MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    how do you fade the asian when its asian on asian fight?

"Fade 'em both into BOLIVIAN, I guess."--"Iron" Mike Tyson

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Didn’t Eye fight at 135 too?
    Yeah. Eye is a natural 125'er that fought there until her UFC career where she was forced to move up to 135. She was getting overpowered by stronger girls like Tate, McMann, and Pena. She was still relatively competitive at times though. Now at 125 she won't be at a size and strength disadvantage.

JRC has fought at 135 for almost her whole career except for her last two fights at 125 lbs where she was matched up with 115 lbers who weren't even considered very strong at 115.

So in response to Sanity Check's comment, Eye spent 4 or 5 years competing up a weight class with tough bantamweights. So it's unfair to criticize her for going down to 125 when that's where she should've been fighting all along.

JRC has been losing weight since slowly in her career and can make it to 125 lbs now, but she has fought at 145 before. She's arrived at the right time to benefit where she can now make the weight and at the same time losing 115ers decided to revive their career by moving up.

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Where is everyone on OSP/Pedro and Lausa/Sasaki?

I was big on Pedro in his first few fights and he does continue to improve, but OSP might be too much right now. Pedro failed to take Latifi down, was taken down multiple times himself, and was no better than 50/50 on the feet. He also got taken down by Safarov and had to work his finish from bottom. I think he will struggle to get those TDs again and from there OSP is a dangerous opponent on the feet where Pedro still looks a bit green to me.

And Lausa/Sasaki is interesting too. Lausa has very very good hand speed and Sasaki won’t be able to match the speed. But he’s a very opportunistic transitional grappler and usually makes the most of his opportunities on the mat, and applies a LOT of pressure on the feet. Sasaki should be favored but this line is a bit too wide. How hard is it to imagine Lausa keeping this fight standing and peppering Sasaki with his hand speed?

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5354

Probably going to parlay shane young with leon edwards and shane young with li jingliang. Shane young should win easy. Just add him to parlays.

Teem
    Teem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3534

Thoughts on Arantes/Song? And Schnell/Inoue?

turbozed

Wonder why we haven't gotten any lines for the Ji Yeon Kim vs Melinda Fabian fight. That's a fight where I feel like I gotta good read on.

turbozed

Quote Originally Posted by Teem View Post
    Thoughts on Arantes/Song? And Schnell/Inoue?
    Arantes should have a big advantage in positional grappling if the fight ever gets there. Yadong is fast and does have a good sprawl, so Arantes might have trouble taking him down. Striking wise, Yadong might have improved a lot since training at TAM. Movement certainly looks very fluid. However, Arantes did pretty well in the 2nd and 3rd rounds against Emmett once he got his timing down, so I wouldn't say Arantes is out of a pure striking match either. Arantes looks extremely durable so if he loses in the striking department, expect him to try to take Yadong down where he might dominate. I initially had a bet on Yadong early without watching tape (was getting him confused with Wang Guan) then I bought out of the bet. When I found more tape of Yadong's grappling in WLF, I switched over to betting Arantes.

Inoue looks to be a very slick grappler with decent striking. However he doesn't seem to have the physicality to impose his game against someone who doesn't want to be taken down. Training at a small gym where the best fighter is his sister is a problem if he wants to keep competing at UFC level against other Asian fighters making their UFC debut. Didn't get very close to taking De Tomas down and ate a ton of elbows for his trouble. There's a good chance that Schnell can keep it standing where he looks to be a bit more polished. Inoue is pretty accurate with straight punches but doesn't seem to have much variety in his striking game so after a couple of minutes of striking he tries to take it to the mat. So Schnell at +170 seems like a decent bet.

Shagdogy

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    Wonder why we haven't gotten any lines for the Ji Yeon Kim vs Melinda Fabian fight. That's a fight where I feel like I gotta good read on.
    Is your read that Fabian is and has always been extremely hittable and Kim will likely land a TON of punches, but the power advantage is decidedly in Fabian’s favor?

Shagdogy

Arantes should have a big advantage in positional grappling if the fight ever gets there. Yadong is fast and does have a good sprawl, so Arantes might have trouble taking him down. Striking wise, Yadong might have improved a lot since training at TAM. Movement certainly looks very fluid. However, Arantes did pretty well in the 2nd and 3rd rounds against Emmett once he got his timing down, so I wouldn't say Arantes is out of a pure striking match either. Arantes looks extremely durable so if he loses in the striking department, expect him to try to take Yadong down where he might dominate. I initially had a bet on Yadong early without watching tape (was getting him confused with Wang Guan) then I bought out of the bet. When I found more tape of Yadong's grappling in WLF, I switched over to betting Arantes.

