Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRogerMMA View Post
    NO I have already bet the Under 2 1/2 -105 rounds for 2 Units my go more ... Both have a skill gap in the others discipline.
    100%

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11839

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I'm always happy when we getting to the same conclusions independently. Let's get it!
    I still wouldn't rule out a Carlos Condit finish though on the flip.. Magny has been stopped several times in recent fights..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Neil-Magny-69166

We've seen Magny badly rocked with punches in fights and we've seen him sub'd out on the ground in several fights. Condit is capable of doing either or if he starts landing big shots or takes Magny's back.. Condit is pretty well rounded..

Just saying.. Maybe a hedge play is in order.. I'll have to ponder on this leading up... Don't want to over hedge with little value and lose out on profits either... The Magny dec hedged with the Condit ITD is cutting it close..

1409 Condit wins inside distance +160

Last edited by JIBBBY; 12-20-17 at 04:12 PM.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5409

I just hope condit wins. I've never liked magny. I respect condit a lot.

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Anyone else feel like Smolka is severely lacking in physicality? No explosiveness or power.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Anyone else feel like Smolka is severely lacking in physicality? No explosiveness or power.
    Yeah he has the body shape of a string cheese mascot.

Shagdogy

Yeah he has the body shape of a string cheese mascot.
    He has some good skills but anyone with decent skills and good to great strength/athleticism has a large edge over him.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Very weak physically... Has heart though..

Shagdogy

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Very weak physically... Has heart though..
    I don't think there's a larger gap between skill and physicality, especially at the lower weight classes, than Smolka. High skill, very low physical tools. It's a big big problem for him and I'm not sure that he can do much to reverse it.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think there's a larger gap between skill and physicality, especially at the lower weight classes, than Smolka. High skill, very low physical tools. It's a big big problem for him and I'm not sure that he can do much to reverse it.
    hed need to move up a weight class and fill his body out more imo.... he is literally a dying corpse when he hits the scale on weigh ins day

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

I'm watching film on this Rivera/Lineker fight now. Rivera got into the firefight a little much against Almeida but the guy is SO good as a counter striker and he has solid footwork/speed. I'm not going to compare him to TJ (who destroyed Lineker) but they have some similiarities for sure as shorter wrestlers who also excel on the feet picking shots and landing with power (more so with Rivera). The other part of this (1st round of Vera/Lineker fight now), is that I remember TJ breaking his jaw and Lineker coming back way more timid that usual against Marlon Vera, who has no shot of EVER finishing him. Given all of this, I'm starting to think Rivera by decision is far and away the play and the line is creeping up close to +150 now.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave TPowell 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    I'm watching film on this Rivera/Lineker fight now. Rivera got into the firefight a little much against Almeida but the guy is SO good as a counter striker and he has solid footwork/speed. I'm not going to compare him to TJ (who destroyed Lineker) but they have some similiarities for sure as shorter wrestlers who also excel on the feet picking shots and landing with power (more so with Rivera). The other part of this (1st round of Vera/Lineker fight now), is that I remember TJ breaking his jaw and Lineker coming back way more timid that usual against Marlon Vera, who has no shot of EVER finishing him. Given all of this, I'm starting to think Rivera by decision is far and away the play and the line is creeping up close to +150 now.
    Seems like a pretty likely outcome. Doubt Rivera can finish my boy Lineker but he is very solid and could take advantage of the timidity that Lineker showed in the Vera fight. Good observations T!

Hugo de Naranja

Lineker SNA at +money could be in play as well since I think he is the more likely finisher.

TPowell

Lineker gassed in that 3rd against Vera as well. I thought he was just playing it safe but his punches were definitely labored as well. I'm starting to believe that all of these crazy firefights are catching up with him. He's 27 years old and has fought nearly 40 times as a pro with that Tasmanian devil style. My only worry is that Lineker has never lost a fight on the feet really and I don't think Rivera can win 2/3 rounds with his wrestling but my premise here is that Lineker may be a little shop worn now after that TJ beating and broken jaw.

TPowell

Seems like a pretty likely outcome. Doubt Rivera can finish my boy Lineker but he is very solid and could take advantage of the timidity that Lineker showed in the Vera fight. Good observations T!
    Even if Lineker comes forward, Rivera's counter striking is so good that he could have some success there as well. I don't really see an area outside of chins where Lineker is the better fighter. I know people are wanting to take those shots on Lineker at + money but keep in mind this guy was a pickem against Dodson, McDonald, and Font essentially. He won all of those fights but the Dodson fight was razor thin and Rivera has that same style footwork but with MUCH more power and better wrestling.

