PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

O'Mally Vs Ware

Is the +210 on the wrong side here or am I missing something ?

Ware's losses are to SOLID UFC fighters and I'm not sure anyone could lay the # on Omally...right?

Thoughts/Help?

PaperTrail07

TUF 26 - Bantamweight 3 rounds - Las Vegas, Nevada - FS1
    Fri 12/1 1301 Terrion Ware +210 o2½ -165
    10:30PM 1302 Sean O'Malley -250 u2½ +145

MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

I think O'Malley could be very good. He throws fire with every single strike.

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Is the +210 on the wrong side here or am I missing something ?

Ware's losses are to SOLID UFC fighters and I'm not sure anyone could lay the # on Omally...right?

Thoughts/Help?
    I've just spent a lot of time breaking this fight down and I think it's a pretty terrible matchup for Ware.

I'd be interested in hearing your breakdown because I have O'Malley as a serious "it factor" guy.

PaperTrail07

I don't disagree with you there...BUT most of his fights he is wreckless and wins in the 1st round.....I see him NOT getting the KO and getting tired ......I guess we will see.....He KO's ware- Ill be very impressed to say the least

PaperTrail07

The kid is young (23) and I don't disagree he has skills....but he can be taken down and does fight a tad wreckless....I don't know....maybe you guys are right and he will come in and get the 1st round KO.....well see....

PaperTrail07

If he went (3) with Stamman....(I think he is legit)...I think -250 is a lot on a guy who most likely wont finish the fight and could easily spend time on his back....and at 31 Ware could use a little man power for the TD...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    I've just spent a lot of time breaking this fight down and I think it's a pretty terrible matchup for Ware.

I'd be interested in hearing your breakdown because I have O'Malley as a serious "it factor" guy.

PaperTrail07

My Breakdown:
    Omalley Wins Round 1 with Strikes and Volume
    WARE Round 2 Omalley begins to fade and finds himself walking backwards and throwing shots that don't land/no power. Ware stays steady walking-lands late TD against fence...Omalley does not get up and pulls guard
    WARE Round 3 Ware lands nothing amazing but walks forward entire time...gets TD...ref stands it up....ends w ware walking at him and omalley throwing useless shots....

29-28 WARE

Literally how I see it going down LOL>>......got specific...
    Last edited by PaperTrail07; 11-27-17 at 01:47 PM.

Shagdogy

I'm surprised you see Ware taking O'Malley down. When is the last time you saw him take someone down? Against Papazian he got top position mostly because Papazian was gassed or beat up and pretty much fell over. I don't see takedowns and top control as a big part of Ware's game at all? So you're counting on him doing something he rarely/almost never does?

PaperTrail07

Everyone gameplans a tad....right? I think after he see's the holes in the game of O'Malley he will work it in.....he actually tried a few last fight but they didn't work....I only think he brings it to the table bc people adapt to whats there....my breakdown also did say stand up bc no actions LOL....don't think he has some amazing groundwork or anything...
    I'm surprised you see Ware taking O'Malley down. When is the last time you saw him take someone down? Against Papazian he got top position mostly because Papazian was gassed or beat up and pretty much fell over. I don't see takedowns and top control as a big part of Ware's game at all? So you're counting on him doing something he rarely/almost never does?

Shagdogy

Ware has a lot of fights without being KO'd which is impressive, but consider this - O'Malley has won his last 4 in a row by KO, all against fighters with winning records who had never been KO'd before. O'Malley has a length, speed, variety, and accuracy advantage. He keeps distance control very well, almost like Darren Till except with much more creative and erratic counter attacks. Those may cause him a few moments of vulnerability but more often than not he's dead on with his reads and his striking gets sharper with every minute that passes. That's gonna be tough for Ware to deal with since he probably can't hurt O'Malley and demand respect. Ware better bring an A+ chin.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave Shagdogy 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

anyone banking on Omalley is betting on a TKO against a fighter that's never been KO'd.....or you see this going to decision...?

PaperTrail07

To be fair...the level of competition faced by Ware is much much better....Omalley fought guys that were 5 fights into their pro career...

Shagdogy

To be fair...the level of competition faced by Ware is much much better....Omalley fought guys that were 5 fights into their pro career...
    But which UFC level fighter did Ware beat? He lost to Stamman, Sanders, and Soto. Maybe that's the cream rising to the top. Maybe Ware loses to UFC level guys because he's not quite UFC level?

Of the two, which fighter do you think is a potential contender in the UFC? There's only one answer to that question.

PaperTrail07

totally agree....but they are all wresting based fighters IMO....also think all three of those would beat omalley in a cruise....but he does have more potential obviously....ware does not excite or impress me..just thinking people might be a bit high early into a 23 year old kids career...
    But which UFC level fighter did Ware beat? He lost to Stamman, Sanders, and Soto. Maybe that's the cream rising to the top. Maybe Ware loses to UFC level guys because he's not quite UFC level?

Of the two, which fighter do you think is a potential contender in the UFC? There's only one answer to that question.

Shagdogy

I might be giving O'Malley too much credit in regards to his cardio. Even if he's training hard and is in shape, Ware's output and pace are very very solid. If he can't hurt Ware with his strikes then this fight gets very interesting. It's just hard to imagine going shot for shot with O'Malley and not getting hurt at some point.

My biggest problem here for Ware is that literally the only threat that he has for O'Malley is poking him to death a million times over 3 rounds, and he's going to have to do that without getting hurt himself.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Pressure might be too much for O'Malley right now. UFC debut plus all that praise might get to him. This fights a good test for him.

Shagdogy

Quote Originally Posted by Sato View Post
    Pressure might be too much for O'Malley right now. UFC debut plus all that praise might get to him. This fights a good test for him.
    Yeah. I wish I didn't see him out there getting cocky. Everyone loses in MMA. Ask Joanna J and Cody G how their arrogance worked out at 217.

