firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

seeing videos of Holloway he still doesnt look right imo.... he has never been the sharpest tool in the shed but something about his speech and eyes just look off to me

guy is gigantic for 145 and cutting all that weight plus he might train like a meathead in hawaii , im not sure hes all there right now.. Ortega isnt some huge hitter but its something to keep an eye on

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post

@ 7:02

Brian Ortega could have that low testosterone "dad bod" steroid users develop when they come off steroids.

There are certain foods a person can eat to naturally raise their test levels.

There is a myth some foods like soy can decrease testosterone levels in the body hence "soy boys". Etc.

You might think that pro athletes would be aware of this basic info but I suspect some of them don't know.
    I’m still trying to find anything on this tape especially at 702, that mentions anything about steroids

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    I’m still trying to find anything on this tape especially at 702, that mentions anything about steroids
    Casual MMA fans wouldn't know about this.

https://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...teroids-082214
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave Sanity Check 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

LBfightlife
    LBfightlife's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1062

Lol at being pegged as a casual Ortega was popped for PEDs a few years ago when he first made it into big show. He always had dad bod though . Hes (part?) Mexican also and from my experience and observation helps in the Chin department. Has Ortega's chin been tested must? Also had he faced a rangey and high volume fighter akin to max before ?

After Roid use (who know what he all used and how long) Low T is common ao wouldn't be surprised if he had low T. Hasnt really effected him so far if he has a deficiency.

Ortega is on a tear.. not sure who his striking coach is.. but his hands and kicks have come a long way.

Im leaning he will be able to hold his own with Holloway on the feet or maybe surprise him and catch him then get it to the mat. He is on another level then Holloway on the ground . Max and his team know this .

Also what's with max doing all the screwing around tripping his friends in the snow and snowboarding ? People have been taken out of fights doing much less dangerous things. Maybe what's being said has some credence to it about his mental state. Hard to bet against Max's streak but Ortega is also streaking.

This is an amazing fight
    Last edited by LBfightlife; 12-05-18 at 02:14 AM.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by LBfightlife View Post
    Lol at being pegged as a casual Ortega was popped for PEDs a few years ago when he first made it into big show. He always had dad bod though . Hes Mexican also and thats more common but wouldn't be surprised if he had low T.

Hes on a tear.. not sure who his striking coach is.. but his hands and kicks have come a long way.

I think he will be able to hold his own with Holloway or maybe surprise him and catch him then get it to the mat. He is on another level then Holloway on the ground . Max and his team know this .
    Ortega's striking coach is James Luhrsen.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Ortega's striking coach is James Luhrsen.
    ya pretty sure he trains out of Blackzillians
    Regardless Holloway is better then Ortega on the feet, he has a great chin with huge output
    Ortega is much better on the ground but his wrestling is garbage, he isnt scared to jump guard or go for crazy submissions though

2 guys who are young and on a huge roll, gonna be amazing to watch this live

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    Regardless Holloway is better then Ortega on the feet, he has a great chin with huge output
    Ortega is much better on the ground but his wrestling is garbage, he isnt scared to jump guard or go for crazy submissions though

Do you mean Blackhouse? Blackzillians is the defunct camp in Florida with Rashad and a few others.

Hugo de Naranja

What section are you in?

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Casual MMA fans wouldn't know about this.

https://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...teroids-082214
    After 4 years of dismantling people of the highest quality the ufc has to offer I’m pretty sure he has put the steroid need to rest

Thor4140

These two are just holding the belt for Renato Caneiro. Love to see Holloway and him go at it. He was beating Ortega when Ortega pulled one out of his ass to beat him. Caneiro gets better each fight. I think all three of these 145 giants need to move to 155

firekillex

Do you mean Blackhouse? Blackzillians is the defunct camp in Florida with Rashad and a few others.
    yaa i meant blackhouse haha super baked when i typed that and most likely still am
    was just watching the UFC embedded and it was showing them as well actually..

side note everybody who likes embedded / countdowns should watch a youtube channel called " anatomy of a fighter " some great footage on that channel , same kind of format

and hugo ill be at section 111 for the fights
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave firekillex 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

firekillex

These two are just holding the belt for Renato Caneiro. Love to see Holloway and him go at it. He was beating Ortega when Ortega pulled one out of his ass to beat him. Caneiro gets better each fight. I think all three of these 145 giants need to move to 155
    you meaning holding the belt for Zabit **
    and i agree Holloway 100% needs to move up soon, Ortega i think has some more time at 145 tbh but him against Khabib stylistically would be amazing... A lot of these top 45ers are fckin huge right now Zabit as well hes basically the same size as Holloway it looks like

i hope these rumors of 165 are true because that would open a ton of things up for these guys who weight 145-175 range

LBfightlife

One more thing.. I think Ortega has the better camp, more training partners..

