Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Part 2 -

170 lbs.: Keita Nakamura vs. Alex Morono

Keita Nakamura (32-8-2) washed out of UFC his first time around with a winless (0-3) record, but went on a 15-3 (1 NC) run to earn another stint in the world’s largest mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion. “K-Taro” has gone 2-2 since his return, pulling off upset submissions against Li Jingliang and Kyle Noke while suffering decision losses to Tom Breese and Elizeu Zaleski.

Sixteen of his professional wins have come by submission.
    With a five-win, five-finish streak behind him and the Legacy FC Welterweight title around his waist, Alex Morono (13-3) entered UFC two Januarys ago and defied +300 odds to scrape past Kyle Noke. After battering James Moontasri, he suffered a brutal knockout loss to Niko Price that was later overturned because Price testing positive for marijuana.
    Ten of his 13 wins have come by stoppage.
    I’m not entirely sure why Morono’s style works, but it does. He hurls punches with his arms fully-extended, but they somehow manage to land and land hard. Unfortunately for him, Nakamura hasn’t been knocked out in almost a decade and stood up to some lethal punchers in Li and Zaleski.
    Morono’s relentlessness and power, combined with Nakamura’s iffy fight IQ, should make for a competitive fight throughout. Nakamura’s grappling edge and durability have me leaning his way. He scores enough takedowns and takes enough dominant positions to earn a narrow win.
    Prediction: Nakamura by split decision

125 lbs.: Jussier Formiga vs. Yuta Sasaki

Once the king of the Flyweight division, Jussier Formiga (19-5) suffered losses in two of his first three UFC appearances before putting together a three-fight win streak. He has recently fallen into another 1-2 slump, most recently dropping a controversial decision to Ray Borg in March.

He will give up five inches of height and four inches of reach to Yuta Sasaki (20-4-2).
    Following consecutive one-sided losses to Leandro Issa and Taylor Lapilus, “Ulka” made the drop to Flyweight and found new life with two wins in three appearances. His last time out, he submitted Justin Scoggins as a +400 underdog and earned a “Performance of the Night” bonus in the process.
    Eleven of his professional victories have come by submission.
    Well, if nothing else, at least this is another opportunity for Sasaki to surprise people. Formiga’s got the best back control in the division and among the best in the entire sport. “Ulka” simply won’t find the openings he needs to employ his opportunistic submission game — once Formiga has the hooks in, he’s staying there until the bell rings or you tap.
    Sasaki can’t be counted out, but I see a repeat of his loss to Issa as Formiga dominates position before wrapping up a rear-naked choke.
    Prediction: Formiga via first-round submission

115 lbs.:
    Syuri Kondo vs. Chan Mi Jeon

Syuri Kondo (5-0) — a former kickboxing and professional wrestling standout — has spent the entirety of her career under the venerable Pancrase banner, debuting in April 2016. Just four months ago, she fought for the promotion’s Strawweight title and walked away with a unanimous decision win.
    She is eight years older than Chan Mi Jeon (5-1).
    Rampant aggression carried Jeon to four (technical) knockouts in her first five fights, setting up a UFC debut against J.J. Aldrich in June. Despite a spirited effort, Jeon fell short in Auckland after missing weight by two pounds.
    Three of her four knockouts have come within a minute.
    Kondo looks like a quality signing — she’s got a crisp one-two combination, solid knees in the clinch and decent grappling as well. Her big issue right now is that she’s too linear; in fact, I don’t think I saw a single hook in one of her recent fights and she has a bad habit of leaving her head on the inside after firing the right hand.
    Luckily for her, Jeon isn’t much for angles, either. While she has enough power to punish Kondo’s defensive lapses, she’ll struggle to get past her opponent’s jab. Unless she can keep Kondo on the fence for long enough to do real damage with her knees, expect Kondo to pile up the one-two combinations on the way to a clear decision win.
    Prediction: Kondo via unanimous decision

This write up is exactly how I feel about the Nakamura/Morono fight. Dead on.

