firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    aren't those that miss weight not eligible?

seems fair to me
    i agree with that rule imo
    gotta be punished for being unprofessional
    lost 30% of his purse plus lost another 50k huge hit

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    i agree with that rule imo
    gotta be punished for being unprofessional
    lost 30% of his purse plus lost another 50k huge hit
    I just think the fight should then become a no contest. I don't think the fighter that made weight should be penalized if he loses the fight.. That should be a no contest on his record even if he loses.. It's not fair as he made weight and now he has to fight a heavier fighter that didn't make weight..

If the fighter that missed weight wins he shouldn't be rewarded with the win either.. No contest..

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I just think the fight should then become a no contest. I don't think the fighter that made weight should be penalized if he loses the fight.. That should be a no contest on his record even if he loses.. It's not fair as he made weight and now he has to fight a heavier fighter that didn't make weight..

If the fighter that missed weight wins he shouldn't be rewarded with the win either.. No contest..
    I think that's too harsh

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I think that's too harsh
    I think it's harsh when a fighter doesn't make weight.. He can be 10 pounds over quit trying to cut and then come fight time look like he is in a weight division higher just like in that Ricardo Lamas fight last night..

I just think that was so unfair.. Lamas looked like a little man in that fight and got dropped like one.. Ricardo Lamas made the weight his opponent did not... Yet Lamas really got bullied, walked down and knocked out cold. Not cool in my book...

Lamas should not take that loss on his record or move down in the rankings... I'd personally make that a rule in MMA...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 12-17-17 at 06:00 PM.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

But Jibby, he accepted the fight. He knew the risks going in because hes a pro. Like killex said 30% purse and 50k bonus is a monster hit for Emmett. Emmett offered him a rematch I think Lamas should take it and eventually make it a trilogy.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Sato View Post
    But Jibby, he accepted the fight. He knew the risks going in because hes a pro. Like killex said 30% purse and 50k bonus is a monster hit for Emmett. Emmett offered him a rematch I think Lamas should take it and eventually make it a trilogy.
    That's certainly another take on things.. He took the fight because it pleases the boss and he gets paid more and needs to pay the bills... Still doesn't change my opinions on this though.. If Lamas didn't accept the fight he wouldn't get paid and Dana White would be pissed off at him.. Catch 22..

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Emment fukked him up. The 2 pounds didn't affect Lamas not having his hands up and getting cracked with the Left. Emment tuned him on the feet. Lamas wanted to win, it didn't work out.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Figures I bet Cannonier bigger than the rest SMH....that penetrating piece of trash...
    Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Ok fellas....Broke down the winners here....

Juicy BUT A LOCK : MARQUEZ......the guy is simply an animal and will steamroll Stewart within 1 round....with ease....

UFC Fighting
    Selection : M. Perry/S. Ponzinibbio 12/16/2017 5:45PM - (PST) Total Points OVER 1½ +100 for Game

UFC Fighting
    Selection : G. Teixeira 12/16/2017 5:15PM - (PST) Money Line +135 for Game

UFC Fighting
    Selection : J. Cannonier 12/16/2017 2:00PM - (PST) Money Line -170 for Game

UFC Fighting
    Selection : Ju. Marquez 12/16/2017 2:00PM - (PST) Money Line -345 for Game

UFC Fighting
    Selection : C. Laprise 12/16/2017 2:00PM - (PST) Money Line -155 for Game

UFC Fighting
    Selection : T. Elliot 12/16/2017 2:00PM - (PST) Money Line -260 for Game

UFC Fighting
    Selection : A. Di Chirico 12/16/2017 2:00PM - (PST) Money Line -130 for Game

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Figures I bet Cannonier bigger than the rest SMH....that penetrating piece of trash...
    Even still great job on your bets Papes!

PaperTrail07

Cant Complain Nice hit again on the Marq SUB....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Even still great job on your bets Papes!

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Paper! You got me on the Laprise/Bofando fight. Once again good back and forth convo prior. Appreciate the dialogue. That trip takedown was too easy for Laprise. I didn't expect much from Bofando on the mat (and got even less) but I thought maybe he'd make himself tougher to take down. I don't see much of a future for him at 35yo without average TDD.

PaperTrail07

Agree....he is a good talent but a tad old now...and agree...we broke it down prettywell --Good Chat.---Didn't expect much from Bofando on the mat like you said..but damn....he was a fish out of water .
    Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Paper! You got me on the Laprise/Bofando fight. Once again good back and forth convo prior. Appreciate the dialogue. That trip takedown was too easy for Laprise. I didn't expect much from Bofando on the mat (and got even less) but I thought maybe he'd make himself tougher to take down. I don't see much of a future for him at 35yo without average TDD.

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Silva +125, 1.5u
    Silva/Mein u1.5, +110, 1u (half assed hedge since I can't get Mein TKO/KO)
    Roberts +115, 1u
    Makdessi by dec +325, .33u
    Bofando +120, .83u

That's it for the first part of this card. Considering some of the later fights still: Perry, RDA maybe? Good luck everyone. Another card, nothing but small plays. Don't love much here.

Marquez sub for me is .33u at +900.

Also added Marquez/Cannonier +100, 1.46u.

Let's see what becomes of this night. Womp womp.

Added Perry +135 for 1.17u

Playing RDA -110, 2u. Not chasing the whole night but he's worth a play.
    Card Total: 3-6, -1.10u
    YTD: 125-115, +15.67u

First ... 11121314