milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

**lower level ufc 216 tix tomorrow can be had for $55

in comparison, ufc 217 in ny next month, cheapest lowers are $350

if anyone is in vegas, this is a pretty good chance to see some good fights at a price much lower than usual

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/ufc-21...663D#efeat4212

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Let's fly out.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Already got my tickets...T Mobile Arena. Very simple.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    Already got my tickets...T Mobile Arena. Very simple.
    hopefully you can have a good time and not have your mind on the recent events

i knew one of the victims so i already cancelled my trip for ufc 219/vegas knights new years eve

will probably be much more mellow crowd than usual tomorrow

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    hopefully you can have a good time and not have your mind on the recent events

i knew one of the victims so i already cancelled my trip for ufc 219/vegas knights new years eve

will probably be much more mellow crowd than usual tomorrow
    Vegas is completely back to normal...It is packed here...Maybe big events might be less attended...

MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

I'm going to the card in December here in Detroit. Been to 4 or 5 in LV & one in Chicago. It's a hell of a time, but I actually prefer sitting in the second deck, you can see into the cage!

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by MMANick View Post
    I'm going to the card in December here in Detroit. Been to 4 or 5 in LV & one in Chicago. It's a hell of a time, but I actually prefer sitting in the second deck, you can see into the cage!
    good point

depending on the venue, you might want to be high enough/far enough back to look over the top

same situation with mlb/nhl... i hate looking through net or plexiglass

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Ufc losing steam

Way too many events

No stars

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Prefer watching it at home on the big screen and being able to live bet with multiple computers on and in live betting mode..

Unless I get cage side tickets where I can get blood splatter on my on my clothes I'm out these days.. ...

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13684

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Ufc losing steam

Way too many events

No stars
    i agree 100%. i remember knowing every guy on the roster and looking forward to almost every event, they seemed stacked. i still watch and enjoy but nowhere close to my high school days

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Losco View Post
    i agree 100%. i remember knowing every guy on the roster and looking forward to almost every event, they seemed stacked. i still watch and enjoy but nowhere close to my high school days
    yeah it got way too diluted

good thing here is i can watch the ppv's in a bar near me and it's not even close to crowded unless it's something big like mcgregor

and my son can even drive me home if i buy him some food and listen to him whine for 2 hours about how boring it is (or pay to let him gokart next door)

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13684

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    yeah it got way too diluted

good thing here is i can watch the ppv's in a bar near me and it's not even close to crowded unless it's something big like mcgregor

and my son can even drive me home if i buy him some food and listen to him whine for 2 hours about how boring it is (or pay to let him gokart next door)
    if i didnt have friends who liked it too, im not sure how much of it i would watch still. we usually get some guys together and some girlfriends and order pizza and get some beers, usually ends up being about 25$ a person

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Was much better way back in the day when there were no gloves and kicks to the nuts were ok...only rule was no eye gauging...

No weight classes either...tournament style...3 fights in 1 night....that was the absolute best UFC and it will never even be remotely close to being the same

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Losco View Post
    if i didnt have friends who liked it too, im not sure how much of it i would watch still. we usually get some guys together and some girlfriends and order pizza and get some beers, usually ends up being about 25$ a person
    that's why i like watching it at the bar, there's some other fans there... watch a lot of it at home alone but that's mostly because i'm betting on it

like anything else, not nearly as interesting with no action on it

milwaukee mike

Was much better way back in the day when there were no gloves and kicks to the nuts were ok...only rule was no eye gauging...

No weight classes either...tournament style...3 fights in 1 night....that was the absolute best UFC and it will never even be remotely close to being the same
    yeah but after joe son got hit in the groin too often, he ended up in austin powers movies and then started raping and murdering people

i would probably go apeshit too after getting punched in the nuts 20 times

the rules were so random though, depending on the venue... usually biting, eye pokes, and groin shots were banned

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

I remember 120 pound Gracie fighting some 450 pound nig....was epic

milwaukee mike

I remember 120 pound Gracie fighting some 450 pound nig....was epic
    yeah he also had that 36 minute fight with shamrock that ended in a draw because they put in time limits, but no judges

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

^^ Gracie was allowed to wear the GI back in the day and choked everyone out with his sleeves.. Oh those early years were great.. I was in awe back then.. UFC events 1, 2 and 3 especially.. I was in my 20's back then and loved it.. Still those UFC's events recorded on VHS tapes some where if you can believe that ...