JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47501

Quote Originally Posted by ZINISTER View Post
    Miocic openly talks about his dislike for the UFC. My nephew wrestled with him in the last few years. I am sure the Jews have got word about him telling them he thinks they suck. He may or may not get a rematch soon. The posters that are on here saying he doesn't deserve it are completely wrong. One thing for sure is Stipe is a fighter. He wants to try to kick the guys azz that just sit him on his azz! I am going to assume most of you posters have never been in the ring or the octagon. Most of you don't have the fight in you to know what losing a fight feels like. Stipe doesn't need or care about the $$$ he fights for PRIDE! He is a proud man. He will NOT make the same mistake twice. Bet the house on Miocic if it happens.
    please, this reeks of a Cleveland homer.

your boy got KTFO by a lightweight in the 1st round and Cormier would beat his ass again if there is a rematch.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

^^^ See mr. Sonnen agrees with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    More important question is does DC deserve bigger superfights? I think he does. Guy is at the end of his career.

DC deserves to call the shots now. Stipe lost...so get back in line or wait for DC to retire.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I personally am sick of the auto rematches.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

I think he does deserve a rematch since he was very game early on in the fight.. With that being said Stipe hit DC with every thing he had and DC didn't blink.. Not sure what Stipe can do different to beat DC?

This could be one of those match ups that is completely one sided.. Like the Anderson Silva vs Rich Franklin re-matches back in the day.. Rich could never figure out how to beat Anderson Silva... It might be the same with Stipe and DC..

Stipe clearly can't out knock out DC and it's fair to say he can't out wrestle DC either...

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Stipe clearly can't out knock out DC and it's fair to say he can't out wrestle DC either...
    Stipe can knock out any HW. He just didnt hit DC flush.

RussianMike
    RussianMike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Dude, That entire "beaten by a 1st round KO" talking point was first started by the UFC as an excuse for McGregor to not be forced to step up and do the respectful thing and give Aldo another shot. It doesn't even hold any water. I mean, what the hell does it even mean? It's supposed to imply that the fighters aren't close in terms of skill, since dude finished him so quickly. But this is the fight game, with 4oz gloves. Getting caught happens. It ain't like Miocic (or Aldo) were worked over for 4-5 rounds and then lost convincingly. They just got caught early. Luck, basically. That to me just makes a rematch more of a necessity, but at the very least doesn't have any merit as an argument to not give a rematch. Shit's silly. Just cause UFC doesn't have any credible arguments for the lack of loyalty they show their fighters, so come up with nonsense narratives for the plebs as excuses, doesn't mean you gotta parrot their gibberish without even thinking about it yourself. C'mon man.
    Miocic is a dummy for even taking that DC fight. Should have told UFC to kick rocks. Not as if DC has ever been a fooking draw himself.

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Stipe is crying to anyone that will listen that he deserves an immediate rematch. I understand he had a whopping 3 title defenses and that is the Heavyweight record for title defenses. Given the fact that he got starched by 1st round KO, I don't think he deserves it. MAYBE if he had 5+ title defenses? If it was a hard fought decision/split decision loss, I'd agree with him but not with the way he lost.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by RussianMike View Post
    Dude, That entire "beaten by a 1st round KO" talking point was first started by the UFC as an excuse for McGregor to not be forced to step up and do the respectful thing and give Aldo another shot. It doesn't even hold any water. I mean, what the hell does it even mean? It's supposed to imply that the fighters aren't close in terms of skill, since dude finished him so quickly. But this is the fight game, with 4oz gloves. Getting caught happens. It ain't like Miocic (or Aldo) were worked over for 4-5 rounds and then lost convincingly. They just got caught early. Luck, basically. That to me just makes a rematch more of a necessity, but at the very least doesn't have any merit as an argument to not give a rematch. Shit's silly. Just cause UFC doesn't have any credible arguments for the lack of loyalty they show their fighters, so come up with nonsense narratives for the plebs as excuses, doesn't mean you gotta parrot their gibberish without even thinking about it yourself. C'mon man.
    Miocic is a dummy for even taking that DC fight. Should have told UFC to kick rocks. Not as if DC has ever been a fooking draw himself.
    we agree on something.

back to the end of the pecking order, Stipe.

