PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

right lol....meanwhile bruce leeroy is still dancing around lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    damn ufc aint giving Sergio Pettis no breaks

PaperTrail07

Hugo--Def lean Covington as well.....Dude has the skills and is motivated like no other... I also think anyone vs Rashad should be -500....guy is done....and -220 on Bene is a steal....will probably win all 3 rounds....

PaperTrail07

Card is looking good

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

that nerd covington about to get STARCHED
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave firekillex 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JAKEPEAVY21

Teem
    Teem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3534

He will not stop talking shit haha

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Given her improvement trajectory and her physical gifts, as well as Holly declining at age 36, I also think Anderson is a live dog despite a lot of sharps I know thinking she's got no chance.

Here's a piece of a conversation I had about her:

We don't know how good Megan's counterpunching is because she's usually leading with punches. Cyborg and Schevchenko managed to counter Holm easily but they are two of the most skilled fighters in WMMA. Because GDR also countered Holly and because Rogan keeps hyping her up as a killer that has beaten up men before (the guy was a TV show host who spent a few months training kickboxing btw), we assume she's very skilled as well. She looks to have pretty good timing based on the eye test. Megan has terrible defense but she's actually pretty accurate with her punching and range management. Her loaded up power punches seem to land at a much higher rate than Holly's weaker and telegraphed ones. Holly will need to use her footwork to avoid being backed up against the cage since it looks like Megan's plan is to pressure her opponents backwards with her range and then tee off. Kinda like an orthodox, shittier Darren Till approach with no defense. If Megan can actually counter Holm in open space as well, then Holly is in trouble There's just no indication that she can do this.

Holly does have a strong clinch and was able to tie up both Cyborg and GDR when she realized she was losing the striking game. We'll only know how strong Anderson really is when the two clinch up.

The fact that after Anderson throws shots she just stands there to be countered shows she has bad defense or doesn't care enough not to get hit. This is probably a factor of laziness considering the lower competition she's been able to crush. But Tweet is probably the best FW out there besides the girls we already mentioned (Borg, Holly, GDR, maybe Julia Budd too), and landed harder counters on Megan that I've ever seen Holly been able to land yet Megan walked through them and proceeded to smash her.

So if Holly can't stop Anderson from coming forward with power (unless it's a high kick) Holly is going to have to play her outside striking game and use her footwork to win. When that fails, Holly will clinch up. This might turn out to be a pretty close decision that looks like Rds 3-5 of the GDR fight.
    h her.

So if Holly can't stop Anderson from coming forward with power (unless it's a high kick) Holly is going to have to play her outside striking game and use her footwork to win. When that fails, Holly will clinch up. This might turn out to be a pretty close decision that looks like Rds 3-5 of the GDR fight.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave turbozed 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

holly by decision...

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Tweet stunned Anderson pretty bad in the 2nd round I believe? It was a weird shot and technically pretty ugly but the strike came right after Anderson landed something of her own.

Holly wont do that!

Holly is telegraphing everything and she has lost alot of speed. Holly is a pure decision fighter unless she fights bottom bum level fighters like Bethe.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    that nerd covington about to get STARCHED
    Nerd bash 2018. Colby gonna give him a wedgie.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Im loving RDA to whoop covington!!!!

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Watched Megan Anderson's last fight. Things that stand out.

#1 She has good offense. Good kickboxing technique. Good power.

#2 Her striking defense could be worse than Ronda Rousey's. She got hit with almost everything her opponent threw at her (?) even if it wasn't particularly sneaky, fast or setup well.

#3 Her wrestling and grappling game might not be UFC level. Her athleticism may also not be there. She looked to have slowed down after wrestling on the fence a little in round 1 versus Charmaine Tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    Rogan keeps hyping her up as a killer that has beaten up men before (the guy was a TV show host who spent a few months training kickboxing btw)
    Joe Rogan used to compete in tae kwon do. That's where his kicking technique comes from. There's a clip of him dropping someone with a spin kick to the body.

I don't mind Joe Rogan. I wish people would be more open minded about things and maybe think more long term.

Does anyone remember the name of the girl Valentina Shevchenko fought last? The one who took a beating and thought people would at least remember her name for "not quitting"? I don't remember her name. If that fight happened on the main card of a PPV, it wouldn't do anything to help me remember what her name was.

