firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

liking a ton of underdogs on this card tbh
    should be a solid card, then the big Bisping vs GSP next im pumped

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 804

I think all these fights are a Brazilian v guy from another country. From the little I can find Brazilians do very well at home, does anyone have better stats otherwise when I get time I might go through the last 5 years. Seems a solid angle, Brazilian crowds are pretty crazy.

*I thought there were more events there, it shouldn't take long when I get some time.
    Last edited by Mase of Base; 10-25-17 at 02:19 AM.

MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I'm digging the Gaethje avatar. Any guess on his odds vs Alvarez?
    Only thing that I know is I'll be there and I'm so pumped. Actually a really good card in Detroit!
    Last edited by MMANick; 10-25-17 at 08:26 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

I'm digging the Gaethje avatar. Any guess on his odds vs Alvarez?
    I'm sure ALvarez will be the favorite.. -145 maybe? Who knows? That will be a good fight...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    liking a ton of underdogs on this card tbh
    should be a solid card, then the big Bisping vs GSP next im pumped
    Agreed a bunch of dogs to be had...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

MMA MANIA write ups -

125 lbs.: Deiveson Figueiredo vs. Jarred Brooks
    Deiveson Figueiredo (12-0) went the distance in his fourth professional mixed martial arts (MMA) fight and immediately decided not to do that again, stopping all subsequent comers on his way to UFC. He maintained this habit in his June debut, stopping Marco Antonio Beltran with strikes at the end of the second round.
    He is two inches taller than Jarred Brooks (13-0) and will have a six-inch reach advantage.
    Brooks — who saw a planned UFC 208 debut go up in smoke at the last minute thanks to Ian McCall’s immune system dropping the ball — finally got his first crack in the Octagon in July. He took on The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 24 competitor Eric Shelton and went back-and-forth for 15 minutes before ultimately taking home the split decision win.
    Brooks went undefeated (13-0) as an amateur before debuting in late 2014.
    I, along with all but two members of the media according to MMAdecisions.com, believe that Brooks lost in his debut. That’s not a major knock against him, as Shelton is seriously underrated, but it’s worth keeping in mind. As strong as his wrestling pedigree is and as obvious his athleticism is, he’s still a raw talent, undersized for the division and reliant on gusto to compensate for technical shortcomings.
    If there’s one thing Figueiredo isn’t short of, it’s gusto. He’s so wildly aggressive that he’s prone to getting badly hurt on the feet and losing position on the mat. Without the ability to control position against a superior wrestler, he’s stuck with trying to catch Brooks coming in, which is certainly doable but not a strategy I’d expect to find consistent success. Brooks scrambles out of some bad spots and spends enough time on top to get the decision.
    Prediction: Brooks via unanimous decision

265 lbs.: Marcelo Golm vs.
    Christian Colombo
    Marcelo Golm (5-0) has been nothing if not efficient since making his professional debut two years ago, stopping his last three opponents in a combined 2:07. He answered the call when promotional newcomer Carlos Felipe ran afoul of USADA.
    He is 12 years younger than Christian Colombo (8-2-1).
    Poland’s “Godzilla” joined UFC on a six-fight, five-finish streak, but had to settle for a majority draw in his debut thanks to a point deduction for an illegal knee. He had even less success against Luis Henrique, who overpowered him on the mat en route to a third-round submission win.
    This will be his first fight in 11 months because of injury.
    This is another of those situations where there’s almost no footage of one guy and plenty of terrible footage of the other. Golm has yet to fight a warm body while Colombo is slow, lacks cagecraft, has no ground game to speak of, and is pushing forty.
    This is going to get ugly if it goes past the first round.
    Colombo has the more proven cardio, but his defense is so leaky that even Jarjis Danho managed to repeatedly tag him. Golm, who nearly matches Colombo in height and badly outclasses him in handspeed, ought to be able to do the same, punishing Colombo with heavy punches before his gas tank has a chance to empty.
    Prediction: Golm via first-round technical knockout

170 lbs.: Vicente Luque vs. Niko Price
    Vicente Luque (11-6-1) put a 1-1 run on The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 21 and subsequent loss to Miek Graves at the Finale behind him to score four consecutive stoppages and emerge as a top Welterweight contender. This set up a clash with Leon Edwards in hostile territory, wherein powerful body work carried Edwards to victory.
    “The Silent Assassin” steps in for the injured Luan Chagas on short notice.
    Niko Price (10-0) dominated Brandon Thatch in his Octagon debut before knocking Alex Morono cold little more than one month later. A failed drug test scrubbed the latter victory from his record, but he more than made up for it by flattening Alan Jouban in less than two minutes.
    He owns seven professional mixed martial arts (MMA) victories by knockout.
    Price is a physical specimen, constantly improving, and has had significantly more time to prepare for this fight. That said, I’ve got Luque. The Brazilian has the chin to stand up to Price’s power and both the striking and grappling acumen to punish his defensive lapses. Luque just seems the slightest bit sharper and is a greater finishing threat on the mat. He drops or takes Price down partway through the first and locks up one of his favored chokes in transition.
    Prediction: Luque via first-round submission

