JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

^^ Lol.. Good vid find Turbs..

Werdum is usually a very nice and respectful guy. I guess being around other great UFC fighters makes him uncomfortable..

There must be something more deep going on there between the two that we all don't know about.. UFC fighters have alot of testosterone flowing to begin with, easily set off... I do think Ferg almost his ass beat is all I know.. That's a big boy he was challenging there for a second whom also was a one time world BJJ champion.. Ferg would get buried, man handled and squashed..

El Cucuy no fear but that is expected..

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

The context apparently is that things were already tense because Ferguson had said some bad things about Werdum's and Khabib's manager, who is kind of a scumbag.

turbozed

Ferguson back up to -210. That was fast lol

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    Ferguson back up to -210. That was fast lol
    When you gunna go pro Turbo? You participate enough that it's probably worth it.

turbozed

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    When you gunna go pro Turbo? You participate enough that it's probably worth it.
    I haven't looked into the benefits of doing so but if you think it's worth it then I'll probably bite. What sort of benefits have you gotten from being a pro?

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Get 3K points or a Hundo...It pays itself back Betting Points daily for logging in Trivia, poker , contests...SBR store... Will pay itself back easy if you use the site
    I haven't looked into the benefits of doing so but if you think it's worth it then I'll probably bite. What sort of benefits have you gotten from being a pro?

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

good to see Ferguson getting punk'd like that. You have to be a real bitch to let someone put their finger in your face like that, over and over. And then he stands up when someone else shows up... lol at least he can fight but guy is pure trash

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5318

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Get 3K points or a Hundo...It pays itself back Betting Points daily for logging in Trivia, poker , contests...SBR store... Will pay itself back easy if you use the site
    Maybe i should go pro. Whats the best for usa players that already have 5dimes?

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

0 reason for anybody to not go pro, you literally just get free shitt
    who doesnt love free shitt? sucks you already have almost 8k points though demonata because it resets back to 3k when you turn pro

PaperTrail07

Wow you can now buy Bitcoin w points LOL....I lost 20$ BC to Hugo I guess LOL....

PaperTrail07

Right....250$ to BC right there....
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Maybe i should go pro. Whats the best for usa players that already have 5dimes?

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Werdum is my favorite bet in next week's card. Think he'll get the sub / KO victory.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Ferguson ML all the way down to (-170)
    you can't see it yet? lee and mcgregor is inevitable.

bookmark this

lee will whoop little fergie

Rich Benjamins
    Rich Benjamins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3698

I think a bet on either underdog should be the play. So I gotta put a small bet on Lee. This should be even money IMO. What has Ferguson done that's so great? He was getting beatup by Vannata and Barboza. He beat RDA 48-47, that was his greatest accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post

bookmark this

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5318

Lee is going down!!!!! El cucoy!!!!!!

Hugo de Naranja

Wow you can now buy Bitcoin w points LOL....I lost 20$ BC to Hugo I guess LOL....
    You can really buy BCs? I didn't see them in the store.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post

bookmark this

How much you got on Lee?

Rich Benjamins
    Rich Benjamins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3698

Another thing is Ferguson turned down a fight with Michael Johnson. He didnt want to avenge his loss there. because he said the UFC didn't offer him enough money. After all that training in preparation for Khabib, he should've accepted that fight IMO. If he had accept the fight and kicked Johnson's ass, then his stock would be higher in my eyes.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Benjamins View Post
    I think a bet on either underdog should be the play. So I gotta put a small bet on Lee. This should be even money IMO. What has Ferguson done that's so great? He was getting beatup by Vannata and Barboza. He beat RDA 48-47, that was his greatest accomplishment.
    He's on one of the longest winning streaks in UFC history with lots of finishes over solid competition.
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave Hugo de Naranja 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

firekillex

disagree completely... any smart top fighter wouldnt accept a fight against a completely different guy on a weeks notice... he was training in camp for a wrestler then would have to change his mentality completely for a high paced fast striker, literally the complete opposite guy and its a no win situation... he wins people say he shouldve won, he losses his huge win streak and title shot is gone