Inoue looks to be a very slick grappler with decent striking. However he doesn't seem to have the physicality to impose his game against someone who doesn't want to be taken down. Training at a small gym where the best fighter is his sister is a problem if he wants to keep competing at UFC level against other Asian fighters making their UFC debut. Didn't get very close to taking De Tomas down and ate a ton of elbows for his trouble. There's a good chance that Schnell can keep it standing where he looks to be a bit more polished. Inoue is pretty accurate with straight punches but doesn't seem to have much variety in his striking game so after a couple of minutes of striking he tries to take it to the mat. So Schnell at +170 seems like a decent bet.
    I would have a be on Schnell already if it wasn’t for his fight IQ. Yes, he fought the smart fight and kept it standing against Beltran and won the kickboxing match, but Beltran never really even pressed into the clinch. Inoue certainly will. The problem with Schnell is that in the past he has been WAY too willing to give up position for submission. He loves his guillotine and has dropped onto his own back so many times I’ve lost count. Yes he looks like he has the TDD to keep the fight standing but I still can’t be confident he will. I have to avoid.

turbozed

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Is your read that Fabian is and has always been extremely hittable and Kim will likely land a TON of punches, but the power advantage is decidedly in Fabian’s favor?
    Except for landing that high kick on Deanna Bennett, I don't really think Fabian has that much power either. The only other strong strike I can recall her throwing was a step in elbow where Bennett was coming forward right into it.

Ji Yeon Kim has great boxing and it showed particularly in Rds 1-2 of the Pudilova fight and Rd3 of the Kish fight. Combined with her being taller and having an absurdly long 72" reach for a flyweight (Might Mouse's reach is 66" for comparison) and faster hands, she should beat Fabian to the punch each time.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave turbozed 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

turbozed

I would have a be on Schnell already if it wasn’t for his fight IQ. Yes, he fought the smart fight and kept it standing against Beltran and won the kickboxing match, but Beltran never really even pressed into the clinch. Inoue certainly will. The problem with Schnell is that in the past he has been WAY too willing to give up position for submission. He loves his guillotine and has dropped onto his own back so many times I’ve lost count. Yes he looks like he has the TDD to keep the fight standing but I still can’t be confident he will. I have to avoid.
    I'd be surprised if Schnell flops around in a fight where he's not at a serious physicality disadvantage like he was against guys like Font and Elliot. But you're right that he was pretty happy to trade in the pocket when his best chances were to play a range kickboxing style. I think he deserves some credit for changing that and keeping Beltran at distance.

Shagdogy

I'd be surprised if Schnell flops around in a fight where he's not at a serious physicality disadvantage like he was against guys like Font and Elliot. But you're right that he was pretty happy to trade in the pocket when his best chances were to play a range kickboxing style. I think he deserves some credit for changing that and keeping Beltran at distance.
    I want to give him credit, but it was ONE fight. Trying to keep myself from jumping to conclusions.

turbozed

I want to give him credit, but it was ONE fight. Trying to keep myself from jumping to conclusions.
    If we could draw any conclusions about Schnell's consistency, he wouldn't be a +170 underdog. His flakiness is baked into the price and the market will reward those that take a chance on low information.

VegasLoser
    VegasLoser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Pedro-132 is a gift... GL
    \

OSP has fought 7 guys who are ranked higher than Pedro. Pedro fought 1 and Latifi manhandled him. Pedro literally can't box or wrestle. I really struggle to see how he is a prospect. I hope the Sportbook enjoys the Gift you are giving them. You are basing this on all hype.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

I don't think it's happening.

Hugo de Naranja

His chin is pretty bad too.

Shagdogy

His chin is pretty bad too.
    We don't really know if Inoue can test it. Schnell should be pretty well in control of the range with his footwork and movement but Inoue could make up some of that with his reach (only 1" but he looks a lot longer).

