Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series #10 (June 19, 2018)

Dwight Grant vs. Tyler Hill: Not much to see of either guy. Dwight Grant from AKA. Has some sharp kickboxing. Particularly counters. Hill looks a bit too slow for him. Low confidence pick is Grant by KO/TKO.

Ryan Spann vs. Emiliano Sordi: Outside of a flash KO for Sordi, Spann should win this fight, and Spann has a solid chin (see his fight vs. Nicholson). If he needs to take it down, Spann has a strong bodylock and pretty good ground game. He deserves to be a sizable fav here.

Chikadze vs. Springer: Springer is trash and way too hittable. Chikadze is a can crusher, and he will crush another one Tuesday night. Chikadze KO/TKO rd 1.

Hernandez vs. Wright: Solid, measured pressure from Hernandez. Buttoned up striking game. Opportunistic subs with very good guillotine. Wright has some okay RNC finishes but nothing that looks all that good. Seems like Hernandez will be too solid for Wright whose ceiling may just be too low regardless of his experience and time spent at JacksonWink. Hernandez gets the finish win here. Pressures Wright into shooting for a rest and then seeks out the finish.

Sayles vs. Hajeh: Don't have a good read here. Sayles is hyped up but hasn't looked worth the hype IMO until his last fight. He's young and at a decent camp so he could improve rapidly. Hajeh has been at UFCPI working on his game lately. Hard to tell what he really is. I'm avoiding any bets on this one.

Input appreciated. I capped these in a bit of a hurry so may have missed some key info here or there.
    Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave Shagdogy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Shagdogy

Chikadze -250, win 1u
    Hernandez -192, win 1u

Rich Benjamins
    Rich Benjamins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3698

Grant has much better standup than Hill. Should be able to dominate. Spann said in an interview during the Nicholson fight that his new camp has transformed him into a killer. He showed that he can handle adversity vs Nicholson and KOed Nicholson on his feet, pretty rare for that to happen to Nicholson.

I like a Grant/Spann parlay.

Shagdogy

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Benjamins View Post
    Grant has much better standup than Hill. Should be able to dominate. Spann said in an interview during the Nicholson fight that his new camp has transformed him into a killer. He showed that he can handle adversity vs Nicholson and KOed Nicholson on his feet, pretty rare for that to happen to Nicholson.

I was thinking the same. Wish it paid more. I like 2 way parlays at even or better.

spurginobili
    Llano Estacado
    spurginobili's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20433

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Parlayed up Hernandez/Chikadze (+109) for 2u.

Shameless tail of Shaggy here. I trust his analysis.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5361

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Parlayed up Hernandez/Chikadze (+109) for 2u.

Shameless tail of Shaggy here. I trust his analysis.
    Putting $50 on both underdogs. One has to lose and ill be happy.

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

After watching tape on Hajeh/Sales, I was expecting the line to be around -200 for Sayles. -350 now is just a bit absurd. Yazan looks to have an advantage in the clinch and possible can be competitive if he can get Sayles on the ground (did not like how Sayles acquiesced to being on bottom in the first round to Hickman. I hear Sayles has improved a lot at Alliance working with Jeremy Stephens, but not sure he wins more than 75% of the time here. A flier at +300 sounds okay to me.

Shagdogy

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Putting $50 on both underdogs. One has to lose and ill be happy.
    You bet against both Hernandez and Chikadze? Shoulda just played Hugo’s parlay and then you could root with us.

Shagdogy

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    After watching tape on Hajeh/Sales, I was expecting the line to be around -200 for Sayles. -350 now is just a bit absurd. Yazan looks to have an advantage in the clinch and possible can be competitive if he can get Sayles on the ground (did not like how Sayles acquiesced to being on bottom in the first round to Hickman. I hear Sayles has improved a lot at Alliance working with Jeremy Stephens, but not sure he wins more than 75% of the time here. A flier at +300 sounds okay to me.
    I agree. It’s the learning curve of Sayles that has me avoiding. It’s only highlights you can find if his last fight on Lookin for a fight but he beat a step up in competition and had some solid flashes of striking.

That said, line is too wide considering the little concrete evidence available.

spurginobili
    Llano Estacado

Agreed, I'm taking Hajeh, especially at +300

Shagdogy

Damn... right when fights start, life gets in the way... looks like I'm watching on delay. Good luck everyone.

turbozed

I heard that Hernandez was in the hospital for an ear infection a few days ago so something to worry about there.

Rich Benjamins

Easy money. Now I can just relax and watch the rest of the show!

Rich Benjamins

Spann has a killer right cross, when he connects guys go down! He snaps it so quick. Nicholson was out on his feet from it.

kobejoshy
    kobejoshy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

Chikadze is a loser. No ground game. Legit just had to survive 55 seconds.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave kobejoshy 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

kobejoshy
    kobejoshy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

He didn't fight hands or anything lol

Demonata

Austin springer!!! $147 profit. Good start. Got to love experience and wrestling!!

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

F ucking pathetic.

Rich Benjamins

Damn, Giga still a beginner on the ground, was on his way to win the fight before getting taken down and subbed.

Rich Benjamins

Nice hit, Demonata! It feels especially good when your dog bet wins.

Austin springer!!! $147 profit. Good start. Got to love experience and wrestling!!

turbozed

Bet very small on Hill, Wright, and Yazan as dogs. Should've added Springer to that. Giga still has a gaping hole in his game.

Demonata

Nice hit, Demonata! It feels especially good when your dog bet wins.
    Thanks man. Yeah i liked springer to win a lot. He has fought tough fights too so i gave him the edge the longer it went.

Shagdogy

Giga completely quit. No heart. Had that fight won on the cards.

Demonata

Its wright time!!!!!!

Rich Benjamins

Thanks man. Yeah i liked springer to win a lot. He has fought tough fights too so i gave him the edge the longer it went.
    Right Giga might have gotten tired and slowed down in the 3rd, making him easier to get taken down and mount him.

Shagdogy

I heard that Hernandez was in the hospital for an ear infection a few days ago so something to worry about there.
    Hoping he's still got enough to beat Wright. I'm not impressed with him. Spams the right kick and then just average grappling game. Wish I had known about a hospitalization though. Never a good thing.

Shagdogy

That was easy. Should've just stuck with Hernandez. At least I get a bit back. Wright sucks.

spurginobili
    Llano Estacado

Beverly Hills Ninja goes down...and out

Rich Benjamins

Man, I should've just bet on Hernandez. I hadn't seen enough tape on Wright. But the way the guy looks and moves he looks like a flamingo. His boxing was horrible, and he couldn't take a punch.

Demonata

At least i hit springer against that bum chikaaz. So up $97 on the card which is fine by me.

Shagdogy

Gonna join you guys with a dog play on Hajeh... see if I can break even tonight. Not really the play I wanted, but why not? I think he has a big enough advantage if he gets top position to be better than +272.

Hajeh +272, risk .55u

turbozed

Welp, 0-2 on dogs. Let's hope Hajeh salvages my night. Only need 1 to win to get me in the green.

turbozed

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Hoping he's still got enough to beat Wright. I'm not impressed with him. Spams the right kick and then just average grappling game. Wish I had known about a hospitalization though. Never a good thing.
    Now I'm wishing I never heard of the hospitalization now. One of those scenarios where too much info is bad lol

Demonata

Not betting anymore this card but thinking matt sayles going to win easy

12 Last