PaperTrail07

Exactly...and your right....the big MYSTERY for me atleast is HOW HARD has Omalley trained....is his cardio 3X better ect....we will see....
    I might be giving O'Malley too much credit in regards to his cardio. Even if he's training hard and is in shape, Ware's output and pace are very very solid. If he can't hurt Ware with his strikes then this fight gets very interesting. It's just hard to imagine going shot for shot with O'Malley and not getting hurt at some point.

My biggest problem here for Ware is that literally the only threat that he has for O'Malley is poking him to death a million times over 3 rounds, and he's going to have to do that without getting hurt himself.

Shagdogy

Exactly...and your right....the big MYSTERY for me atleast is HOW HARD has Omalley trained....is his cardio 3X better ect....we will see....
    He has at least one teammate on this card, and Moraga fought just recently so he's had some good competition to train along side. He also has Kyler Phillips out there with him who I think is another young guy with serious potential.

Also, why do you assume his cardio is not good? Outside of one fight in 2014 you haven't seen him have to display it.

PaperTrail07

Well to start I don't think he has amazing power....and I feel he will punch himself out bc he's never ran into a guy like Ware....again I don't see this as Ware winning with ease.....but also don't see Omalley as a -255.....IMO even in this video from the DWTNF he faded way to quick and really didn't have the killer instinct......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psk4Q5rtuPQ
    He has at least one teammate on this card, and Moraga fought just recently so he's had some good competition to train along side. He also has Kyler Phillips out there with him who I think is another young guy with serious potential.

Also, why do you assume his cardio is not good? Outside of one fight in 2014 you haven't seen him have to display it.

PaperTrail07

and its obvious his ground game is worthless and CAN be taken down with ease....there are holes that can be exploited....that spinning shit wont do a thing vs ware also....IMO the guy he fought is a 5X weaker version of Ware....
    Well to start I don't think he has amazing power....and I feel he will punch himself out bc he's never ran into a guy like Ware....again I don't see this as Ware winning with ease.....but also don't see Omalley as a -255.....IMO even in this video from the DWTNF he faded way to quick and really didn't have the killer instinct......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psk4Q5rtuPQ

PaperTrail07

“It reassured me that I belonged. Styles make fights, and that was a tough fight for me on just eight days notice,” says Ware. “I feel like I would have bene a lot better (and maybe even won) if that bout hadn’t been on short notice. It was up a weight class at a weight class that he was more familiar with. I’m not too hard on myself about it.” VS Cody Stammen.....who I think is very skilled..... What he feels about Omalley:

"Every time I touch him he will rethink his life"

Ware has watched some tape on O’Malley and is quite complimentary of the 23-year-old. However for Ware, the compliments can only go so far at this point in O’Malley’s career. “He’s a good fighter and a highly touted prospect,” says Ware of O’Malley. “I think he has a bright future in this sport as he’s really tall for the weight class. He’s a good striker, but I don’t think his time is right now. I think he’s got some growing to do and he’s got some holes in his game that I’m going to expose.”

And Really I agree with Him

Shagdogy

Im not gonna say that you're wrong, but I think early in the fight, the skill advantage will be in O'Malley's favor. It's just a question of how long it will last. We'll see.

You looked at Soto/Johns at all? That's another real interesting one.

PaperTrail07

1307 Ware wins by 3 round decision +365

I have and I just cant guage the skills of Johns....is he that GOOD? Soto is GAME coming off a fight VS ranI and he is a sizeable dog? Someone must know something about this Johns kid....

PaperTrail07

He has faced weaker opponents but 30-27 or more on every card going to him....complete domination...

Shagdogy

He has faced weaker opponents but 30-27 or more on every card going to him....complete domination...
    You saying you see Johns taking the fight 30-27?

PaperTrail07

My Bad...no I'm saying in his last (2) ufc Fights he has not lost a round....including a few 10-8's.....I think Soto has skills.....Had to Guess I would say 29/28 Johns but Soto is tough so we will see...
    You saying you see Johns taking the fight 30-27?

MMANick

I think Johns wins this with top control. Plus, I'd give him the slight edge in the striking department. I just see him dictating where this fight takes place. But, a SUB by Soto is possible.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave MMANick 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja gave MMANick 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave Hugo de Naranja 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by MMANick View Post
    I think Johns wins this with top control. Plus, I'd give him the slight edge in the striking department. I just see him dictating where this fight takes place. But, a SUB by Soto is possible.
    Totally agree

Shagdogy

^ this is where I am at as well, but would need closer odds to bet him.

Shagdogy

Good discussion on that O'Malley/Ware fight Paper. After watching it, I honestly think we were both pretty much right about that fight. O'Malley was the sharper, more varied fighter for 1.5 rounds and then Ware's pace and pressure took over. The only thing we didn't really know was that Ware would slow down too, probably because even though he doesn't get KOd this was the most that he had been hit clean and hard.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave Shagdogy 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

Just saw this and Agree.....overall I thought O'Malley dug deeper.....Ware had good pressure but his punches just were not on point....he lands a few more things might have changed....O'Malley was def a tad shook after being hit.....he better be careful moving forward.... the chatter def helped here...
    Good discussion on that O'Malley/Ware fight Paper. After watching it, I honestly think we were both pretty much right about that fight. O'Malley was the sharper, more varied fighter for 1.5 rounds and then Ware's pace and pressure took over. The only thing we didn't really know was that Ware would slow down too, probably because even though he doesn't get KOd this was the most that he had been hit clean and hard.

MMANick

I thought about your analysis after the 2nd round, Paper. Right call, but the kid dug deep & most young fighters don't have that in them.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave MMANick 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.