Shagdogy

Seems pretty silly to bet Saki in his first MMA fight. Yes, Da Silva is on a 3 fight losing streak, but all three fighters he has lost to recently can grapple at a high level. I don't think Da Silva can or will hang on the feet, but if this fight hits the mat he will get comfortable very quickly. He's not a high level takedown artist, but who says Saki can defend any kind of takedown at all?

richie360
    richie360's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9202

Hirota nearly collapsed on the scales. Rosa ITD is still at nearly +400.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Quote Originally Posted by richie360 View Post
    Hirota nearly collapsed on the scales. Rosa ITD is still at nearly +400.
    Dimes only +265, I tried it Richie..

$50.00 $132.50 Pending 9/22/17 10:00pm MMA Props Fighting 1509 Rosa wins inside distance +265* vs Not Rosa inside distance

Shagdogy

Hirota fight is off.

Shagdogy

Tons of small leans on fighters who are even or better so i'm stabbing at every one. Gonna have lots of small action on this card. Prob won't even be able to watch it. Hmpf.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Hirota fight is off.
    I was heavy on Charles Rosa.

Hope they refund in time to make some plays.

If not might have to sit this one out.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave Sanity Check 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Longshot prop:

Ulka Rd 3 is +2525 at 5d. Good value there if Juicy wears himself out trying to finish Sasaki. His gas not always the best and he'll be flying to the other side of the world for this one.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    Longshot prop:

Ulka Rd 3 is +2525 at 5d. Good value there if Juicy wears himself out trying to finish Sasaki. His gas not always the best and he'll be flying to the other side of the world for this one.
    I like the idea. I took Sasaki Submission at (+17xx). Although Formiga has great BJJ, I think Submission is actually Sasaki's best path to victory

Shagdogy

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I like the idea. I took Sasaki Submission at (+17xx). Although Formiga has great BJJ, I think Submission is actually Sasaki's best path to victory
    I agree, but I don't think it's a good shot at all, although 1700 obv reflects that. Formiga's instincts and grappling speed are so good it's hard to imagine Sasaki even being able to secure an advantageous position for long on he mat, let alone a sub. By the time Sasaki sees an opening and goes for it I think Formiga will be on his second or third move. You do seem to have a special knack for hitting these long shots though so good luck! I have no side in this one.

turbozed

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I'll be pulling for a Sasaki round 3 sub then
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave turbozed 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Dammit LOL...I knew he looked weak lol lol...Rosa woulda ROLLED him...

PaperTrail07

Glad I got larkin cheap....hes becoming more of a fav by the min..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

The main card write up.. (Danny Segura)... Seems like a decent read.. Thought to share.. I agree with all these picks anyways...

Ovince Saint Preux vs. Yushin Okami

So we’re not getting Ovince Saint Preux vs. ‘Shogun’ Rua 2, but we are getting a very odd, and in some weird way intriguing fight between Saint Preux and late replacement Yushin Okami.
    Saint Preux has shown a good deal of promise, but has failed to maintain consistency in his UFC career, compiling a record of 8-5. It’s hard to gauge what version of Saint Preux we will get here. But for the most part, we can expect a well-rounded fighter with dangerous striking. Saint Preux has really good takedowns, a dominant top game, heavy ground-and-pound, and good submissions. However, for some reason, Saint Preux doesn’t really utilize his solid ground game.
    Okami is a seasoned veteran that has seen it all in MMA. The Japanese fighter has been known for being dominant in the clinch and strong with his wrestling. Okami also has good striking, but has a very low output, which tends to be a detriment.
    I find this fight to be one of the easier picks of the card. Saint Preux is a huge light heavyweight, and Okami has been fighting at welterweight for the past three years. Okami is not the powerhouse he once was and that was one of the main attributes that made him successful. Not being dangerous on the feet and not having a ground game that doesn’t rely on strength, I think Okami will get beat by Saint Preux anywhere the fight goes. Saint Preux should have an edge in all areas of the fight.
    Pick: Saint Preux