The guy is a terrible interview and refuses to hype up fights...good riddance.

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

we agree on something.

back to the end of the pecking order, Stipe.

The guy is a terrible interview and refuses to hype up fights...good riddance.
    That's why the Jews don't like him Peav! He does nothing to hype the fights because he can't stand them focks! They are what they are... I am from Akron,Ohio. I do like Stipe. Never thought of him as this unbeatable force. I bet against him with Ngonua???lol But, to say he doesn't deserve a rematch seems totally unfair to him. That is what he will get from the JEWS that know he doesn't like him.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by ZINISTER View Post
    That's why the Jews don't like him Peav! He does nothing to hype the fights because he can't stand them focks! They are what they are... I am from Akron,Ohio. I do like Stipe. Never thought of him as this unbeatable force. I bet against him with Ngonua???lol But, to say he doesn't deserve a rematch seems totally unfair to him. That is what he will get from the JEWS that know he doesn't like him.
    he doesn't get along with Dana White, doesn't hype up fights, is as bad of an interview in all of sports, got KO'd in 1st round by a lightweight...keep dreaming

HurlSweatPants
    HurlSweatPants's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3367

Quote Originally Posted by RussianMike View Post
    Amen. Never thought about the Stipe angle of accepting the fight.

Hindsight is 20/20, but looking back it does seem this was a terrible fight to accept for Stipe. Worse case, Dana strips him in a rage fest for not accepting DC. Stipe would have come out clean (at least from the fans perspective) especially with the mockery they are making out of the HW division right now. Not to mention, these rematches are all case by case. If Stipe went out there and ran through DC (lets not forget he was a heavy favorite) it does nothing for him. There would be so many outs for DC had he lost..."he wasn't a true HW" or "he was the underdog anyway." etc.

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

he doesn't get along with Dana White, doesn't hype up fights, is as bad of an interview in all of sports, got KO'd in 1st round by a lightweight...keep dreaming
    I agree he is not by today's standards, a good ticket. He is not a color or highlight my hair, tat my neck and eye brows to look crazier, or talk like a big time wrestler to "ACT" like a good little JEW lover to get what is his. He is a MAN not a male. Let's his fighting do the talking. He has done pretty good for himself just kicking azz and putting out fires. Pucies who haven't been raised in Cleveland wouldn't understand. People from here are just tougher then most places. I like him and his style. I'm old school. New generation is hype machine crap. Hope he gets another shot at the title that's all. That's how it is supposed to work in the fight game.

raemarlin1
    raemarlin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

He got ktfo in the 1St.. No immediate rematch.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Former UFC heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic joins Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show via Skype to discuss his reaction to Daniel Cormier vs. Derrick Lewis, the UFC 230 main event title fight. Miocic explains how frustrated he was watching the fight, saying that should have been him facing Cormier for the heavyweight title. Stipe also reacts to Cormier saying he was too good to fight him after just three weeks’ notice, saying it wasn’t a good reason to not take the fight. Miocic expresses how he is pulling for a rematch with Cormier, saying he “deserves a shot,” how he is frustrated that it hasn’t happened yet and will be upset if he doesn’t get it. Stipe has no interest sitting down with the UFC because he says he has done it before and “it never worked.”

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

stipe starting to sound like a cry baby. he beat a bunch of HWS that were over the hill not in their primes and hes acting extremely entitled... fight 1 person get a big ko and youll get your title shot, you just got starched in the first round you dont deserve anything

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Daniel Cormier joins Ariel Helwani's MMA Show to talk about his upcoming fight vs. Stipe Miocic at UFC 241, saying he wanted to fight Brock Lesnar but doesn’t know why the Lesnar fight fell through, but he thinks Lesnar will ultimately fight again “for the right amount of money and the right opportunity.” Cormier says he’s “motivated” for Miocic despite having already knocked him out. Cormier then calls out Jon Jones saying that the trilogy fight is "all I want" and if it happened it’d have to take place at 205 pounds.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

LOVE IT....and lets be real.....Lesnar wants a HUGE fight that he can possibly win----he does not want to sign up for cheap and have his ass kicked...

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

^^^ Couple important things in that Cormier interview.

