thedenthead
    thedenthead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1843

Holloway might not survive this one.

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thedenthead View Post
    Holloway might not survive this one.
    The only way he can win this is a freak punch on Round 1 cause I assure you once Khabib starts mauling him and grinding him down against the cage is over... people not only get gassed trying to find a way up in vain... their ego and confidence shatters once they realized just how outclassed they are grappling wise... and I tell you what, Khabib's standing game aint as bad either, he just prefers the ground game but watching the blow he took from Johnson a while ago... he has a solid chin... guy has a neanderthal shaped jaw LOOK!

I am more thrilled about thug Rose vs Joanna cause frankly she is my favorite fighter as far as personality goes... and she is a beast and seems like a great person that has fought hard for what she has. I love her zen like approach to the game.
    Last edited by HurryUpAndDrink; 04-05-18 at 08:57 AM.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6489

At the end of the day

thedenthead

Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post
    The only way he can win this is a freak punch on Round 1 cause I assure you once Khabib starts mauling him and grinding him down against the cage is over... people not only get gassed trying to find a way up in vain... their ego and confidence shatters once they realized just how outclassed they are grappling wise... and I tell you what, Khabib's standing game aint as bad either, he just prefers the ground game but watching the blow he took from Anderson a while ago... he has a solid chin... guy has a neanderthal shaped jaw LOOK!

I am more thrilled about thug Rose vs Joanna cause frankly she is my favorite fighter as far as personality goes... and she is a beast and seems like a great person that has fought hard for what she has. I love her zen like approach to the game.
    If you havent, go listen to the JRE episode with Rose and Pat Berry. Good stuff.

HurryUpAndDrink

If you havent, go listen to the JRE episode with Rose and Pat Berry. Good stuff.
    I did one of my favorite's of all time!!!

Did you see her training with the tennis balls? I found that amusing and should be super good to better accuracy and timing

thedenthead

I did one of my favorite's of all time!!!

Did you see her training with the tennis balls? I found that amusing and should be super good to better accuracy and timing
    Haven't seen it. Shes really impressive and I'll be laying my money her though.

HurryUpAndDrink

Haven't seen it. Shes really impressive and I'll be laying my money her though.
    +1, max unit play in my case

Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Massive props to Max for taking this one on a short notice. He just became one of my favorite fighters by doing so. Even though I love Khabib, I think he had no right to say that Max is fighting for money and not legacy. In my opinion, to be a baddest man on a planet does not require a perfect score. It'sa about a mentality. Being prepared to fight anyone, anywhere, anytime. Exactly what Holloway has been doing.

Talking about Rose's zen approach. She's overplaying it a little bit. You can't give same type of answer on a pre-fight press conference. Being yourself, trees, roots, nature, bla bla bla... Not a place to talk about it in that type of extent, because it starts to seem fake.
    Think Joana wins this one. But Schaub had a good point when talking to Rogan about this one. She did very little to own her mistakes after the previous loss and was putting most of the blame on her team. That's a red flag.

Chiesa vs Pettis is getting overlooked on this card. Pettis a former champion just cannot afford to lose this one, because he will become completely irrelevant in this division.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5

Richard Clock
    Richard Clock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

The only way he can win this is a freak punch on Round 1 cause I assure you once Khabib starts mauling him and grinding him down against the cage is over... people not only get gassed trying to find a way up in vain... their ego and confidence shatters once they realized just how outclassed they are grappling wise... and I tell you what, Khabib's standing game aint as bad either, he just prefers the ground game but watching the blow he took from Anderson a while ago... he has a solid chin... guy has a neanderthal shaped jaw LOOK!

I think you'll be surprised by how competitive Holloway makes this, assuming his ankle has reasonably recovered. Barboza and Johnson are tough and talented but at least one tier below Holloway in terms of overall technique and versatility. I think Khabib will have a harder time taking down Holloway and then keeping him down than previous opponents. Assuming it goes to later rounds, I think Holloway's versatility in striking (strikes to the body!) and management of distance should frustrate Khabib and shift the momentum of this fight. Whether that is enough for a finish or close decision win is unknown, but I am willing to gamble on Blessed at the current odds.

