will see
    And HENRY literally just beat the most successful champion AT HIS OWN game... You're crazy if you don't think Henry has a chance.
    Last edited by UncleChael; 01-09-19 at 12:37 PM.

Hugo de Naranja

I knew you also liked this one.

What do you think about the underdogs here?

-Texeira, Cerrone, Sandhagen, Ortiz.

(Texeiria, old and washed up, maybe, still beat cirkunov. Cerrone, old and washed up, maybe, still beating up most dudes. Sandhagen, seems veeeeery god imo. Ortiz can easyily be as as good as benavidez by now @+ 200 or + 275 opener. Horrible line setting. ITS WRRRRRRONG. If i was setting the odds would open up with ortiz at +180)
    I think the value is in Tex though I’m not betting him and I like Cerrone the best of those four.

I like Sandhagen and Ortiz as fighters but don’t think they win here.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

He got out struck and wrestled by Dominick Cruz. Facts.
    Im still living off the Rose Numajunas Bet points, but we will see
    And HENRY literally just beat the most successful champion AT HIS OWN game... You're crazy if you don't think Henry has a chance.

PaperTrail07

You kind of steered into my point.....he loses to Te' Edwards, he might as well pack up and leave himself.....I think he knows this....the rest are Big ISH names......and they were SPLITS..... Thanks for the input Fellas..... Appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    After Bermudez got KOD by Korean Zombie in a main event he shouldve had the back to the wall mentality ..... but then he lost a split decision to somebody hes much better then in Elkins.... then again he REALLY shouldve had that mentality after getting KOD and losing to somebody imo hes easily better then but losses ANOTHER SPLIT DECISION ... imo Fili has improved but he should win that fight as well..... 1 ko and 2 splits in a row man this guy should have the most fire ever and come in super hot.... nope losses ANOTHER SPLIT DECISION ??????
    now hes fighting some barely non UFC fighter who knows with this guy honestly, he finds a way to lose fights he should win, cant trust him, and saying his backs against the wall does nothing , sometimes it would even be worse adding on more stress

PaperTrail07

On Tex as well....
    I think the value is in Tex though I’m not betting him and I like Cerrone the best of those four.

I like Sandhagen and Ortiz as fighters but don’t think they win here.

Hugo de Naranja

@Unc

T.J. has been taken down a grand total of 5 times in his career. For those 5 times he was controlled for a total of 39 seconds and an average of less than 8 seconds per TD. If Cejudo, Lays and Prays here, he’d be the first person to have success with that game plan in Dillashaw’s 15 UFC fights.

Also, Dillashaw landed more Total Strikes than Cruz and also did all of the damage in that fight. I scored it 48-47 Dillashaw.

How many BetPoints are we going?

UncleChael

@Unc

T.J. has been taken down a grand total of 5 times in his career. For those 5 times he was controlled for a total of 39 seconds and an average of less than 8 seconds per TD. If Cejudo, Lays and Prays here, he’d be the first person to have success with that game plan in Dillashaw’s 15 UFC fights.

Also, Dillashaw landed more Total Strikes than Cruz and also did all of the damage in that fight. I scored it 48-47 Dillashaw.

How many BetPoints are we going?
    Did you take Cody G over TJ in the first fight? #lost
    Last edited by UncleChael; 01-09-19 at 04:09 PM.

Hugo de Naranja

Did you take Cody G over TJ in the first fight? #lost
    Lol

I did. Then I bet TJ in the rematch. Obviously Garbrandt vs. Dillashaw is a totally different style matchup.

UncleChael

Tell 'em Uncle Chael sent ya.

Hugo de Naranja

Tell 'em Uncle Chael sent ya.
    You still haven't answered my question.

How many BetPoints we going?

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Henry did absolutely nothing with his takedowns with DJ. Him taking the belt like that off of a guy who held it so long to me is kinda embarrassing and i bet Henry. I doubt he does anything with a takedown against Dillashaw.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Henry did absolutely nothing with his takedowns with DJ. Him taking the belt like that off of a guy who held it so long to me is kinda embarrassing and i bet Henry. I doubt he does anything with a takedown against Dillashaw.
    Yeah he did literally no damage against DJ. Thought DJ edged it 3-2.

Thor4140

Yeah he did literally no damage against DJ. Thought DJ edged it 3-2.
    In the beginning i thought the only way he loses this fight is if the weight cut effects him. Than a video comes out where he doesn’t look to good of course a day after i make my bet and now i have a shitty line. TJ tho trains so smart and has a great people around him and takes this so seriously when u hear him talk i have no problem with his weight cut. He was on some mma show today, the one with Meisha Tate and he is all about science of the body and throw in i love guys that watch film (Woodley and Jones for example). I forgot TJ was so in tune with his training or i would have never been worried in the first place. TJ so smart the fuker is prolly betting on himself and wanted a better line lol. He laughed about the video that came out.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Thor4140 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thor4140

Another thing that will worry me greatly about TJ is if Insanity Check comes in here and tells us that there is some kind of bad bacteria floating around near his gym so buyer beware.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    In the beginning i thought the only way he loses this fight is if the weight cut effects him. Than a video comes out where he doesn’t look to good of course a day after i make my bet and now i have a shitty line. TJ tho trains so smart and has a great people around him and takes this so seriously when u hear him talk i have no problem with his weight cut. He was on some mma show today, the one with Meisha Tate and he is all about science of the body and throw in i love guys that watch film (Woodley and Jones for example). I forgot TJ was so in tune with his training or i would have never been worried in the first place. TJ so smart the fuker is prolly betting on himself and wanted a better line lol. He laughed about the video that came out.
    Good points for sure. This cut will be difficult for TJ but I think his skills (especially in the standup) are significantly better.

Thor4140

Good points for sure. This cut will be difficult for TJ but I think his skills (especially in the standup) are significantly better.
    He said he is at 138 right now and real happy with it. I remember i heard him once say that he likes to train at the weight he fights. What he meant is that when he fights at 135 he usually comes in at say 148. He says he will train at 148 to get the maximum of his training. The guy has skills and is a thinker. A nice combination to have.

First 12345 ... Last