ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Stipe disrespected. Has the belt that long and doesn’t get a rematch. UFC used to make the fights that should be made. Now it’s like boxing, a shit show of matchups. The best or most deserving get the fights rarely.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Quote Originally Posted by ans61201 View Post
    Stipe disrespected. Has the belt that long and doesn’t get a rematch. UFC used to make the fights that should be made. Now it’s like boxing, a shit show of matchups. The best or most deserving get the fights rarely.
    Hey casual.

On October 10, it was reported that Poirier pulled out due to injury and the bout was cancelled. They needed a sellable main event for 230 so Lewis - DC was the quick fix so to speak.
    DC vs. Stipe is a big rematch that needs to be build + don't know if Stipe is ready if he would have been called to fight on short notice.

IMO it's more like disrespecting Lewis, using him as quick fix for this short notice main event vs. an opponent he has little chance to beat.

Looking at rankings Lewis is next in line for a title shot anyway eventhough he said he doesn't deserve a title shot in his 229 octagon interview.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by Mase of Base View Post
    Even though I know you're trolling.

UFC (and MMA for that matter) wouldn't exist without the the old school HW's. They made this sport.

People thought it was a fluke when Brock Lesnar came into the UFC from WWE and murdered the HW division.

It was no fluke, the division is an embarrassment.

ans61201

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Hey casual.

On October 10, it was reported that Poirier pulled out due to injury and the bout was cancelled. They needed a sellable main event for 230 so Lewis - DC was the quick fix so to speak.
    DC vs. Stipe is a big rematch that needs to be build + don't know if Stipe is ready if he would have been called to fight on short notice.

IMO it's more like disrespecting Lewis, using him as quick fix for this short notice main event vs. an opponent he has little chance to beat.

Looking at rankings Lewis is next in line for a title shot anyway eventhough he said he doesn't deserve a title shot in his 229 octagon interview.
    Hey clueless, this wasn't about only this fight. The ufc has been doing this for a while, but let's pretend I was only taking about this fight. You're still incorrect, stipe was the most deserving and because D.C. Didnt want the fight, and ufc wants to sell Cormier vs Jones or lesnar next, giving him a loss wouldn't sell that fight.

Yawn,.

ans61201

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Hey casual.

Stipe ranked ahead of Lewis.

"Stipe not ready" and then acknowledge Lewis post fight interview saying he wasn't ready lol but you're good with that one.

Stipe wanted/deserved the title fight. DC came out and said he wouldn't fight stipe on short notice, and per usual, ufc becomes more and more like boxing and caters instead of making the best fight, or giving the most deserving contender the shot.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    People thought it was a fluke when Brock Lesnar came into the UFC from WWE and murdered the HW division.

hes a 285 lb freak of nature who was one of the best NCAA wrestlers and he was juicing huge amounts of test , not that big of a surprise he came in and destroyed people.... wrestlers usually dominate and hes an amazing wrestler, he got to face like a 50 year old man who he had 60 lbs on for the title... when he fought somebody that was decent size and had skill he got destroyed aka cain, overeem....

i do agree though the LHW/HW division is extremely shallow, the top 3-4 are great then it falls off a cliff quickly

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I remember him coming in and getting subbed by Frank Mir in his first fight. He did go on and win his next 4 fights against less than stellar opponents(Heath Herring, a 45 year old Randy Couture). The heavy weight division was pretty thin back then though.

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 804

That wasn't my point, MMA was doing well before Brock came along. That guy should never of been allowed in modern day octagon fighting with the shit he put in his system anyway.

No one tuned into early days fighting to see a couple of feather weights hell I don't even remember seeing any. Shit was no rules big dudes hammering away and they created it. It's the same with all weight classes there will be peaks and troughs HW div is fine (Stipe deserves a rematch what a joke, holds the belt at HW for that long you kidding me!) Lewis shouldn't be close to fighting for a belt though that's typical Dana bullshit.

*For me if DC wants to retire HW champ this fight should of been a) Stipe rematch b) Blaydes that would be a hell of match for the wrestling fans! Ngannou needs a big win maybe two after that last showing. But that's four solid HW's right there plus the big man from down under coming up fast and soon Tai Tuivasa, watch out.
    Last edited by Mase of Base; 10-20-18 at 03:00 AM.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ans61201 View Post
    Hey clueless, this wasn't about only this fight. The ufc has been doing this for a while, but let's pretend I was only taking about this fight. You're still incorrect, stipe was the most deserving and because D.C. Didnt want the fight, and ufc wants to sell Cormier vs Jones or lesnar next, giving him a loss wouldn't sell that fight.

Yawn,.

Like I said you are a casual and proven to me once again you severely lack reading comprehension. I never said Stipe wasn't the most deserving.

+

Stop trying to tell me what the UFC is thinking, are you reading Dana's mind? Why the fkk would they do Lewis vs DC then if a loss vs. Stipe wouldn't sell superfights DC vs Jones or DC vs. Lesnar?

So it's a guarantee then in your down syndrome brain Lewis loses against DC? DC who's on short notice without a fully recovered hand. And there is literally no risk of DC getting injured during the fight or worse. ok lol

BANKROLL 2k20
    BANKROLL 2k20's Avatar Become A Pro!

Haven't read the thread but I'm aware of the UFC politics involved etc... This is a big risk for DC imo... One thing is certain.. DC doesn't want to face Jones again at any point unless he beats BB and BL for a " 1 last fight " scenario... a loss to BB and a JJ win against GUS could set up JJvBB or JJvBL at 265 lbs. As for the fight itself... I feel that the Black Beast won't be taken to the ground and will have a punchers chance at a KO. The price leaves me no choice really... BB could be a whole 30 lbs heavier or more than DC on fight night.. Take the bigger man on the long odds and root for a KO.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Another epic Derrick Lewis interview, lol.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Do keep in mind Lewis already beat DC in the 'punching machine'...

Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave Thrilla 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Hot Balls

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Kermit

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

UFC two division champion Daniel Cormier joins Ariel Helwani in studio to preview his upcoming fight against “The Black Beast” Derrick Lewis in the main event of UFC 230 on November 3. Cormier expresses whether he is going to call out Brock Lesnar or Jon Jones after his fight with Lewis. Cormier details who he thinks UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov should fight next. Cormier explains how working for the WWE is a dream of his, details how the company reached out to him and where the discussions are at with them. Cormier expresses his thoughts on WWE’s Evolution, which was an all-women’s pay-per-view and says he thinks the UFC can pull off a similar idea.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Dana White joins First Take to break down the headliner at UFC 230, Daniel Cormier vs Derrick Lewis, and proclaims that even with only a four-week break since his last fight, Lewis will look the best he ever has.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

In this installment of Inside the Octagon Dan Hardy and John Gooden breakdown the UFC 230 heavyweight title fight between Daniel Cormier and Derrick Lewis.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Some say her farts smell like flowers....

...Megan Olivi interviews DC and Lewis.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Went to the garden last Nov to see St Pierre vs Bisping...this card pretty much sucks and prob gonna pass

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

This card is penetrating STACKED....lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Went to the garden last Nov to see St Pierre vs Bisping...this card pretty much sucks and prob gonna pass

quitefrankle
    quitefrankle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2209

Cormier/Lewis o1.5 rounds?

First 12