185 lbs.:
    Antonio Carlos Junior vs. Jack Marshman
    Antonio Carlos Junior (8-2) looked a world-beater in his dominant run on TUF: “Brazil” 3, only to start his UFC career 2-2 (1 NC) and suffer a stoppage loss to +400 underdog Daniel Kelly. He has since won three straight, including wins over fellow standout grapplers Marvin Vettori and Eric Spicely.
    He owns six professional submission wins and hit a flying triangle on Brazilian jiu-jitsu stud Garry Tonon this past January.
    The heavy hands of Jack Marshman (22-6) heavy hands carried him to an upset knockout of Magnus Cedenblad in his Octagon debut and he enjoyed early success against Thiago Santos before suffering a wheel kick knockout in February. Undaunted, “Hammer” got back on track in Glasgow three months ago with a decision over the towering Ryan Janes.
    He’ll give up two inches of height and six inches of reach to “Shoeface.”
    Against Cedenblad, Marshman demonstrated that he’s durable, gritty and mentally tough. He also demonstrated some iffy takedown defense, which is the worst sort of Achilles’ heel to have against a legitimately world-class grappler. If Carlos spends as much time in top position as Cedenblad did, Marshman’s going to sleep.
    Carlos has wilted before and Marshman is never out of the fight, but Carlos’ cardio looked solid against Vettori and he’s stood up to strikes from powerhouses. He hands Marshman the first submission loss of his career.
    Prediction: Carlos via first-round submission

170 lbs.:
    Elizeu Zaleski Dos Santos vs. Max Griffin
    Elizeu Zaleski Dos Santos (17-5) came up just short in his UFC debut, a back-and-forth battle with then-unbeaten Nicolas Dalby in Brazil. He’s maintained that level of excitement in three straight victories, two of which earned him “Fight of the Night” bonuses.
    Twelve of his 14 stoppage wins have come by form of knockout.
    Max Griffin (13-3) had the unenviable task of facing Colby Covington in his promotional debut and, like so many others, wilted in the face of “Chaos’” wrestling. He had rather more success against TUF: “Latin America” 2 winner Erick Montano, whom he knocked out in just 54 seconds.
    “Max Pain” has stopped five opponents in less than one minute apiece.
    This one has got “Fight of the Night” potential. Two tough, aggressive strikers with big power, one of whom has yet to have a remotely boring fight in UFC. I still think Zaleski is a little too crude with his hands to crack the 170-pound elite, but I favor him here. He’s got the more proven chin, mental toughness, and cardio, which make all the difference when both men are looking for the knockout.
    In short, he’s just a little meaner, a little tougher and a little more experienced. They put on a terrific show before Zaleski overpowers him late.
    Prediction: Zaleski via third-round technical knockout

155 lbs.:
    Hacran Dias vs. Jared Gordon
    Hacran Dias (23-5-1) joined UFC on the heels of eight consecutive victories and promptly made it nine with a decision over the red-hot Iuri Alcantara. However “Barnabe” has struggled to maintain that form, going 2-4 since that debut victory.
    This will be his first appearance at Lightweight since 2011.
    Jared Gordon (13-1) — the former CFFC Featherweight Champion -- suffered food poisoning before his planned UFC debut against Michel Quinones, delaying it by a month. Though he weighed in at 149 for the Featherweight fight, he nonetheless managed to overpower Quinones and stop him in the second.
    “Flash” went 6-2 as an amateur before joining the pros in 2011.
    I honestly don’t think going back to Lightweight will do Dias any favors. He’s consistently struggled with more active opponents who can shut down his wrestling, a description Gordon ostensibly fits to a “T.” Gordon is a far busier striker who, while unlikely to consistently crack that vaunted Nova Uniao takedown defense, will almost certainly outland Dias in between protracted clinches on the cage.
    There’s a very good chance this winds up an unpleasant slog of a fight, since their respective wrestling skills cancel each other out. In the end, though, Gordon’s aggression carries him to a narrow decision victory.
    Prediction: Gordon via split decision

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Like Niko Price at +110....Marshman +325 seems to have value....Brooks -175 is SOLID...

