Betpoints: 11090

Dana White says O/U on PPV buys for Fight is 4.9 million at Vegas Books

This cannot be right. Mayweather v Pacquiao did 4.6 mil

i don't see the hype being that great for this fight

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I will be quite shocked if this doesn't do 5 million. Even my dad that doesn't know shit about either sport is talking about it.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

The number is correct but there is a price in excess of -200 for the Over. The line opened in June with -120 each way but that quickly moved and by mid July was -180 for the Over.

You're right, the Pacquiao fight did 4.6 million and the De La Hoya fight was something like 2.4 million.

Yesterday I saw -210/+150 for a theoretical hold of about 7.19%

timinator
    timinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

WOW 4.6M? wtf

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Even Wild Wings waitresses are talking about it, it's getting a ton of hype. You have the black/white angle, the MMA/Boxing angle, the hated known veteran/unknown angle, age/youth angle, and probably some others. Seems like a lot more interested than Pacquiao/Mayweather and McGregor is appealing to a lot of Europe whereas few Phillipinos were about to buy any pay per views.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I will be quite shocked if this doesn't do 5 million. Even my dad that doesn't know shit about either sport is talking about it.
    Exactly. Makes you wonder what took so long to get this fight signed? Mayweather probably didn't add up all the digits??!?!

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Would be very surprised if it doesn't go over that. More curious on the actual number of people who watch, in whatever form.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

If you have show time do you get it for free?

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

I've gotten inquiries from friends if I'm showing the fight. That hasn't happened in a loooong time.

Imagine if Mayweather wins and they immediately announce a Mayweather/Connor UFC rematch??? OMG, can you imagine the ratings??? That would do a billion dollars. Everyone would pay to see Mayweather get his ass kicked. EVERYONE.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I've gotten inquiries from friends if I'm showing the fight. That hasn't happened in a loooong time.

Imagine if Mayweather wins and they immediately announce a Mayweather/Connor UFC rematch??? OMG, can you imagine the ratings??? That would do a billion dollars. Everyone would pay to see Mayweather get his ass kicked. EVERYONE.
    Floyd doesn't give rematches in the ring I would be shocked if he went into the octagon. Let me rephrase I'd be utterly shocked. If he ever dabbled in MMA he'd handpicked weak opponents or guys past their prime just like he does in boxing. To go against a conor in his prime in the octagon would defy everything that floyd has done his whole career

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Could care less.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Floyd doesn't give rematches in the ring I would be shocked if he went into the octagon. Let me rephrase I'd be utterly shocked. If he ever dabbled in MMA he'd handpicked weak opponents or guys past their prime just like he does in boxing. To go against a conor in his prime in the octagon would defy everything that floyd has done his whole career
    I totally agree Homie BUT money will make people do crazy ass things. The amount of money that will be thrown at Mayweather would be astronomical. There is no way he could turn down that type of money. Muhammad Ali went to Tokyo to fight wrestling champion Inoki in the prime of his career. Inoki who was notorious for cutting your knees. Why? Money. Who can turn down a $300M - $400M payday? NO ONE. Mayweather will have no choice but to fight. It would be epic, especially if he got beat down.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

People still pay for fights on PPV?

There will be plenty of free streams online just like there always is.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

under will be 4.6

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    People still pay for fights on PPV?
    There will be plenty of free streams online just like there always is.
    I do all the time. It's a very cheap form of entertainment. I use to have season NFL/NBA and NCAAF tickets but I've let them all go for the comfort of my man cave. There is nothing like unlimited drinks, BBQ, barcalounger, ideal temperature, big screen, instant replay, DVR experience. My main screen is 170" with four 50" tv's, 2 on each side. 5 screens that can all be PIP for a total of 10 different channels. I'll normally watch the fight on the main screen with a couple screens delayed a few seconds and the other TV's watching any other sports. Most PPV's cost less than a night at the movies. Why would I want the hassle of trying to find a shitty feed just to save a few dollars? Sure, I can find good streams in high def, but they don't come close to the clarity and the DVR control. Have you ever tried to stream a feed from a projector? It looks like shit. Why would I spend thousands on a theater system only to be cheap by streaming a crappy feed???

I use to go to all the fights and most sporting events but I've saved a ton of money by staying home. The least I can do is at least order it and not be bothered with chasing streams. Most people don't know but you can negotiate a lot of PPV's with comcast and DTV, especially if you are a long term customer. Just call them.

