Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Dude, what? No way. It's 6am and I can't wake up my kids cause I'm trying to watch fights in peace. Watched that with the sound off... no influence on me, but Yan won that fight easy. Also why the ref holding the wrong arm up freaked me out so much cause I didn't hear the cards.
    How did Xiaonan win when she didn't land anything? Pereira landed the cleaner and harder punches. Xiaonan's kicks were overscored. Almost all of the kicks Dan Hardy thought landed missed. If Pereira were Darren Till and Xiaonan were Stephen Thompson, Dan Hardy would be pulling those "advancing" and "cage control" stats out of his ass. Its basically the same fight as Till vs Thompson except Dan Hardy scored it opposite to how he scored that fight.

There's no consistency to Dan Hardy who has to be the worst announcer on the UFC's broadcast team.

MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

Holy Song Yadong. He looked fantastic.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47622

impressive win by the Yadonger

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Yan Xiaonan +140, 2.5u to win 3.5
    Felipe Arantes +110, 1u to win 1.1u
    Hector Aldana +225, .67u to win 1.5u
    Matt Schnell +165, .91u to win 1.5u
    Rolando Dy +134, 1.12u to win 1.5u

Jingliang/Abe +115, 1u to win 1.15u

Allen (LFA) + Clark parlay, +104, 1.5u to win 1.56u
    Jingliang + Sasaki parlay +100, 1u to win 1u
    Kim + Edwards +119, 1u to win 1.19

Good luck everyone. Just woke up for these...
    Added:
    Clark + Pedro parlay, +160, .63u to win 1u

Shagdogy

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    How did Xiaonan win when she didn't land anything? Pereira landed the cleaner and harder punches. Xiaonan's kicks were overscored. Almost all of the kicks Dan Hardy thought landed missed. If Pereira were Darren Till and Xiaonan were Stephen Thompson, Dan Hardy would be pulling those "advancing" and "cage control" stats out of his ass. Its basically the same fight as Till vs Thompson except Dan Hardy scored it opposite to how he scored that fight.

There's no consistency to Dan Hardy who has to be the worst announcer on the UFC's broadcast team.
    She controlled the range the entire fight. She landed more strikes, by far, and she was NOT the one advancing so advancing and cage control didn't play into it. Do you know which one Xiaonan is? I feel like you think Pereira is Xiaonan and didn't realize the ref raised the wrong arm first...
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Shagdogy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sanity Check

She controlled the range the entire fight. She landed more strikes, by far, and she was NOT the one advancing so advancing and cage control didn't play into it. Do you know which one Xiaonan is? I feel like you think Pereira is Xiaonan and didn't realize the ref raised the wrong arm first...
    I would guess the reason the ref raised Pereira's arm is, he had the best view of the fight and scored it for Pereira.

Then he was very surprised when he realized judges scored it for Xiaonan.

BTW, what "strikes" did Xiaonan land? A lot of the strikes commentators thought Xiaonan "landed" were clean misses. Including a lot of Xiaonan's side kicks which Dan Hardy mistakenly thought landed.

Yadong Song. What a beast that guy is.

Shagdogy

Just realized I didn't specify what my play was Jingliang/Abe. I'm on the u2.5 at +115.

Shagdogy

I would guess the reason the ref raised Pereira's arm is, he had the best view of the fight and scored it for Pereira.

Then he was very surprised when he realized judges scored it for Xiaonan.

BTW, what "strikes" did Xiaonan land? A lot of the strikes commentators thought Xiaonan "landed" were clean misses. Including a lot of Xiaonan's side kicks which Dan Hardy mistakenly thought landed.
    I don't even know what to say. Xiaonan barely threw the side kick that she's known for. I feel like we were watching completely different fights. Oh well.

MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

Damn those last two prospects really have a chance to be contenders. I knew Yan was excellent, I wasn't as aware of Yadong. Holy shit that was great.

Sanity Check

Petr Yan. Another powerful super athletic dude.

Sanity Check

I don't even know what to say. Xiaonan barely threw the side kick that she's known for. I feel like we were watching completely different fights. Oh well.
    This reminds me of Benavidez vs Sergio Pettis where some of you thought Benavidez won despite almost every single strike he threw missing, and the ones landed not having much impact.

Some of you need to learn how to properly score fights. How to score fights consistently where you apply the same criteria every single time.

There's a lot of bulllshit coming out of UFC commentators where they discuss everything -except- who is landing strikes--actually winning the fight. They have a tendency to score things like "who is moving forward" or "controlling the cage" more than they score who is actually winning.