PaperTrail07

Also looking at:

Covington -130
    Over 1.5 Herm/Santos

What do you guys think?

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5361

I think im taking machida and maia. Probably bet co main if i hit that i just watch main. If i lose double on machida lol

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I'm sure ALvarez will be the favorite.. -145 maybe? Who knows? That will be a good fight...
    I dont think he will be the favorite. Prolly a pick um fight or a lean to Gaethje

Thor4140

brunson is my boy but his wild style is going to play into machidas hands... if machida isnt a shell of his former self he should win this fight ... could even see a finish here

maia at + odds ill take this as well
    Wasn't he more discipline against Silva? I didn't see that fight just asking. I thought he learned a lesson from the Whitaker disaster.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    First fight for Machida off of roids no thanks.
    That is a concern and Machida isn't a spring chicken either... Still, Brunson is not that technical with his striking, Machida has that peek a boo in and out Karate style and I'm not convinced Brunson can break through the Machida defense and knock him out.. Brunson's best chance to win is probably to take Machida down but again that's not easily done with the distance he creates...

If Brunson gets frustrated and bum rushes Machida like I think he will, he'll get dropped.. I got Machida by KO in this one.. He could win by decision though as that's not out of the question..

Points Awarded:

Demonata gave JIBBBY 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I dont think he will be the favorite. Prolly a pick um fight or a lean to Gaethje
    Maybe Thor we'll see?

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Here's a little contest for you guys. Two of my Top 10 favorite fighters are on this card. If anyone can guess both fighters, I'll give them 100 BetPoints.
    Lineker and Font

Thor4140

brunson is my boy but his wild style is going to play into machidas hands... if machida isnt a shell of his former self he should win this fight ... could even see a finish here

maia at + odds ill take this as well
    Wasn't he more discipline against Silva? I didn't see that fight just asking. I thought he learned a lesson from the Whitaker disaster.

Shagdogy

^ LOL I guess I was late to guess Font there... I remember you had him marked as a 2018 breakout guy on your own thread.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Shagdogy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Thinking about this MAIA fight... I'm not convinced Colby is better standing then Maia, Maia's boxing and stand up has improved and Colby is more wrestler then boxer... Maia could win this fight standing maybe? Maybe he doesn't even go for take downs against the strong wrestler? That's something to consider I think.. I'm starting to think Maia may have a chance in this fight if he keeps it standing.. I'm on the fence with this fight now...

Covington is such a strong wrestler though and has youth on his side.. Maia might still get man handled in this fight and get controlled on the ground.http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Colby-Covington-57269

1111 Covington wins by 3 round decision +125

1127 Maia wins by submission +300
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-25-17 at 04:38 PM.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Jibbby. That's Gaethje not Michael Johnson by KO in your pic... What the hell. Heavy hands and leg kicks boy.

Shagdogy

Is there ANY way to know if Marcelo Golm has even a little bit of cardio? Colombo is so bad that I will bet Golm regardless, but it would be good to know. Does he have a wrestling background? I can't find anything on that. All I can find is some twitter clips of him doing BJJ as a white belt in 2011, LOL.

Anyway, in the few fights you can see of him, his hand speed is far superior to Colombo's, and his fluidity on the ground is much better as well. But he's never fought out of the first round. Colombo has, and keeps a surprisingly high work rate for such a big guy. About the only thing he has going for him. That, and a chin.

Shagdogy

Thinking about this MAIA fight... I'm not convinced Colby is better standing then Maia, Maia's boxing and stand up has improved and Colby is more wrestler then boxer... Maia could win this fight standing maybe? Maybe he doesn't even go for take downs against the strong wrestler? That's something to consider I think.. I'm starting to think Maia may have a chance in this fight if he keeps it standing.. I'm on the fence with this fight now...

Covington is such a strong wrestler though and has youth on his side.. Maia might still get man handled in this fight and get controlled on the ground.http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Colby-Covington-57269

You think it's at all likely that Maia keeps it standing, even if he's able to fight the takedowns?

MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Is there ANY way to know if Marcelo Golm has even a little bit of cardio? Colombo is so bad that I will bet Golm regardless, but it would be good to know. Does he have a wrestling background? I can't find anything on that. All I can find is some twitter clips of him doing BJJ as a white belt in 2011, LOL.

Anyway, in the few fights you can see of him, his hand speed is far superior to Colombo's, and his fluidity on the ground is much better as well. But he's never fought out of the first round. Colombo has, and keeps a surprisingly high work rate for such a big guy. About the only thing he has going for him. That, and a chin.
    Even if Golm fades he should still have the hand speed advantage. I think Golm is a no brainer here.