Too many unknowns here. Theme of this card for me.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Write ups part 1 and 2 mmamania -

170 lbs.: Jake Matthews vs. Shinsho Anzai

Jake Matthews (13-3) made the move back to Welterweight after consecutive losses to Kevin Lee and Andrew Holbrook. The move has paid dividends thus far, as he defeated Bojan Velickovic and Li Jingliang while earning a “Fight of the Night” bonus against the latter.
    He is four inches taller than Shinsho Anzai (10-2) and will have a three-inch reach advantage.
    “The Animal” lived up to his nickname in his Octagon debut, a one-round slugfest with Alberto Mina that saw Anzai knocked out for the first time in his career. After stopping Roger Zapata, Anzai returned from a two-year layoff to upset Luke Jumeau in Saitama in Sept. 2017.
    He owns seven wins by first-round knockout.
    Anzai is good at two things and two things only: Throwing haymakers and attempting double-digit numbers of takedowns. It’s not the most versatile style in the world, but it generally gets the job done. Matthews had some issues with grapplers Holbrook and Velickovic, so an upset isn’t totally out of the question.
    It’s a little bit out of the question, though. Matthews did serious damage to the iron-tough Li Jingliang and Anzai doesn’t have the striking to properly set up his takedowns. Though Anzai could theoretically grind down Matthews, but he’d have to withstand a boatload of damage to do it and I’m not convinced he can. Matthews finds his chin late in the first.
    Prediction: Matthews via first-round technical knockout

115 lbs.:
    Yan Xiaonan vs. Viviane Pereira

Yan Xiaonan (8-1) suffered her lone professional mixed martial arts (MMA) loss in her third fight, then knocked out four of her next six opponents to earn a spot in UFC. In her debut, she outstruck Kailin Curran to take home a unanimous decision win.

She stands five inches taller than Viviane Pereira (13-1) at 5’5.”

Pereira brought several regional titles with her when she joined UFC, where she started strong with decisions over Valerie Letourneau and Jamie Moyle. She was no match for Tatiana Suarez, however, and lost a wide decision in Norfolk in Nov. 2017.

“Sucuri” steps in for the injured Nadia Kassem in little more than one month’s notice.

Yan is loads of fun and packs serious heat in her hands, which — combined with her height and reach advantages — initially had me picking her to win. On closer examination, though, her record is completely empty outside of her UFC debut and she had issues when the notoriously mediocre Curran put her against the cage. Pereira proved she could deal with taller, longer strikers against Letourneau and has a strong clinch game to support her boxing.

Yan’s “all power, all the time” approach to punching and kicking is always welcome on my screen, but not always the most effective strategy. Pereira pressures her way inside those long arms and does damage with tight punches and clinchwork to secure the win.

Prediction: Pereira def. Yan via unanimous decision

125 lbs.:
    Matt Schnell vs. Naoki Inoue

Matt Schnell’s (11-4) interim Legacy FC title earned him the No. 6 seed on The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 24, where he submitted Matt Rizzo before falling to Tim Elliott in the quarterfinals. Knockout losses to Rob Font and Hector Sandoval followed, though he managed to salvage his UFC career with a decision over Marco Antonio Beltran in Oct. 2017.

Schnell went 10-2 as an amateur before debuting professionally in 2012.

Naoki Inoue (11-0) — younger brother of Invicta standout Mizuki Inoue — submitted seven of his first 10 opponents en route to UFC. He demonstrated his elite grappling in his debut with a dominant decision over C.J. de Tomas in Singapore.

This will be his first fight in a year because of a shoulder injury.
    Inoue is a beast grappler at just 20 years old and this is exactly the sort of fight he needs. Schnell is a capable wrestler — an area Inoue has yet to show standout talent in — but he’s chinny enough to keep things interesting on the feet.

I really think that wrestling is going to be the deciding factor, though. Inoue got multiple advantageous positions against de Tomas by virtue of the Filipino’s repeated subpar takedown attempts. Schnell is going to do quite a bit more to set up his own shots and has the hips to shut down Inoue’s attempts to bring it to the ground. Unless Inoue can catch him with a right hand, which is certainly feasible considering Schnell’s lack of durability, expect a learning experience for Inoue as Schnell controls the striking for all 15 minutes.

Prediction: Schnell via unanimous decision

125 lbs.:
    Jenel Lausa vs. Yuta Sasaki

Jenel Lausa (7-4) defeated Crisanto Pitpitunge for the PXC Flyweight title in his final pre-UFC bout, then beat up Yao Zhikui in his Octagon debut. He didn’t have quite as much luck against Magomed Bibulatov and Eric Shelton, who used repeated takedowns to secure decision victories.

The former professional boxer is five inches shorter than “Ulka.”

