Richard Clock
    Richard Clock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Another event with no real research other than recollection of these fighters' older fights. However, I looked through the card and came upon this line on 5Dimes - the best historical price since opening and best price currently available at any online book. Laprise is among the most consistent and underappreciated fighters in the division. Luque has a little bit of steam/recency bias coming off an impressive finish, but this should be a competitive scrap.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Clock View Post

Another event with no real research other than recollection of these fighters' older fights. However, I looked through the card and came upon this line on 5Dimes - the best historical price since opening and best price currently available at any online book. Laprise is among the most consistent and underappreciated fighters in the division. Luque has a little bit of steam/recency bias coming off an impressive finish, but this should be a competitive scrap.
    Regardless of result, research is key my friend! Gotta put in the hours if you want the results.

Richard Clock

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Regardless of result, research is key my friend! Gotta put in the hours if you want the results.
    I agree of course, but I have limited my volume and sizing of bets in the last few events where my research as been minimal. Still, I think I got a good price on my bet tonight and don't regret it all too much.

I added on a live bet of Macedo at +450, Risking 25. That puts me down $75 (1.5 units) for the night. If anything, I need to show more discretion with my live betting. It is fun to throw some smaller action while watching these fights, but it is slowly milking away my profits.

Richard Clock

Hey guys, haven't gotten a chance to post this, but for full disclosure, I made a live bet last week on Stephen Thompson after round 3 at +100: Risking 35. Still fine with the bet despite the outcome. My lean was Wonderboy coming into the fight, and didn't see enough in the first 3 rounds to be swayed otherwise.

As for this card, another card in which I haven't done much research, but I will adding this bet after reviewing the odds this afternoon:

I was very surprised to see how high these odds were for Tibau. I am getting the best price industry-wise currently and the best historical price on 5D. Both Green and Tibau have been solid, if not spectacular, in recent fights and I didn't see a large enough discrepancy in recent performance/"talent" to think this is anything but a coin flip.

Richard Clock

Adding on a live bet...Alvey -150 : Risking 60

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Clock View Post
    Adding on a live bet...Alvey -150 : Risking 60
    Nice win

Richard Clock

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Nice win
    Thanks. Have made a decent amount of change fading Villante. Hope your night is going well

Richard Clock

Adding on Spitz ITS +330: Risking 30...Walt Harris as a decent sized favorite versus anyone in the UFC is questionable to me.

First ... 2345