Hugo de Naranja

Lineker gassed in that 3rd against Vera as well. I thought he was just playing it safe but his punches were definitely labored as well. I'm starting to believe that all of these crazy firefights are catching up with him. He's 27 years old and has fought nearly 40 times as a pro with that Tasmanian devil style. My only worry is that Lineker has never lost a fight on the feet really and I don't think Rivera can win 2/3 rounds with his wrestling but my premise here is that Lineker may be a little shop worn now after that TJ beating and broken jaw.
    Yeah Lineker is definitely very live on the feet. I'm thinking Rivera Decision hedged by Lineker SNA or KO depending on odds.

Hugo de Naranja

Even if Lineker comes forward, Rivera's counter striking is so good that he could have some success there as well. I don't really see an area outside of chins where Lineker is the better fighter. I know people are wanting to take those shots on Lineker at + money but keep in mind this guy was a pickem against Dodson, McDonald, and Font essentially. He won all of those fights but the Dodson fight was razor thin and Rivera has that same style footwork but with MUCH more power and better wrestling.
    I disagree that Rivera has "MUCH more power" than Dodson. Dodson is a huge puncher and Rivera has no finishes in the UFC other than Marcus Brimage.

TPowell

I disagree that Rivera has "MUCH more power" than Dodson. Dodson is a huge puncher and Rivera has no finishes in the UFC other than Marcus Brimage.
    Is he really a huge puncher at 135 though? Rivera's power is underrated IMO. You can look at him and see how short and thick he is (similar build to Lineker). When he sits down on his shots like he did against Almeida, he packs some solid power.

TPowell

Another thing to think about is Lineker has 10 KD's in 14 UFC fights (only 2 TKO's in last 9 fights) while Rivera has 3 KD's in 5 fights with only 1 TKO. Lineker is a seriously tough guy and even after that beating, I'm not sure his actual chin has been diminished a ton from being absolute granite. Rivera was knocked down by Almeida in that last fight but Almeida seems to knock down anyone that he goes multiple rounds with. The guy has great striking but does so at the behest of getting clipped himself a lot. At -160, I'll probably see where the line goes but the FGTD line is very low for a BW fight with guys that haven't been finishing guys at crazy high rates lately.

Hugo de Naranja

Is he really a huge puncher at 135 though? Rivera's power is underrated IMO. You can look at him and see how short and thick he is (similar build to Lineker). When he sits down on his shots like he did against Almeida, he packs some solid power.
    Yes! He Knocked Out Gamburyan and Knocked Down Moraes. At Flyweight, he had 5 KO/TKO wins including guys like Dillashaw (only time he has ever been stopped by strikes), Moraga (only time he has ever been stopped by strikes too), and Formiga. He also Knocked Down Mighty Mouse multiple times in their first fight.

TPowell

If I had ANY confidence in Condit coming into this fight locked in and with a clear head, I'd pound the hell out of anything less than -250. You don't beat Carlos Condit on the feet (Ignoring you if you think Lawler won that fight) and Magny's wrestling/grappling isn't sharp enough to win this one for him. He may land a TD or two but I doubt he does anything with them and when they get to the feet, Carlos will use that volume and diverse striking to overwhelm Magny, maybe a finish even. I don't want to do much tape study for this though because it doesn't matter as much as if Condit has 1 foot out the door already.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

If they just stand and trade in the pocket I give the advantage to your boy Lineker.. Rivera is as tough as they come with a good chin himself but JL is even more solid when trading.. Talk about a granite chin JL is just that....

TPowell

If they just stand and trade in the pocket I give the advantage to your boy Lineker.. Rivera is as tough as they come with a good chin himself but JL is even more solid when trading.. Talk about a granite chin..
    More like titanium after that TJ fight. I'm telling you guys, something happened after that TJ fight with him. He comes back against Vera throwing spinning kicks and just staring at a guy who can't throw a punch if his life depended on it.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

More like titanium after that TJ fight. I'm telling you guys, something happened after that TJ fight with him. He comes back against Vera throwing spinning kicks and just staring at a guy who can't throw a punch if his life depended on it.
    So what is your final play and call on that fight Tpow?

