• Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
    • Ownership: WME-IMG
    • Venue: Echo Arena
    • Enclosure: Octagon
    • Number of MMA Bouts: 12

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

A couple of initial thoughts on Till / Thompson just to start the discussion. Hoping this starts conversation on the below points since I'd really like to hear your guys' input.

Southpaw vs southpaw:

WB is a switch stance fighter. He can fight on either side but 90% of his fights are in southpaw stance. This might be because most of the guys he's fought are orthodox and he prefers to fight closed guard. When WB switches to orthodox, he's a bit more aggressive and throws more but also can get hit more. I'm not quite sure if this is a southpaw/orthodox preference or an open guard/closed guard preference. If it's both and he's best fighting closed guard and southpaw, then it won't be quite comfortable fighting closed guard and orthodox. I'll be very intrigued to see what stance and guard matchup he chooses here.

Distance closing:

In the past couple of years, WB has been most tentative against Woodley. Obviously because Woodley has a lot of power, but I think the other aspect here is that Woodley has that explosive first step and closes the distance. WB's success in the UFC has been due to pinpoint striking and an advantage when it comes to footwork. Not only has WB had the lateral movement advantage (see the first knockdown against Masvidal for a beautiful example of this), but also very clearly in the distance closing. WB can jump in and out so quickly that he can get his stirkes in and not be there for a return counter. Rory and Masvidal were able to tag him a few times but they weren't fast enough to really make him pay.

Though Till doesn't have as quick of a first step as Tyron, Till also is very good at managing distance and moving in and out similar to WB albiet with a less bladed karate style stance. Similar to how Conor pressures to draw out a counter, Till can get in your face, draw out a strike and then take a quick step back before jumping back in to land something. Till's timing has also been good enough to time simultaenous counters, stepping in with an elbow when his opponents come in. Now we're dealing with WB here who is multiple levels better of a striker than Tills previous opponents, but I think Till's distance game will be a bit more difficult to figure out than more stationary targets like Rory and Masvidal. WB will have to be much more careful exploding into the pocket with strikes because the possibilty of it amplifying the power of a Till counter.

Other factors:

Till is 25, Wonderboy is 35. With WB's explosive style, you'd expect him to slow down more with age than say a more grinding style fighter. This doesn't appear to be the case yet since he looked great against Masvidal. But there will be a time when age will be the limiting factor with that style. Maybe Wonderboy is a freak like Romero and can keep the ball rolling until 40, but I think it's more likely WB only has a couple of years left at the highest level. Fight with minimum 10 years age difference favor the younger fighter around 65/35.

Finally, Till will obviously have the hometown advantage whereas WB will be fighting for the first time outside of North America.

strictlypaypal
    strictlypaypal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4351

So excited for this fight. Always tail hugo’s opinion but im going with Till. I think he clips him. The crowd will be on par with the dublin card that mcgregor headlined.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by strictlypaypal View Post
    So excited for this fight. Always tail hugo’s opinion but im going with Till. I think he clips him. The crowd will be on par with the dublin card that mcgregor headlined.
    Except that Thompson ain’t Diego Brandao

strictlypaypal

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Except that Thompson ain’t Diego Brandao
    I totally agree. Till hasnt seen anyone like WB, and i think the line is right. I just think it’s Till time. In no way im attempting to cap this im just hyped on Till. I know the crowd is going to be rabid and i hope it will be a changing of the guard. $500 on Till at +140. Im amped

Teem
    Teem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3534

Did great last card. 11/13 picks correct with 6 perfect. Hoping to keep it alive. You guys had some great analysis last event that helped me make picks I wasn't sure about and would have screwed up. : )

SmellMyFinger
    SmellMyFinger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3316

guys i know this is not the bellator thread but would like to know if anyone thinks there might be some value on the David rickles line +225 vs mvp, by far the best opponent page has faced and one that can definetly grind him out if page dose not ko him, rikles straight with a mvp round 1 ko hedge (when the line is out)

also regarding wonderboy and till, i think as long as xfactors like (when wonderbow will start to decline) don't come into play, wonderboy should be able to win a range kickboxing fight vs till, maybe even catch him coming in, the hometown crowd might sway some scorecards in tills favor if the rounds are close, but it might also make till try to pressure more than he should vs arguably one of the most dangerous counterstrikers in the division, just my 2 cents, not sure if i'm going to bet thompson but if late action comes on till i might drop some coin

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by SmellMyFinger View Post
    guys i know this is not the bellator thread but would like to know if anyone thinks there might be some value on the David rickles line +225 vs mvp, by far the best opponent page has faced and one that can definetly grind him out if page dose not ko him, rikles straight with a mvp round 1 ko hedge (when the line is out)

also regarding wonderboy and till, i think as long as xfactors like (when wonderbow will start to decline) don't come into play, wonderboy should be able to win a range kickboxing fight vs till, maybe even catch him coming in, the hometown crowd might sway some scorecards in tills favor if the rounds are close, but it might also make till try to pressure more than he should vs arguably one of the most dangerous counterstrikers in the division, just my 2 cents, not sure if i'm going to bet thompson but if late action comes on till i might drop some coin
    Seems like a sensible way to play that Page fight.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

would like to know if anyone thinks there might be some value on the David rickles line +225 vs mvp, by far the best opponent page has faced
    I think MVP's last two opponents could beat Rickels.