The UFC puts on so many PPV cards and so many events, anyone who deserves a slot on the main card will get one eventually. This idea that there are a "very limited" number of UFC events per year and CM Punk taking one of those spots is a tragedy doesn't make sense to me.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 06-05-18 at 07:14 PM.

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

I like this card for watching but scratching my head when it comes to finding value. Nothing jumping out at me. Anybody with leans where I should start tape?

Only have watched tape for Anderson/Holm and think lines are about right. Anderson has a lot of raw talent but she'll have needed to improved a lot since her last few fights to take this.
    Leaning Guida at plus money, but Oliveira is one of those must hedge fighters, by sub to be safe, or round 1 for a lil extra value since he’s coming in on late notice.

I like Blaydes but didn’t bet him before this line moved. Now I’m just waiting it out but looks like it’s gonna stay -170 range.

Anthony Smith has 41 pro fights and has only seen decision THREE times! That FDGTD prop was +130 for a bit but still might be good at -110, -120 range. It has hit in 38 of 41 of Smith’s fights. That’s nuts.

Haven’t taped Benavidez yet but I like Sergio Pettis a lot and if he can stay upright I give him a good shot. He’s not likely to finish Joe so +300 by decision prop may be ok if I watch tape and decide he will possibly keep it upright. He has been wrestling with Israel Martinez so maybe he’s improving. Plus Joe B is definitely not Cejudo in there.

Finally, Colby/RDA is a super divided matchup. Lots of good cappers on both sides. Would like your opinion. I leaned Colby until I taped it and now I slightly lean RDA.
    Points Awarded:

SmellMyFinger gave Shagdogy 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Good card I like it!!!

I will be around and posting for this one!!!!

Rashad Evans an auto fade for sure.. Will get stopped ITD... I do not agree with the write up below with Rashad going the distance.. NO WAY.. Washed up will retire after this fight after getting stopped and dropped again..

4 losses in a row now.. I'm shocked that he is still employed by the UFC to be honest. His name and legacy got him this 4th fight I believe.. A favor...http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Rashad-Evans-10200
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-05-18 at 08:46 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

MMA Mania write ups coming in - Part 1 prelims..

205 lbs.: Rashad Evans vs. Anthony Smith
    It’s been more than four years since Rashad Evans (19-7-1) demolished Chael Sonnen in his last Octagon victory. He has since lost four straight, including a winless (0-2) Middleweight run that featured split decision losses to Dan Kelly and Sam Alvey.
    “Suga” is four inches shorter than Anthony Smith (28-13) and will give up two inches of reach.
    “Lionheart” — who was one-and-done in his first UFC venture — won eight straight to earn another shot in the Octagon. After splitting his first two bouts, he rattled off a three-fight knockout streak before succumbing to the power of Thiago Santos in February.
    Fourteen of his 25 stoppage wins have come by form of knockout.
    If Evans had shown even a modicum of his former self since 2013, I’d pick him to win this without much trouble. Smith’s takedown defense remains iffy and I don’t think moving to 205 pounds is the panacea for that particular trouble. As is, Evans is too reluctant to pull the trigger for me to pick him over someone who throws this much volume.
    Evans needs to stay low, active and work his way inside Smith’s reach to overpower him on the mat. I’m sure he can still do that physically, so it wouldn’t surprise me to see him finally pick up another win, but I say his hesitation costs him as Smith potshots his way to victory at range.
    Prediction: Smith via unanimous decision

125 lbs.:
    Sergio Pettis vs. Joseph Benavidez

After opening his UFC career 3-2, Sergio Pettis (16-3) finally got his feet under him and proceeded to win four straight, among them a main event victory over Brandon Moreno in hostile territory. Henry Cejudo proved a step too far, though, exploiting Pettis’ takedown defense to win a unanimous decision.
    He will have two inches of height and four inches of reach on Joseph Benavidez (25-4).
    Benavidez has won 13 of his last 15 fights, defeating everyone not named Demetrious Johnson along the way. His current six-fight streak includes a split decision victory over Cejudo in his last bout.
    This will be his first Octagon appearance since Dec. 2016 thanks to ACL surgery.
    Related
    Why Is The No. 1 Flyweight Fighting On Fight Pass Prelims?