UFC 219 - Bantamweight 3 rounds - T-Mobile Arena - Las Vegas, Nevada - PPV
    Sat 12/30 1201 John Lineker +165 o2½ -185
    11:00PM 1202 Jimmie Rivera -190 u2½ +160

John Lineker vs Jimmie Rivera - Bantamweight 3 rounds - UFC 219
    Sat 12/30 1203 Lineker / Rivera goes 3 round distance -160
    11:00PM 1204 Fight won’t go 3 round distance +120
    Sat 12/30 1205 Lineker wins inside distance +400
    11:00PM 1206 Not Lineker inside distance -600
    Sat 12/30 1207 Lineker wins by 3 round decision +328
    11:00PM 1208 Not Lineker by 3 round decision -482
    Sat 12/30 1209 Rivera wins inside distance +250
    11:00PM 1210 Not Rivera inside distance -350
    Sat 12/30 1211 Rivera wins by 3 round decision +144
    11:00PM 1212 Not Rivera by 3 round decision -184
    Sat 12/30 1213 Lineker / Rivera draw +7500
    11:00PM 1214 Fight not a draw -20000

TPowell

I like Rivera by DEC at +144 as my standard play

I'll definitely have the OVER 2.5 (-185) in a parlay somewhere though. Have to go over the rest of the card. Maybe even toss in that -350 on Rivera NOT ITD as well on a parlay. Lineker can be a hard guy to beat on the scorecards with his exciting style so the OVER covers a tight decision as well

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I like Rivera by DEC at +144 as my standard play

I'll definitely have the OVER 2.5 (-185) in a parlay somewhere though. Have to go over the rest of the card. Maybe even toss in that -350 on Rivera NOT ITD as well on a parlay. Lineker can be a hard guy to beat on the scorecards with his exciting style so the OVER covers a tight decision as well
    The over and or distance prop are probably a lock that's for sure.. Both these dudes are extremely hard to finish.. I see it going the distance.. I'd have to say I also think Rivera out points JL as well...

There is a slight chance JL can get the KO if they just stand and start trading round after round though.. I think Rivers's chin will give out first..

1203 Lineker / Rivera goes 3 round distance -160

TPowell

The over and or distance prop are probably a lock that's for sure.. Both these dudes are extremely hard to finish.. I see it going the distance.. I'd have to say I also think Rivera out points JL as well...

There is a slight chance JL can get the KO if they just stand and start trading round after round though.. I think Rivers's chin will give out first..

1203 Lineker / Rivera goes 3 round distance -160

I'm more worried about a flush body shot than a head shot honestly from Lineker. If Lineker tries to bully his way into the pocket, Rivera should be able to change levels and take him down. Before I get too big on this total, I'll need to check out some ground footage from both guys to make sure a SUB isn't a realistic thing in this fight if Rivera gets him down.

JollyRogerMMA
    JollyRogerMMA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Rivera -190 2 Units I think Lineker has a punchers chance and Rivera does get dropped but I believe Rivera wins a DEC 7 of 10.

Hugo de Naranja

I'm more worried about a flush body shot than a head shot honestly from Lineker. If Lineker tries to bully his way into the pocket, Rivera should be able to change levels and take him down. Before I get too big on this total, I'll need to check out some ground footage from both guys to make sure a SUB isn't a realistic thing in this fight if Rivera gets him down.
    Rivera did lose a TUF fight to Dennis Bermudez, I think by GnP TKO.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRogerMMA View Post
    Rivera -190 2 Units I think Lineker has a punchers chance and Rivera does get dropped but I believe Rivera wins a DEC 7 of 10.
    Why not just bet Rivera Decision if you think he wins a Decision 7/10, implied probability of (-233)?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Good point Tpow.. JL does like to work the body.. I forgot about that..

TPowell

Rivera did lose a TUF fight to Dennis Bermudez, I think by GnP TKO.
    Didn't know that but I see that was in 2011 at FW. I'll do some digging on the UFC page to see ground activity and then check it out on Fight pass

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bermudez is one of the best 45ers imo his chin / defense is just lacking a bit
    im pretty sure Bermudez beat max holloway to hasnt he??

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    Bermudez is one of the best 45ers imo his chin / defense is just lacking a bit
    im pretty sure Bermudez beat max holloway to hasnt he??
    Yeah but it was a straight robbery.

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/424...C28EC38058F174

TPowell

Rewatched the Iuri fight. Rivera was coming forward Lineker style in this fight and causing issues for Iuri. He ended the first 2 rounds with TD's in the final minute to seal them which is nice to see. I think fight IQ and willingness to win is the big difference in this fight. Rivera seems to have a good idea of where he stands in rounds at all times. Not worried about any SUB in this fight though. Rivera will use his reactive wrestling when Lineker tries to pressure just to give himself the edge on the feet.

TPowell

1 fight down. On to Cyborg/Holm tomorrow. I've heard a VERY interesting angle that makes me lean towards Cyborg ITD. When Holm is retreating and using her boxing defensively, she HAS to plant her feet to throw a punch (even defensively). Obviously this will NOT work against someone with the power and technique of Cyborg.

First 123456 ... Last