Khabib is no doubt phenomenal, but he has generally smashed lower level guys. This is his first test against a truly elite technician.

MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Clock View Post
    I think you'll be surprised by how competitive Holloway makes this, assuming his ankle has reasonably recovered. Barboza and Johnson are tough and talented but at least one tier below Holloway in terms of overall technique and versatility. I think Khabib will have a harder time taking down Holloway and then keeping him down than previous opponents. Assuming it goes to later rounds, I think Holloway's versatility in striking (strikes to the body!) and management of distance should frustrate Khabib and shift the momentum of this fight. Whether that is enough for a finish or close decision win is unknown, but I am willing to gamble on Blessed at the current odds.

Khabib is no doubt phenomenal, but he has generally smashed lower level guys. This is his first test against a truly elite technician.
    So, RDA, Barboza, and Michael Johnson don't fit the Bill? Khabib is going to take Max down and beat the living hell out of him...

thedenthead

Only way Max has a chance is moving backwards and connecting with a good shot. Khabib has a chin, micheal Johnson Stunned him and he kept moving forward and dominated.

‘Max is a stud, no doubt. But 6 days notice, and khabib being arguably one of the best P4P fighters ever. It’s not gonnna end well for max. If he had a complete camp I’d give him a slightly better chance.

Richard Clock

Not nearly enough respect being given to the top P4P and winner of 12 straight fights in Blessed. Khabib is undoubtedly excellent but the hype train is really in full effect if people think that Max's only chance of winning is a lucky punch as he moves back.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

does anyone even watch this sport any more?

I never heard of most of these juicers

thedenthead

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Clock View Post
    Not nearly enough respect being given to the top P4P and winner of 12 straight fights in Blessed. Khabib is undoubtedly excellent but the hype train is really in full effect if people think that Max's only chance of winning is a lucky punch as he moves back.
    I think the hypea justified when legends in the sport all claim khabib is one the best in the world.

DC has said he goes round for round wrestling with khabib, arguable the best LHW of all time saying this. Jon Fitch came out and said that khabib would work GSP. These guys are in the gym with him and know a lot more than any of us. Like I said before Max with a camp would be a decent fight, not after just gettin cleared to start sparring a few weeks ago.

i reallt wish wish they would have made this matchup khabib v. Ortega. That’s more intriguing for me. Ortega is a big 155er and anything can happen when he puts the pythons on you.

Mackballs
    Mackballs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12393

I think the hypea justified when legends in the sport all claim khabib is one the best in the world.

DC has said he goes round for round wrestling with khabib, arguable the best LHW of all time saying this. Jon Fitch came out and said that khabib would work GSP. These guys are in the gym with him and know a lot more than any of us. Like I said before Max with a camp would be a decent fight, not after just gettin cleared to start sparring a few weeks ago.

i reallt wish wish they would have made this matchup khabib v. Ortega. That’s more intriguing for me. Ortega is a big 155er and anything can happen when he puts the pythons on you.
    Agree with most.

Don't think Ortega really a big 155er though, pretty good size 145er and moreso average size 155er when looking at a lot of the other guys in that division

Richard Clock

I'm not denying Khabib isn't fantastic, just that Holloway is as great and more accomplished. I'm sure you can find an equal amount of fighters lauding Max for his brilliance. He has won 12 straight and is one of our greatest champions for a reason, and he is a larger featherwight.

I'm worried less about Max fighting on short notice and more so of this tricky ankle injury. That is my only hesitation. Regardless, I think there is a lot of margin for error at the current line.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

The man grew up wrestling fuking bears! I like Holloway a lot but this is a fight he probably can’t win.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Holloway wins this one