Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    His two career losses are by a R4 Sub to Ivan Musardo in Cage Warriors and a UD against Dustin Poirier at UFC 195. Not sure where Chael is coming from with this prediction. Maybe he believes that Vick’s power is much improved from his time spent in Thailand.
    I haven't really finished capping the fight but I'm coming around to Duffy. I believe his hands are much faster and his head movement is good enough to avoid Vick's strikes. If the fight hits the mat, it should be with Duffy on top, controlling position. Vick is good at threatening subs and standing up but that just puts him on the feet where im not sure he has an advantage. I think the chins are both good. Cardio should both be good. Power advantage maybe to Vick but usually that's when guys run into his long strikes trying to close the distance. If Duffy has trouble, I think he will see that early and close distance and get all the way inside. I'm starting to see Duffy as playable even straight at -160.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Shagdogy 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Shagdogy

Cutelaba out. USADA.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Cutelaba out. USADA.
    Yeah penetrate. Did they say what it was?

Hugo de Naranja

Cutelaba out. USADA.
    Also I sent you a PM

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

dammit
    Also I sent you a PM

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

I knew it was too good to be true LOL...always something

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

His two career losses are by a R4 Sub to Ivan Musardo in Cage Warriors and a UD against Dustin Poirier at UFC 195. Not sure where Chael is coming from with this prediction. Maybe he believes that Vick’s power is much improved from his time spent in Thailand.
    "I think you would be surprised" - Joe Rogan

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    "I think you would be surprised" - Joe Rogan
    We will find out soon my friend.
    Points Awarded:

UncleChael gave Hugo de Naranja 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Vick has to finish this fight to win IMO. Duffy is so technical with his boxing and his ground game is also solid especially for a Euro. I think Vick by SUB is the only option. Drops him and hops on for a sub but VERY low percentage IMO

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Vick has to finish this fight to win IMO. Duffy is so technical with his boxing and his ground game is also solid especially for a Euro. I think Vick by SUB is the only option. Drops him and hops on for a sub but VERY low percentage IMO
    I think most of Vick's submissions come from him hurting opponents on the feet and getting them to shoot or opponents looking to wrestle offensively in general.

TPowell

I think most of Vick's submissions come from him hurting opponents on the feet and getting them to shoot or opponents looking to wrestle offensively in general.
    In 8 fights, Vick has landed ONE takedown with 4 attempts.

Hugo de Naranja

In 8 fights, Vick has landed ONE takedown with 4 attempts.
    Yeah he's not an offensive wrestler at all. I'm saying his submissions come from opponents shooting on him.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

After watching the weigh-ins, I would love to see Rose fukk Joanna up really bad.

TPowell

Yeah he's not an offensive wrestler at all. I'm saying his submissions come from opponents shooting on him.
    Yep and Duffy hasn't landed a takedown in his UFC career. Wow just looked and down to -140. This is a steal

Hugo de Naranja

Yep and Duffy hasn't landed a takedown in his UFC career. Wow just looked and down to -140. This is a steal
    I think Vick is a great fighter but I favor Duffy in a pure kickboxing match against most anyone. Let's get it T!

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Best shop I've seen in awhile.

Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Kermit 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

turbozed gave Kermit 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Best shop I've seen in awhile.

Was this Kamura Obscura?

TPowell

The OVER on FGTD looks good too. I know their are only 11 fights but I could easily see 7+ fights going there. Outside of the Harris and Paulo fights, I think the rest will go the distance with Gall/Brown being the next biggest challenge. 7/11 pays over +400 so pretty solid payout and even 6/11 pays +150.

I also like the UNDER 1.5 on the subs for the event. I think Gall is very likely to get one but where does the other come from? OSP choking out Anderson? Very doubtful. If OSP drops Anderson it'll be lights out. Zahabi/Ramos? Possible for Ramos I suppose and Oleinik has a shot at one as well but not a high probability. The Vick/Duffy fight will be a definite standup fight but maybe a knockdown and sub? If Gall doesn't sub Brown, this bet is an absolute lock for sure. I just can't see any way this should be getting over +150 on the under 1.5.

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

I haven't really finished capping the fight but I'm coming around to Duffy. I believe his hands are much faster and his head movement is good enough to avoid Vick's strikes. If the fight hits the mat, it should be with Duffy on top, controlling position. Vick is good at threatening subs and standing up but that just puts him on the feet where im not sure he has an advantage. I think the chins are both good. Cardio should both be good. Power advantage maybe to Vick but usually that's when guys run into his long strikes trying to close the distance. If Duffy has trouble, I think he will see that early and close distance and get all the way inside. I'm starting to see Duffy as playable even straight at -160.
    I ended up siding with Duffy too based on just boxing technique and hand speed. -200 was way too wide for my liking though and the price was right around -150. Vick actually probably has more ways to win against a wider variety of opponents. But Vick's attempted like 1 takedown in his UFC career and his sub game is predicated on locking up front chokes against people trying to shoot on him. Both guys have a boxing base and prefer to use it and in that type of fight Duffy has the advantage.