In more than one decade as a professional fighter, Benavidez has only ever lost to the Flyweight G.O.A.T. and the arguable Bantamweight G.O.A.T. That streak has to end at some point, obviously, but it won’t be doing so this Saturday. He’s got the same sort of wrestling prowess that has stymied Pettis in the past and his sheer speed is enough for him to hold his own on the feet.
    Unless Pettis can finally show off some stopping power, Benavidez is going to walk him down all night, clipping him with overhands and hooks until he can dominate on the mat. In other words, 30-27s across the board for Joe B.
    Prediction: Benavidez via unanimous decision

155 lbs.:
    Clay Guidavs. Charles Oliveira

Clay Guida (34-17) has found new life since returning to Lightweight, winning two straight after ending his Featherweight run on a 1-3 skid. His last fight saw him score his first (technical) knockout in almost a decade by stopping Joe Lauzon in just 67 seconds.
    “The Carpenter” is three inches shorter than Charles Oliveira (22-8) and will give up four inches of reach.
    Related
    Video: Diaz And Crew Scuffle With Guida, Diamond At Combate Americas

A series of catastrophic weight cut failures — including weighing in at the Lightweight limit for his Featherweight fight with Ricardo Lamas — sent “Do Bronx” back to 155 pounds after 12 fights at Featherweight. He choked out Will Brooks in his Lightweight return, but got pounded into the dirt by Paul Felder in his most recent appearance.
    He replaces Bobby Green on just over a week’s notice.
    This could either be very entertaining or hideously boring — there is no middle ground. All things being equal, I lean toward Oliveira. On the feet, his height and clinch knees give him the edge, while his ground prowess is well-known. Guida risks a guillotine or sweep every time he ducks in for one of his favored double-legs and isn’t an active enough ground-and-pounder to break Oliveira’s will the way Felder did.
    Oliveira is just too dangerous on the ground for Guida to execute his ideal gameplan and too dangerous with his clinch striking for Guida to grind him to death on the cage. In short, Oliveira catches him in something nasty before long.
    Prediction: Oliveira via first-round submission

145 lbs.:
    Mike Santiago vs. Dan Ige

Mike Santiago (21-11) knocked out Mark Cherico on Dana White’s “Tuesday Night Contender Series” to cap off an 11-fight win streak that included nine first-round finishes. He went on to lose to Zabit Magomedsharipov in his Octagon debut, then dropped a decision to Mads Burnell four months later.
    He has submitted 10 opponents and knocked out another seven.
    Dan Ige (8-2) rattled off five straight wins to earn a “Tuesday Night Contender Series” slot, choking out Luis Gomez in Week 3. Facing fellow “Tuesday Night Contender Series” alumnus Julio Arce in his UFC debut, “Dynamite” struggled to deal with his opponent’s striking and ultimately lost a unanimous decision.
    He is three inches shorter than Santiago, but will have a two-inch reach advantage.
    Santiago is the more entertaining of these two by a fair margin, which makes it a bit of a bummer that he’s going to eat his third consecutive loss. Ige may be a slow, one-note grinder, but a severely diminished Burnell managed to take down Santiago three times, so my faith in his counter-wrestling isn’t sky-high at the moment.
    Santiago’s the better striker of the two and will have a considerable edge if he can force a high-pace, scramble-heavy bout. After his last performance, though, I see Ige’s meat-and-potatoes wrestling putting him on top long enough to get the decision.
    Prediction: Ige via unanimous decision
    Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave JIBBBY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Rashad Evans an auto fade for sure.. Will get stopped ITD... I do not agree with the write up below with Rashad going the distance.. NO WAY.. Washed up will retire after this fight after getting stopped and dropped again..

4 losses in a row now.. I'm shocked that he is still employed by the UFC to be honest. His name and legacy got him this 4th fight I believe.. A favor...http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Rashad-Evans-10200
    USADA went into effect on july 1st 2015. Proof: https://ufc.usada.org

Rashad's losing streak began on october 3rd 2015, shortly after random PED testing was implemented. Coincidence?

It baffles me how MMA journalists and "experts" claim RDA is "juicing" when there are so many more likely candidates to look at as far as doping goes. Its like people don't have eyes.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave Sanity Check 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    USADA went into effect on july 1st 2015. Proof: https://ufc.usada.org

Rashad's losing streak began on october 3rd 2015, shortly after random PED testing was implemented. Coincidence?

It baffles me how MMA journalists and "experts" claim RDA is "juicing" when there are so many more likely candidates to look at as far as doping goes. Its like people don't have eyes.
    Maybe onto something there Sanity.. When fighter can't juice anymore the do feel they lose that invincibility and advantage in the cage..