1. Cormier had back surgery in december. Which he kept a secret. However he says he feels better than ever after now that it's fixed.
    2. Fight will take place in Anaheim. He gives me the impression that he's afraid of competing in Anaheim. Where he lost in the past.
    3. Motivation. Not that Cormier is taking the Stipe rematch lightly but he clearly states he will have more motivation against Jon Jones. Stipe and Jones being the only 2 fights left for him. I'd fade Cormier vs. Stipe and back him against Jones from a motivational value point of view.

JAKEPEAVY21

hopefully DC starches this guy again

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Daniel Cormier vs Stipe Miocic odds - BestFightOdds

firekillex

at those odds ill be big on stipe ... DC just had back surgery and is getting old
    IMO skill wise hes the better fighter, but Stipe is bigger and healthier / in his prime
    hate Stipe and that he sat out but those odds are too nice to pass up

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    at those odds ill be big on stipe ... DC just had back surgery and is getting old
    IMO skill wise hes the better fighter, but Stipe is bigger and healthier / in his prime
    hate Stipe and that he sat out but those odds are too nice to pass up
    Yeah but if you watch interview and read my previous post, the back surgery is a good thing. That being said I think the odds should be reversed....mainly because it's the rematch.

Stipe -140
    Cormier +138

If this was their first fight I would set it at pickem

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Stipe Miocic joins Ariel Helwani's MMA Show and says he was “in shock” and it was “surreal” when he got the call that he was being offered a rematch vs. Daniel Cormier at UFC 241. Miocic adds that Cormier is, "An idiot, he can say what he wants to say.”

firekillex

Yeah but if you watch interview and read my previous post, the back surgery is a good thing. That being said I think the odds should be reversed....mainly because it's the rematch.

Stipe -140
    Cormier +138

If this was their first fight I would set it at pickem
    back surgery for sneezing at 40 years old is never a good thing.. most back surgeries end up messing the back up even worse
    i hope DC is healthy , but regardless i just think Stipe is better... DC is a HOF legend with amazing IQ but i think Stipe will tko him in this fight , + odds ill take him all day long, blessing that DC won the first scrap so we get these odds .... i think Stipe sitting so long was actually a positive for him as well

of course #1 rule never bet huge on heavyweights because one punch it can be over lol but value wise Stipe is a very solid bet imo

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

back surgery for sneezing at 40 years old is never a good thing.. most back surgeries end up messing the back up even worse
    i hope DC is healthy , but regardless i just think Stipe is better... DC is a HOF legend with amazing IQ but i think Stipe will tko him in this fight , + odds ill take him all day long, blessing that DC won the first scrap so we get these odds .... i think Stipe sitting so long was actually a positive for him as well

of course #1 rule never bet huge on heavyweights because one punch it can be over lol but value wise Stipe is a very solid bet imo
    WTF you mean "never a good thing". You going insanity check on me? JFC. The man just said his back feels better than before the surgery.

lol fukk this place

firekillex

WTF you mean "never a good thing". You going insanity check on me? JFC. The man just said his back feels better than before the surgery.

lol fukk this place
    what are you talking about..... i said injuring your back from a sneeze is never a good thing ?? are you ok mate
    obviously everybody says they feel the best ever when interviewed wtf is he going to say before a title fight oh i feel like shit??

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

what are you talking about..... i said injuring your back from a sneeze is never a good thing ?? are you ok mate
    obviously everybody says they feel the best ever when interviewed wtf is he going to say before a title fight oh i feel like shit??
    So according to you it doesn't matter what he says. lol fukk this place.

firekillex

So according to you it doesn't matter what he says. lol fukk this place.
    im legitimately confused are you on drugs or trolling right now ???
    athletes are the most delusional people on planet earth.... when havent you ever heard of a fighter saying after a surgery they feel amazing and brand new/ best camp of their lives???

hes a fckin 40 year old man that got injured by a sneeze with multiple injuries through wear and tear of wrestling for 30+ years , a little surgery isnt going to help him.... remember his teammate Cain that said he was super healthy after all those surgeries .. what happened to him when he came back????

relax and take a chill pill, i actually like DC much more than Stipe but the value is with Stipe and saying hes good after back surgery means literally nothing , if he says he can beat the shit outta jon jones for the 3rd time are you going to believe him as well

First 12