Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    That’s a bargain. They wanted the same $800 to watch Dillashaw vs NoLove from the nosebleed section of staples center last weekend.
    What if Khabib drops out? This card is awful and you have a headliner with a guy you cant trust or a fluke injury happens. I was going but Dana better come up with another headliner. I went to Mcgregor/Diaz two but the card was loaded up and down. Could u imagine getting stuck with
    a 1500 dollar ticket an Khabib cant make it to watch the rest of these C level fights?

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    striker vs grappler
    whoever wins is going to starch the other

mcgregor has never faced a grappler like khabib
    khabib has never faced a striker like Mcgregor

mcgregor has been taken down by lesser guys
    khabib has been tagged by lesser guys

could see either winning, stylistically favors khabib greatly, but weve seen mcgregor pull off magic before
    and khabib has been hurt a ton who knows if he even shows up
    I think Mendes takedowns are much quicker than Khabib because of his hands. Lets face it Khabib hands are below average. Now his top control is on another level but if this goes into the third and they are all sweaty he might have a hard time holding Conor down if he hasn't been slept yet. It is a really interesting fight but i doubt Conor gets rag dolled like people think. All it takes is one crack and all that bum rushing is history that Khabib does. And if he gets cracked and doesn't back off he gets knocked out. We all know Conor is a precision striker who's striking quite possibly is on another level than it once was. I would be willing to bet he has Olympic caliber wrestlers at his camp now. That will help him somewhat. I just see khabib getting blasted here

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    I think Mendes takedowns are much quicker than Khabib because of his hands. Lets face it Khabib hands are below average. Now his top control is on another level but if this goes into the third and they are all sweaty he might have a hard time holding Conor down if he hasn't been slept yet. It is a really interesting fight but i doubt Conor gets rag dolled like people think. All it takes is one crack and all that bum rushing is history that Khabib does. And if he gets cracked and doesn't back off he gets knocked out. We all know Conor is a precision striker who's striking quite possibly is on another level than it once was. I would be willing to bet he has Olympic caliber wrestlers at his camp now. That will help him somewhat. I just see khabib getting blasted here
    i agree with the Mendes statement, hes also very short so his shots come at a super low angle, Khabibs takedowns actually arent amazing off the jump but his pressure is the best ive ever seen in the UFC for a grappler, hell just keep coming over and over again until he trips you down then his top game is pretty amazing because he takes literally no risks, hell just hold your wrist with one hand and punch with his other when he gets the right position , he hardly seeks submissions or anything just likes to hold control and pound away... Mcgregors ground game is EXTREMELY underrated because people are just haters no doubt , but the way Khabib rides his opponent Mcgregor wont be able to show off anything on the ground imo , he basically has to tag him and hope Khabibs shots become trash like in the Alvarez fight he tagged him up and Alvarez couldnt really do much after because he was half out of it.... I could really see either guy winning tbh, I like Mcgregors movement a lot and if he can just pepper away because he doesnt load up on shots thatll help a lot , either way imo its a coin toss.... Either KO mcgregor or Khabib just ragdolling him...

i heard mcgregor wants to let khabib take him down a ton of times over and over until hes tired then come out hot in round 3, but i wouldnt love that idea tbh , seems like he thinks he can fight the exact gameplan as he did vs Mendes that may be a dangerous game

fudy213
    fudy213's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2019

i heard mcgregor wants to let khabib take him down a ton of times over and over until hes tired then come out hot in round 3, but i wouldnt love that idea tbh , seems like he thinks he can fight the exact gameplan as he did vs Mendes that may be a dangerous game[/QUOTE]

WHAT???? That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Does he know what happens to guys when Khabib gets on top of them?? In my opinion the fight is over after the first Khabib takedown. Nobody gets up from under Khabib and the fight is pretty quickly pounded out of you from a top mounted Khabib. Survival is possible but victory isnt.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

the russian wont make it out of the dressing room...fat fukk wont make weight

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post

i heard mcgregor wants to let khabib take him down a ton of times over and over until hes tired then come out hot in round 3, but i wouldnt love that idea tbh , seems like he thinks he can fight the exact gameplan as he did vs Mendes that may be a dangerous game
    lol that sounds like Conor playing mind games. He tires too lol. He is just gonna sit back and throw those lightning like jabs and if he has Khabib hurt it is game over. I just hope he doesn't get caught up hurting him and than throws a high kick giving Khabib a chance to grab it and take him down. If Conor runs through him i think we see him being the first 100 million dollar fighter per purse, in the UFC.

