THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

UFC 227: Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt 2 (August 04, 2018)

Pay per view 10:00 pm ET
    TJ Dillashaw vs Cody Garbrandt (for bantamweight title)
    Demetrious Johnson vs Henry Cejudo (for flyweight title)
    Thiago Santos vs Kevin Holland
    JJ Aldrich vs Polyana Viana
    Cub Swanson vs Renato Moicano

FX 8:00 pm ET
    Brett Johns vs Pedro Munhoz
    Montel Jacksonvs Ricky Simon
    Bethe Correia vs Irene Aldana
    Sheymon Moraes vs Matt Sayles

UFC Fight Pass 6:15 pm ET
    Alex Perez vs Jose Torres
    Kyung Ho Kang vs Ricardo Ramos
    Danielle Taylor vs Weili Zhang
    Wuliji Buren vs Marlon Vera

Last edited by THE_LOCKSMITH; 07-25-18 at 09:32 PM.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47501

Dillishaw wins again. He is smarter, quicker, more diverse, better wrestler, better overall athlete. The only thing Garbrandt has over him is one punch KO power, which can come into play at any time but I think TJ gets it done.
    Points Awarded:

WolfTicketDealer gave JAKEPEAVY21 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

strictlypaypal
    strictlypaypal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4351

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Dillishaw wins again. He is smarter, quicker, more diverse, better wrestler, better overall athlete. The only thing Garbrandt has over him is one punch KO power, which can come into play at any time but I think TJ gets it done.
    Cody is definitely way quicker. TJ’s diversity is the problem. Cody was getting into his sets way faster than TJ the first fight though and Cody’s wrestling is more than enough to keep this standing. But yes i would be nervous taking garbrandt because you really dont know how his chin is now. I think its 50/50. Whos hitting this card live?

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by strictlypaypal View Post
    Cody is definitely way quicker. TJ’s diversity is the problem. Cody was getting into his sets way faster than TJ the first fight though and Cody’s wrestling is more than enough to keep this standing. But yes i would be nervous taking garbrandt because you really dont know how his chin is now. I think its 50/50. Whos hitting this card live?
    Outside of the Cruz fight, when has Garbrandt ever defended a TD attempt in the UFC?

Answer: Never

I wouldn’t be so confident that he has bulletproof TDD. He might but we haven’t really seen it tested.

JAKEPEAVY21

Interesting how Mighty Mouse refused to fight TJ and now he's fighting below him on the same card. He's a great fighter but that division is weak and he dodged the one guy that could potentially test him. I lost a lot of respect for the guy.

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Good point Peav, on the one punch power with Cody. Champions can get caught by them. Kinda like the Miocic fight.

ZINISTER

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Outside of the Cruz fight, when has Garbrandt ever defended a TD attempt in the UFC?

Answer: Never

I wouldn’t be so confident that he has bulletproof TDD. He might but we haven’t really seen it tested.
    He was from a good wrestling school in H.S. You don't have to be world class to have good take down defense. Cody is way tougher then Dillishaw in the stand up. He wrestled in my nephews league. Word is changes have been made that will allow him to keep his cushion and fight an in and out style. Look for early K.O. by Cody.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by ZINISTER View Post
    He was from a good wrestling school in H.S. You don't have to be world class to have good take down defense. Cody is way tougher then Dillishaw in the stand up. He wrestled in my nephews league. Word is changes have been made that will allow him to keep his cushion and fight an in and out style. Look for early K.O. by Cody.
    What makes Cody “way tougher then Dillashaw in the stand up”? Cody has a power advantage but Dillashaw throws a lot more variety and volume.

JAKEPEAVY21

What makes Cody “way tougher then Dillashaw in the stand up”? Cody has a power advantage but Dillashaw throws a lot more variety and volume.
    zinister is an Ohio homer.