If you are a gambler, why wouldn't you pay extra for gameday, NFL Sunday ticket, NBA league pass, MLB, Pac12, Longhorn network, etc. They are much cheaper than going, makes it easier to cap teams and a better experience especially for me of just chilling, avoiding the long lines, weather, etc. I can watch multiple games, gamble at my leisure. Ain't it great? Now, I completely understand people that can't afford it but if you can, why not support what you like to watch? I like UFC and boxing and will support them by spending my money. Everyone chooses what is important to them and how much entertainment is worth. I just took the kids to Benihana for lunch. That bill was much more than the fight tonight.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I do all the time. It's a very cheap form of entertainment. I use to have season NFL/NBA and NCAAF tickets but I've let them all go for the comfort of my man cave. There is nothing like unlimited drinks, BBQ, barcalounger, ideal temperature, big screen, instant replay, DVR experience. My main screen is 170" with four 50" tv's, 2 on each side. 5 screens that can all be PIP for a total of 10 different channels. I'll normally watch the fight on the main screen with a couple screens delayed a few seconds and the other TV's watching any other sports. Most PPV's cost less than a night at the movies. Why would I want the hassle of trying to find a shitty feed just to save a few dollars? Sure, I can find good streams in high def, but they don't come close to the clarity and the DVR control. Have you ever tried to stream a feed from a projector? It looks like shit. Why would I spend thousands on a theater system only to be cheap by streaming a crappy feed???

I use to go to all the fights and most sporting events but I've saved a ton of money by staying home. The least I can do is at least order it and not be bothered with chasing streams. Most people don't know but you can negotiate a lot of PPV's with comcast and DTV, especially if you are a long term customer. Just call them.

If you are a gambler, why wouldn't you pay extra for gameday, NFL Sunday ticket, NBA league pass, MLB, Pac12, Longhorn network, etc. They are much cheaper than going, makes it easier to cap teams and a better experience especially for me of just chilling, avoiding the long lines, weather, etc. I can watch multiple games, gamble at my leisure. Ain't it great? Now, I completely understand people that can't afford it but if you can, why not support what you like to watch? I like UFC and boxing and will support them by spending my money. Everyone chooses what is important to them and how much entertainment is worth. I just took the kids to Benihana for lunch. That bill was much more than the fight tonight.
    Mi point is there is no reason to pay for PPV events, stream them free and Chromecast them or whatever to big screen.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

THat is why most people buy Mayweather fights. To see him get his ass kicked. Mcgregor is special but when ya think about it he almost lost to Nate Diaz in the second fight and looked almost out on his feet in the third round. How the hell he beats Mayweather is beyond me. Floyd has won me a lot of money (Ricky Hatton was a big one) but I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger here cause i want to root for Conor. Unfortunately my wallet means more to me than being a fan. I have been holding Mcgregor bets cause that is the best way to get the best number on Floyd. Five people who i never saw bet before have asked me to put a bet in for them. So right now I'm sitting with Floyd 500 to lose 1750 instead of betting Floyd on my own. On my own it would be about 500 for 2500. So boys if u want Floyd at the best possible number boook all Mcgregor bets.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Wouldn't surprise me. Most people continue to buy Mayweather fights and then bitch about how shitty of a fight it was yet get excited about the next one and the cycle repeats itself.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57541

The only way there would be a rematch is if Connor somehow wins the fight with a quick KO. $ wouldn't want this career to end with a loss and would reup with Mac for a chance at that 50th win.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

I'm only buying this fight because I'm hosting a party. I swore I'd never pay again to see a fight after the Mayweather/Pacquiao debacle, but here I go again

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Mi point is there is no reason to pay for PPV events, stream them free and Chromecast them or whatever to big screen.
    Have you tried to cast to a big screen? It is fukking awful. It may look okay on a laptop or on your mobile phone but when you want to see it on a big screen, you can't take the chance of a shitty feed when friends are coming over. Plus, most ppv's now show a lot of pre-fight stuff on additional channels and online. You get to see the boxers warm up, get interviews in the dressing room and online access to fight details that you won't get unless you purchase. If you are gambling on the fight cards, that alone is worth the cost.

It is always funny to me how so many peeps are in the UFC/Boxing threads on fight night and you see the action up to the second while they are obviously lagged behind by a minute. Then to see so many losing streams, trying to find additional ones, etc. That shit is not worth the effort for me. I like to record and re-watch most fights to see if something I missed. I usually watch the matches over again without the sound on and you will be surprised how your viewpoint is biased by the announcers (Pacman/Bradley).