Bad Tattoo
    Update your status
    Bad Tattoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1327

What is more boring, Khabib's fighting style or his personality? ALL IN on the Notorious !!!

Scary fight, all comes down to Conor stopping the takedown.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Khabib by annihilation

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Fight reminds me of the Sweeper vs. Russian Rocket feud ....that said, ya'll know what the play is

fudy213

Its not about boring style or personality on camera. Its about imposing your will on the other guy and nobody does that better than Khabib. Frankly, Im way bored by McNuggets schtick. It was entertaining at first but now is completely rinsed. Khabib is refreshing. Nothing manufactured about the guy. Hes all in with his love for his God, family and people. Watch the Dagestan Chronicles on Youtube. He wants nothing to do with the fast lifestyle and consumerism of the west. $100 million wont change him in the least, in fact, I bet he gives his father control of the purse money to distribute to the team. He aint about that at all. When its all over Khabib is in Dagestan teaching fighting and life to little kids in his village.
    Going all in against a guy who hasnt lost might not be the best strategy. Khabib ragdolled DosAnjosand hes twice the wrestler Mcgregor is.
    Last edited by fudy213; 08-12-18 at 11:09 AM.
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave fudy213 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

might be the easiest fight McGregors ever had

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    might be the easiest fight McGregors ever had
    Yeah way easier than aldo fight that he won in like 10 seconds... Khabib going to win. Everything is in his favor.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Yeah way easier than aldo fight that he won in like 10 seconds... Khabib going to win. Everything is in his favor.
    i said easiest fight...not easiest win you broke dikk non-pro. Aldo much, much more dangerous than Khabib

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Khabibs had a real Murderer's row of opponents

70% strike defense

Goodnight

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

i said easiest fight...not easiest win you broke dikk non-pro. Aldo much, much more dangerous than Khabib
    Easiest fight means easiest win.

Sweep you should never say a peep
    Look at your picture you wannabe mafia creep
    I diss you so easy it makes me fall asleep
    Easier than counting sheep
    I keep dissing you and its getting steep
    You better hide under your sheets
    Demonatas coming to put you to sleep
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Demonata 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Easiest fight means easiest win.

Sweep you should never say a peep
    Look at your picture you wannabe mafia creep
    I diss you so easy it makes me fall asleep
    Easier than counting sheep
    I keep dissing you and its getting steep
    You better hide under your sheets
    Demonatas coming to put you to sleep
    yo mamma so stupid she raised a kid who has $300 in btc betpoints but wouldnt spend a $100 to turn sbrpro

you broke dikk fukk

fudy213

I dont want to get into it with you sweep. Or anyone for that matter. If it makes you feel better, you could probably beat me up, your dick is bigger and youve got more money than I have. Ive been watching MMA since the Dan Severn, Royce Gracie days. There have been hundreds of fighters come and gone in the UFC and I have never seen anybody like Khabib. Its not necessarily what he does, but who he does it too. Ive never seen him with someone on top of him and Ive never seen him hurt. You tout 70% strike defense...Ive got to question that. Johnson clipped him once but nobodys hit him solid other than the one Michael Johnson punch. That fight went really bad for MJ. He played with Iaquinta and won 50-44 He decimated Dos Anjos and Barbosa, broke the will of both of them.
    It is true many have lost underestimating Conor. Getting touched on the chin by conors left changes every fighter hes faced. Hear what Woodley says about Khabib, realize that Diaz turned down Khabib twice. We can disagree on the fight prognostication,getting paid after its over is enough satisfaction. Im getting later in life and I appreciate very much the man who Khabib is, much more important than fighting. His humility, his loyalty to who he is and his realization that what he does and says matters to many who follow him. His devotion to his God (Im a Christian and I appreciate his spirituality. were all praying to the same cat in the end) and his family and heritage while still being a fukking wolverine in the octagon brings a smile to this comfortably middle aged dudes face.
    Last edited by fudy213; 08-13-18 at 09:43 AM.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave fudy213 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Lots of grappling