Rashad has gotten away from this wrestling chops and that's his biggest problem I think.. Reminds me of Josh Koscheck.. When wrestling based fighters get away from their wrestling they usually begin to get dropped standing.. MMA career over or bumped to Bellator...

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

I thought about Anjos/Cov and Im not sure. I dont have a clear view of that one. You need to remember Anjos has 37 fights under his belt and I believe he was lucky he fought Lawler because he knew exactly what he got with him where he didnt have to worry about a grinding grappler. Even in those striking exchanges he seemed to have slowed down.

Covington is "fresh faced" with 14 fights total. I really like Anjos at those odds but my gut feeling isnt right.

SmellMyFinger
    SmellMyFinger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3316

as far as knowledge of your opponent's gameplan being an andvantage, i don't think rda is thinking colby will come there to kickbox with him

Frankenpettis takes this, and i think the under 4.5 at +145 is something to look at too, If rda is not winnig the fight it meas he is being smothered beyond belief and colby can put him away at the end of a prolonged beating, not banking too much on the fight ending by rdaby ko but he has a more than respectable sub game

strictlypaypal
    strictlypaypal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4351

Took my bookie for $2K on Till now he knew i wanted cov and moved the odds to -115.

Just locked in a parlay on Tuivasa / Covington $1K to win $1550.

Cov going to rag doll rda. Sato is right his striking didnt look the usual vs Robbie and Rob tore his ACL midway.

SmellMyFinger
    SmellMyFinger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3316

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8qKOTVZo9o

some good insight on some of the matchups
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave SmellMyFinger 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sanity Check

Colby Covington looks like he's wearing eyeliner sometimes. Maybe his eye lashes are really long? Its a cool look.

CM Punk having somewhat bags under his eyes could be due to consuming a lot of salt which traps water beneath the eyes, etc. It might also mean he has high blood pressure or that his athleticism/strength and conditioning/nutrition isn't as good as it could be. He might be a steak and potatoes guy who might benefit from looking into improving his nutrition a little more.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by SmellMyFinger View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8qKOTVZo9o

some good insight on some of the matchups
    These guys always do a pretty solid job.
    Points Awarded:

JC2008 gave Hugo de Naranja 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

Hugo -- What convinces you about Anderson over Holm?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

MMA Mania write ups coming in - Part 1 prelims..

205 lbs.: Rashad Evans vs. Anthony Smith
    It’s been more than four years since Rashad Evans (19-7-1) demolished Chael Sonnen in his last Octagon victory. He has since lost four straight, including a winless (0-2) Middleweight run that featured split decision losses to Dan Kelly and Sam Alvey.
    “Suga” is four inches shorter than Anthony Smith (28-13) and will give up two inches of reach.
    “Lionheart” — who was one-and-done in his first UFC venture — won eight straight to earn another shot in the Octagon. After splitting his first two bouts, he rattled off a three-fight knockout streak before succumbing to the power of Thiago Santos in February.
    Fourteen of his 25 stoppage wins have come by form of knockout.
    If Evans had shown even a modicum of his former self since 2013, I’d pick him to win this without much trouble. Smith’s takedown defense remains iffy and I don’t think moving to 205 pounds is the panacea for that particular trouble. As is, Evans is too reluctant to pull the trigger for me to pick him over someone who throws this much volume.
    Evans needs to stay low, active and work his way inside Smith’s reach to overpower him on the mat. I’m sure he can still do that physically, so it wouldn’t surprise me to see him finally pick up another win, but I say his hesitation costs him as Smith potshots his way to victory at range.
    Prediction: Smith via unanimous decision

125 lbs.:
    Sergio Pettis vs. Joseph Benavidez

After opening his UFC career 3-2, Sergio Pettis (16-3) finally got his feet under him and proceeded to win four straight, among them a main event victory over Brandon Moreno in hostile territory. Henry Cejudo proved a step too far, though, exploiting Pettis’ takedown defense to win a unanimous decision.
    He will have two inches of height and four inches of reach on Joseph Benavidez (25-4).
    Benavidez has won 13 of his last 15 fights, defeating everyone not named Demetrious Johnson along the way. His current six-fight streak includes a split decision victory over Cejudo in his last bout.
    This will be his first Octagon appearance since Dec. 2016 thanks to ACL surgery.
    Related
    Why Is The No. 1 Flyweight Fighting On Fight Pass Prelims?

