JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47654

Does Stipe Miocic DESERVE an immediate rematch with Cormier?

Stipe is crying to anyone that will listen that he deserves an immediate rematch. I understand he had a whopping 3 title defenses and that is the Heavyweight record for title defenses. Given the fact that he got starched by 1st round KO, I don't think he deserves it. MAYBE if he had 5+ title defenses? If it was a hard fought decision/split decision loss, I'd agree with him but not with the way he lost.

HurlSweatPants
    HurlSweatPants's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3367

I agree with you 100% on the fact that he probably shouldn't get an immediate rematch.

However, he is saying what you expect a competitive champion to say. You can use this for any business model, not just UFC fighters. If someone took my spot that I worked for, after years of hard work and being top dog, I would want to redeem.

I also think there is more to Stipe wanting a rematch as well. He has felt disrespected by Dana and the UFC ever since the Ngannou fight, and the way the last fight went down WWE style, I am sure he is seething.

The truth of the matter is this is most likely the one and only time they will fight, which saddens me bc I think a rematch would be more competitive the 2nd time around. Cormier is going to fight the Roided Chump and I have a feeling he gets JJ one more time before calling it quits.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by HurlSweatPants View Post
    I agree with you 100% on the fact that he probably shouldn't get an immediate rematch.

However, he is saying what you expect a competitive champion to say. You can use this for any business model, not just UFC fighters. If someone took my spot that I worked for, after years of hard work and being top dog, I would want to redeem.

I also think there is more to Stipe wanting a rematch as well. He has felt disrespected by Dana and the UFC ever since the Ngannou fight, and the way the last fight went down WWE style, I am sure he is seething.

The truth of the matter is this is most likely the one and only time they will fight, which saddens me bc I think a rematch would be more competitive the 2nd time around. Cormier is going to fight the Roided Chump and I have a feeling he gets JJ one more time before calling it quits.
    by all accounts Stipe and Dana have never really got along...even more reason Stipe will not get the immediate rematch.

HurlSweatPants

It really doesn't make any sense either from a business perspective. Why have that rematch when they can afford a couple more yachts making the DC/Asshat fight. The logical fight to make for Stipe IMO is Lewis.

JAKEPEAVY21

Stipe would destroy Lewis but I guess he is next in line.

I hope Cain Velasquez gets healthy and comes back at some point. That could really shake up the division.

HurlSweatPants

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Stipe would destroy Lewis but I guess he is next in line.

I hope Cain Velasquez gets healthy and comes back at some point. That could really shake up the division.
    Yeah, I gave up on Cain unfortunately. Plus, even if he does come back, he won't fight DC, and I don't think they throw him in the mix right away. He will be 36 in a week, just can't fathom it.

I would like to see what Gus can do at HW.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by HurlSweatPants View Post
    Yeah, I gave up on Cain unfortunately. Plus, even if he does come back, he won't fight DC, and I don't think they throw him in the mix right away. He will be 36 in a week, just can't fathom it.

I would like to see what Gus can do at HW.
    I know him and DC won't fight but I'd love to see Miocic vs Cain.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

He 100% does......he is getting jumped by a guy out of RETIREMENT COMING OFF (3) YES THREE!!! Straight losses and only (1) fight in the last SEVEN YEARS......if there was someone more worthy....SURE....but Stipe is OWED this......what a joke IMO...

PaperTrail07

I'm Glad Brock Looked dangerous running his mouth...BUT lets not forget this is the same guy who... used roids to get past Mark Hunt....and last actual win was in 2010.....yes 2010 and he is the #1 contender over a guy who has this:

Res. Record Opponent Method Event Date Round Time Location Notes
    Loss 18–3 Daniel Cormier KO (punches) UFC 226 July 7, 2018 1 4:33 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States Lost the UFC Heavyweight Championship.
    Win 18–2 Francis Ngannou Decision (unanimous) UFC 220 January 20, 2018 5 5:00 Boston, Massachusetts, United States Defended the UFC Heavyweight Championship. Broke the record for most consecutive UFC Heavyweight title defenses (3).
    Win 17–2 Junior dos Santos TKO (punches) UFC 211 May 13, 2017 1 2:22 Dallas, Texas, United States Defended the UFC Heavyweight Championship. Performance of the Night.
    Win 16–2 Alistair Overeem KO (punches) UFC 203 September 10, 2016 1 4:27 Cleveland, Ohio, United States Defended the UFC Heavyweight Championship. Fight of the Night.
    Win 15–2 Fabrício Werdum KO (punch) UFC 198 May 14, 2016 1 2:47 Curitiba, Brazil Won the UFC Heavyweight Championship. Performance of the Night.
    Win 14–2 Andrei Arlovski TKO (punches) UFC 195 January 2, 2016 1 0:54 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States Performance of the Night.
    Win 13–2 Mark Hunt TKO (punches) UFC Fight Night: Miocic vs. Hunt May 10, 2015 5 2:47 Adelaide, Australia

PaperTrail07

Don't take the Path of Lesnar and McGregor WWE garbage.....let W's and active fighters run these divisions....not hype and bullshit fellas.....Lesnar is nothing but a name on paper... he's 41 years old for god's sake lol...