Hawaii Is small.. Hawaii MMA is even smaller. You saw the size of his gym on the countdown. Not to say its garbage but Yancey Mederos is a gatekeeper at best..thats probably his highest level training partner, not sure about their Musy Thai scene. I think Max is mainly running on physical gifts/talent.

firekillex

One more thing.. I think Ortega has the better camp, more training partners..

Hawaii Is small.. Hawaii MMA is even smaller. You saw the size of his gym on the countdown. Not to say its garbage but Yancey Mederos is a gatekeeper at best..thats probably his highest level training partner, not sure about their Musy Thai scene. I think Max is mainly running on physical gifts/talent.
    overall Mixed Martial Arts skills Ortega is better imo, But Holloway has a granite chin, unlimited cardio and solid striking /length kind of reminds me of a hawaiian Diaz brother with his striking output/cardio/chin

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

He is the hottest, most sexy fighter on the UFC roster imo. I think we are lucky with such an adonis like Elias Theodorou.
    Last edited by Thrilla; 12-05-18 at 10:18 AM.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

^^ He's a very handsome man, could be Jesus.. lol.. .. Can't stand watching that guy fight.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Yup I remember that fight.. The thing about Ortega is you can never count him out, seen him losing on points in severals fight then grab the submission or work his way out of the slow starts... I'm not gonna call that lucky either.. More like will to win and makes it happen..

Last 6 fights in the UFC all finishes.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Brian-Ortega-65310

Very hard to bet against Brian Ortega right now as he's been improving also, he's a very good live bet option to say the least after round 1.. He's a finisher..

1005 Ortega wins inside distance +146
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 12-05-18 at 11:40 AM.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

The hype on Eryk Anders has really died down. Now a +105 underdog against hometown boy Theodorou.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    The hype on Eryk Anders has really died down. Now a +105 underdog against hometown boy Theodorou.
    Theodorou is impossible to finish, he runner and stick and move fighter that stays at distance.. Anders gas tank is gonna slow down as the fight continues.. Elias by decision is looking like the call in that fight.. Anders is gonna be chasing a ghost around the cage for 3 rounds and is gonna behind on points..

1707 Theodorou wins by 3 round decision +140

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Holloway sick and may pull out...https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/12/...t-cut-mma-news

Shiiiit...

Ortega puzzled by Holloway’s mystery health problem: ‘What the f--k do you mean you don’t know what it is?’

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Prelim write ups are in -

205 lbs.:
    Devin Clark vs. Aleksandar Rakic

Devin Clark (9-2) — one of the first products of Dana White’s “Lookin’ for a Fight” — opened his Octagon career 2-2, decisions over Josh Stansbury and Jake Collier sandwiched between stoppage losses to Alex Nicholson and Jan Blachowicz. His sole 2018 appearance saw him get back on track with a decision over “Contender Series” alum Mike Rodriguez.
    He will give up four inches of height and three inches of reach to Aleksandar Rakic (10-1).
    Rakic’s Octagon debut saw him go the distance for the first time in his career in a one-sided victory over Francimar Barroso. He had to settle for another decision his next time out, but was so dominant against Justin Ledet that he produced one of the most numerically lopsided decisions in the history of the sport.
    He has knocked out seven and submitted one as a professional.
    Rakic looks like the goods. We already knew he was dangerous on the feet, but with the addition of strong wrestling and ground-and-pound, he becomes an immediate threat in a top-heavy division. Though Clark is a strong athlete, Rakic appears to have his number, as the latter’s kickboxing far outstrips Clark’s janky boxing and their respective wrestling should cancel out.
    Clark showed against Jan Blachowicz that he doesn’t really know how to get inside a lengthier opponent, and that’s not a flaw he can have against a finisher like Rakic. The Austrian slugger clips Clark coming in and pounds him out in the first round.
    Prediction: Rakic via first-round technical knockout