Stoppage losses to Leandro Issa and Taylor Lapilus sent Yuta Sasaki (20-5-2) to Flyweight, where he has gone 2-2. After scoring a bonus-winning submission of Justin Scoggins, Sasaki faced Jussier Formiga and suffered the second submission loss of his career.

He replaces Ashkan Mokhtarian on short notice.

Sasaki is clearly a step or two below the Flyweight elite, but he’s still deceptively tricky and dangerous, a combination that’s more than sufficient to down Lausa. Despite his pedigree, “Demolition Man” tends to rely on big swings rather than crisp combinations and has yet to develop the wrestling necessary to consistently bring his power to bear.

And if Sasaki can put you on your back, you’re either staying there for a while or losing blood flow to your brain.

We’ve seen Sasaki succumb to strikes in the past, but it’s likelier that he grabs an early clinch, trips Lausa to the mat, and wraps those noodly limbs around his neck in short order.

Prediction: Sasaki via first-round submission

135 lbs.:
    Teruto Ishihara vs. Petr Yan

After ending his Road to UFC: “Japan” run with a draw against Mizuto Hirota, Teruto Ishihara (10-5-2) turned heads with his boisterous personality and brutal knockouts of Julian Erosa and Horacio Gutierrez. “Yashabo’s” fortunes took a rapid turn, however, entering the cage with just one win in his last four fights.

Eight of his professional wins have come by form of knockout.
    Petr Yan (8-1) — fighting out of Tiger Muay Thai alongside the likes of Mairbek Taisumov and Ben Nguyen — won an ACB tournament before losing a controversial decision to Magomed Magomedov in a vacant title shot. Undaunted, “No Mercy” went on to beat Magomedov in the rematch and knockout previously unbeaten Matheus Mattos in his first title defense.
    He has knocked out three opponents and submitted one other.
    I’ve said this about a few different people and generally come out looking stupid for it, but tempting fate is fun. Yan is “Next Big Thing” material — he’s fast, powerful, aggressive and has deep wrestling and Brazilian jiu-jitsu games to complement his core boxing game.
    He can also take a punch, which is bad for Ishihara.
    Yan has him beat in striking technique, wrestling skills and submission prowess. “Yashabo’s” only real chance is a one-hitter quitter from that sledgehammer left hand, and considering I’ve seen Yan absorb a flush spinning back fist without flinching, that seems unlikely. Yan dominates wherever the fight goes.
    Prediction: Yan via unanimous decision

145 lbs.:
    Felipe Arantes vs. Song Yadong

Consecutive upset submissions of Yves Jabouin and Jerrod Sanders made it look like Felipe Arantes (18-9-1) had found a home at Bantamweight, only for him to miss weight against Erik Perez and subsequently lose a split decision. “Sertanejo” returned to 145 pounds in Oct. 2017 with a decision loss to Josh Emmett, who knocked down the durable Brazilian multiple times on his way to victory.
    Though he and Song Yadong (12-4) are the same height, Arantes will have a six-inch reach advantage.
    Song made his professional mixed martial arts (MMA) debut at just 15 years old, cutting his teeth in China, Japan and Russia before making his Octagon debut in Nov. 2017. Facing Indian wrestler Bharat Khandare, Song showed some dangerous striking before locking up a bonus-winning guillotine choke late in the first round.
    Four of his seven stoppage wins have come by form of knockout.
    Song is aggressive and powerful, but extremely raw, the sort of fresh-faced youngster who Arantes can dramatically upend. “Sertanejo” is extremely durable and dangerously tricky, well-equipped to exploit the myriad openings Song leaves in his aggressive pursuit of the finish. He can control the stand up with his Muay Thai and lock up an armbar in a heartbeat should Song hit the deck or try to take him there.
    Song has real potential, but he’s up against a taller, longer, more experienced veteran who can survive the early onslaught and end things as soon as he lets up. Arantes wraps up a submission late in the first.
    Prediction: Arantes via first-round submission