Check some of the names they beat.

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Isn't this Fight Night 130?

Also... what's up with Amirkhani's tapology photo? LOL.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5318

Jason knight <3
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave Demonata 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post

It is. And he has the best Tapology photo I've seen yet.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

No commentary UFC fight:

SmellMyFinger
    SmellMyFinger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3316

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    I think MVP's last two opponents could beat Rickels.

Check some of the names they beat.
    i know who page fought, i just don't think a 38 year old cyborg (ko'ed in 12 out of his 18 losses) prezents the same dangers to page as rickles, fernando gonzales is the best he faces and took him to a split, not trying to glorify rickles too much, just trying to justify an avenue for him winning more often than the current odds imply he would, i like page a lot and hope he makes huge leaps in his career, but this smells like a prospect loss is coming if he has not improved his tdd or if the layoff made him miss a step or two

anyway i won't flood the tread with bellator stuffthanks for the imput as always

turbozed

Crap!

Teem

Yeah haha. When i first saw it I just stared at it in confusion

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47428

It is. And he has the best Tapology photo I've seen yet.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

wonderboy -160 is a steal
    people really overrating Till and underrating Wonderboy right now
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave firekillex 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja gave firekillex 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Thompsons style is the most difficult for any fighter. Tills hungry and up and coming but Thompson could be in charge for a reality check.

I like the over 3.5 and fight goes to decision.

Sanity Check

i like page a lot and hope he makes huge leaps in his career, but this smells like a prospect loss is coming if he has not improved his tdd or if the layoff made him miss a step or two
    Rickels could train for MVP as if it were a title fight. He probably wants it more than MVP does.

The only thing I remember about Rickels is him being TKO'ed by a natural 155 lb Melvin Guillard way past his prime. Melvin only had to land 1 decent punch to get Dave out of there. Dave's chin could be no more and so now he's evolved into a "panic wrestler".

I think bellator gives Rickels easy fights due to his "fan friendly" brawler style of fighting and marketability. Every single person MVP fought tried to take him down. Is his next opponent substantially bigger or stronger than MVP's other opponents? Or is he just a blown up 155'er who doesn't belong @ 170?

I think MVP will wreck Dave Rickel's !@#%. Paul Daley didn't want to fight MVP. No one wants to fight him.

The great thing about this is how dumb I'll feel if I was wrong about everything. The best part of betting by far.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    wonderboy -160 is a steal
    people really overrating Till and underrating Wonderboy right now
    huge step up for Till..really love Till and want him to win but Thompson likely too technical and probably wins by decision.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave JAKEPEAVY21 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    No commentary UFC fight:
    After watching that fight and im Wonderboy im countering all night and chopping his legs down. The kid is very dangerous tho but so was Masvidal and Whitaker with their hands. I would have to go Wonderboy here also. He just seems to be able to neutralize guys with good hands.
    Last edited by Thor4140; 05-22-18 at 02:21 PM.

turbozed

Huge action on Till.

WB down to -115 now.

Hugo de Naranja

Rickels could train for MVP as if it were a title fight. He probably wants it more than MVP does.

The only thing I remember about Rickels is him being TKO'ed by a natural 155 lb Melvin Guillard way past his prime. Melvin only had to land 1 decent punch to get Dave out of there. Dave's chin could be no more and so now he's evolved into a "panic wrestler".

I think bellator gives Rickels easy fights due to his "fan friendly" brawler style of fighting and marketability. Every single person MVP fought tried to take him down. Is his next opponent substantially bigger or stronger than MVP's other opponents? Or is he just a blown up 155'er who doesn't belong @ 170?

I think MVP will wreck Dave Rickel's !@#%. Paul Daley didn't want to fight MVP. No one wants to fight him.

The great thing about this is how dumb I'll feel if I was wrong about everything. The best part of betting by far.
    Daley would wreck Page smh

Sanity Check

Daley would wreck Page smh
    If that were true, one might think Paul Daley would fight MVP instead of the wrestlers who are always taking him down.

Hugo de Naranja

If that were true, one might think Paul Daley would fight MVP instead of the wrestlers who are always taking him down.
    Bellator is protecting MVP from Daley for now. I think they'll have to fight eventually.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Cant listen to Rogan anymore. Used to listen to his podcast...cant even do that anymore. Too dumb.

Teem

Quote Originally Posted by Sato View Post
    Cant listen to Rogan anymore. Used to listen to his podcast...cant even do that anymore. Too dumb.
    Why you say that?

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Turbo! What does the resident WMMA expert say about Mazany/Länsberg?

Not a super high intrigue fight but Mazany at even odds seems like a steal. I see her with better TDs, better motor, busy gnp.

strictlypaypal

Something happened with Thompson i think. Idk if you guys follow gabe killian on twitter he tweeted he has an inside scoop on why heavy action came in on Till. He was +140 yesterday now hes -105

strictlypaypal

Called multiple bookies they all have till -130 and up. Wtf. Locked him in at -105

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by strictlypaypal View Post
    Something happened with Thompson i think. Idk if you guys follow gabe killian on twitter he tweeted he has an inside scoop on why heavy action came in on Till. He was +140 yesterday now hes -105

strictlypaypal

He was hanging with rogan and schaub last night. Its till time.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5318

Is this going to be live on fox sports?

1234 ... Last