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by fudy213 View Post
    I dont want to get into it with you sweep. Or anyone for that matter. If it makes you feel better, you could probably beat me up, your dick is bigger and youve got more money than I have. Ive been watching MMA since the Dan Severn, Royce Gracie days. There have been hundreds of fighters come and gone in the UFC and I have never seen anybody like Khabib. Its not necessarily what he does, but who he does it too. Ive never seen him with someone on top of him and Ive never seen him hurt. You tout 70% strike defense...Ive got to question that. Johnson clipped him once but nobodys hit him solid other than the one Michael Johnson punch. That fight went really bad for MJ. He played with Iaquinta and won 60-54. He decimated Dos Anjos and Barbosa, broke the will of both of them.
    It is true many have lost underestimating Conor. Getting touched on the chin by conors left changes every fighter hes faced. Hear what Woodley says about Khabib, realize that Diaz turned down Khabib twice. We can disagree on the fight prognostication,getting paid after its over is enough satisfaction. Im getting later in life and I appreciate very much the man who Khabib is, much more important than fighting. His humility, his loyalty to who he is and his realization that what he does and says matters to many who follow him. His devotion to his God (Im a Christian and I appreciate his spirituality. were all praying to the same cat in the end) and his family and heritage while still being a fukking wolverine in the octagon brings a smile to this comfortably middle aged dudes face.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave sweep 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

yo mamma so stupid she raised a kid who has $300 in btc betpoints but wouldnt spend a $100 to turn sbrpro

you broke dikk fukk
    There are so many people that come in here acting like they run things. They post loud and detailed breakdowns of fights.

Only to get shut down.

Then they shut up and hardly post. Will that be you in a few months?

Show some respect for Demonata btw, he certainly has done more to earn credibility here than you have.
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave Sanity Check 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Thrilla gave Sanity Check 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Sugar Sean O'Malley vs. Jose Quinonez added to the card.

Last edited by Kermit; 08-13-18 at 08:02 PM.

Bad Tattoo
    Update your status

I would still take McGregor...mid size bet at +150 ... Khabib could grind him out but he will get boo'ed for making it a snoozer.

I bet you the ref will let McGregor hit him with some 12 - 6 elbows no problem...they need Conor to win or he is gone after a Diaz trilogy or boxing Paulie at Croke Park.

Bad Tattoo
    Update your status

Mac has probably been juicing ..dude ain't being drug tested

Bad Tattoo
    Update your status

good breakdown

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

13 seconds against a 10 time champion. I'll give him a chance against kabib.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Tattoo View Post
    good breakdown

josh thompson is literally khabibs teammate lol, any breakdown from somebody in a guys camp is NULL / VOID imo

best breakdowns in the game are people who are neutral like Dan Hardy hes probably my favorite

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Dan Hardy predicts Conor by KO in the 2nd/3rd round.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Biggest fight in MMA history.

Wohlford
    Wohlford's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Mac has probably been juicing ..dude ain't being drug tested
    https://www.usada.org/testing/result...-test-history/

McGregor's been tested 3 times in 2018.

Khabib's been tested 4 times in 2018.

With fight now booked, even more tests are coming.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Wohlford 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

...dude ain't being drug tested
    Why do you say this? I think he is being tested and has been this year.

Great Link Wohlford!

Bad Tattoo
    Update your status

I really hope Conor wins this fight to silence the haters once and for all!

Bad Tattoo
    Update your status

Conor is usually way bigger than his opponents but Khabib is a big guy for the division also.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

I really hope Conor wins this fight to silence the haters once and for all!

Yeah, cuz that'll do it.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

fudy213

Khabib down to -175 at 5dimes. When this happens I usually think "what do they know that I dont"? Not this time. Gonna stay firm with the Eagle. Looking at Khabibs evolution in the UFC he has gotten far better at what he does best and even has gotten decent in striking, although he uses it only to set up takedowns. Conor is a counterpuncher and Khabib will never overextend himself on a punch. I see him pressing Conor up against the cage and using his many tools to take him to the mat, or to tire Conor out.
    I dont expect the line to be 175 at fight time, but who knows, talking to many people about this fight, Im shocked at how many dont know about Khabib. The average mush knows Conor and his Barnum n Bailey act, think hes this MMA god that is unbeatable. Most think Khabib only is champ because Conor went to fight Mayweather. Come fight time the line might indeed be close to what it is now, the conor-philes might even get it down. We will see.
    I havent been this excited for a fight since I met Todd Barlow behind the gym after 4th period. Pounded his ass too!!!
    Points Awarded:

First 12345 ... Last