Vick has shown a bit of improvement in defense and in his clinch game, but some of his fundamental problems (slow to retract his jab, naked kick techniques, being there to hit after throwing, etc.) are still there for Duffy to exploit.

Pretty close fight and will be a good one so probably will be a minor play on Duffy.

turbozed

They were pretty excited about this fight. I don't have a great read on this fight and am considering no betting it.
    Did you ever get around to taking a deeper look at this fight Hugo?

Shagdogy

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    I ended up siding with Duffy too based on just boxing technique and hand speed. -200 was way too wide for my liking though and the price was right around -150. Vick actually probably has more ways to win against a wider variety of opponents. But Vick's attempted like 1 takedown in his UFC career and his sub game is predicated on locking up front chokes against people trying to shoot on him. Both guys have a boxing base and prefer to use it and in that type of fight Duffy has the advantage.

Vick has shown a bit of improvement in defense and in his clinch game, but some of his fundamental problems (slow to retract his jab, naked kick techniques, being there to hit after throwing, etc.) are still there for Duffy to exploit.

Pretty close fight and will be a good one so probably will be a minor play on Duffy.
    Yeah I took Duffy. I think he has better hand speed, chin, head movement, top game, and camp. A lot of advantages to Duffy. His edges might not be super wide but I think he has a lot of them.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Shagdogy 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

turbozed

I got around to watching Ramos and Zahabi tape (both debuts and a few of their regional fights). Makes sense that Ramos would be the favorite here but I don't think there's much value at -200. I see him mostly winning by submission and probably would've taken a shot at +280, but it's down to like +200 now so I'll hold off.

Ramos's striking is a big issue. It looks good aesthetically. He tries to draw out strikes from his opponent to counter. But his distance management sucks. A lot of his strikes come nowhere close to hitting his opponent. He landed one really great counter against Tanaka but towards the end he was getting outlanded and outstruck by Tanaka, which is a bad sign. Other issues are his lack of volume and that his pocket defense is not very good. He slowed down a lot in the 3rd round of his UFC debut so his cardio might be a problem too.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

fired up for this great card!!

great sports day with full college football slate as well

Shagdogy

I got around to watching Ramos and Zahabi tape (both debuts and a few of their regional fights). Makes sense that Ramos would be the favorite here but I don't think there's much value at -200. I see him mostly winning by submission and probably would've taken a shot at +280, but it's down to like +200 now so I'll hold off.

Ramos's striking is a big issue. It looks good aesthetically. He tries to draw out strikes from his opponent to counter. But his distance management sucks. A lot of his strikes come nowhere close to hitting his opponent. He landed one really great counter against Tanaka but towards the end he was getting outlanded and outstruck by Tanaka, which is a bad sign. Other issues are his lack of volume and that his pocket defense is not very good. He slowed down a lot in the 3rd round of his UFC debut so his cardio might be a problem too.
    I think the striking will be interesting in this one. Both guys like to move forward topressure their opponents but neither one likes to throw first. I think they might look a little bit like opposing magnets. Every time they get close to each other they might just both back off without anything happening. Zahabi had an incredibly willing opponent in Vieira who had no problem being first in the striking and he still threw incredibly low volume to the point that I feel he was 20 seconds away from losing a decision (with impartial non Canadian judges). He is accurate with his counters so if he finds a bit more aggression then than could swing this fight. I also particularly didn't like how often Vieira got in deep on TD attempts. If Zahabi starts dictating the striking it will be interesting to see if Ramos can go to takedowns and switch the fight up. He didn't stand with Khash so he may look for more ground in this fight.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Im so happy i finally get to watch gsp again tonight. . I might not even drink... Yeah right Im going to get drunk as hell and probably piss people off and myself off then feel bad and apologize tomorrow