This isn't a form of abstract art where you score it for whoever is appealing to your artistic sensibilities and mood swings.

Shagdogy

This reminds me of Benavidez vs Sergio Pettis where some of you thought Benavidez won despite almost every single strike he threw missing, and the ones landed not having much impact.

Some of you need to learn how to properly score fights. How to score fights consistently where you apply the same criteria every single time.

There's a lot of bulllshit coming out of UFC commentators where they discuss everything -except- who is landing strikes--actually winning the fight. They have a tendency to score things like "who is moving forward" or "controlling the cage" more than they score who is actually winning.

This isn't a form of abstract art where you score it for whoever is appealing to your artistic sensibilities and mood swings.
    I just don't understand how your complaints apply to this fight. I didn't listen to the commentary so I can't speak to that, but Yan did not control the cage. She did not move forward. So I can't imagine those things swayed anyone to her favor. It's weird.

SmellMyFinger
    SmellMyFinger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3316

2 possible options, either he bet on pereira and is being a bit bias, or he might not be the best fight scorer, both equally possible imo , no disrespect sanity, but you seem to be the only one to even make a case for pereira, let alone calling it a robbery ...... you are right that the kis did not cout as much as hardy would make you beleive, but her punches connected as well

Shagdogy

Woke up at 4:30 for this and after the Clark loss I'm basically even. Annoying. On tilt a little...

Added:

Pedro/Edwards parlay +135, 1.5u to win 2.03u. Rather win/lose than break even.

Shagdogy

Woke up at 4:30 for this and after the Clark loss I'm basically even. Annoying. On tilt a little...

Added:

Pedro/Edwards parlay +135, 1.5u to win 2.03u. Rather win/lose than break even.
    LOL. Can I take that back? Damn.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

fack..... had him stunned too

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

you have him stunned on the feet so he decides to grapple.....

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Luwl

Where is everyone? Expected more in In-Play posts in the thread...not like usual but still...guess urbody still sleeping.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Cowboy dead.

Fukkin commentators Hardy and his girlfriend made it sound like it was a close fight until the end...

Fight was over when Cowboy got cut early.

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Fukkin commentators Hardy and his girlfriend made it sound like it was a close fight until the end...

I look forward to the day when everyone can see how full of !@#% commentators are.

They don't call the fight.

They're more like mind control, pushing agendas. Fooling people into seeing things that aren't real.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11762

Slept thru this event. LOL.. Two bets were in for JIBS - Cowboy ITD and Jessica Eye by decision.. Spit and a wash...

I did catch the last 2 rounds of the Cowboy fight and I thought he won those rounds, I guess he lost the first 3 rounds of the fight which I missed.. Oh well..

Next ..

Decided I wasn't gonna bet on a slew of Asian fade candidates with this card when I was asleep.. Wait til the next event..

VegasLoser
    VegasLoser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Quote Originally Posted by VegasLoser View Post
    \

OSP has fought 7 guys who are ranked higher than Pedro. Pedro fought 1 and Latifi manhandled him. Pedro literally can't box or wrestle. I really struggle to see how he is a prospect. I hope the Sportbook enjoys the Gift you are giving them. You are basing this on all hype.
    Tried to warn your DUmbMOtherfckers LMAO

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Quote Originally Posted by VegasLoser View Post
    Tried to warn your DUmbMOtherfckers LMAO

Thx and good warning.

But I have to warn you to be more careful using that kind of language when people can't hear the tone of your voice, especially when you are new to the forum. People can take it the wrong way...Im sure you meant no offense by it as I don't mean any with this post.

Looking forward for your warnings in the future...hopefully it will help win with a bigger dog.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11762

I couldn't get a grip on that OSP fight at all even for hedging.. Took a pass..

Saw the replay just now and OSP got cracked and dropped then got back up, after that Pedro like an idiot tried to take OSP down and got reversed.. Key lock game over.. Pedro was doing great standing but went to clinch and take OSP down, big mistake.... Low fight IQ...

OSP gets the win.. Could have easily gone the other way though if Pedro kept it standing instead..

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Up 3u on this event with small bets on Xiaonan, Kim decision, Schnell, and a big bet on Eye. Lost money on Arantes who looked terrible but mostly because Yadong is now completely a legit talent.