ZINISTER

zinister is an Ohio homer.
    Fact! lol The punches you put together and when are what make your stand up better then your opponents. Cody is good at timing his opponents right hand. Then he counters with left hooks to body and comes up top on both sides with power shots. He rotates into his punches generating more power then most his size. I think he is a lil Bad Azz regardless where he is from. It helps he is from my neck of the woods. Peace

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by ZINISTER View Post
    Fact! lol The punches you put together and when are what make your stand up better then your opponents. Cody is good at timing his opponents right hand. Then he counters with left hooks to body and comes up top on both sides with power shots. He rotates into his punches generating more power then most his size. I think he is a lil Bad Azz regardless where he is from. It helps he is from my neck of the woods. Peace
    Cody is definitely dangerous...I do think TJ beats him a lot more times than not.

ZINISTER

Cody will fight a more active fight this time. He was waiting on TJ. He has to be fighting from the aggressors stand point. Fighters do that time and time again. They get their shot and freeze. Second time around will be different. Either can win, I think this time it will be the war I expected the first fight.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought Cody looked better in round 1 of that fight imo, he looked faster and had better hands
    TJ can mix it up a lot better though with his kicks , wrestling and foot work... Cody probably has great TDD training with Alpha Male forever, but TJ probably has some of the most underrated TDS in MMA ... i really think either guy can win here, they trained with eachother a ton and im pretty sure even they know either guy can win on any given night, TJ will have the mental edge after KOing Cody last fight, but Cody also came in injured/off a layoff and he was probably 5-10 seconds away from finishing TJ in the first round

fight will be fireworks regardless, cannot wait to watch this scrap hopefully both guys come in healthy and the better man will win, would be nice to see Cody win for a trilogy though, can script that any better

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    I thought Cody looked better in round 1 of that fight imo, he looked faster and had better hands
    TJ can mix it up a lot better though with his kicks , wrestling and foot work... Cody probably has great TDD training with Alpha Male forever, but TJ probably has some of the most underrated TDS in MMA ... i really think either guy can win here, they trained with eachother a ton and im pretty sure even they know either guy can win on any given night, TJ will have the mental edge after KOing Cody last fight, but Cody also came in injured/off a layoff and he was probably 5-10 seconds away from finishing TJ in the first round

fight will be fireworks regardless, cannot wait to watch this scrap hopefully both guys come in healthy and the better man will win, would be nice to see Cody win for a trilogy though, can script that any better
    Are you attending the fights?

TJcaliente
    TJcaliente's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Dill v Gar is just fireworks. I would say if they fought 100 times it would turn out 50/50. And at this point betting on Demetrious is like printing money. It's kinda like betting on Mayweather.

firekillex

Are you attending the fights?
    nah man im in canada, ill be going to ufc 231 in toronto though
    hopefully some good fights get announced soon, was hoping Whittaker vs Gastelum would but looks like Whittaker wont be good until early 2019 hes saying

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by TJcaliente View Post
    Dill v Gar is just fireworks. I would say if they fought 100 times it would turn out 50/50. And at this point betting on Demetrious is like printing money. It's kinda like betting on Mayweather.
    agreed. but i think Cejudo is DJs toughest competition at 125, i think this fight will be a lot different then the last one, Cejudo has improved a ton... very excited to see how this goes if DJ mops the floor with him id consider moving him into my top 3 GOAT

JAKEPEAVY21

agreed. but i think Cejudo is DJs toughest competition at 125, i think this fight will be a lot different then the last one, Cejudo has improved a ton... very excited to see how this goes if DJ mops the floor with him id consider moving him into my top 3 GOAT
    rooting for Cejudo bigtime..

HurlSweatPants
    HurlSweatPants's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3367

Cejudos leveled up on his standup since the last fight. He looked like fookin McG on the feet against Reis. But yeah, if he "Ray Borgs" Cejudo, he has to be Rushmore guy.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

TJ has the edge imo sparring and training with Vasyl Lomachenko.

TJ called himself TJ "The Viper" Dillashaw on the ultimate fighter in 2011.

The snake thing isn't because of Conor btw.