135 lbs.: Brad Katona vs. Matthew Lopez

Brad Katona (7-0) entered The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 27 with an undefeated (6-0) record, but wound up as Daniel Cormier’s penultimate Featherweight pick. He went on to exceed expectations, running the table and ultimately defeating Jay Cucciniello at the Finale.
    He faces a 4.5” reach disadvantage come fight night.
    Matthew Lopez (10-3) suffered his first career defeat in his Octagon debut, getting out-scrambled and eventually submitted by Rani Yahya, but came back to defeat Mitch Gagnon and Johnny Eduardo in entertaining fashion. He currently finds himself in a two-fight skid after stoppage losses to Raphael Assuncao and Alejandro Perez.
    His eight stoppage victories are split evenly between knockouts and submissions.
    It’s rough to see a genuinely exciting fighter like Lopez struggle so badly. He’s got power, strong takedowns, and great scrambling ability, but his durability and cardio issues continue to hold him back. The Perez fight was especially egregious, as Lopez controlled the first round before gassing out early in the second. Katona, who packs a decent punch, good gas tank, and enough wrestling to hold his own against Featherweights, looks to be another tough out.
    Lopez’s aggression should carry him to an early lead on the scorecards. Once fatigue starts setting in from Katona’s own scrambling, though, this TUF winner will increasingly control the stand up and bank enough top control to pick up the win.
    Prediction: Katona via unanimous decision

170 lbs.: Chad Laprise vs. Dhiego Lima

Chad Laprise (13-3) made his Welterweight return last year after a 3-2 run in UFC’s Lightweight division, knocking out Brian Camozzi and Galore Bofando in 2017. This past May, Vicente Luque halted his momentum with a powerful left hook that ended “The Disciple’s” three-fight win streak.
    He has knocked out seven professional opponents, including three of his last four.
    Dhiego Lima (12-7) came back from his unsuccessful first UFC tenure to win the Titan FC Welterweight title, only to lose it in his next fight. He proceeded to reach the finals of TUF 25 before tapping to a Jesse Taylor choke, then lost a decision to veteran grinder Yushin Okami.
    He is four inches taller than Laprise and will have as many inches of reach.
    Douglas Lima is the most terrifying Welterweight outside of UFC. Dhiego Lima is just barely UFC-caliber. Strange how things work.
    Dhiego simply doesn’t have the durability or wrestling to excel at the highest level. Four knockout losses have demonstrated that any protracted punching exchanges are tempting fate and his legitimately solid grappling game isn’t worth much if he can’t get on top to use it. Laprise has the boxing to slip past Lima’s guard, the power to crack his chin, and the takedown defense to keep it standing long enough to do it. He drops Lima’s Octagon record to 1-6 with a first-round starching.
    Prediction: Laprise via first-round knockout

155 lbs.: Jesse Ronson vs. Carlos Diego Ferreira

Jesse Ronson (20-8) washed out of UFC after three consecutive split decision losses, then embarked on a three-fight losing streak soon after. He has since won five straight, four of them by stoppage.
    “The Body Snatcher” steps in for John Makdessi on a week’s notice.
    Carlos Diego Ferreira (13-2) followed a pair of Octagon victories with a pair of losses, then upset Olivier Aubin-Mercier in his biggest victory to date. A failed drug test kept him out of action for the next two years, after which he pounded out Jared Gordon in less than two minutes. He has scored six wins by submission and two by (technical) knockout, earning “Performance of the Night” for his submission of Colton Smith and “Fight of the Night” for his knockout of Ramsey Nijem.
    Ronson did well in defeat against Michel Prazeres, Francisco Trinaldo and Kevin Lee during his first UFC run, all of whom have done extraordinarily well since. It’s good to see him get another shot, even if it is against an extremely tough customer. Now that Dustin Poirier knocked his brawling habit out of him, Ferreira is a lethal submission artist with surprising power in his hands, and he’s shown newfound wrestling prowess.
    If he could manhandle Aubin-Mercier, he can handle a late-notice striker. Unless Ronson can live up to his moniker and punish the Brazilian’s midsection early, Ferreira drags him to the mat and chokes him out in short order.
    Prediction: Ferreira via first-round submission