145 lbs.:
    Rolando Dy vs. Shane Young

Rolando Dy (9-6) ran into some bad luck in his first two UFC appearances, as an eye injury cut short his fight with Alex Caceres and a point deduction against the aforementioned Ishihara turned what would have been a majority draw into a unanimous decision loss. He finally entered UFC’s win column in Nov. 2017 with a decision over Wuliji Buren in Shanghai.
    “The Incredible” will give up three inches of reach to Shane Young (11-4).
    “Sugar” Shane brought a five-fight win streak into his UFC debut, a short-notice bout with top prospect Alexander Volkanovski. Though he lasted the distance, he struggled with his foe’s wrestling en route to a decision loss.
    Five of his professional wins have come by form of knockout.
    This should be fun! Young’s a striker by trade and should be willing to engage Dy on the feet. Unfortunately, that’s a mixed blessing for “The Incredible,” who has a terrible habit of getting dropped. Even if things do wind up going the Filipino’s way on the feet, even Ishihara was able to take him down, meaning Young should have little trouble mixing things up and disrupting Dy’s rhythm.
    Young’s the more durable of the two and can grapple if necessary. He controls the striking and mixes in a takedown or two to win the decision, possibly dropping Dy once or twice along the way.
    Prediction: Young via unanimous decision

170 lbs.:
    Hector Aldana vs. Song Kenan

Hector Aldana (4-0) picked up three stoppages in four wins to earn a spot on The Ultimate Fighter (TUF): “Latin America” 2, where he represented Team Kelvin Gastelum. He defeated Alvaro Herrera in the elimination round, but suffered a submission loss to Enrique Marin in the semifinal round.
    He stands three inches shorter than Song Kenan (13-4) at 5’9.”
    “The Assassin” actually entered UFC on a two-fight losing streak, falling to Elnur Agaev and kickboxing standout Brad Riddell. He got back on track in his UFC debut with an upset knockout of Bobby Nash that took him just 15 seconds.
    Nine of his 11 finishes have come in the first round.
    Aldana has not had a professional fight since 2013 and two of his four wins came over guys making their debuts. Song may be a flawed fighter, but at least he’s got a solid punch and a boatload of experience.
    On the more substantive side of things, Aldana doesn’t appear to have any takedown defense whatsoever and doesn’t look superior on the feet. Song takes him down early and locks up a quick submission.
    Prediction: Song via first-round submission
    Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave JIBBBY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

I don't think it's happening.
    Or is it?

http://www.ufc.com/event/fight-night...2=leon-edwards

turbozed

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post

145 lbs.:
    Felipe Arantes vs. Song Yadong

Consecutive upset submissions of Yves Jabouin and Jerrod Sanders made it look like Felipe Arantes (18-9-1) had found a home at Bantamweight, only for him to miss weight against Erik Perez and subsequently lose a split decision. “Sertanejo” returned to 145 pounds in Oct. 2017 with a decision loss to Josh Emmett, who knocked down the durable Brazilian multiple times on his way to victory.
    Though he and Song Yadong (12-4) are the same height, Arantes will have a six-inch reach advantage.
    Song made his professional mixed martial arts (MMA) debut at just 15 years old, cutting his teeth in China, Japan and Russia before making his Octagon debut in Nov. 2017. Facing Indian wrestler Bharat Khandare, Song showed some dangerous striking before locking up a bonus-winning guillotine choke late in the first round.
    Four of his seven stoppage wins have come by form of knockout.
    Song is aggressive and powerful, but extremely raw, the sort of fresh-faced youngster who Arantes can dramatically upend. “Sertanejo” is extremely durable and dangerously tricky, well-equipped to exploit the myriad openings Song leaves in his aggressive pursuit of the finish. He can control the stand up with his Muay Thai and lock up an armbar in a heartbeat should Song hit the deck or try to take him there.
    Song has real potential, but he’s up against a taller, longer, more experienced veteran who can survive the early onslaught and end things as soon as he lets up. Arantes wraps up a submission late in the first.
    Prediction: Arantes via first-round submission
    Glad at least someone agrees with me on Arantes.

turbozed

Shows up as scheduled on Tapology too. Guess we'll find out when the weigh-ins are announced.

Hugo de Naranja

Shows up as scheduled on Tapology too. Guess we'll find out when the weigh-ins are announced.
    Weigh ins already finished. Looks like it's on after all.

http://www.ufc.com/news/2018-Fight-N...igh-in-Results

turbozed

Someone needs to message the books and demand a line for that fight

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Well this card happens in the wee hours of morning on Sunday for me out here on the west coast.. Doubt I'll be watching this event live.. Oh well .. UK and European MMA fans loving this I bet..