Claudia Gadelha vs. Jessica Andrade

I’m not entirely sure why this bout didn’t get promoted to the main event when ‘Shogun’ Rua was forced to withdraw from the card. Claudia Gadelha vs. Jessica Andrade is a very high-profile bout in the women’s 115-pound division.
    Gadelha is arguably the best fighter in the division not named Joanna Jedrzejczyk. Gadelha is a powerhouse at 115 pounds, and she possesses the best and most dominant ground game in the division. Apart from being a very advanced grappler, Gadelha is also a good striker. The Brazilian is extremely athletic and seems to have solved her cardio issues that stopped her from defeating the champ Jedrzejczyk.
    Andrade is another powerhouse at strawweight, and I’m really curious to see who will be the stronger fighter. Andrade also has takedowns in her arsenal, and a very good ground game. But perhaps, her most dangerous attribute is her wild and powerful striking. Andrade overwhelms many of her opponents with hard hooks to the body and head very much like Wanderlei Silva used to do in Pride FC.
    This should be a very exciting bout with a great display of skill. Andrade is definitely a game fighter here, but I find Gadelha to be significantly more polished on her striking and grappling technique. I see Andrade having some good moments, but I think ultimately Gadelha will do enough to best the former title challenger in a decision.
    Pick: Gadelha

Takanori Gomi vs. Dong Hyun Kim

This bout has to be a do-or-die for Takanori Gomi. And whether it’s a farewell or a turnaround for the Japanese fighter, there is no better place for it than the Saitama Super Arena.
    The former Pride FC lightweight champion has lost his four last outings - all in the first round. At 38 years of age, it’s hard to imagine a turnaround or a revival in his career. Yet, Gomi still remains a somewhat dangerous fighter, as he possesses a good amount of knockout power paired with unorthodox striking. Gomi is also extremely experienced. On the other hand, Dong Hyun Kim is a durable fighter with a well-rounded set of skills. Kim is not extremely good at anything, but can fight almost anywhere. The 29-year-old likes to brawl and has the chin and the power to be able to be successful at it.
    This is actually one of the most favorable matchups Gomi has had in recent years. Kim tends to keep his chin up in the air and doesn’t really have great head movement. There’s definitely a possibility of Gomi connecting a big shot and finishing the fight. However, those chances are likely low, as Kim is the quicker, younger, and more durable fighter. A small part of me thinks Gomi will rise to the occasion here, but the reality is that Kim will likely land first and put away the Japanese legend.
    Pick: Kim

Gokhan Saki vs. Henrique da Silva

Kickboxing legend Gokhan Saki will be resuming his one-fight MMA career by taking on Henrique da Silva in a light heavyweight contest.
    There is no doubt who will have the edge here on the feet as Saki is one of the best strikers in the world. Saki uses a diverse striking arsenal that attacks the head, body and legs. Having fought basically most of his career under kickboxing rules, Saki is not likely to be skilled grappling. I’ve tried looking for footage of his lone MMA bout, or anything that involves him and the grappling arts, but haven’t been successful. It’s unknown how capable Saki is on the ground.
    Da Silva is a good striker with a solid chin. The Brazilian is also skilled on the ground, having decent takedowns and good all-around grappling. Da Silva’s downfall has been his cardio. Once tired, da Silva’s skill level and defense significantly drops.
    Not knowing how good Saki is in the grappling department makes this bout almost impossible to predict. My guess is that Saki is good enough to at least overcome the early storm and take over once da Silva is tired.
    Pick: Saki

Teruto Ishihara vs. Rolando Dy

After a solid start in the UFC, Teruto Ishihara will now be attempting to bounce back from a two-fight skid.
    Ishihara, regarded on of the best Japanese prospects around, is an unorthodox striker that likes to use a lot of movement and attack his opponents at odd angles. Ishihara is pretty athletic and moves light on his feet. His ground game is not the best, but it’s certainly not bad either. Ishihara’s grappling is always improving, training with Team Alpha Male. Meanwhile, Rolando Dy is a tough opponent with a well-rounded game. Dy has some submissions in his game and can threaten on the feet.
    This should be a showcase fight for Ishihara. I don’t believe Dy presents a huge problem for Ishihara on the ground, and on the feet, Ishihara has better movement and a higher striking output.
    Pick: Ishihara