In more than one decade as a professional fighter, Benavidez has only ever lost to the Flyweight G.O.A.T. and the arguable Bantamweight G.O.A.T. That streak has to end at some point, obviously, but it won’t be doing so this Saturday. He’s got the same sort of wrestling prowess that has stymied Pettis in the past and his sheer speed is enough for him to hold his own on the feet.
    Unless Pettis can finally show off some stopping power, Benavidez is going to walk him down all night, clipping him with overhands and hooks until he can dominate on the mat. In other words, 30-27s across the board for Joe B.
    Prediction: Benavidez via unanimous decision

155 lbs.:
    Clay Guidavs. Charles Oliveira

Clay Guida (34-17) has found new life since returning to Lightweight, winning two straight after ending his Featherweight run on a 1-3 skid. His last fight saw him score his first (technical) knockout in almost a decade by stopping Joe Lauzon in just 67 seconds.
    “The Carpenter” is three inches shorter than Charles Oliveira (22-8) and will give up four inches of reach.
    Related
    Video: Diaz And Crew Scuffle With Guida, Diamond At Combate Americas

A series of catastrophic weight cut failures — including weighing in at the Lightweight limit for his Featherweight fight with Ricardo Lamas — sent “Do Bronx” back to 155 pounds after 12 fights at Featherweight. He choked out Will Brooks in his Lightweight return, but got pounded into the dirt by Paul Felder in his most recent appearance.
    He replaces Bobby Green on just over a week’s notice.
    This could either be very entertaining or hideously boring — there is no middle ground. All things being equal, I lean toward Oliveira. On the feet, his height and clinch knees give him the edge, while his ground prowess is well-known. Guida risks a guillotine or sweep every time he ducks in for one of his favored double-legs and isn’t an active enough ground-and-pounder to break Oliveira’s will the way Felder did.
    Oliveira is just too dangerous on the ground for Guida to execute his ideal gameplan and too dangerous with his clinch striking for Guida to grind him to death on the cage. In short, Oliveira catches him in something nasty before long.
    Prediction: Oliveira via first-round submission

145 lbs.:
    Mike Santiago vs. Dan Ige

Mike Santiago (21-11) knocked out Mark Cherico on Dana White’s “Tuesday Night Contender Series” to cap off an 11-fight win streak that included nine first-round finishes. He went on to lose to Zabit Magomedsharipov in his Octagon debut, then dropped a decision to Mads Burnell four months later.
    He has submitted 10 opponents and knocked out another seven.
    Dan Ige (8-2) rattled off five straight wins to earn a “Tuesday Night Contender Series” slot, choking out Luis Gomez in Week 3. Facing fellow “Tuesday Night Contender Series” alumnus Julio Arce in his UFC debut, “Dynamite” struggled to deal with his opponent’s striking and ultimately lost a unanimous decision.
    He is three inches shorter than Santiago, but will have a two-inch reach advantage.
    Santiago is the more entertaining of these two by a fair margin, which makes it a bit of a bummer that he’s going to eat his third consecutive loss. Ige may be a slow, one-note grinder, but a severely diminished Burnell managed to take down Santiago three times, so my faith in his counter-wrestling isn’t sky-high at the moment.
    Santiago’s the better striker of the two and will have a considerable edge if he can force a high-pace, scramble-heavy bout. After his last performance, though, I see Ige’s meat-and-potatoes wrestling putting him on top long enough to get the decision.
    Prediction: Ige via unanimous decision
    Part 2 -