Thor4140

Haven't seen a wrestler yet who wants to stay on the ground with Mai. I have seen a few do it but i doubt any of them wanted to.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

^ LOL I guess I was late to guess Font there... I remember you had him marked as a 2018 breakout guy on your own thread.
    That's right. It will be dependent on what matchups he gets as his TDD has been awful to this point. I just dig his combination striking, power, and underrated ground game.

Hugo de Naranja

Agreed. If this fight were 5-rounds I'd cap Gaethje at like (-275).

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

You think it's at all likely that Maia keeps it standing, even if he's able to fight the takedowns?
    IDK Shag? Covington will press and grind and probably be able to take Maia down if he really wants too so probably the fight doesn't stay standing especially if Maia is touching up Covington on the feet...

More then likely Covington puts Maia on his back and keeps him there.. That's why I'm leaning Covington by decision as the play.. May hedge with the Maia Sub prop though.. That's why I posted up the 2 props in the above post..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-25-17 at 07:37 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Haven't seen a wrestler yet who wants to stay on the ground with Mai. I have seen a few do it but i doubt any of them wanted to.
    Well if it becomes a stand up fight Maia should be able to hold his own against Covington one would think.. Covington isn't T-Wood on the feet that's for sure...

firekillex

jibby has abandoned and left Maia

rip

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

jibby has abandoned and left Maia

rip
    Well Fire he's getting old, Covington is young strong wrestler that can handle himself very well on the ground in the top position against just about anyone in the world including Maia.. So like the T-Wood fight this will be a very hard fight for Maia to win..

This fight just reminds me when Chael Sonnen put Maia on his back and controlled him round after round back in the day until he got triangled late... I could see this fight playing out a bit like that but Maia not getting the Triangle this go around against Covington....

Oh and Maia couldn't take down T-Wood so I highly doubt he can take down Covington either.. Yes Maia will be up against it in this fight against another strong wrestler..

Yes I jumped off the MAIA train for now.. ...

Thor4140

I think Eddie is gettting dangerously close to being on his way out. The Mcgregor loss was bad and he was getting smashed his last fight and miraculously got back in it with some shady shit. This is a dangerous fight to bet because these guys will be throwing and one shot is all that has to get thru. I'm not sure Eddie can take the same punch this kid can. I also agree about the five round comment
    Last edited by Thor4140; 10-25-17 at 07:54 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

If Eddie Alvarez is a +200 dog I might take him.. He fights alot like Gaethje, a brawler whom gets rocked alot but hangs in there with toughness.. Eddie has a few more tools I think and is a bit more technical standing.. Eddie is a solid vet now..

Still Gaethje probably drops Eddie if they start standing and trading... Maybe Gaethje will be a big favorite after all..

firekillex

Well Fire he's getting old, Covington is young strong wrestler that can handle himself very well on the ground in the top position against just about anyone in the world including Maia.. So like the T-Wood fight this will be a very hard fight for Maia to win..

This fight just reminds me when Chael Sonnen put Maia on his back and controlled him round after round back in the day until he got triangled late... I could see this fight playing out a bit like that but Maia not getting the Triangle this go around against Covington....

Oh and Maia couldn't take down T-Wood so I highly doubt he can take down Covington either.. Yes Maia will be up against it in this fight against another strong wrestler..

Yes I jumped off the MAIA train for now.. ...

say what?? maia threw sonnen on his back in round 1 and triangled him from full mount ????

also that twood fight was very short notice, woodley was fighting with defensive wrestling and hes much shorter at 5'9 way harder to take down imo..... covington will probably try to take maia down unless he wants to keep this standing for 3 rounds? but i could see maia pulling guard or something here... underdog price im on it all day .. covington is no twood
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave firekillex 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 804

Maia can def imo take down colbey and should. I just don't think it's going to be anywhere enough to win the fight. He's looked so bad the last two fights (v Woodley gets a pass I guess but still).

I think coming up against a guy that imo should get the better of the grapple given the current state of their careers he's in big trouble. In saying that would not be shocked if he got a sub from nowhere, I don't see another way to victory, think Covington would of done the majority of work if it went to decision which I feel is very likely.

Igor_1965
    200 Independence Avenue
    Igor_1965's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Love watching Brunson fights. I think he gets his ass kicked here though

Hugo de Naranja

Maia ITD is (+400) but somehow Maia Sub is only (+275) lol
    Points Awarded:

turbozed gave Hugo de Naranja 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

bananas lol
    Maia ITD is (+400) but somehow Maia Sub is only (+275) lol

First 12345 ... Last