tony ferguson has arguably one of the best winning streaks in the UFC at 155 a shark tank of a division , on a 9 fight win streak and has the best winning percentage in ufc history lol and hes very dangerous in every aspect of MMA
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave firekillex 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    disagree completely... any smart top fighter wouldnt accept a fight against a completely different guy on a weeks notice... he was training in camp for a wrestler then would have to change his mentality completely for a high paced fast striker, literally the complete opposite guy and its a no win situation... he wins people say he shouldve won, he losses his huge win streak and title shot is gone

tony ferguson has arguably one of the best winning streaks in the UFC at 155 a shark tank of a division , on a 9 fight win streak and has the best winning percentage in ufc history lol and hes very dangerous in every aspect of MMA
    It was one day's notice too

firekillex

It was one day's notice too
    even worse haha, its funny because i actually think tony probably wanted to take the fight but his management wouldnt let him
    i guarantee ferguson would fight werdum if the scenario actually happened that he could.... people think top 5 fighters in the world are scared of people its just not like that

thats why i have a huge amount of respect for mcgregor because people talk crap but he took mendes on 2 weeks notice after training for aldo whos COMPLETELY different stylistically and won the fight... people give props for mendes for taking the fight on short notice but Mcgregor did the exact same thing against the best wrestler in the division and won the fight

thinking of ferguson vs mcgregor gives me goosebumps lolll and mcgregor said today he wants to legitamize the belt aka fight the winner of this scrap.... man that would be FCKIN INSANE

turbozed

Great preview of Ferguson/Lee by Bjjscout

Anyone with good knowledge of grappling have any input on this fight?

Compared to my analysis of striking I've discovered I'm very weak when it comes to predicting how the wrestling will go. For example, I lost a good chunk of change recently underestimating Olivier Aubin-Mercier's wrestling ability and overestimating Tony Martin's counter wrestling.

Watching this video breakdown hammers home how much I miss when analyzing grappling. I'm looking to get better so am looking for any resources to help me understand better. Is there a channel or website that shows you what to look for when it comes to MMA wrestling (kind of like an Lawrence Kenshin or BJJScout youtube channel for wrestling)?
    Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave turbozed 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja gave turbozed 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

firekillex

i wouldnt be surprised at all to see kevin lee get ferguson down, but what will he do when hes ontop?? Kevin Lee has great MMA entry takedowns and great drive in his double leg, but Ferguson is one of the best scrambling wrestlers/grapplers in MMA right now imo, he can threaten with multiple submissions off his back which makes it tough for Lee to do a ton of damage, and Kevin Lees best weapon on the ground in the UFC so far has been his back control/ rear naked choke, i highly doubt he gets to Fergusons back in this fight.... From the training ive been seeing Lee has been really working on his boxing so im thinking he may want to keep this standing up and work in occasional takedowns near the ends of rounds to get points and not get submitted himself, Kevin Lee is a brash dude but hes an intelligent guy and im sure he knows his strengths and weaknesses , he knows Fergusons skill set and knows he brings a dog fight and said hes ready for it... well see but i think itll be a competitive fight for 2 rounds or so and Ferguson will start breaking through, his pressure is to relentless for fighters, he will tag Lee and stop him by punches on the ground or submit him imo

should be a sweet fight though lets see what happens , either way pure wrestling Lee is better, but Tony isnt a typical wrestler hes super funk and has a ton of submissions so overall ground game id take Ferguson even though in a straight wrestling sense Lee is more explosive and better

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Watching this video breakdown hammers home how much I miss when analyzing grappling. I'm looking to get better so am looking for any resources to help me understand better. Is there a channel or website that shows you what to look for when it comes to MMA wrestling (kind of like an Lawrence Kenshin or BJJScout youtube channel for wrestling)?
    This site has some of the better wrestling/grappling breakdowns I've seen.

http://cagecraft.net

Most of the time not even the fighters themselves or their trainers/experts can predict how the wrestling/grappling will go. It can be difficult to estimate how strong someone is or how they'll react in a certain situation.