Hope you guys did well!

turbozed

Xiaonan landed 71 strikes to Vivianne's 44. http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-det...0b0bea0e260b95

It's alright, was very early in the morning so you probably were sleepy watching it like I was.

turbozed

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    Jessica Rose-Clark vs Jessica Eye

If it does comes to punching and kicking, it's not certain that Eye is going to be at a disadvantage against Jessy either. Eye will be the slightly longer fighter and has recently started mixing in more kicks at range. Jessy was clearly frustrated with the kicking game of VanZant, and Jessy may not have the power to keep Eye away with counters. If Eye does lose the striking exchanges, she has the option to take it to the mat and control the fight there. I wouldn't put it past Eye and her bad fight IQ to not take this fight to the ground and lose a close kickboxing match, but this seems less likely given that she went this route against Faria in the last 2 rounds of her most recent fight.

I believe Eye should be the favorite in this fight and we're getting good underdog odds a bit due to recency bias and popularity. Jessy has had the two more higher profile wins against recognizable names while Eye has just won a split decision after going 0-4 previously. Still, Eye at even her worst looks to be a significant step up from the likes of Damm, Rawlings and PVZ. If Eye has figured out how to put the pieces together, Jessy may be in for a rough fight.
    I really should just go bigger on my long analysis plays, especially when it's women's MMA. Eye should've been the favorite and her past flakiness gave her a 100 pt discount. Similar to Schnell with his chin or Alvey's grating style, it's been profitable bargain hunting and betting the fighters nobody seems to like.

Teem
    Teem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3534

Maaaaan, Arantes failed me. I knew the Yadong kid was a savage but I still went for Arantes. Sigh.

Sanity Check

I'm worried about commentators selling angles.

It could be used for corrupt judges to overscore fighters who benefit books. People might fall for it, if judges and commentators show a unified front.

It does seem to have happened with the Cowboy fight where judges overscored Cowboy to fool people into thinking it was a competitive fight and commentators backed the crony judges trying to fool people into thinking Cowboy was in the fight at all.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 06-23-18 at 09:22 PM.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Up 3u on this event with small bets on Xiaonan, Kim decision, Schnell, and a big bet on Eye. Lost money on Arantes who looked terrible but mostly because Yadong is now completely a legit talent.

Hope you guys did well!

Great work on Eye breakdown. Turbo you sexy red panda.

Was key info the fact that she gave her gameplan. (Why we watch interviews)
    I don't know when you placed your bet on Eye but waiting long as possible was the right move for the best price...as

The public was fading Eye, thinking the same like Sanity Check's post.
    Points Awarded:

turbozed gave Thrilla 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

turbozed

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Great work on Eye breakdown. Turbo you sexy red panda.

Was key info the fact that she gave her gameplan. (Why we watch interviews)
    I don't know when you placed your bet on Eye but waiting long as possible was the right move for the best price...as

The public was fading Eye, thinking the same like Sanity Check's post.
    Thanks bro! Glad you got in on the underdog action.

I played Eye at around +140 before the lines tightened up for a bit to +105 or so. I think the move back to +140 or +150 come fight time was due to JRC being a max bet for the Half the Battle guys. I think they were very big on fading Eye without reviewing the tape on both girls.

Sanity Check

I was heavy on Jessica Rose Clark.

After seeing Jessica Eye's post fight interview, I'm glad she won though even if it cost me $$.

You can tell she worked hard for that and it was by far the best she has ever looked fighting in the UFC.

Anyone betting on Jessica Eye got lucky. Enjoy your lotto win. If the Jessica Eye that fought Kalindra Faria showed up she would have gotten worked. Rose Clark would definitely have won that.

turbozed

I was heavy on Jessica Rose Clark.

After seeing Jessica Eye's post fight interview, I'm glad she won though even if it cost me $$.

You can tell she worked hard for that and it was by far the best she has ever looked fighting in the UFC.

Anyone betting on Jessica Eye got lucky. Enjoy your lotto win. If the Jessica Eye that fought Kalindra Faria showed up she would have gotten worked. Rose Clark would definitely have won that.
    Appreciate your input and hope you keep responding to my fight breakdowns.

Shagdogy

Thanks bro! Glad you got in on the underdog action.

I played Eye at around +140 before the lines tightened up for a bit to +105 or so. I think the move back to +140 or +150 come fight time was due to JRC being a max bet for the Half the Battle guys. I think they were very big on fading Eye without reviewing the tape on both girls.
    I think I’m batting .000 when going the other way from you on WMMA that you have actually broken down. At least the consensus on Xiaonan helped me go bigger on her than I would’ve on my own.

First 12345 Last