Jussier Formiga
    vs. Ulka Sasaki

I think this bout has the potential of being one of the better fights of the card. It may not be a wild brawl, but this could definitely turn into a fun, back-and-fourth grappling contest.
    Jussier Formiga has been one of the top flyweights in the world for many years now. I’m a little surprised he hasn’t been able to challenge for the title. Formiga is very good in every area of the fight game. The Brazilian has quick, technical boxing with good footwork. He’s also a extremely talented on the ground, as he has a solid top game, a crafty guard, and an excellent back take. Formiga is also a solid athlete with a good amount of experience fighting elite competition. The only fighters the 31-year-old Formiga has lost to in his UFC career have all been title challengers.
    Ulka Sasaki is a very unique fighter. He stands at 5 feet 10 inches tall and somehow manages to make the 125-pound weight limit. With his frame, Sasaki might not carry tons of power, but he does have range in his striking and leverage in his grappling.
    I don’t see how Formiga can lose this bout. Formiga is far more advanced than Sasaki in both the striking and grappling areas. Sasaki’s biggest tool is his slick and crafty ground game, but Formiga is one of the most technical grapplers in MMA. I see this being a dominant victory for the Brazilian.
    Pick: Formiga
    Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave JIBBBY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Dammit LOL...I knew he looked weak lol lol...Rosa woulda ROLLED him...
    Yup.. ...

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47654

I don't post in every event thread but I do watch most events.

This event holds little to no interest for me, which is very rare for a UFC card.

PaperTrail07

As far as interest-I sadly agree...The Bellator tomorrow is more watchable--Larkin Daley is quality--However- every now n then these events turn out amazing-why I love MMA...also why some built up events don't meet expectations...the main event should be a finish which can always end a shitty event nicely for TV purposes....
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post

This event holds little to no interest for me, which is very rare for a UFC card.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ The Bellator event is much better Saturday night.. This may be a first when a Bellator card is far more appealing then a UFC card on the same weekend..

That's saying something..
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Shagdogy

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post

Might not be the highest skilled UFC card but I think you guys could be pleasantly surprised. There should be some good entertainment value fights. The undercard girls could have a war. Same with Ishihara/Dy, and Abe/Lim. Saki is intriguing and Da Silva is real good choice of matchup for his opening fight. Don't sleep on this one.

PaperTrail07

For sure---cards like these turn out to be amazing sometimes.....not assss wrestling based across the pond...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Might not be the highest skilled UFC card but I think you guys could be pleasantly surprised. There should be some good entertainment value fights. The undercard girls could have a war. Same with Ishihara/Dy, and Abe/Lim. Saki is intriguing and Da Silva is real good choice of matchup for his opening fight. Don't sleep on this one.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    For sure---cards like these turn out to be amazing sometimes.....not assss wrestling based across the pond...
    Well the main event will certainly be a wrestling based fight or a quick KO.. You gotta think OSP either KO's Okami right away or Okami puts OSP on his back... Okami then probably gets KO'd when he gasses late in the fight and can't take OSP to the ground.

Either way I think OSP gets the KO before end of this 5 round fight..

$135.00 $100.00 Pending 9/22/17 11:59pm MMA Props Fighting 1041 Saint Preux wins by TKO/KO -135* vs Any other result

PaperTrail07

Same....Think he will grapple a TD....and end it w g and P....
    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Well the main event will certainly be a wrestling based fight or a quick KO.. You gotta think OSP either KO's Okami right away or Okami puts OSP on his back... Okami then probably gets KO'd when he gasses late in the fight and can't take OSP to the ground.

Either way I think OSP gets the KO before end of this 5 round fight..

$135.00 $100.00 Pending 9/22/17 11:59pm MMA Props Fighting 1041 Saint Preux wins by TKO/KO -135* vs Any other result

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Pump up the thread I'll be going, fellas!

One of my favorite bets will be on Saki! Shall be a fan favorite as well. Look out for that early KO if he manages to keep the fight standing. Yes, it is a big "if" like everyone has already mentioned. Frankenstein's gas tank is shot after a few minutes. Don't think it gets that far here. Overeem also believes Saki bombs will be reigned!

Hate to say it but I think Gomi gets crushed by DHK and end up retiring after a successful career that started in the same arena.

turbozed

Well I've been extremely haphazard on this card compared to most taking a lot of longshot props and going on a lot of gut plays and slight dogs. The whole card is +250 risk/payout which is a first.

From bigger to smaller bets: Kondo ML, Dy ML, Kondo NSC, OSP/Okami O1.5, Abe ML, Anzai Dec, Jumeau Rd3, Andrade Dec, Sasaki Rd 3, and a couple parlays on o/us.

Good luck to everyone out there.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5354

Let's make some penetrating money
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave Demonata 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Gomi probably gets KO'd in the first.. He's done..

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

I'm expecting Kondo vs Jeon to be especially brutal.