I think Tony Ferguson is a state and national champion in wrestling. He doesn't use his wrestling to look for takedowns but he could be a better wrestler than Kevin Lee. At least on paper.

Don't forget the reason Kevin Lee looks for takedowns in fights has to do with him being rocked by Leonardo Santos and Francisco Trinaldo. Lee takes it to the ground to avoid being KO'ed on the feet.
    Points Awarded:

turbozed gave Sanity Check 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

turbozed

Mara Borella steps in to fight Kalindra Faria on short notice. Borella recently beat Milana Dudieva in a recent Invicta and made us some cash. Will she pull through for us again? Will do some capping now.

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I thought Derrick Lewis retired? ....

Werdum is gonna take down the black beast and sub him out.. Look for that Werdum sub prop when it comes out, odds could be brutal though...

The Black Beast always has a chance at landing something big but I'm not betting on that in this fight against Werdum.. I think Werdum goes right for the clinch and trip take down...
    Werdum barely takes guys down anymore. Seems to love his chin and fights like he wishes he was a flashy smaller guy. I think Werdum is a big dummy. Probably can beat BB here, but I don't think he goes far anymore. BB been out in Houston helping hurricane victims. Hasn't even been training. When it goes deep he prob gets stopped.

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

I'm kind of feeling Tavares here. Leites has never been KO'd but I'm not sure he has the variety to outstrike Tavares in a standup fight, and Tavares has been showing some solid TDD lately.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Werdum barely takes guys down anymore. Seems to love his chin and fights like he wishes he was a flashy smaller guy. I think Werdum is a big dummy. Probably can beat BB here, but I don't think he goes far anymore. BB been out in Houston helping hurricane victims. Hasn't even been training. When it goes deep he prob gets stopped.
    I think Werdum will be looking for the clinch and then the trip take downs in this fight.. If he tries to stand and bang with Beast he will get KO'd.. Beast doesn't have the best take down defense either and he has been losing fights lately. Has a bad back and can't even train properly...

I think Werdum gets the win and probably by choke out.. Beast just shows up for a pay check in this one are my thoughts..

turbozed

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    I'm kind of feeling Tavares here. Leites has never been KO'd but I'm not sure he has the variety to outstrike Tavares in a standup fight, and Tavares has been showing some solid TDD lately.
    Glad you think the same. Here's my quick cap blurb from my notes:

Tavares looks better striking each time and his grappling seems to get better too. Able to counter wrestle Magalhaes against fence (very strong BJJ black belt), and also showed some sweet ground transitions against Theodorou. Tavares defended 7of 9 takedowns against Theodorou. He will only need to defend a couple of takedown attempts in 1st and halfway through 2nd against Leites. If he does,he'll be able to light Leites up with strikes who gasses early. Tavares should be -150 favorite. If he gets controlled on the ground in 1st, look for good live odds for comeback win.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Bellator 184 is on friday oct 6.

Weight class Method Round Time Notes
    Bantamweight Eduardo Dantas (c) vs. Darrion Caldwell [a]
    Featherweight Daniel Straus vs. Emmanuel Sanchez
    Featherweight Pat Curran vs. John Teixeira
    Bantamweight Joe Taimanglo vs. Leandro Higo

The context apparently is that things were already tense because Ferguson had said some bad things about Werdum's and Khabib's manager, who is kind of a scumbag.
    Werdum's manager, Ali Abdel Aziz. He could have links to terrorist groups and be a former FBI spy.

http://realfightstories.com/2015/12/...li-abdel-aziz/

THE_RUDESTER
    THE_RUDESTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1138

Lando Vannata -260 hammer it.

PaperTrail07

-225 a lot of places....
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_RUDESTER View Post
    Lando Vannata -260 hammer it.

THE_RUDESTER
    THE_RUDESTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1138

-225 a lot of places....
    Thanks. I'll be placing the bet in Vegas so I'm going to have to roll with what they have there.

First 12345 ... Last