115 lbs.: Claudia Gadelha vs. Nina Ansaroff

Following wins over Cortney Casey and Karolina Kowalkiewicz, the latter of which saw Claudia Gadelha (16-3) score her first finish since 2013, “Claudinha” fell short in a wild “Fight of the Night” against Jessica Andrade. She returned to action nine months later against former champion Carla Esparza, narrowly edging “The Cookie Monster” at UFC 225.
    She is one inch shorter than “The Strina” and will give up reach in both the arms and legs.
    Nina Ansaroff (9-5) stumbled out of the gate with decision losses to Juliana Lima and Justine Kish, but has since won three straight. She choked out Jocelyn Jones-Lybarger for her first UFC victory, then defeated Angela Hill and Randa Markos in a pair of entertaining decisions.
    Four of her six stoppage wins have come via (technical) knockout.
    Ansaroff is legitimately one of the best strikers at 115 pounds, especially now that Joanna Jedrzejczyk is plying her craft at Flyweight. Heck, I think she’d be a decent match up for Rose Namajunas and most of the fighters in the rankings, save perhaps a handful of tough outs.
    Gadelha is among that handful.
    The key to wearing down Gadelha is making her burn herself out trying to establish and maintain top control, and while Ansaroff can control the striking even with the threat of Gadelha’s jab, I’m not sure she can consistently scramble out from underneath the hulking Brazilian. Gadelha will fade late as she always does, but I say she banks the first two rounds via top control and survives Ansaroff’s comeback attempt.
    Prediction: Gadelha via split decision

125 lbs.: Katlyn Chookagian vs. Jessica Eye

Katlyn Chookagian (11-1) went 2-1 as a Bantamweight in UFC before dropping to 125 pounds in January. After debuting with a decision over Mara Romero Borella in Charlotte, “Blonde Fighter” returned to the UFC on FOX airwaves with a successful back-and-forth battle with veteran Alexis Davis.
    She will have three inches of height and two inches of reach on Eye.
    Jessica Eye (13-6) won just one of her first seven UFC bouts, prompting her own move to Flyweight. She’s found considerably more success there, winning decisions over Kalindra Faria and Jessica-Rose Clark.
    “Evil” has four wins via stoppage, three of them (technical) knockouts.
    So, spoiler warning, this one’s going the distance. Chookagian has one finish in her last eight fights, Eye one in her last 10. It’ll be a measured striking battle at range, one that seems to favor Chookagian. Eye will struggle to outwork her foe, and though she’s crafty enough with her jab to find the mark against a lengthier opponent, she doesn’t have enough power to make up the difference.
    Eye’s key to victory may be her wrestling, which she’s leaned on since dropping to 125 pounds. It’ll be close, and Eye could very well have an argument for victory, but considering their respective luck in close fights and Chookagian’s output, I say “Blonde Fighter” ekes out another decision.
    Prediction: Chookagian via split decision

185 lbs.:
    Elias Theodorou vs. Eryk Anders

Elias Theodorou (15-2) — winner of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF): “Nations” — has quietly put together a 7-2 record in UFC’s Middleweight division. He currently rides a two-fight win streak, defeating Daniel Kelly and Trevor Smith by unanimous decision.
    “The Spartan” has stopped six opponents with strikes, though none since 2015.
    Eryk Anders (11-2) rebounded from a narrow loss to Lyoto Machida in his first UFC main event to knockout Tim Williams with one of 2018’s nastiest head kicks. Less than one month later, “Ya Boy” stepped up in weight on short notice to challenge Thiago Santos, ultimately succumbing to “Marreta’s” brutal striking.
    Six of his eight stoppage victories have come in the first round.
    This is one of those weird fights that will vacillate between exciting and unwatchable depending on who’s winning. It’ll be great if Anders is hurling his left hand with abandon, garbage if Theodorou is chilling in the clinch or throwing ineffectual kicks at range.
    Unfortunately for “The Spartan,” Anders is strong enough to avoid being muscled around against the fence clinch and has far, far superior boxing. Theodorou is too durable to put away, but expect Anders to touch him up for the full 15 minutes.
    Prediction: Anders via unanimous decision