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Im so happy i finally get to watch gsp again tonight. . I might not even drink... Yeah right Im going to get drunk as hell and probably piss people off and myself off then feel bad and apologize tomorrow
    I'd max bet that.
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave JAKEPEAVY21 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja gave JAKEPEAVY21 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

turbozed

I think the striking will be interesting in this one. Both guys like to move forward topressure their opponents but neither one likes to throw first. I think they might look a little bit like opposing magnets. Every time they get close to each other they might just both back off without anything happening. Zahabi had an incredibly willing opponent in Vieira who had no problem being first in the striking and he still threw incredibly low volume to the point that I feel he was 20 seconds away from losing a decision (with impartial non Canadian judges). He is accurate with his counters so if he finds a bit more aggression then than could swing this fight. I also particularly didn't like how often Vieira got in deep on TD attempts. If Zahabi starts dictating the striking it will be interesting to see if Ramos can go to takedowns and switch the fight up. He didn't stand with Khash so he may look for more ground in this fight.
    There really wasn't a mystery as to why Zahabi didn't throw much early in the fight though. You had his brother in the corner basically shouting at him to keep pressuring Vieira and making him throw so that he would gas out. It was part of their gameplan to be low volume but be just within range to tempt Vieira to throw those loopy hooks. That doesn't explain why Zahabi's volume was so low later in the fight, but maybe they expected Vieira to be more gassed and less dangeorus (their plan didnt work so well in other words).

As far as Ramos' gameplan against Tanaka, that was a bit more baffling. I guess they thought Tanaka's striking was bad enough that Ramos could win without using his grappling techniques. Tanaka is pretty strong on the ground, and seems unchokeable (see the fight before last where Cruz was telling us how Tanaka was going to go out any second and a whole minute goes by with Tanaka in a tight choke). Ramos was able to drop Tanaka with a counter, so it did work out to an extent. Tanaka won that third round clearly being fresher and more active. Now imagine if the first two rounds was a ton of scrambling and grinding grappling. Ramos might have been so out of gas that he might have been finishable.

I don't think Ramos is going to be wary of engaging Zahabi on the ground at all, and I don't think Ramos thinks he's a better striker than Zahabi (I sure hope he doesn't at least), so I think we're going to see him do what he did in his regional fights, which is strike for 30 seconds until jumping in with a 1-2 then level change TD attempt. If he struggles to get them, then Zahabi might be a good live bet. But there's a good chance Ramos is able to lock in a sub after the first successful TD in the 1st.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

There really wasn't a mystery as to why Zahabi didn't throw much early in the fight though. You had his brother in the corner basically shouting at him to keep pressuring Vieira and making him throw so that he would gas out. It was part of their gameplan to be low volume but be just within range to tempt Vieira to throw those loopy hooks. That doesn't explain why Zahabi's volume was so low later in the fight, but maybe they expected Vieira to be more gassed and less dangeorus (their plan didnt work so well in other words).

As far as Ramos' gameplan against Tanaka, that was a bit more baffling. I guess they thought Tanaka's striking was bad enough that Ramos could win without using his grappling techniques. Tanaka is pretty strong on the ground, and seems unchokeable (see the fight before last where Cruz was telling us how Tanaka was going to go out any second and a whole minute goes by with Tanaka in a tight choke). Ramos was able to drop Tanaka with a counter, so it did work out to an extent. Tanaka won that third round clearly being fresher and more active. Now imagine if the first two rounds was a ton of scrambling and grinding grappling. Ramos might have been so out of gas that he might have been finishable.

I don't think Ramos is going to be wary of engaging Zahabi on the ground at all, and I don't think Ramos thinks he's a better striker than Zahabi (I sure hope he doesn't at least), so I think we're going to see him do what he did in his regional fights, which is strike for 30 seconds until jumping in with a 1-2 then level change TD attempt. If he struggles to get them, then Zahabi might be a good live bet. But there's a good chance Ramos is able to lock in a sub after the first successful TD in the 1st.
    There is no live betting on the books with the early prelims...

UFC Fight Pass Early Prelims

Aiemann
    Zahabi
    vs
    Ricardo
    Ramos

CANADA
    Country
    BRAZIL

7-0-0
    Record
    10-1-0

43%
    KO/TKO
    20%

43%
    SUB
    60%

14%
    DEC
    20%

68 in
    Height
    69 in

135 lbs
    Weight
    135 lbs

69 in
    Reach
    72 in

38 in
    Leg Reach
    40 in

Ramos by sub probably... Bit tricky as this one might go the distance too and blow up finishing props for either fighter... I don't like betting on this fight that much..

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

My first bet for the card

Last edited by Demonata; 11-04-17 at 12:05 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Demonata 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

Did you ever get around to taking a deeper look at this fight Hugo?
    Honestly not really. Mostly focused my efforts on the other fights.

Hugo de Naranja

Yeah I took Duffy. I think he has better hand speed, chin, head movement, top game, and camp. A lot of advantages to Duffy. His edges might not be super wide but I think he has a lot of them.
    This was a fun one to discuss last night

Hugo de Naranja

1u on Ramos Submission at (+280) is my only action on this one.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Everyone have seen this right? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlxV7j5Ye24

He continues where he left of from the prefight interview.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Everyone have seen this right? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlxV7j5Ye24

He continues where he left of from the prefight interview.
    Not sure what this is

First ... 3456789 ... Last