There's racism between korea and japan due to war atrocities japan committing against koreans in World War II.

For one, japanese forced something like 250,000 korean women to become prostitutes and service japanese soldiers during the war.

Koreans are still pissed about things like that.

Anytime its japan vs korea, there's more on the line than personal pride.

Demonata

I just bet kondo twice on accident. Super drunk since today's my birthday. Omg

Shagdogy

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    I'm expecting Kondo vs Jeon to be especially brutal.

There's racism between korea and japan due to war atrocities japan committing against koreans in World War II.

For one, japanese forced something like 250,000 korean women to become prostitutes and service japanese soldiers during the war.

Koreans are still pissed about things like that.

Anytime its japan vs korea, there's more on the line than personal pride.
    Not to mention they are both hittable, have accurate hands, and lack the power to end it with one punch. Gonna be a looooot of punches landed in this fight unless Kondo gets TD too easy and smothers.

Shagdogy

Jumeau -255, 3u
    Nakamura +110, 1u
    Kondo -115, 1.15u
    Abe +100, 1u
    Ishihara/Dy o1.5, -160, 1.6u

I also have small plays on Dy and Da Silva but those are admittedly just stabs I threw out there for fun so win or lose I won't be counting those towards record.

Good luck everyone! I'm predicting some exciting fights tonight.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Shagdogy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

UFC Fight Night 117: Saint Preux vs. Okami Picks:
    Hyun Gyu Lim Round 1 KO (Flying Knee and Punches)
    Luke Jumeau Round 2 TKO (Punches)
    Syuri Kondo Unanimous Decision (30-27 x3)
    Keita Nakamura Round 2 Submission (Rear-Naked Choke)
    Jussier Formiga Unanimous Decision (29-28 x3)
    Teruto Ishihara Round 1 KO (Punches)
    Gokhan Saki Round 1 KO (Punches)
    Dong Hyun Kim Round 1 TKO (Punches)
    Claudia Gadelha Unanimous Decision (30-27 x3)
    Ovince Saint Preux Round 1 KO (Punches)

Hugo de Naranja

UFC Fight Night 117: Saint Preux vs. Okami

Fight Pass Prelims:

Fight #1: Lim vs. Abe (DEBUT)
    Parlays

Fox Sports 1 Prelims:

Fight #2: Jumeau vs. Anzai (DEBUT)
    Jumeau Submission (+1080) .5u

Fight #3: Kondo (DEBUT) vs. Jeon
    Kondo (+115) 1u

Fight #4: Nakamura vs. Morono
    Nakamura ITD (+355) 1u
    Nakamura Round 2 (+850) .25u
    Nakamura Round 3 (+1525) .25u

Main Card:

Fight #5: Formiga vs. Sasaki
    Sasaki Submission (+1725) .5u

Fight #6: Ishihara vs. Dy
    Ishihara ITD (+125) 1u

Fight #7: Saki vs. Da Silva
    Da Silva Submission (+325) .5u

Fight #8: Gomi vs. Kim
    Parlays

Fight #9: Gadelha vs. Andrade
    Gadelha -3.5 (+155) 1u

Fight #10: Saint Preux vs. Okami
    Okami (+395) 1u

Straight Parlays:
    Saki+Da Silva Under 1.5/Kim (+111) 1u
    Saki/Kim (+123) 1u
    Jumeau/Gadelha+Andrade Over 2.5 (+160) 1u
    Lim+Abe U1.5/Saki+Da Silva U1.5/Kim+Gomi U1.5 (+320) .5u

Prop Parlays:
    Lim+Abe WSR3/Saki+Da Silva Under 1.5 (+107) 1u
    Kim+Gomi WSR2/Saki+Da Silva WSR2 (+212) .5u
    Nakamura/Formiga Decision/Ishihara (+578) .25u
    Saki/Kim/Gadelha -3.5/Saint Preux KO (+800) .5u
    Lim/Jumeau ITD/Kondo (+835) .25u

Full Card Props:

Over 5.5 Fights Go Distance (+399) 1u

PaperTrail07

On Ace to Start the show

Shagdogy

It really annoys me that these fight nights don't air on fight pass. Seems like the fights on FS1 and FXX should also stream on fight pass for subscribers. Why not?
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave Shagdogy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Demonata

How's the fight looking?

First 12345 ... Last