155 lbs.: Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Gilbert Burns

Olivier Aubin-Mercier (11-3) put a surprising loss to Carlos Diego Ferreira behind him to win four straight, upping his Octagon record to 7-2. “The Quebec Kid” went on to face fast-rising Alexander Hernandez, and despite showing some slick Judo, faded down the stretch on his way to a decision defeat.
    His eight submission wins include seven via rear-naked choke
    Though Gilbert Burns’ (13-3) Brazilian jiu-jitsu pedigree carried him to UFC, his knockout power has taken center stage recently, earning him savage one-punch finishes of Jason Saggo and Dan Moret. He tried to do the same to Dan Hooker in July, but the durable Kiwi came out on top in a firefight and put away Burns midway through the first round.
    He has submitted seven professional opponents and knocked out another five.
    This looks like one of those rare grappler-versus-grappler fights where the inevitable striking battle will wind up being actually watchable. Aubin-Mercier has developed a nasty body attack and Burns has dynamite in his hands. Even if we don’t get to see elite judo against elite jiu-jitsu, this could be fun.
    Aubin-Mercier’s struggles against Ferreira and Hernandez have me questioning the effectiveness of his judo against big, explosive grapplers, a bill Burns fits nicely. “Durinho” gets back on track, keeping the fight standing and ultimately lamping the fading Canuck sometime in the second.
    Prediction: Burns via second-round knockout

Current UFC “Prelims” Prediction Record for 2018: 178-78-1
    Points Awarded:

praisebuddha gave JIBBBY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

LBfightlife

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Holloway sick and may pull out...https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/12/...t-cut-mma-news

Shiiiit...

Ortega puzzled by Holloway’s mystery health problem: ‘What the f--k do you mean you don’t know what it is?’
    You gotta be kidding me! That idiot! What does he expect to happen with all that playing around in the snow.. hes Hawaiian..

He sure doesnt act like a world champion.. trying to be like Cowboy Cerrone.

Also guys my bad I was confusing Alex Oliveria with Charles "do bronx" Olivera.. (I know wrong weight class) so Cowboy Olivera will have a good striking advantage .. not sure how to play that one as yes I agree that SBG has been a shitl ately. .

LBfightlife

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post

Shiiiit...

Jibbz you had me worried there,I think you may have misread the article big guy.

No concerns (yet)this time around, I think they were referring to his health issues for the last few bouts.

strictlypaypal
    strictlypaypal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4351

Yes. Ortega is talking about 2 months ago when they were on that show, that max still didnt know what it was.

Maybe there is some truth to that alcohol /drug rumors thats why they cant find anything

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Jibbz you had me worried there,I think you may have misread the article big guy.

No concerns (yet)this time around, I think they were referring to his health issues for the last few bouts.
    Ok maybe I did.. I hope so.. I really want this fight to go down..

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Jibbz drinking too much hendo

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Too bad Jesse Ronson vs Diego Ferreira got pulled.

I had max bet on Ferreira.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Jibbz drinking too much hendo
    The news came out yesterday and link was from Bloodyelbow, I read it fast and thought the fight might be called.. I was sober this morning.. It was a legit post from my point of view.. Blessed has backed out of fights before..

My bad... The link came out dated December 4 yesterday and I thought he might be out again.. Here it is again.. Click and look at the date it was posted up.. Jibs doesn't play games... https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/12/...t-cut-mma-news

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Im excited for this card. Going to get white girl waisted and lose money on max hollaway

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

Quote Originally Posted by strictlypaypal View Post
    Yes. Ortega is talking about 2 months ago when they were on that show, that max still didnt know what it was.

Maybe there is some truth to that alcohol /drug rumors thats why they cant find anything
    What alcohol/drug rumors?

Thor4140

you meaning holding the belt for Zabit **
    and i agree Holloway 100% needs to move up soon, Ortega i think has some more time at 145 tbh but him against Khabib stylistically would be amazing... A lot of these top 45ers are fckin huge right now Zabit as well hes basically the same size as Holloway it looks like

i hope these rumors of 165 are true because that would open a ton of things up for these guys who weight 145-175 range
    Yep u throw in Zabit this is one stacked division

LBfightlife

When I saw Jibbys post that Max was sick and may pull out I put 1u on Ortega straight lol .. I'm thinking Ortega by sub and hedge max by decision?

Hugo de Naranja

When I saw Jibbys post that Max was sick and may pull out I put 1u on Ortega straight lol .. I'm thinking Ortega by sub and hedge max by decision?
    I would hedge Max -5.5. He likely covers the spread in a decision win and it also cashes with a Max finish. Holloway has finished 9/12 opponents on his most recent win streak

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

I agree
    I would hedge Max -5.5. He likely covers the spread in a decision win and it also cashes with a Max finish. Holloway has finished 9/12 opponents on his most recent win streak

First 12345 ... Last