People will spend money on what they value. My wife spends money each month on Starbucks. I think it's stupid but that's her thing. I spend money each month on ppv fights. I am a boxing/UFC fan and I want both sports to succeed. I have Comcast, DTV and Dishnetwork. I can watch basically any event in the US. I can stream through Tivo, slingbox, dtv online, xfinity stream from anywhere. Definitely overkill but I'm a sports fanatic. I'm very versed on kodi and know where to get international streams and any US game as well. I have every streaming box known to man... But when it comes fight time, the last thing I want is for the feed to go into the dark because I'm trying to pinch pennies while I'm betting dollars.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    I'm only buying this fight because I'm hosting a party. I swore I'd never pay again to see a fight after the Mayweather/Pacquiao debacle, but here I go again
    and a great time will be had by all, even though Mayweather is a boring watch. We all want him to take chances but we all should know by now that he won't. I think he'll slowly break Mac down with counter punches and I think eventually knock him out. he might get an early knock out as well. I really don't think this will be a competitive fight at all. But I expect to see some type of shenanigans that should be funny to see as well. What I tell people about Mayweather is that you have to appreciate his greatness. His footwork is incredible, his defense on the ropes is amazing to watch and his hand speed is lightning quick. Don't watch him to see a beat down. Watch him to see him command the sweet science of boxing.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    The only way there would be a rematch is if Connor somehow wins the fight with a quick KO. $ wouldn't want this career to end with a loss and would reup with Mac for a chance at that 50th win.
    There is NO WAY Mac wins this fight. There is no way he can KO Mayweather. No one has been able to hit this guy in 20+ years. Sugar Shane was the one guy that actually staggered him with a punch once. Hernandez is the only fighter credited with Floyd taking a standing 8 (he touched the canvas with his glove) even though Judah touched him with a shot and he stumbled but probably should have been considered a knock down. So you have Floyd in with all these world class boxers and never hurt with 1 suspect knock down and Mac is going to somehow knock him out? That is ludicrous. I think Mac may not even get 3 or 4 punches in per round. This should be a total shutout.

I see a rematch if Floyd shuts him out. Because everyone will say that UFC fighters can't compete in the boxing ring but that also boxers can't compete in UFC. So the big talk is now, could Floyd beat Mac in the Octagon. Add enough money and Floyd has to take that fight. When he loses, it won't tarnish his boxing legacy but he is half a billion dollars richer. There is no way he can turn that down.

I actually think Mayweather has a much better chance of beating Mac in UFC than Mac has in boxing. I'll pay several hundred dollars to see that on PPV.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

If Mayweather fought in the octagon in a rematch him and Mac would probably split a billion dollars. He would be crazy not to do that.

I think even though Mac is a significant underdog in this boxing match, Mayweather would be 10 times the underdog in the octagon. Mac has taken multiple shots on the button from bigger stronger guys and eaten them. Mayweather has no power left, how is he going to take out Mac before he gets taken down or gets his knee kicked out of socket?

homie1975

Under 4.9 mil ppv buys will win. Just watch. Much less interest than some of u think

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I just read that it did 6.5 million buys.

https://themaclife.com/featured-post...me-ppv-record/

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I just read that it did 6.5 million buys.

https://themaclife.com/featured-post...me-ppv-record/
    Dana white claiming this. The number is unofiicial. I will tell everyone when it is official. Trust me.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

It is over 5 million

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    It is over 5 million
    Not yet. estimates say less than 4.9 mil so the UNDER 4.9 mil looks like it will win

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Not yet. estimates say less than 4.9 mil so the UNDER 4.9 mil looks like it will win
    depends on the book

skybook already graded the under as a loss, and might not reverse it

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

What's the hold up? Seems like an easy number for figure out.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    What's the hold up? Seems like an easy number for figure out.
    showtime executive says it takes a while... he estimated 4.5 million 2 days ago and then said it could be 10-15% higher but who knows

so the number has been all over the place in estimates, where it will land at this point is anyone's guess

homie1975

Almost 3 weeks since fight night and we still don't know the US ppv buys. Not acceptable

milwaukee mike

Almost 3 weeks since fight night and we still don't know the US ppv buys. Not acceptable
    especially not since some books graded it already after the 6.5 million tweet from mike dyce

tough to get bets regraded from 3 weeks ago

milwaukee mike

hopefully skybook will regrade this but i'm not holding my breath

STRAIGHT BET
    [60004] TOTAL u5+140 (MILLION vrs MILLION)
    LOSS