265 lbs.: Alistair Overeemvs. Curtis Blaydes
    Alistair Overeem (43-16) rebounded from his failed title shot against Stipe Miocic with wins over rivals Mark Hunt and Fabricio Werdum, giving him six wins in his previous seven fights. “The Reem” was unable to do the same to Francis Ngannou, who unleashed 2017’s “Knockout of the Year” to put the Dutchman to sleep in a single round.
    He has gone the distance just eight times in 60 fights.
    Curtis “Razor” Blaydes (9-1) didn’t quite make the cut (sorry) in his Octagon debut against Francis Ngannou, but has gone undefeated in his past five fights, the sole blemish a beatdown victory over Adam Milstead that a failed drug test for marijuana turned into a “No Contest.” In his last bout, he survived a vicious right hand from Mark Hunt to overwhelm the veteran in Perth.
    Seven of his nine wins have come by form of knockout.
    Assuming Overeem is actually still alive and not just operating on reflex since that Ngannou uppercut obliterated his higher brain functions, this is an extremely winnable fight for him. He’s inordinately difficult to take down and Blaydes’ stand up — while definitely better than when he first joined UFC — remains rather lumbering.
    Worse for Blaydes, failed takedowns tend to mean spending time in the clinch, where Overeem tends to destroy people in worryingly violent fashion.
    Blaydes’ biggest asset here may be his chin — the right hand Hunt landed on him is probably the single most powerful blow the “Super Samoan” has landed in the Octagon and it wasn’t enough to put him away. That said, Overeem’s knees are in a class of their own. Blaydes spends a few minutes trying to muscle Overeem around the fence before ducking into something horrific.
    Prediction: Overeem via first-round knockout

115 lbs.:
    Claudia Gadelha vs. Carla Esparza

Undeterred by her second loss to Joanna Jedrzejdzyk, Claudia Gadelha (15-3) handily defeated Cortney Casey and Karolina Kowalkiewicz to reassert her place among the Strawweight elite. Despite a strong start against Jessica Andrade, however, “Claudinha’s” fellow Brazilian handed her a beating in Saitama, although Gadelha did get a “Fight of the Night” bonus to ease the pain.
    She has submitted seven opponents and knocked out another two.
    Carla Esparza (13-4) lived up to her No. 1 ranking on The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) by running through the competition, ultimately submitting Rose Namajunas at the Finale to become the inaugural UFC women’s Strawweight champ. Though she’s just 3-2 since that victory, she’s coming off an upset over the highly touted Cynthia Calvillo in Dec. 2017.
    She will give up three inches of height to the 5’4” Gadelha.
    I really, really think Gadelha should move to Flyweight, where she might actually have more than seven minutes of gas in the tank, but Esparza’s not the one to send her packing. Without Andrade’s dangerous stand up or her sheer pressure, Esparza will struggle to whittle down Gadelha’s stamina, and I’m not sure her wrestling is enough to take the Brazilian off her feet unless she’s well and truly fatigued.
    As a result, this should mostly be a striking battle, where Gadelha figures to have a considerable edge. So long as she can force at least two good rounds out of her engine, Gadelha’s jab and physical strength carry her to victory.
    Prediction: Gadelha via unanimous decision

145 lbs.:
    Ricardo Lamas vs. Mirsad Bektic

Ricardo Lamas (18-6) cemented his status among the Featherweight elite with a bonus-winning submission of Charles Oliveira and a one-round thrashing of Jason Knight, setting up a rematch with former champ Jose Aldo at UFC on FOX 26. When Aldo got called up for a title shot, “The Bully” instead faced an overweight Josh Emmett, who rewarded Lamas for his flexibility by knocking him unconscious with a left hook.
    His 10 stoppage wins are split evenly between knockouts and submissions.
    Long considered among the sport’s best prospects, Mirsad Bektic (12-1) was minutes away from a wide decision victory over Darren Elkins when he suffered 2017’s most shocking upset. He returned to action 10 months later at UFC on FOX 27, crushing Godofredo “Pepey” with a bonus-winning shot to the solar plexus.
    He has knocked out six professional opponents and submitted another three.
    I’m still on the Bektic train, honestly. He loads up a bit too much on his strikes, but aside from that, he’s got an incredibly complete and destructive game. Lamas — though an adept kicker who could theoretically keep the Bosnian bruiser away — is in for a rough night.
    Despite Lamas’ wrestling pedigree, he completes less than one-third of his takedown attempts and successfully defends less than one-half the ones coming his way. Any fight in which Bektic can establish top position is one his opponent is going to regret taking. Lamas -- a ferocious ground-and-pounder in his own right — gets a taste of his own medicine as Bektic mauls him.
    Prediction: Bektic via second-round technical knockout