Damn was hoping for normal UFC times... http://www.ufc.com/

Shagdogy

Glad at least someone agrees with me on Arantes.
    I’ve been back and forth over this one for a while and I think I’m coming around to your side just with less confidence. The kicker for me is Arantes’s durability makes it very likely Song Yadong is gonna have to take this fight very deep or likely the distance if he’s gonna win. That would be asking a whole lot more of him than his octagon debut, and against a much more seasoned opponent who has a size advantage over him as well.

What does Song do if he wins the opening round handily like Emmett did but Arantes comes out stronger in round 2, undeterred? The multiple knockdowns by Emmett were surprising but almost looked intentional as bait on Arantes’s part. I’m not convinced his chin is a worry. So like I said I’ve joined you in favoring Arantes but with less confidence. We’ll be learning something about this new version of Song if he defeats a guy like Arantes over 3 rounds, but based on the info we have the play would be Arantes.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

UFC weigh ins: do my eyes deceive me or did OSP slim down a lot.

Teem

Where can I see in-depth stats on fighters? I use the UFC website to see strikes, takedowns, sub attempts, etc. I also use FightMetric. But I see that FightMetric gets a lot of shit for not being accurate. And Tapology doesn't show this stuff I'm looking for. Are there any other sites that show these stats?

turbozed

Where can I see in-depth stats on fighters? I use the UFC website to see strikes, takedowns, sub attempts, etc. I also use FightMetric. But I see that FightMetric gets a lot of shit for not being accurate. And Tapology doesn't show this stuff I'm looking for. Are there any other sites that show these stats?
    I'm not aware of any other stat tracker besides FightMetric which the UFC uses to track its stats. If you do find something else, let us know.

Teem

I'm not aware of any other stat tracker besides FightMetric which the UFC uses to track its stats. If you do find something else, let us know.
    I will for sure. Thanks

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Fight stats suck.

If you want an example of this, watch Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather Jr and note how significant strikes are severely overscored in Floyd's favor.

Fight metrics are like "cage control" and "advancing" stats. They're BS. "Significant strikes" also BS.

Takedowns attempted/completed/unsuccessful. Strikes attempted and landed are better. But still not as accurate as people might think.

I just got done watching Kailin Curran hammer fist Xiaonan Yan in the breasts in round 3 of their fight. "Significant strikes?"

edit:

Both Bryan Barbarena and Peter Sobotta could have won 1 round each against Leon Edwards. Don't know if either of them could win 1 round against Cerrone, which could mean Cerrone should be the favorite here.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 06-22-18 at 10:27 AM.

turbozed

I’ve been back and forth over this one for a while and I think I’m coming around to your side just with less confidence. The kicker for me is Arantes’s durability makes it very likely Song Yadong is gonna have to take this fight very deep or likely the distance if he’s gonna win. That would be asking a whole lot more of him than his octagon debut, and against a much more seasoned opponent who has a size advantage over him as well.

What does Song do if he wins the opening round handily like Emmett did but Arantes comes out stronger in round 2, undeterred? The multiple knockdowns by Emmett were surprising but almost looked intentional as bait on Arantes’s part. I’m not convinced his chin is a worry. So like I said I’ve joined you in favoring Arantes but with less confidence. We’ll be learning something about this new version of Song if he defeats a guy like Arantes over 3 rounds, but based on the info we have the play would be Arantes.
    I had a bet on Yadong before watching full Arantes tape. After watching the Emmett fight I bought out of my Yadong bet immediately.

I think a lot of people tuned out in that fight because of the way it started and didn't really notice how well Arantes did in the 2nd and 3rd round.

Arantes has never been KO'd before so I don't think Song does it here. That means that Song will have to fight for all 3 rounds.

Arantes scorecards no action might be a good bet.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

I wanna be a coooowboyy baby.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave UncleChael 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Sorry if this has been discussed already, i have not scanned the thread....

Is fight pass subscription the only way to view this event? Also, this starts at 8am eastern time correct? SBR Book has it at PM

Thanks

Shagdogy

So far I’m all dogs on this card: Xiaonan, Arantes, Aldana, Schnell, Dy. Not thinking I’ll hit them all but the value is there. Will look for some parlays maybe and a few distance props if I like em.

Anyone feel like they have a read on the o/u’s or distance props they wanna share?

Shagdogy

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    Sorry if this has been discussed already, i have not scanned the thread....

Is fight pass subscription the only way to view this event? Also, this starts at 8am eastern time correct? SBR Book has it at PM

Thanks
    Fight Pass only unless you can find a stream somewhere. Prelims at 4:30am est, and main card 8am.

First 12345 Last