Hugo de Naranja

I think Swanson is too big of an underdog against Moicano. I really like Moicano and I agree that he should be the favorite but are people forgetting Swanson's performance against Choi not too long ago? I think Moicano will probably strike with him here.

firekillex

I think Swanson is too big of an underdog against Moicano. I really like Moicano and I agree that he should be the favorite but are people forgetting Swanson's performance against Choi not too long ago? I think Moicano will probably strike with him here.
    was thinking cub would be +200 or so... +379 is just disrespectful , will be putting something small on him at that price hes no bum

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Hugo de Naranja

I've been a huge fan of Shorty Torres for a few years now. Perez is a great test of where he's at. Tough fight for both guys.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Im stunned Cejudo is this big of a dog and you are so right how much he has improved. To me this is way worth the shot at those odds. Do you remember the odds of their first fight?

Thor4140

I thought one of the most brilliant fight plans i ever witness was Cody performance against Cruz. I never saw that coming. I thought Cody emotions would kill him in that fight. He needs to get back to that guy which he has showed he has the potential to do. To me this fight isnt even worth betting and just enjoy it but put a gun to my head i would go with TJ in this one.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Im stunned Cejudo is this big of a dog and you are so right how much he has improved. To me this is way worth the shot at those odds. Do you remember the odds of their first fight?
    Odds were pretty similar. DJ opened (-405) and closed (-340)

Thor4140

Odds were pretty similar. DJ opened (-405) and closed (-340)
    Strange cause i feel the gap has close significantly

Hugo de Naranja

Strange cause i feel the gap has close significantly
    Maybe. I though Cejudo showed some solid improvement in his last couple fights but DJ really stomped him when they fought and that was only two years ago. It's also not like DJ has shown any signs of slowing down in his recent fights.

Thor4140

Maybe. I though Cejudo showed some solid improvement in his last couple fights but DJ really stomped him when they fought and that was only two years ago. It's also not like DJ has shown any signs of slowing down in his recent fights.
    i think DJ is the same fighter. A super talent but Cejudo now has some experience behind him and has looked great even in his recent bogus loss that i don't even count as a loss. If the fight was even you go with DJ but at these odds its tough let that pass. I see a -240 line instead of the one they posted. I am a firm believer that who u think wins the fight u should always bet even if the line is out of wack but i can see why a guy would take those odds. This isnt Mayweather McGregor where i thought u had to be an idiot to bet Conor who had no chance at all yet the line came down to being close to similar.
    Last edited by Thor4140; 07-30-18 at 01:48 AM.

rsynweap84
    rsynweap84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1591

Prolly gonna smash the Irene Aldana by Decision prop when they release em'. I just don't see any real danger from Bethe here, matter o' fact, I'm wondering if this fight will go the distance. I think it should, but Bethe hasn't shown anything in her previous fights that would pose a threat to this girl. Aladana with a 4in reach and height advantage, which she put to great use against Talita Bernardo. This girl's striking looks a world better than Bethe, even though she has been hangin' with Cyborg lately, I don't know if she has even trained with her, and honestly, she has the iq of a potato. Aldana shows good power, good setups with jabs, but the ability to land at distance, smart girl, smarter fighter.

stonebanks
    stonebanks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

I really want TJ to come out and school Cody allover the mat wrestling like he did against Lineker but I just can’t see his egoletting him do it. This feud is all about the KO.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

TJ Dillashaw come try me mother fukker.

rsynweap84
    rsynweap84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1591

i think DJ is the same fighter. A super talent but Cejudo now has some experience behind him and has looked great even in his recent bogus loss that i don't even count as a loss. If the fight was even you go with DJ but at these odds its tough let that pass. I see a -240 line instead of the one they posted. I am a firm believer that who u think wins the fight u should always bet even if the line is out of wack but i can see why a guy would take those odds. This isnt Mayweather McGregor where i thought u had to be an idiot to bet Conor who had no chance at all yet the line came down to being close to similar.
    I agree DJ seems to be the same fighter, still the best p4p evolving fighter who’s most recent improvement involves throwing a legitimate contender into a flying armbar...

Can’t say I ever saw before, that until that night... Cejudo I believe has improved but after rewatching that first fight I find myself saying his standup could have definitely been better, but he was landing some good shots. He landed the first and pretty much only real TD which was him literally smashing DJ into the canvas...only to get ejected off by DJ... Unless he found someway of protecting himself in the clinch from the knees DJ was throwing some from just absurdly odd angles I don’t see this goin’ any different...not to say it can’t but seein’ how is the problem.

1234 ... Last