265 lbs.:
    Rashad Coulter vs. Chris De La Rocha

Rashad Coulter (8-3) took a licking against Chase Sherman in his UFC debut, but walked away with a “Fight of the Night” bonus in defeat. “Daywalker” wasn’t quite as competitive against Tai Tuivasa, who caught him with a flush flying knee late in the first round.
    All of his professional victories have come by knockout.
    Chris De La Rocha (4-2) joined UFC in 2015 and promptly got knocked out by Daniel Omielanczuk in 48 seconds, then got knocked out by Adam Milstead 10 months later. He wasn’t quite done in the Octagon, however, and answered the call when Allen Crowder withdrew with an injury.
    This will be his first fight in two years.
    This fight is on FOX Sports 1; meanwhile, Joseph Benavidez vs. Sergio Pettis is on Fight Pass and it isn’t even the featured “Prelims” undercard bout. This is dumb.
    It’s hard to make a good read on this fight because both of their UFC careers have essentially been extended beatings. Neither is good enough to be in the Octagon. Coulter’s got more experience and looked like the more durable of the two, though, so I say he wins a slugfest partway through the first.
    Prediction: Coulter via first-round technical knockout
    Regardless of your thoughts on C.M. Punk, you don’t want to miss the rematch between Whittaker and Romero, as well as the interim Welterweight title scrap between dos Anjos and Covington. See you Saturday, Maniacs!
    Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave JIBBBY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by JC2008 View Post
    Hugo -- What convinces you about Anderson over Holm?
    Holm is the most overrated fighter in MMA. She is MMA's Buster Douglas. One big win and people still haven't jumped off the wagon after a dismal run of form. I like Anderson's power and I think Holm will oblige her in a kickboxing match where Anderson lands most of the hard shots.

kobejoshy
    kobejoshy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

I live in Kansas City and follow a lot of the Glory MMA fighters. Megan is huge and I think she trains mostly with guys like James Krause and Anthony Guiterrez (idk of any girls in that gym near her size). Megan is 8 years younger than Holly. Megan could just out-power Holly but Cyborg is 10x more powerful/bigger than Megan and Holly survived that. Megan probably is not as technical as GDR in overall kickboxing. But gotta lean Megan at the plus money.

Hugo de Naranja

Hugo's 100 BetPoint Trivia Contest:

1. When was the last time that Megan Anderson went to a Decision?

2. Before the Joe Lauzon fight, when was Clay Guida's most recent finish? When was his most recent KO/TKO win?

3. Rafael Dos Anjos is a Southpaw. Including this week's fight, how many Southpaws has Colby Covington faced since October 2016.

4. How many former UFC Champions has Yoel Romero beaten? Who were they?

First correct response takes home some BPs courtesy of your boy Hugo.

turbozed

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Holm is the most overrated fighter in MMA. She is MMA's Buster Douglas. One big win and people still haven't jumped off the wagon after a dismal run of form. I like Anderson's power and I think Holm will oblige her in a kickboxing match where Anderson lands most of the hard shots.
    I took a stab with Anderson Decision at around +500. Anderson is a powerful girl, but Holly hasn't even been close to being finished yet.

Hugo de Naranja

I took a stab with Anderson Decision at around +500. Anderson is a powerful girl, but Holly hasn't even been close to being finished yet.
    Fair enough. I like Anderson ML the best here but was considering some kind of prop booster as well.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Is this a possibility in the second go around?

1037 Romero wins by TKO/KO +320

turbozed

Fair enough. I like Anderson ML the best here but was considering some kind of prop booster as well.
    I guess the reason why I went for the bigger odds is that IMO for Anderson to win, she would need to at least continue on the same improvement trajectory (or hopefully even accelerate). If it's slowed down or stalled, then I think she probably loses and the smaller bet limits exposure. If she has gotten more skilled, sometimes a result of better technique is a decrease in aggressiveness like what we saw slowly happen with Cyborg. I also think that Holly has a pretty strong clinch that she can at least use to survive any hairy moments.

Hugo de Naranja

Is this a possibility in the second go around?

1037 Romero wins by TKO/KO +320
    Absolutely. Romero is super dangerous.

Hugo de Naranja

Hugo's 100 BetPoint Trivia Contest:

1. When was the last time that Megan Anderson went to a Decision?

2. Before the Joe Lauzon fight, when was Clay Guida's most recent finish? When was his most recent KO/TKO win?

3. Rafael Dos Anjos is a Southpaw. Including this week's fight, how many Southpaws has Colby Covington faced since October 2016.

4. How many former UFC Champions has Yoel Romero beaten? Who were they?

First correct response takes home some BPs courtesy of your boy Hugo.
    Bump

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

First 12345 ... Last