JAKEPEAVY21

The Ohio homer chimes in lol
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave JAKEPEAVY21 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

Lesnar definitely doesn't deserve a shot at it

JAKEPEAVY21

the rankings and merit mean next to nothing in the UFC anymore

pretty annoying but it is what it is

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

I like Stipe but I don’t think he deserves an immediate rematch. Give him a contender fight or two before another title shot.
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave Hugo de Naranja 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JAKEPEAVY21

I can see both sides here. I don't think Stipe deserves a rematch but noone else does either.

Alexander Volkov?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Tough call. He set a record for title defenses in the division, but he wasn't really dominant in those fights.
    I would rather see DC in the freak show fight with Brock though.

Sirius
    Sirius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 612

I believe our short MMA history shows that an immediate rematch leads to the Ole champ losing 2 in a row...we'll see if that trend continues with Cody and TJ coming up...hard not to lean towards backing the trend.

Now Stipe...if he were smart! he would chill, fight once or twice with nice wins, and, by summer of 2019, DC is gone! ...stupid. Those double losses in rematches are career killers... Lucky for him there's no way it's happening ha
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Sirius 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    I'm Glad Brock Looked dangerous running his mouth...BUT lets not forget this is the same guy who... used roids to get past Mark Hunt....

Mark Hunt cut down to 265 pounds for his fight with Stipe.

He didn't cut weight properly which is why he looked terrible in that fight.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

More important question is does DC deserve bigger superfights? I think he does. Guy is at the end of his career.

DC deserves to call the shots now. Stipe lost...so get back in line or wait for DC to retire.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

1st round KO loss. No immediate rematch.

PaperTrail07

If there was someone else besides a 41 year old guy coming off (3) losses in line, I would say no.... and you also said DESERVES....and the answer is yes......HOWEVER.....if STIPE won....would Brock have done the same shit? Was he going to fight regardless? tough call...

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    If there was someone else besides a 41 year old guy coming off (3) losses in line, I would say no.... and you also said DESERVES....and the answer is yes......HOWEVER.....if STIPE won....would Brock have done the same shit? Was he going to fight regardless? tough call...
    Volkov seems like the most deserving to me at this time.

How does a guy with a mere 3 title defenses that got KO'd in the 1st round by a light heavyweight deserve anything?

PaperTrail07

If it were Volkov.....I would agree w it........Volkov has earned his spot and should be upset with it as well....... this division has more variance w these big guys...I think his # of title defenses is pretty solid ...winner of last 6....and 5 were TKO's or KO's.....not some decision guy here.....I get it though.....still a business and yes Id watch haha......but on paper I do Think he deserves it....w how thin the division is, I cant imagine he is many fights away (if wins) from another shot at it....
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Volkov seems like the most deserving to me at this time.

How does a guy with a mere 3 title defenses that got KO'd in the 1st round by a light heavyweight deserve anything?
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave PaperTrail07 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Hell no. Stipe blew it and has to get back in line. Once DC beats Brock I think he focuses on LHW and a Bones trilogy aka gets his ass beat again. Hopefully he cries again after that one.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Stipe got koed by a 205er and blew his chance. If he wouldve won the fight, he would been begging for Lesnar. Lesnar also has 3 ufc belts and is the biggest draw we can get. Stipe will live. D.C and the ufc deserve Lesnar. D.C never moves back to 205.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

here is your top 10

only guy I'd take in there is stipe and it would be interesting to see stipe fight smarter and if DC can still get to him. DC needs to fight lesnar or stipe. I don't care to see him clown on anyone else.

JAKEPEAVY21

I forgot about Blaydes, he is on the short list of those that deserve a title shot soon.

I'm passing over Lewis, no way he should be ranked that high.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

deserve means nothing in the cruel world of MMA
    he got KOd in round 1, 100% chance he wont get a rematch unless Brock gets hurt or cannot fight DC , and if somehow Jones comes back he would get that fight over Stipe as well... Stipe is 3rd on the list right now

i could see them doing Stipe vs Blaydes since the UFC doesnt like Stipe and if he losses that fight it would be terrible for him, if he wins it doesnt do much either

Love Lewis but being #2 shows how terrible the division is lol, guys back is literally making him barely able to move in fights
    205 and HW are just a mess right now, need some young new talent ASAP

slikec
    slikec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

This is pretty simple for me lol. DC will fight Brock win and retire anything else would be big surprise(ok Brock not fighting is also big possibility). Reasons simple UFC loves money DC wants some pension money and if you listen DC speech after Stipe win he already said all that lol and when did UFC cancel money fight haha? So only big questions is here if Brock will fight without roids otherwise i would say is done deal.

VegasLoser
    VegasLoser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Hell no. He can never beat Cormier and he is a Clown. His pre fight talk was very telling and I made 16k based mostly on it

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

No more immediate rematches please.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

i wanna see jon jones beat down cormier again

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Lesnar isnt a fighter and cant fight. Why are people interested?

MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

Stipe deserves it more than tons of fighters that have gotten it.

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Miocic openly talks about his dislike for the UFC. My nephew wrestled with him in the last few years. I am sure the Jews have got word about him telling them he thinks they suck. He may or may not get a rematch soon. The posters that are on here saying he doesn't deserve it are completely wrong. One thing for sure is Stipe is a fighter. He wants to try to kick the guys azz that just sit him on his azz! I am going to assume most of you posters have never been in the ring or the octagon. Most of you don't have the fight in you to know what losing a fight feels like. Stipe doesn't need or care about the $$$ he fights for PRIDE! He is a proud man. He will NOT make the same mistake twice. Bet the house on Miocic if it happens.

12 Last